Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes! - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes!

1202122232426»

Comments

• 12.5% Hourly Chance - means @PulsedMedia ??????

• @webontop said: 12.5% Hourly Chance - means @PulsedMedia ??????

this means, during each hour, there is a chance 12.5% chance there will be one added to available stock.

• @webontop said:
    12.5% Hourly Chance - means @PulsedMedia ??????

It means your chances are low to get the M10G

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

We have 3 servers with extreme unreliability, all passed initial stress testing, and some of them pass still those tests. All 3 have to be replaced. 2 have crashy HBAs, 1 has software issue most likely an user forcibly over committing ram to make server unresponsive (time to finally enforce ram limits?); It's 100% new hardware too. -- this started on that server immediately after terminating xmrig abusers btw, not sure if there is any connection but just funny coincidence. Logs show nothing on that case, and screen remains black when hooking up monitor so it's a complete halt of the system.

All 3 servers were taken into production during this celebration.

All of these should be sorted within the week.

On other news, there's tons new capacity on V1000 series. There just might be another special before the end of this celebration -- most likely on % off for first 1-3 years and high capacity.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    We have 3 servers with extreme unreliability, all passed initial stress testing, and some of them pass still those tests. All 3 have to be replaced. 2 have crashy HBAs, 1 has software issue most likely an user forcibly over committing ram to make server unresponsive (time to finally enforce ram limits?); It's 100% new hardware too. -- this started on that server immediately after terminating xmrig abusers btw, not sure if there is any connection but just funny coincidence. Logs show nothing on that case, and screen remains black when hooking up monitor so it's a complete halt of the system.

All 3 servers were taken into production during this celebration.

All of these should be sorted within the week.

On other news, there's tons new capacity on V1000 series. There just might be another special before the end of this celebration -- most likely on % off for first 1-3 years and high capacity.

Do you monitor CPU temps? You might find a thermal paste or heatsink sitting issue if there's a noticeable difference between identical hardware.

Thanked by 1Daniel15

We will probably do one more 12th anniversary offer today! :)

It will be on V1000 series

Raffles have new entry! V1000 1TB :)

edited March 2022

New Special Available At https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php

V1000 Series, 2TB, 4TB, 6TB and 8TB sizes from just 3.99€/Month.
    Plenty of traffic on these too!

Thanked by 1tototo
  • @PulsedMedia said: rclone, sonarr, pyload, resilio, syncthing, btsync (1.4 and 2.2), ffmpeg, fuse (unionfs, sshfs, s3fs etc.) etc.

Do you support Borgbackup? The storage looks pretty good for the price so it seems useful for remote backups. Borgbackup communicates over SSH and requires it to be installed on both the client and the server.

• emperoremperor Member
    edited March 2022

@Daniel15 said:

@PulsedMedia said: rclone, sonarr, pyload, resilio, syncthing, btsync (1.4 and 2.2), ffmpeg, fuse (unionfs, sshfs, s3fs etc.) etc.

Do you support Borgbackup? The storage looks pretty good for the price so it seems useful for remote backups. Borgbackup communicates over SSH and requires it to be installed on both the client and the server.

wget https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/releases/download/1.2.0/borg-linux64
    chmod +x borg-linux64

required arguments:
      <command>
        benchmark           benchmark command
        break-lock          break repository and cache locks
        check               verify repository
        compact             compact segment files / free space in repo
        config              get and set configuration values
        create              create backup
        debug               debugging command (not intended for normal use)
        delete              delete archive
        diff                find differences in archive contents
        export-tar          create tarball from archive
        extract             extract archive contents
        info                show repository or archive information
        init                initialize empty repository
        key                 manage repository key
        list                list archive or repository contents
        mount               mount repository
        prune               prune archives
        recreate            Re-create archives
        rename              rename archive
        serve               start repository server process
        umount              umount repository
        upgrade             upgrade repository format
        with-lock           run user command with lock held
        import-tar          Create a backup archive from a tarball

You can test it yourself. This is on my box with PulsedMedia

• weir1weir1 Member

pulsemedia dont have openvpn or wireguard?

@weir1 said:
    pulsemedia dont have openvpn or wireguard?

Not at this moment, but is on roadmap but there are dependencies which need to be sorted out first.

• This is actually better pricing than the "Astro Mega" plan!

8.79€ / month
    12-month prepayment

8TB RAID0 Storage
    1Gbps Network
    8GB RAM
    48 000 GiB Traffic
    http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=269&billingcycle=annually&promocode=12thanniversary-onemore

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • I'm new to Seedboxes, and so far I am quite happy. I got a 0.5 TB box at first, but managed to get a 1 TB box when it became available again. I was looking for an affordable storage VPS ever since Cucio disappeared, and this works quite okay instead of a VPS.
    I uploaded 665 GB, created a cronjob to add some daily data, and created 3 very large Torrents that can also be accessed through http.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I have the 450GB plan from Black Friday.
    It costs less than Amazon Prime and I can watch a wider selection of movies.
    The TV episode doesn't have mandatory ads.

• weir1weir1 Member

@PulsedMedia rutorrent not working..

12.03.2022 16:14:26] WebUI started.
    [12.03.2022 16:14:28] Bad response from server: (0 [error,getplugins])

jellyfin also not accepting my username password

• Can I add to @weir1 's report? le6-1-81flash seems down. I read the announcement (http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=546), which shows it was fixed 2 days ago, but this seems like a new problem. What worries me more is this:
    Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    udev 65964996 0 65964996 0% /dev
    tmpfs 13202652 18356 13184296 1% /run
    /dev/md0 28818428 4125060 23229460 16% /
    tmpfs 66013248 0 66013248 0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5120 0 5120 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 66013248 0 66013248 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/md1 62186976028 28 62124523084 1% /home
    tmpfs 13202648 0 13202648 0% /run/user/0
    tmpfs 13202648 0 13202648 0% /run/user/1002

Did /home get wiped?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Xenos said:
    Does PulsedMedia give an account credit if I cancel a service early? I have one seedbox that is unreliable and another one that works perfectly.

I wouldn’t have thought so, but If you don’t care about your data, ask for a re-provision via ticket.

• @LoyceV said:
    Did /home get wiped?

Update: I received an email around the time I posted this:
    "There is a backend software glitch which can cause all data on /home to be removed."
    Damn that's tough after uploading 665 GB :(

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited March 2022

Wow! What an month it has been! Well that for sure has been exciting!

We are dealing with 2-3.5x the ticket volume than usual right now, expecting ticket load to get lower in a few weeks.

So many things at record breaking levels now. This celebration promo has well exceeded our expectations in all regards.

Thank You.

• any quick trick when getting 504 Gateway Time-out\rtorrent? Ftp works, tried some commands in ssh but nothing

@mikoliono said:
    any quick trick when getting 504 Gateway Time-out\rtorrent? Ftp works, tried some commands in ssh but nothing

killall -9 -u YOUR_USERNAME

to be more specific, restart lighttpd + rtorrent

• @PulsedMedia Please help to check ticket #749377, my V10G L server is down for at least three days. I only got one response said the server is rebooting. But I still can not visit the dashboard and ssh.