Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation - Page 33
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Provider Tag Fee Implementation

Comments

• @Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:
    I have noticed that a lot of hosts that are usually active are no longer engaging.

Examples?

Show us the examples, and let's dive deep into these hosts. Let's find out where they're active, and how much effort they put into their business. This would be great.

I'm confident we won't find them successful, and it'll simply scream neglect, lazy, and a dead brand.

weird flex but ok

It's not a flex, but the truth 👊

No, it’s an opinion.

Fair, and totally one way to look at it.

I’d argue the only way to look at it, but no-one seems to care about the meaning of the words they use these days.

Without LET/LEB, would your business be fucked?

If LEB/LET close doors - he will just exit scam everyone again, and will use the money to start AlphaNerds or something, and latch onto another forum and do the needful there (aka spam it to oblivion).

Rinse, repeat.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@skorous said:

@Erisa said: t just means that he is confident and believes in his opinion, which essentially means he believes it to be true.

Exactly, therefore his statement is the truth. It doesn't make what he believes The Truth but it is the truth that he believes it.

He doesn’t believe, he’s just saying it. It was, as was pointed out, a ‘weird’ flex. Dusty is a lot of things, but he’s not stupid, so he’s not stupid enough to believe what he wrote is true. The implication of his statement is that you cannot be successful without heavily advertising on LEB/LET, which is obviously nonsense.

• @dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:
    I have noticed that a lot of hosts that are usually active are no longer engaging.

Examples?

Show us the examples, and let's dive deep into these hosts. Let's find out where they're active, and how much effort they put into their business. This would be great.

I'm confident we won't find them successful, and it'll simply scream neglect, lazy, and a dead brand.

Maybe they should take a note from your book, and start spamming double bandwidth offers? Idiot.

• @Nekki said: Without LET/LEB, would your business be fucked?

As an SEO and looking at both SEMRUSH and AHREF over 80% of Racknerd's traffic is BRAND or REFERRAL. This means that in terms of ORGANIC traffic not many people find Racknerd from traditional searches such as "VPS hosting" etc. So on the face of it, these referrals/direct traffic will all come from LET.

If LET was to die today, Racknerd would see a colossal drop in traffic/orders.

The above is all an opinion from an SEO who has been in the industry for 10+ years. I give no guarantees to my findings but have used these tools religiously for 5+ years and they have never LET me down (no pun intended).

Thanked by 3Nekki bulbasaur adly
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 2022

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

WHY AREN'T OTHER PROVIDERS SUBMITTING THEIR SHIT TOO?

Years of mistreatment and favouritism probably plays a part, but that’s not really the point. If Jon wants to achieve what he says he wants to achieve, his editorial team should be proactively ensuring this situation doesn’t happen. I’m sure a bit of outreach would have avoided the problem.

The level of laziness of many, perhaps most, small hosts is unbelievable. The level of teeth pulling that goes into getting folks to submit news, take part in interviews, etc, is stunning.

I don't agree. Hosts are not lazy. You need to rethink that, if you want to have any luck with this venture of yours.
    LEB has been a shithouse for a while. If I was a provider - I wouldn't want my companies name associated with LEB ( kind of how CC and Deluxe no longer want to be associated with it either, hence why you took control).

If things change on LEB - you will get many people posting offers there. But instead of working in that direction - you splatter RackNerd all over it, and wonder why no other host is willing to associate with the site..

You need to do better, instead of accusing hosts for not wanting to play ball, when the ball is covered in cow manure.

There is a relatively small group of hosts who really hustle. Who really put in the calories. I have respect for the effort of this group. Very rarely is there a magic solution to growth and success it just comes down to the work.

Then there is a group of hosts that do just enough to maintain. They are skilled in many cases but for whatever reason don't seem to have the drive to really advance their cause. This group confuses me because there is so much opportunity they could capture.

And then there is a group which does even less, in terms of effort and marketing, and most of them end up not succeeding.

This is just my opinion, I don't state it as fact but I've seen it play out over the 18 years I was directly involved in the hosting industry (as an owner of a company whose major customer group was other hosts). I've also seen the same thing, but from another perspective, in the last couple years running LEB/LET.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

FYI, this is all involucrated.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • LeeLee Veteran

@dahartigan said: Other providers need to step their game up and start submitting their shit to LEB too.

You have it bad for Racknerd huh. Good to see, you need a distraction.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @Nekki said:

@skorous said:

@Erisa said: t just means that he is confident and believes in his opinion, which essentially means he believes it to be true.

Exactly, therefore his statement is the truth. It doesn't make what he believes The Truth but it is the truth that he believes it.

He doesn’t believe, he’s just saying it. It was, as was pointed out, a ‘weird’ flex. Dusty is a lot of things, but he’s not stupid, so he’s not stupid enough to believe what he wrote is true. The implication of his statement is that you cannot be successful without heavily advertising on LEB/LET, which is obviously nonsense.

Well in all honesty - for him - that is the only way to get customers. From LEB and LET.

Other forums do due diligence and research the hosts they approve (even WHT). So he wouldn't be allowed on there. Hence he can only rely on LET/LEB. So for him - it's the only truth, albeit its only valid in his case.

Thanked by 2Nekki bulbasaur
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@noobjockeys said:

@Nekki said: Without LET/LEB, would your business be fucked?

As an SEO and looking at both SEMRUSH and AHREF over 80% of Racknerd's traffic is BRAND or REFERRAL. This means that in terms of ORGANIC traffic not many people find Racknerd from traditional searches such as "VPS hosting" etc. So on the face of it, these referrals/direct traffic will all come from LET.

The above is all an opinion from an SEO who has been in the industry for 10+ years. I give no guarantees to my findings but have used these tools religiously for 5+ years and they have never LET me down (no pun intended).

Thanks for your expert analysis.

@jbiloh said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jbiloh said:

@Nekki said:

@dahartigan said:

WHY AREN'T OTHER PROVIDERS SUBMITTING THEIR SHIT TOO?

Years of mistreatment and favouritism probably plays a part, but that’s not really the point. If Jon wants to achieve what he says he wants to achieve, his editorial team should be proactively ensuring this situation doesn’t happen. I’m sure a bit of outreach would have avoided the problem.

The level of laziness of many, perhaps most, small hosts is unbelievable. The level of teeth pulling that goes into getting folks to submit news, take part in interviews, etc, is stunning.

I don't agree. Hosts are not lazy. You need to rethink that, if you want to have any luck with this venture of yours.
    LEB has been a shithouse for a while. If I was a provider - I wouldn't want my companies name associated with LEB ( kind of how CC and Deluxe no longer want to be associated with it either, hence why you took control).

If things change on LEB - you will get many people posting offers there. But instead of working in that direction - you splatter RackNerd all over it, and wonder why no other host is willing to associate with the site..

You need to do better, instead of accusing hosts for not wanting to play ball, when the ball is covered in cow manure.

There is a relatively small group of hosts who really hustle. Who really put in the calories. I have respect for the effort of this group. Very rarely is there a magic solution to growth and success it just comes down to the work.

Would you mind saying who is in this group? Obviously we know you’ve got mad love for ya boy @dustinc, but I’d be interested to know who else makes the cut.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@noobjockeys said:

@dustinc said: Examples?

You only need to look at the threads. For 3 or 4 days straight the same threads are showing. It's not just the hosts, but general members too.

I believe the issue is that 80% of LET members only know a few words in English, that being:-

DOUBLE MY BANDWIDTH
    RACKNERD RULES
    WE LOVE RACKNERD

You really didn't provide a list, but that's ok -- we'll move on.

As for the frequent engagement you're seeing regarding RackNerd, all of it has been with intention and a direct result of our hard work. The community appreciates our services and presence. This is why we've been voted #1 top host, and #1 most professional.

Other providers can mimic the success we've been able to accomplish.

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

Examples?

weird flex but ok

No, it’s an opinion.

I’d argue the only way to look at it, but no-one seems to care about the meaning of the words they use these days.

LEB/LET ROI has been great, no doubt. This is why we're heavily engaged and invest in a banner advertisement on both LEB/LET, provide content for LEB, submit monthly offers to LEB, and occasionally post offers on LET which always provide the conversions we're after.

We also do very well with our other products, local business and our MSP approach (which is one of the reasons why we continue to expand our office space).

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

Examples?

weird flex but ok

No, it’s an opinion.

If LEB/LET close doors - he will just exit scam everyone again, and will use the money to start AlphaNerds or something, and latch onto another forum and do the needful there (aka spam it to oblivion).

Rinse, repeat.

OK? I'll continue to live rent free in your head.

@tester4 said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

Examples?

Maybe they should take a note from your book, and start spamming double bandwidth offers? Idiot.

We've been quite successful, it's totally up to providers to mimic, and or find what works for them -- if they're happy as is, or found something producing to the levels they're happy with, all good :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

You only need to look at the threads. For 3 or 4 days straight the same threads are showing. It's not just the hosts, but general members too.

I believe the issue is that 80% of LET members only know a few words in English, that being:-

DOUBLE MY BANDWIDTH
    RACKNERD RULES
    WE LOVE RACKNERD

As for the frequent engagement you're seeing regarding RackNerd, all of it has been with intention and a direct result of our hard work. The community appreciates our services and presence. This is why we've been voted #1 top host, and #1 most professional.

These are meaningless accolades.

You’ve effectively crafted an echo chamber here, so you win awards because you’ve cultivated an army of people who do very little other than bump your threads and vote for you in polls. That isn’t the LET community.

So you can say we’re number 1 in this and that, but you’re not legitimately good at anything other than convincing customers to vote for you on a forum they don’t care about.

I’m sure you don’t really care because this is just another marketing tool for you.

@noobjockeys said:

@Nekki said: Without LET/LEB, would your business be fucked?

We receive tons of organic traffic (we're ranked on the first page for several keywords).

You're also correct, that we have referral traffic, and a lot of it, that's been part of our marketing efforts to build :) We've paid out over 6 figures last year in affiliates - and we'd love to continue building that as well.

Thanked by 2dahartigan VayVayKa

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

DOUBLE MY BANDWIDTH
    RACKNERD RULES
    WE LOVE RACKNERD

You’ve effectively crafted an echo chamber here, so you win awards because you’ve cultivated an army of people who do very little other than bump your threads and vote for you in polls. That isn’t the LET community.

So you can say we’re number 1 in this and that, but you’re not legitimately good at anything other than convincing customers to vote for you on a forum they don’t care about.

I’m sure you don’t really care because this is just another marketing tool for you.

OK?

We'll keep winning.

edited April 2022

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Nekki said:

@skorous said:

Well in all honesty - for him - that is the only way to get customers. From LEB and LET.

Other forums do due diligence and research the hosts they approve (even WHT). So he wouldn't be allowed on there. Hence he can only rely on LET/LEB. So for him - it's the only truth, albeit its only valid in his case.

We advertise on WHT, and even are a corporate member there - we invest, and promote :) We enjoy the conversions. We're generating millions in revenue, and even in profit.

We're doing very well :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dustinc said:

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

DOUBLE MY BANDWIDTH
    RACKNERD RULES
    WE LOVE RACKNERD

OK?

We'll keep winning.

You will, I’m sure, because you’ve made a lot of effort into ensuring you will by gaming the system.

Thanked by 1dustinc

@dustinc said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Nekki said:

@skorous said:

We advertise on WHT, and even are a corporate member there - we invest, and promote :) We enjoy the conversions. We're generating millions in revenue, and even in profit.

By the way, in regards to this thread topic.

WHT corporate member is $450 quarterly. It's really not a big deal - the ROI we receive from there, justifies the membership.

And what LET is charging for tags here; can I say MASSIVELY on sale? Essentially free? If you're a hosting provider, be sure to grab one.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2022

Looking the discussion so far, it appears that if small host or starter comes here, will be overshadowed by biggies of LET. I joined here few days ago, associated with a small hosting company and we still can't decide that should wee advertise here with LET specific product those will be already on razor thin margin or losses and then compete with favoritism on those already loss making products. Certainly scaling will help but we can't invest on huge infra from day one to offer very cheap products. Perhaps @dustinc can help as he mentioned few posts earlier.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@mgcAna said: Looking the discussion so far, it appears that if small host or starter comes here, will be overshadowed by biggies of LET. I joined here few days ago, associated with a small hosting company and we still can't decide that should wee advertise here with LET specific product those will be already on razor thin margin or losses and then compete with favoritism on those already loss making products. Certainly scaling will help but we can't invest on huge infra from day one to offer very cheap products. Perhaps @dustinc can help as he mentioned few posts earlier.

If you've got a good product and good service for the right (and sustainable) price, you'll do alright on LET.

@mgcAna said:
    Looking the discussion so far, it appears that if small host or starter comes here, will be overshadowed by biggies of LET. I joined here few days ago, associated with a small hosting company and we still can't decide that should wee advertise here with LET specific product those will be already on razor thin margin or losses and then compete with favoritism on those already loss making products. Certainly scaling will help but we can't invest on huge infra from day one to offer very cheap products. Perhaps @dustinc can help as he mentioned few posts earlier.

Hi @mgcAna -- I'd love to help provide a sense of direction for your business. Perhaps you could help us, and provide us with some intel on your current strategy. What is your brand name? This would allow us an opportunity as a community to review your website and make suggestions.

Who do you currently have infrastructure with today? Is there a specific target market you're initially catering to, or in general the LET/LEB community? Some thing to consider is any and all free marketing avenues. Be sure to take a look at: https://lowendbox.com/blog/providers-grow-your-business-in-2022-partner-with-lowendbox-for-free-advertising/

You can submit offers on LEB, company related news/announcements and in general obtain additional exposure for free. If you/your team are savvy in area, perhaps submit tutorials regarding those topics to LEB. It's free, and exposure :)

On top of that, what type of outreach are you and the team doing today? I've been in sales for many years, and consider myself successful at it. So open to helping. Feel free to e-mail me [email protected] and I can help provide suggestions.

• noobjockeysnoobjockeys Member
    edited April 2022

@dustinc said: We're generating millions in revenue, and even in profit.

I am not sure how much I believe of that.

• LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
    edited April 2022

@dustinc said:
    We're generating millions in revenue, and even in profit.

Do you still rent all your equipment from CC. I’m not a hosting business expert but would think if your generating millions in revenue, and even in profit, you’d surely own your equipment for a higher profit margin over the longer term.

@LeonDynamic said:

@dustinc said:
    We're generating millions in revenue, and even in profit.

Do you still rent all your equipment from CC. I’m not a hosting business expert but would think if your generating millions in revenue, and even in profit, you’d surely own your equipment for a higher profit margin over the longer term much.

Colocrossing is indeed one of our vendors, we have multiple -- we cater to many in several different regions, as such multiple vendors is a must. We do rent a lot of it, and we do own some it. And most recently, obtained direct ARIN IPv4 allocation - so we're scaling quite fast.

@noobjockeys said:

@dustinc said: We're generating millions in revenue, and even in profit.

Become an LLP then I will believe you, no person/company with millions in revenue would still trade as an LLC with personal tax returns on profits. Either you talk shit or you have a shit accountant.

You soon will! We've grown incredibly fast, and revenue-wise qualified long ago for Inc 5000 - just not when it comes to the years in business they were looking for. I just spoke to them last month, and while again we qualify today revenue wise which is a requirement of minimum 2 million, we will meet all of their requirements by next year. So that'll help with your understanding.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dustinc said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

Examples?

weird flex but ok

No, it’s an opinion.

Rinse, repeat.

It's okay, I don't charge rent for the bathroom stall in my head, and am more than happy to devote it entirely to you.

I'll even do you a SOLID (😂)
    Your toilet paper has been doubled.

Thanked by 1Madcityservers

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dustinc said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Nekki said:

@dustinc said:

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@dustinc said:

@noobjockeys said:

Examples?

weird flex but ok

No, it’s an opinion.

Rinse, repeat.

It's okay, I don't charge rent for the bathroom stall in my head, and am more than happy to devote it entirely to you.

I'll even do you a SOLID (😂)
    Your toilet paper has been doubled.

Thank You! Glad I got my strategy instilled in you.

• How come you moved to CA? Were you not registered in Delaware last year?

edited April 2022

@noobjockeys said:
    How come you moved to CA? Were you not registered in Delaware last year?

Our LLC is in Delaware -- our LLC is not in CA. And we do have office space in CA as well.