Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation

Comments

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited April 2022

@Nekki said:

It makes sense to me to ensure only Host Reps are seeing purchases, so their sales can go up so they can afford that provider tag and @jbiloh can afford to make his YouTube videos.

Do you have money to piss up the wall on stuff you don’t really want to rebel against the evil empire? I don’t. I doubt many here do.

I don't follow - I can't picture how you can piss up a wall with money or what that has to do with rebellion or items you don't want. Maybe you should give those items away before peeing on them?

If you are saying in a weird way do I have money to buy servers from low end hosts, and would I buy it from them, of course. I prefer to use places like LES though and add another 5 to 10 services a month.

It would seem the only way to build that community up is to ensure as many sales as possible to the lower end providers - the website is called low end talk. Besides, folks who bought provider tags already spent the money - they won't pay again for 6 months in most cases. So buying them them doesn't benefit @jbiloh anymore. Prop up the host reps until they can afford a tag and move to the next one.

So you’re saying we should all buy stuff from
    Host Reps until they can afford a tag, then start supporting someone else and so on and so forth until everyone has a provider tag? Do we just do it until they have a tag then if they can’t afford the second invoice we say ‘fuck ‘em’, or do we help them out again?

That's an obvious one to me - fuck them. Once they buy the provider tag the money is spent. Buying from say NerdRacks (not attacking here just a paid provider example) well they already bought the provider tag. Buying from them won't bring another dime to LET for 6 months.

So yes, as soon as they get a provider tag, stop subscriptions, don't buy from them, and move on to another host rep. In fact I'd argue continuing to buy from providers is actively blocking poor host reps from growing to providers.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

It makes sense to me to ensure only Host Reps are seeing purchases, so their sales can go up so they can afford that provider tag and @jbiloh can afford to make his YouTube videos.

Do you have money to piss up the wall on stuff you don’t really want to rebel against the evil empire? I don’t. I doubt many here do.

I don't follow - I can't picture how you can piss up a wall with money or what that has to do with rebellion or items you don't want. Maybe you should give those items away before peeing on them?

If you are saying in a weird way do I have money to buy servers from low end hosts, and would I buy it from them, of course. I prefer to use places like LES though and add another 5 to 10 services a month.

It would seem the only way to build that community up is to ensure as many sales as possible to the lower end providers - the website is called low end talk. Besides, folks who bought provider tags already spent the money - they won't pay again for 6 months in most cases. So buying them them doesn't benefit @jbiloh anymore. Prop up the host reps until they can afford a tag and move to the next one.

Host Reps until they can afford a tag, then start supporting someone else and so on and so forth until everyone has a provider tag? Do we just do it until they have a tag then if they can’t afford the second invoice we say ‘fuck ‘em’, or do we help them out again?

That's an obvious one to me - fuck them. Once they buy the provider tag the money is spent. Buying from say NerdRacks (not attacking here just a paid provider example) well they already bought the provider tag. Buying from them won't bring another dime to LET for 6 months.

So yes, as soon as they get a provider tag, stop subscriptions, don't buy from them, and move on to another host rep. In fact I'd argue continuing to buy from providers is actively blocking poor host reps from growing to providers.

You're a very supportive person. Great idea!

🤣

LOL

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

You’re special then, if you want to spend your money that way, have at it. Don’t think anyone else can afford to spend money that way.

You are aware this will never, ever work, right?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@dustinc said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

Were you a part of AlphaRacks? Now reading about this...

Thanked by 1Erisa

@risharde said:

@dustinc said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

Yes

• @risharde said:

That is the first time he admitted to it publicly :D But yes, quite the drama. Google his username & AlphaRacks and that should make for an interesting read.

Thanked by 1risharde

@KermEd said:

@risharde said:

That is the first time he admitted to it publicly :D But yes, quite the drama. Google his username & AlphaRacks and that should make for an interesting read.

<3

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited April 2022

@dustinc said:

@risharde said:

@dustinc said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

Yes

Were you mistaken 2 years ago when you said you were not? https://lowendbox.com/blog/qa-with-racknerd-ceo-dustin-b-cisneros-on-leading-learning-help-and-execution/#comment-1219755

I don't have any particular investment in this area of events like others seem to, I am just curious.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Erisa said:

@dustinc said:

@risharde said:

@dustinc said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

Yes

Were you mistaken 2 years ago when you said you were not? https://lowendbox.com/blog/qa-with-racknerd-ceo-dustin-b-cisneros-on-leading-learning-help-and-execution/#comment-1219755

Ha.

Thanked by 2Erisa iKeyZ
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@Erisa said:

@dustinc said:

@risharde said:

@dustinc said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

Yes

I don't have any particular investment in this area of events like others seem to, I am just curious.

Now I am wondering if @dustinc was being sarcastic and my sarcasm detector didn't pick it up.

confused = true;

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • ErisaErisa Member

@risharde said:

@Erisa said:

@dustinc said:

@risharde said:

@dustinc said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

Yes

Now I am wondering if @dustinc was being sarcastic and my sarcasm detector didn't pick it up.

confused = true;

It's possible, but that's why I wanted to hear an answer.

@Erisa said:

@dustinc said:

@risharde said:

@dustinc said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

Yes

Here's one of our latest promos — https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178275/its-over-heres-this-dont-forget/p1

• @Nekki said:

@KermEd said:

To quote someone earlier in this very thread

@jbiloh said:
    I'd just ask you to consider giving it a chance.

It isn't complicated. It doesn't involve rebel forces, or peeing walls. Just don't use providers and focus on host reps. When someone you use becomes a provider, move those services along to another host rep.

Providers have pre-paid their dues. Buying services from them at that point forward won't put a single dime in the pocket of LET. Ergo, as I said, just boycott Providers. Not intending to cast negativity on them ... just no longer generating immediate revenue to LET.

• ErisaErisa Member

@dustinc said:

@Erisa said:

@dustinc said:

@risharde said:

@dustinc said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

Yes

Here's one of our latest promos — https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178275/its-over-heres-this-dont-forget/p1

Are you feeling okay?

Thanked by 2iKeyZ lentro
  • Can we flag this post? No one asked you about your services.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

@KermEd said:

To quote someone earlier in this very thread

@jbiloh said:
    I'd just ask you to consider giving it a chance.

It isn't complicated. It doesn't involve rebel forces, or peeing walls. Just don't use providers and focus on host reps. When someone you use becomes a provider, move those services along to another host rep.

You’re deluded. Good luck, go prove me wrong, wish you all the best, etc.

• ErisaErisa Member

@Nekki said: You’re deluded.

Isn't the only one in this thread...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dustinc said:

@Erisa said:

@dustinc said:

@risharde said:

@dustinc said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

Yes

@jbiloh Your RackNerd bot is broken.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @Nekki said:

Being deluded is the same as being a dreamer. Aim high in life - you can accomplish more than you give yourself credit for. Don't give up every time the odds are against you.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

Being deluded is the same as being a dreamer.

No, it literally isn’t.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • ErisaErisa Member

@Nekki said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

No, it literally isn’t.

You just gotta believe, Nekki! You can achieve all your dreams if you just believe!!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Erisa said:

@Nekki said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

No, it literally isn’t.

You just gotta believe, Nekki! You can achieve all your dreams if you just believe!!

This is the plot of all shonen anime.

Thanked by 3Erisa FrankZ netomx
  • @Nekki said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

No, it literally isn’t.

It's OK, you can do almost anything you set your mind to. Don't be afraid of the impossible. In the Oxford dictionary, the opposite of the word literally, is now literally. :) Open your mind to the chaos

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

@KermEd said:

@Nekki said:

No, it literally isn’t.

It's OK, you can do almost anything you set your mind to. Don't be afraid of the impossible. In the Oxford dictionary, the opposite of the word literally, is now literally. :) Open your mind to the chaos

Why do you want to give Jon more money?

• @Nekki said:

@KermEd said:

Why do you want to give Jon more money?

Now, that is just being silly:

@jbiloh said:
    Why is this fee happening?
    The LowEndTalk and LowEndBox platform is expensive to operate after considering hosting infrastructure, ddos protection, personnel, administrative office overhead, and all other costs. While our advertising partners help offset some of these expenses in order to maintain and grow our community and pay for new upcoming initiatives we need to increase our funding sources. Our goal is to not add additional advertisements, and to stay away from things that would negatively impact the U/I experience for our users.

Hosting Providers generally benefit greatly from LowEndTalk and LowEndBox and yet have never been required to pitch in. This very modest fee, of approximately $16/month (prepaid in six month increments) will go a long way towards keeping the lights on and allowing LowEndBox and LowEndTalk to continue the improvements already underway the past few years.

The only way to improve the LET community, is by having more people pay for provider tags of course.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@KermEd said: The only way to improve the LET community, is by having more people pay for provider tags of course.

I don't think that will "improve" the community.

However, that could improve the platform's infrastructure and all related aspects that's used to serve the community.

Just my 2 cents.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@KermEd, supporting Host rep is good idea but kind of impractical because people tend to buy when they are actually in need, or planning for it from a while, a good or tempting deal only works as catalyst.

However, idea supporting new hosts is actually respectable, after all this is "Low End Market" and so far what I have seen, mostly established provider have paid. This new paid provider tag will result only in "less offers from new comers" and it has been discussed already multiple times.