Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes! - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes!

Comments

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Yeap sadly so, 0.25€ charge. Past 1½ days was like 75% fraud.

Oh well, knew this might happen, atleast we got a ~week out of it with not too much hassle

• @PulsedMedia what fraudulent activities they are doing? Crypto mining you mentioned or something else?

@oriend said:
    @PulsedMedia what fraudulent activities they are doing? Crypto mining you mentioned or something else?

that's one, but main thing is that they are registering all of them with fake accounts, throwaway mails etc etc.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@oriend said:
    @PulsedMedia what fraudulent activities they are doing? Crypto mining you mentioned or something else?

that's one, but main thing is that they are registering all of them with fake accounts, throwaway mails etc etc.

Yeah.., when I request refund, my 12th Anniversary M10G Raffle, IP and client area login banned now for 1 years. Thank you.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    not sure if i remembered to mention this at all; But you can always ask for reprovisioning if you do not need data migration and want another server.

Just open ticket you want reprovisioned, no data migration necessary. A new server at "seemingly randomly" will be selected for you.

I did this. Below is the response from your support. Cancelled the service.

Your own un-laziness would be much appreciated.

Reprovisioned.

Respect others, if you want support buy a actual paid service

Thanked by 2TimboJones chedenaz
  • @Iroshan464 said:

@TimboJones said:
    Why is it expected for new seedbox users to be hard on resources for the first few weeks only and then settle down?

I understand with a normal VPS the OS image gets written to disk in big blocks and then OS upgraded and updates installed, so that's some decent I/O. And then they upload data to their new server until it's mostly full and then typical usage is less.

For a seedbox user, not sure if you just add another login/user or if you write another VPS image per user, but that'll be some I/O (unless you preprovision servers so that heavy lifting is done before any customers get on). And then like VPS case, you upload a shit ton and that's a lot of I/O until filled. But in seedbox case, it should just switch to high read I/O instead of writing I/O if it's seedboxing TB's 24/7, so it won't really "settle down" from constantly reading small blocks from tons of files on slow spinners.

Filling up the space.
    As for many private trackers using freeleech content to increase upload ratios. Once it is done, usage go down a lot.

Read my last sentence. The writes just change from writing single files/blocks efficiently to reading from disk inefficiently in small blocks. The disk is still under constant reads or writes. I'm saying filling a VPS is similar to filling a seedbox (though filling the seedbox takes much longer), the difference being afterwards the VPS doesn't switch to 24/7 reads at high duty that a typical VPS doesn't. VPS' tend to be smaller, so the large spinners also have way more seek, etc.

Anyway, I subscribe to 10,000 hours experience as meaning something along the lines of expert, so "that's just how it is" is the conclusion.

Thanked by 1Iroshan464
  • @TimboJones Theoretically it reads 24x7, but a good portion of torrents will not be read all the time. Especially in private communities, the amount of upload is far far less because there are so many seeders. That helps, I think.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited February 2022

@Wicked said:

@PulsedMedia said:
    not sure if i remembered to mention this at all; But you can always ask for reprovisioning if you do not need data migration and want another server.

Just open ticket you want reprovisioned, no data migration necessary. A new server at "seemingly randomly" will be selected for you.

Reprovisioned.

Un-laziness? Can I buy you a thesaurus instead?

But what is the context that someone is being lazy for reportedly being on a poorly performing server that is 100% on the company, not customer?

And then the gaslighting at the end about respecting others after opening with an insult is a motherfucking punchable offense if said in person. The fucking nerve of that support guy.

Support guy needs a talking to.

@Wicked said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Reprovisioned.

Aahh i think i remember this. You should post the whole ticket if you want to complain about support publicly. Just to be fair.

I recall something you of accusing us being lazy, while i think you refused to say what's up and expecting for us to go for wild goose chase. Double funny if this was one of the raffles, like it looks like. Very disrespectful. Stop dissing others and you'll find people are much more willing to help you.

@BHS said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@oriend said:

Yeah.., when I request refund, my 12th Anniversary M10G Raffle, IP and client area login banned now for 1 years. Thank you.

Don't abuse stuff, and you'll be fine. Abuse and you'll definitively get banned.

@TimboJones said:

@Iroshan464 said:

@TimboJones said:
    Why is it expected for new seedbox users to be hard on resources for the first few weeks only and then settle down?

I understand with a normal VPS the OS image gets written to disk in big blocks and then OS upgraded and updates installed, so that's some decent I/O. And then they upload data to their new server until it's mostly full and then typical usage is less.

For a seedbox user, not sure if you just add another login/user or if you write another VPS image per user, but that'll be some I/O (unless you preprovision servers so that heavy lifting is done before any customers get on). And then like VPS case, you upload a shit ton and that's a lot of I/O until filled. But in seedbox case, it should just switch to high read I/O instead of writing I/O if it's seedboxing TB's 24/7, so it won't really "settle down" from constantly reading small blocks from tons of files on slow spinners.

Filling up the space.
    As for many private trackers using freeleech content to increase upload ratios. Once it is done, usage go down a lot.

Read my last sentence. The writes just change from writing single files/blocks efficiently to reading from disk inefficiently in small blocks. The disk is still under constant reads or writes. I'm saying filling a VPS is similar to filling a seedbox (though filling the seedbox takes much longer), the difference being afterwards the VPS doesn't switch to 24/7 reads at high duty that a typical VPS doesn't. VPS' tend to be smaller, so the large spinners also have way more seek, etc.

Anyway, I subscribe to 10,000 hours experience as meaning something along the lines of expert, so "that's just how it is" is the conclusion.

"That's just how it is" -- yea kinda correct conclusion. One could go in tangent and go in detail, spent a lot of time to gather the technical data etc. tho.

The I/O use gets lower has a tons of different reasons over a period of time, it's culmination of many many things. Less writes, swarms saturated with peers, torrents getting older, things have been setup as the user likes them etc etc. The first few days to few weeks are the most brutal, say 5 users at the same time leeching at 100%, doing unpacking etc. that will cause any server to have I/O maxed out -- because so many are racing for the I/O resources, each task starts taking more time, thus I/O being maxed out longer. During this "race condition" also the drives have to seek much more as they swap between which things to write.

@TimboJones said:

@Wicked said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Reprovisioned.

Un-laziness? Can I buy you a thesaurus instead?

But what is the context that someone is being lazy for reportedly being on a poorly performing server that is 100% on the company, not customer?

And then the gaslighting at the end about respecting others after opening with an insult is a motherfucking punchable offense if said in person. The fucking nerve of that support guy.

Support guy needs a talking to.

You should see the whole ticket. If i recall correctly this guy was being very disrespectful and vague at the same time. Just because a person works at support, often familiarly called as helldesk, does not mean you get to abuse them however you please. Want to punch someone? Punch those who thinks that helldesk operators are door mats to be abused, and there to serve your every single desire, including; but not limited to coming and doing the metaphorical wiping when you are on the toilet.

Thanked by 2TimboJones chedenaz
  • @Wicked said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Reprovisioned.

As usual the context is missing, selectively picking parts of a long ticket history, just to show how mean the support person was to the poor customer who did nothing wrong as far as they are concerned.

For what it's worth this snippet could be completely made up, unless you are willing to share the whole communication.

Thanked by 2PulsedMedia chedenaz
  • @Pilotseye said:

@Wicked said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Reprovisioned.

As usual the context is missing, selectively picking parts of a long ticket history, just to show how mean the support person was to the poor customer who did nothing wrong as far as they are concerned.

For what it's worth this snippet could be completely made up, unless you are willing to share the whole communication.

A screenshot would be ideal actually.

• WickedWicked Member
    edited February 2022

@PulsedMedia said: I recall something you of accusing us being lazy, while i think you refused to say what's up and expecting for us to go for wild goose chase. Double funny if this was one of the raffles, like it looks like. Very disrespectful. Stop dissing others and you'll find people are much more willing to help you.

Lol no. I called myself lazy because I installed Jellyfin and decided I wanted to try Emby and asked for reprovision instead of having to uninstall everything. Tell me how this is very disrespectful. @Pilotseye @Astro

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Wicked said:

@PulsedMedia said: I recall something you of accusing us being lazy, while i think you refused to say what's up and expecting for us to go for wild goose chase. Double funny if this was one of the raffles, like it looks like. Very disrespectful. Stop dissing others and you'll find people are much more willing to help you.

Lol no. I called myself lazy because I installed Jellyfin and decided I wanted to try Emby and asked for reprovision instead of having to uninstall everything. Tell me how this is very disrespectful. @Pilotseye @Astro

Quite honestly this changes the way your earlier post portrayed the provider.

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • @Wicked said:

Lol no. I called myself lazy because I installed Jellyfin and decided I wanted to try Emby and asked for reprovision instead of having to uninstall everything. Tell me how this is very disrespectful. Pilotseye Astro

The insane lack of self awareness. Yikes.

Thanked by 2ooowwww vimalware
    edited February 2022

Indeed that changes the picture completely. This is why always screenshots or bullshit.

Admittedly i can be pissed off often when working on Helldesk, and i had forgotten the details of this ticket -- but it was perceived as very disrespectful, person who got free service was too lazy to use their own service and asked us to do it on his behalf. This person just technically cost the company with those tickets and these replies something like 40€ -- on top of trying to make us look bad for not doing the metaphorical ass wipe for him. Gratis, probono of course.

Personally i think i just showed a great self-restraint for continuing to be courteous and completing the requested reprovisioning.

@Wicked please choose another provider or learn to respect people who are there to help you.

Thanked by 1Pilotseye
  • @Wicked said:

That's being rude, disrespectful and unprofessional. Just to note, regardless if it's a free or a paid service, as a business you should be professional and should not respond to a support ticket just as if you're talking to your good friends on whatsapp.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • WickedWicked Member
    edited February 2022

@malignify said: That's being rude, disrespectful and unprofessional. Just to note, regardless if it's a free or a paid service, as a business you should be professional and should not respond to a support ticket just as if you're talking to your good friends on whatsapp.

Exactly.

@PulsedMedia you post here that getting a reprovision just based on which CPU you get is no problem. I actually used the service for hours and posted feedback both here and on Reddit before asking for a re-install.

Of course if I was asking numerous times for reprovision and creating lots of tickets I would get it. But this was my first ticket.

• @Wicked said:

See, it's not that hard to provide actual context :wink:

• @malignify said:
    That's being rude, disrespectful and unprofessional.

Writing such a ticket for a free service is extremely rude and disrespectful. I'm amazed that they actually responded and did it.

• Asking someone to do something for free because they are lazy is outright impolite. It gives the sense they are entitled ones. Although I think @Wicked worded the ticket wrongly and may not have necessarily meant disrespect. This could have better been worded and no one would have felt insulted.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@malignify said:

@Wicked said:

That's being rude, disrespectful and unprofessional. Just to note, regardless if it's a free or a paid service, as a business you should be professional and should not respond to a support ticket just as if you're talking to your good friends on whatsapp.

The service is specified as "free first month" but later months still have to be paid.
    There's nothing wrong in requesting service.
    The provider shouldn't be complaining about these tickets costed €40; instead, they should make automation (reinstall button & chatbot to automatically handle tickets) so that they don't have to spend on tickets.

The customer shouldn't have used the phrase "too lazy".
    They should just ask for a reinstall and that's all.

I have no problem with providers responding as if they are talking to good friends.
    Everyone is allowed to have their personality.
    It feels more friendly that way.

• I signed-up to try this thing a few hours ago. Ordered with that 90% off, added some Linux ISOs, and now I get this:

502 - Bad Gateway

Potential reasons:

- Your lighttpd instance may have crashed or restart has been requested - autorestart within ~1 minute.
    - You are beyond your burstable disk quota and/or burst time period has gone full - You might need to check your data

Please wait 1-2 minutes and try again - if the issue persists, please open a support ticket.

I guess I need to buy some popcorn for the future. The end might be near on this one.

• @default said:
    I signed-up to try this thing a few hours ago. Ordered with that 90% off, added some Linux ISOs, and now I get this:

502 - Bad Gateway

Potential reasons:

- Your lighttpd instance may have crashed or restart has been requested - autorestart within ~1 minute.
    - You are beyond your burstable disk quota and/or burst time period has gone full - You might need to check your data

Please wait 1-2 minutes and try again - if the issue persists, please open a support ticket.

I guess I need to buy some popcorn for the future. The end might be near on this one.

You are probably on a bad node make a ticket get migrated, when I tried pulsedmedia last time it was very unstable ,but this time I am on a good node and everything works also, PS you can enable qbittorrent , and in webui settings make it listen on 0.0.0.0 that way you don't even have to login to web portable

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2022

@codelock said:

@default said:
    I signed-up to try this thing a few hours ago. Ordered with that 90% off, added some Linux ISOs, and now I get this:

502 - Bad Gateway

Potential reasons:

You are probably on a bad node make a ticket get migrated, when I tried pulsedmedia last time it was very unstable ,but this time I am on a good node and everything works also, PS you can enable qbittorrent , and in webui settings make it listen on 0.0.0.0 that way you don't even have to login to web portable

I am a first time user. I do not have access to webui because of that error. I just left the web interface with default settings, and used rutorrent with default settings. I merely wanted to try out this provider and offer, without any care for the few cents I spent.

Asking for migration at just few hours after ordering, is just too much hassle by me. Usually providers put new customers automatically on available machines. I shall continue waiting for it to be fixed, if not... it means I really need to buy popcorn.

edited February 2022

That error happens typically when php-fpm crashes, thanks to rtorrent and it's copious amounts of issues. Plan is to move rutorrent/rtorrent as secondary/optional client instead of the default.

Automation should restart it again, if not, just open a ticket with that error message.

Will get more checks done against php-fpm crashes. Also need to do a check that rtorrent is actually using the socket, that too happens at times. rtorrent just stops communicating via xmlrpc API.

rTorrent is now abandonware and everyone should move to qbittorrent, or maybe flood with anything but rtorrent as backend.

However, we cannot just blanket do that change since we have users with us for 12 years now, and they are accustomed to just using rtorrent -- so slowly will happen over time.

• @default said:

@codelock said:

@default said:

502 - Bad Gateway

Potential reasons:

I am a first time user. I do not have access to webui because of that error. I just left the web interface with default settings, and used rutorrent with default settings. I merely wanted to try out this provider and offer, without any care for the few cents I spent.

Asking for migration at just few hours after ordering, is just too much hassle by me. Usually providers put new customers automatically on available machines. I shall continue waiting for it to be fixed, if not... it means I really need to buy popcorn.

My suggestion when webui works again enable qbittorrent and change the setting inside qbittorrent web-ui so you can just acess it at : port for qbittorrent web-ui works out to be more stable,

Yet is really such a same that services are this unstable, but I think they are looking into I introducing LXC(or some conatiner) so you have root acess, abusers can be banned and I bet it will improve stability a lot

• Still not working. Cancellation requested. I like my services stable and working, even when my servers are idling. This is all just too much hassle, so I will not ask for any refund on a few cents spent (even a bag of popcorn costs more).

I wish a lot of luck to Pulsed Media, they're going to need it if they decide to continue selling unstable services. Thank you for allowing me to try your services, even for a few hours (while it worked).

Thank you for the replies @codelock - I appreciate you because you tried to help.

All but web interface was still running at that point btw.

That php-fpm crashyness is damn annoying bug. Have spent many days trying to find the culprit, no debug data helps. Thought we had autorestart nailed down with simply checking response code with simple wget, apparently not :/

and yet it's rare enough that i can never catch it happening myself when trying, but way too common to cause situations like this.

It's starting to become like rtorrent, there needs be layers like a onion to check if php-fpm keeps working lol

My educated guess is that's it somehow with rTorrent's instable use of sockets which causes this, php-fpm really cannot be that unstable as to crash it's own internal checks too (yes php-fpm itself or was it lighttpd is supposed to autorestart on crash).

If i recall right we check for http response and processes, and when that 502 happens both checks must pass and the internal php-fpm/lighttpd restart fail as well. It is also completely random, there is no reproduction for it to truly debug against it.

All from memory, it's been a few months last time trying to resolve that.

• @PulsedMedia i am only using my box as storage with rsync, is there a way to stop all those other apps related to torrenting ?

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@ehab said:
    @PulsedMedia i am only using my box as storage with rsync, is there a way to stop all those other apps related to torrenting ?

nope not at the moment. resource consumption is so small as well it does not really matter

Thanked by 1ehab