Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes!

Comments

• kyroskohkyroskoh Member
    edited February 2022

@Astro said:

@dgc1980 said:

@RecD said: And, what's the difference between M10G 1TB and V10G XS?

M10G 1TB is guaranteed RAID5

Not sure why someone would need RAID setup for a seedbox though

If there's data issue, they can able to sync the new disk and with RAID5 or RAID10 setup which has lesser IOPS on 1 disk (RAID0).

• @taizi said:

@Astro said:

@dgc1980 said:

@RecD said: And, what's the difference between M10G 1TB and V10G XS?

M10G 1TB is guaranteed RAID5

Not sure why someone would need RAID setup for a seedbox though

because avoid data loss and no backup myself

I mean unless you have data that is super rare, you could just redownload the torrents. If its that rare, you should be backing it up irrespective of the RAID level.

• RecDRecD Member
    edited February 2022

@kyroskoh said: However now V10G series have RAID5 12-drive (~20 to 30% probability),

Yes I saw the EDIT2, but I just don't see the ~30% probability...

It seems Standard V10G XS comes with a cheaper price and less traffic compared to 12th Anniversary V10G S.
    Now I am confused.

Edit: you can see the Standard V10G product detailed page here: https://pulsedmedia.com/value10g-seedbox.php

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Well i got lucky and got one of them. 12th anniversary 200G

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Well i got lucky and got one of them. 12th anniversary 200G

Congrats! Been trying since yesterday no luck here.

edited February 2022

@RecD said:

@kyroskoh said: However now V10G series have RAID5 12-drive (~20 to 30% probability),

It seems Standard V10G XS comes with a cheaper price and less traffic compared to 12th Anniversary V10G S.
    Now I am confused.

Edit: you can see the Standard V10G product detailed page here: https://pulsedmedia.com/value10g-seedbox.php

You can pay 1€/month more on 12th Anniversary V10G S for additional 6TB bandwidth though as the staff said as many of the customers preferred more bandwidth.

Thanked by 2RecD PulsedMedia
  • Possibly dumb question - is the pricing recurring even if paying monthly? Or do I need to pay 12 months at once to lock in the price for a year?

• @SteamedHams said:
    Possibly dumb question - is the pricing recurring even if paying monthly? Or do I need to pay 12 months at once to lock in the price for a year?

Recurring monthly

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
    edited February 2022

@SteamedHams said:
    Possibly dumb question - is the pricing recurring even if paying monthly? Or do I need to pay 12 months at once to lock in the price for a year?

You can try to perform a checkout on the cart out for all paid plan ones as it has various recurring months for you to select (without completing the full checkout). For the raffle ones, just 1st month free and recurring months for you to select.

• For some reason uBlock hasn't blocked advertisement banner on the right. Disgusting.

• @LTniger said:
    For some reason uBlock hasn't blocked advertisement banner on the right. Disgusting.

You can manually block it, try right click on the banner

• @kyroskoh said:

@RecD said:

Now I am confused.

You can pay 1€/month more on 12th Anniversary V10G S for additional 6TB bandwidth though as the staff said as many of the customers preferred more bandwidth.

Can you tell me where is that offer 1€ for 6TB traffic? Or I should open ticket for that?

Is that only for V10G S? Can I get it for V10G XS 12th anniversary? Thanks

• jcarlo9jcarlo9 Barred
    edited February 2022

@sipe said:

@kyroskoh said:

@RecD said:

Now I am confused.

Can you tell me where is that offer 1€ for 6TB traffic? Or I should open ticket for that?

they're comparing

Standard V10G XS
    2TB RAID0 Storage
    10Gbps Network
    2GB RAM
    2 000 GiB Traffic  
    4.99€ Per Month

and

12th Anniversary V10G S
    2TB RAID0 Storage
    10Gbps Network
    2GB RAM
    8 000 GiB Traffic  
    5.99€ Per Month
    Thanked by 2sipe PulsedMedia
  • @sipe said:

@kyroskoh said:

@RecD said:

Now I am confused.

What I meant is the difference in Standard V10G XS vs 12th Anniversary V10G S

Thanked by 1sipe
  • @PulsedMedia Happy 12th Birthday!

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @PulsedMedia Happy anniversary.🎉🎉🎉

My seedbox performs very well. Keep it up. 💪

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @PulsedMedia can we get a one per customer limit on the raffle? I've received PM from members scaling it with 3 raffle wins on their accounts. And here we are sitting refreshing the page every chance we get.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@PulsedMedia Today is 12th Feb... Maybe the best day for €12.12/yr deal? :wink:

I hope there's some €12.12/yr deal with 2TB disk, high bandwidth is not needed (2TB is sufficient for me) :smiley:

One can always hope...

• @FAT32 said:

I hope there's some €12.12/yr deal with 2TB disk, high bandwidth is not needed (2TB is sufficient for me) :smiley:

One can always hope...

+1

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Do the raffles get provisioned instantly?

• Don’t think so @caracal. I received confirmation but it dosen’t show up as pending.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

@kyroskoh said: Probably it is handled via the host server for RAID5 of 12-drive (the remaining 8-disk as backup/redundancy).

No all 12 are being used. 11 data, 1 parity. Would not make sense to waste 8 drives, pay for them in all regards but not use them.

@Astro said: I mean unless you have data that is super rare, you could just redownload the torrents. If its that rare, you should be backing it up irrespective of the RAID level.

Some don't care, others do care. Hence we started offering RAID0 as well. RAID5 12drive into mix because it can cause a lot of work on our side if a lot of servers fail their drives at single time, like what happened just when V10G was launched, had more drive fails in ~a month than the past ~1½ years :)

Essentially at some point it gets more expensive to have servers fail causing issues for users, than just have redundant storage. Each drive fail has also non-zero chance of users cancelling their service because of that.

We like things buttery smooth, reliable and hands off. That's why for the longest time we did not have any RAID0 offerings.

@RecD said: It seems Standard V10G XS comes with a cheaper price and less traffic compared to 12th Anniversary V10G S.
    Now I am confused.

It is rebalancing towards traffic. Actually the margin on the anniversary for us is much much smaller than on the standard. Bandwidth is really expensive. We just got quoted from one provider 2300€ / month for single 10Gbps IP Transit connection. That doesn't even cover the cost from our place to their POP. Granted we expected this company to be a bit on the high side on prices tho, but that's probably much less than their typical customer pays for.

@SteamedHams said:

@Astro said:

@SteamedHams said:

Recurring monthly

and after the specials are over you can request to have longer payment schedule OR just load up credit and it will be automatically used.
    We are going to start automatically using credit for new invoices next month unless someone can point to us a major reason not to.

@Astro said:
    @PulsedMedia can we get a one per customer limit on the raffle? I've received PM from members scaling it with 3 raffle wins on their accounts. And here we are sitting refreshing the page every chance we get.

there might be an option actually for that. Ah yes! Apply once per order was applied but not apply once per customer! 🤦🤦

@FAT32 said:

One can always hope...

Sorry but 12.12€/year with 2TB storage is just not doable, even the 1212GB is very borderline. On 3 year prepayment closer to reality tho. Not sure how far even then tho :/

@Wicked said:
    Don’t think so @caracal. I received confirmation but it dosen’t show up as pending.

You missed out then, someone was a little bit quicker. Sorry WHMCS creates the order even if the service is not anymore available :/

@caracal said:
    Do the raffles get provisioned instantly?

Yes they do.

Thanked by 2FAT32 caracal
  • Ah I was still stupidly waiting as I got a order received email.

Now I’m sad and would want a 12TB server :(

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@Astro said:
    @PulsedMedia can we get a one per customer limit on the raffle? I've received PM from members scaling it with 3 raffle wins on their accounts. And here we are sitting refreshing the page every chance we get.

Dang! Someone managed to snatch FOUR raffle slots and still complained he missed one while logging in. The nerve with some people.

• So whats the actual traffic of 12th Anniversary V1000 500GB and 12th Anniversary M10G 1TB

• @FAT32 said:

One can always hope...

Sorry but 12.12€/year with 2TB storage is just not doable, even the 1212GB is very borderline. On 3 year prepayment closer to reality tho. Not sure how far even then tho :/

Can I take that as a hint for special plan?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@PulsedMedia said:

I noticed there's free bonus disk policy... what's the difference of say just assigning 2TB now vs later? (1212GB + 65% = 2000GB, which is still within the 150% limit)

• Gj to the one who took 12th Anniversary SSD 200G :) Hope its not the same guy who have already 5

• @PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

Dang! Someone managed to snatch FOUR raffle slots and still complained he missed one while logging in. The nerve with some people.

Some people just can't stop complaining.
    I personally even skipped on some raffles cause it was not the product I am looking for.

Thanked by 2emperor PulsedMedia
  • @Pilotseye said: I personally even skipped on some raffles cause it was not the product I am looking for.

Same here :)

Thanked by 1Pilotseye