Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation - Page 32
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation

Comments

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited April 2022

@Saahib said:
    LEB frontpage is currently (again) all racknerd.

Other providers need to step their game up and start submitting their shit to LEB too.

EDIT:

Oh, and it even says in the first sentence that Dustin himself submitted it.

To continue LowEndBox’s new “interesting news” series, we recently received a new submission from Dustin B. Cisneros over at RackNerd to let us know that their highly anticipated Windows VPS product line is now back in stock!

Sour grapes all year round, eh?

EDIT 2:

In fact, every one of those posts say that they were submitted.

WHY AREN'T OTHER PROVIDERS SUBMITTING THEIR SHIT TOO?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • ErisaErisa Member

@dahartigan said: WHY AREN'T OTHER PROVIDERS SUBMITTING THEIR SHIT TOO?

Because then they can't complain about the state of LEB :]

Thanked by 2dahartigan Not_Oles
  • @Erisa said:

@dahartigan said: WHY AREN'T OTHER PROVIDERS SUBMITTING THEIR SHIT TOO?

Because then they can't complain about the state of LEB :]

Exactly!

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • mirocmiroc Member

@Nekki said:

@Saahib said:

This is how you know all the grand plans are bollocks. If there was a serious intent to make LEB something better than it is, have one provider all over the first page would be stopped long before now.

Your comments have no value to jbiloh as providers, their posts and the ad money are what bring in income. This is a business after all and no longer a community. Stop thinking of it as such.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@dahartigan said:

Years of mistreatment and favouritism probably plays a part, but that’s not really the point. If Jon wants to achieve what he says he wants to achieve, his editorial team should be proactively ensuring this situation doesn’t happen. I’m sure a bit of outreach would have avoided the problem.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@miroc said:

@Nekki said:

@Saahib said:

This is how you know all the grand plans are bollocks. If there was a serious intent to make LEB something better than it is, have one provider all over the first page would be stopped long before now.

Your comments have no value to jbiloh as providers, their posts and the ad money are what bring in income. This is a business after all and no longer a community. Stop thinking of it as such.

I’m here to enjoy myself whilst I still can. I suggest you do the same.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

Years of mistreatment and favouritism probably plays a part, but that’s not really the point. If Jon wants to achieve what he says he wants to achieve, his editorial team should be proactively ensuring this situation doesn’t happen. I’m sure a bit of outreach would have avoided the problem.

The level of laziness of many, perhaps most, small hosts is unbelievable. The level of teeth pulling that goes into getting folks to submit news, take part in interviews, etc, is stunning.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2022

@jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

The level of laziness of many, perhaps most, small hosts is unbelievable. The level of teeth pulling that goes into getting folks to submit news, take part in interviews, etc, is stunning.

Perhaps, or maybe hosts just don’t think it’s worth the effort because of the aforementioned years of mistreatment and favouritism.

You’re talking about folks who run small businesses - they are not typically ‘lazy’.

There’s a reason you don’t get engagement, maybe have a look at what you’re doing rather than just dump all the blame the hosts.

• mirocmiroc Member

How are they lazy? They too run a business just like you. If they don't want to participate in interviews chances are they don't see as much value in it as you do. It sounds more like a you problem.

• mirocmiroc Member

@Nekki said:

@jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

There’s a reason you don’t get engagement, maybe have a look at what you’re doing rather than just dump all the blame the hosts.

Couldn't agree more.

Thanked by 2Nekki bulbasaur

@miroc said:
    How are they lazy? They too run a business just like you. If they don't want to participate in interviews chances are they don't see as much value in it as you do. It sounds more like a you problem.

It's easy to get initial commitments and harder to get actual follow through.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@miroc said:

It's easy to get initial commitments and harder to get actual follow through.

Have you ever asked why? Or better still, tag the providers here and see if they’re happy to explain what the issues were.

• Why would anybody follow through? Why would anyone even pay the fee? To be relegated to second class providers below the mighty racknerd? This whole thread screams of nepotism, an act i thought was designed for third world countries like mine.

@vrasidas said:
    Why would anybody follow through? Why would anyone even pay the fee? To be relegated to second class providers below the mighty racknerd? This whole thread screams of nepotism, an act i thought was designed for third world countries like mine.

We are talking about different things.

Your remarks reference the provider tag fee model on LowEndTalk.

The last couple posts were discussing LowEndBox and all the free perks available to all hosting companies. See: https://lowendbox.com/?s=partner+with+lowendbox&searchsubmit=Find

• @jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

I don't agree. Hosts are not lazy. You need to rethink that, if you want to have any luck with this venture of yours.
    LEB has been a shithouse for a while. If I was a provider - I wouldn't want my companies name associated with LEB ( kind of how CC and Deluxe no longer want to be associated with it either, hence why you took control).

If things change on LEB - you will get many people posting offers there. But instead of working in that direction - you splatter RackNerd all over it, and wonder why no other host is willing to associate with the site..

You need to do better, instead of accusing hosts for not wanting to play ball, when the ball is covered in cow manure.

• I have noticed that a lot of hosts that are usually active are no longer engaging.

Thanked by 1Aractus
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited April 2022

@noobjockeys said:
    I have noticed that a lot of hosts that are usually active are no longer engaging.

Examples?

Show us the examples, and let's dive deep into these hosts. Let's find out where they're active, and how much effort they put into their business. This would be great.

I'm confident we won't find them successful, and it'll simply scream neglect, lazy, and a dead brand.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Not_Oles
  • Its not too long ago when the great deadpool event happen, most of them being featured on LEB, you can act like LEB is some premium stop for hosts to advertise their company on but at the end of the day, the reputation stain still remains, if you want LEB to be successful & slowly clear that stain, you have to do outreach and stop acting like LEB is a great place for hosts to be featured on.

• @dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:
    I have noticed that a lot of hosts that are usually active are no longer engaging.

Examples?

Show us the examples, and let's dive deep into these hosts. Let's find out where they're active, and how much effort they put into their business. This would be great.

I'm confident we won't find them successful, and it'll simply scream neglect, lazy, and a dead brand.

weird flex but ok

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    Its not too long ago when the great deadpool event happen, most of them being featured on LEB, you can act like LEB is some premium stop for hosts to advertise their company on but at the end of the day, the reputation stain still remains, if you want LEB to be successful & slowly clear that stain, you have to do outreach and stop acting like LEB is a great place for hosts to be featured on.

That's fair -- and I believe that they do/have done that. On top of that, after that initial invitation and feature, it would be up to the host to maintain their brand. To expand, engage with community comments, create new plans/promotions, and then submit on a monthly basis. There's a lot that goes into running a business - and it's up to the providers to put in the work. No one owes you anything, and you shouldn't be expecting others to chase you. It's as simple as that.

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

Examples?

weird flex but ok

It's not a flex, but the truth 👊

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dustinc said:

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

Examples?

weird flex but ok

No, it’s an opinion.

edited April 2022

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

Examples?

weird flex but ok

No, it’s an opinion.

Fair, and totally one way to look at it.

• @Nekki said: No, it’s an opinion.

Since he starts with "I'm confident" that would be a truth, no?

• ErisaErisa Member

@skorous said:

@Nekki said: No, it’s an opinion.

It just means that he is confident and believes in his opinion, which essentially means he believes it to be true. It does not make it the truth, just one possible truth.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @skorous said:

@Nekki said: No, it’s an opinion.

His truth, but definitely not the truth. Hence - an opinion.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @dustinc said: Examples?

You only need to look at the threads. For 3 or 4 days straight the same threads are showing. It's not just the hosts, but general members too.

I believe the issue is that 80% of LET members only know a few words in English, that being:-

DOUBLE MY BANDWIDTH
    RACKNERD RULES
    WE LOVE RACKNERD

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dustinc said:

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

Examples?

weird flex but ok

No, it’s an opinion.

Fair, and totally one way to look at it.

I’d argue the only way to look at it, but no-one seems to care about the meaning of the words they use these days.

Without LET/LEB, would your business be fucked?

• @Erisa said: t just means that he is confident and believes in his opinion, which essentially means he believes it to be true.

Exactly, therefore his statement is the truth. It doesn't make what he believes The Truth but it is the truth that he believes it.