Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes! - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes!

Comments

• @PulsedMedia said:

@hotsnow said:
    @PulsedMedia

wget the files on Hetzner Germany are too slow, only several MB/s, even often under 1MB/s, both Nuremberg and Falkenstein are all have this issue, but Hetzner Finland is very good, could you please help check this issue? perhaps some route issue? I have asked some friends, their box are all have the same issue.

thanks.

Both direction MTRs are required.

Regardless, this is most likely Hetzner side routing, it's their network. We have fast connectivity to their Finland DC, why don't they route their traffic between datacenters internally and announce all their networks at both ends?
    Probably because long distance point to point (no matter CWDM, DWDM, Dark fiber) is super expensive, and it's cheaper to go via transit.
    They probably only have direct links between datacenters used for their own servers, but do not announce say Falkenstein IP ranges in Finland, and vice versa.

It quickly looks like 3rd party issue, where in reality Hetzner is just trying to save money.

We cannot fix how they announce their IP ranges, and traffic will route by whatever transit is the shortest length.

Get both ways MTR from all 3 locations and we can see if my suspicion is confirmed.
    Then see MTR between all 3 of the servers.

Very interested in seeing those results!

Maybe @Hetzner_OL is interested in changing this in the future, who knows :wink:

Thanked by 1nordmann
  • @Pilotseye said: Maybe @Hetzner_OL is interested in changing this in the future, who knows

Nice theoretically idea but this would imply providers talking to each other on helpful level rather than complaining what the other does wrong or why the own offer is best ;) :p

Thanked by 1Pilotseye
  • afnafn Member
    edited February 2022

@nordmann said: Nice theoretically idea but this would imply providers talking to each other on helpful level rather than complaining what the other does wrong or why the own offer is best

They are not really talking to each other. The pulsedmedia representative is a real useful person who can do things and know what they are talking about when it comes to technical issues. The Hetzner representative is mainly commercial/marketing, not technical and does nothing aside from "forwarding" to other people who may or may not care, just a pseudo-"presence".

Thanked by 2nordmann PulsedMedia
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

not sure if i remembered to mention this at all; But you can always ask for reprovisioning if you do not need data migration and want another server.

Just open ticket you want reprovisioned, no data migration necessary. A new server at "seemingly randomly" will be selected for you.

We are constantly adding servers as well, and as expected many servers loads plummeted after just waiting couple days as people settle in.

Thanked by 1hotsnow

also if you missed; Join us on Discord https://discord.gg/9mAPuRSrpG

Thanked by 2nordmann Ganonk
  • @sezing said:
    Does anyone who has Astro's MEGA plan see above 10mbps?

@PulsedMedia How do you divide port speed per user? 10gbps port speed but I can't go above 10mbps.

Astro plan
    Node Name Upload Speed Download Speed Latency
    Speedtest.net 5824.57 Mbps 7661.43 Mbps 0.85 ms
    Los Angeles, US 517.05 Mbps 1494.40 Mbps 163.42 ms
    Dallas, US 632.26 Mbps 1695.71 Mbps 137.04 ms
    Montreal, CA 725.61 Mbps 901.80 Mbps 109.20 ms

Also for those who were looking for a faster way to download files via the web you can use rclone serv. You can read the documentation for rclone to add authentication to the webpage. I get full speed downloads from this method, but it you are over your bandwidth allotment your still reduced to the 100mbps limit.

"rclone serve http /home/myuser/ --addr :[port]"

Thanked by 2PulsedMedia dev077
  • In the discord chat, users are complain someone is abusing the server for the crypto mining ,i think you should intervene.the seedbox's username seems to be "yao"(a common surname in china , moron mjj strikes again ?)

• OK, I got 2 M10G Raffles and 2 RAID 5 V10 XSes. I'm satisfied :smiley:

• sezingsezing Member, Host Rep

@PcJamesy said:

@sezing said:

@PulsedMedia How do you divide port speed per user? 10gbps port speed but I can't go above 10mbps.

Astro plan

Also for those who were looking for a faster way to download files via the web you can use rclone serv. You can read the documentation for rclone to add authentication to the webpage. I get full speed downloads from this method, but it you are over your bandwidth allotment your still reduced to the 100mbps limit.

They don't have any speed test problems. I can get the same speeds with speedtest.

In production, this is not the same.

I have a V10G L seedbox and MEGA seedbox. Both of them have 10gbps right?

I upload the same torrent from the same tracker at the same time and I get:

V10G L downloads speed at 150mps+
    MEGA downloads speed at 4mps+

Also, every couple of days, I can't use my MEGA seedbox because I can't access it. Restarting not working etc.

Opening a ticket and getting a reply 1 day later with a default message like a kid who doesn't know how things work.

This is cheap I get it. But what is the point of getting a cheap seedbox if I am not able to use it? Why do I have to restart the server every day to use it?

At this moment, I still can't access my server. I am gonna try to restart it again. I hope this time I can access it.

I am expecting help. Could you please look at my case @PulsedMedia ?

edited February 2022

@sezing said:

@PcJamesy said:

@sezing said:

Astro plan

They don't have any speed test problems. I can get the same speeds with speedtest.

Also, every couple of days, I can't use my MEGA seedbox because I can't access it. Restarting not working etc.

Opening a ticket and getting a reply 1 day later with a default message like a kid who doesn't know how things work.

This is cheap I get it. But what is the point of getting a cheap seedbox if I am not able to use it? Why do I have to restart the server every day to use it?

At this moment, I still can't access my server. I am gonna try to restart it again. I hope this time I can access it.

Tickets do get resolved and much faster than "1day for an reply"; First response median is currently for this month 3hrs 56minutes and 34seconds. Closure time average (to last reply to ticket) 23hrs 11minutes 20seconds; Most of that time is waiting for customer reply, last reply being typically "Thanks works now". Most stuff is handled on the first response, meaning under 4hr resolution at this time.
    at the moment all servers are running except 1 SSD server which crashed as a crypto mining abuser was being terminated ... curiously.

From big places like OVH, Leaseweb you may not even be able to get sub 4hrs response time, and most definitively not without paying dearly for it. If i recall right Leaseweb used to charge something like 200€ per service for 6 hour response time guarantee. OVH charges similarly. You are currently getting that for free. People just like to "slightly round up" the waiting times, worst cases are like 5-6 hrs is 1day, 12hrs is 2 days, 20hrs is 3days and so forth... I'm not even kidding.

You have to describe the issue you are facing properly, otherwise no one can help you. Simply saying "down" or "error" is not a description. "Server looks to have crashed, getting timeout on SSH and HTTPS" is a description we can work on.

But that being said, many servers got a big amount of new users all of sudden, there will be fluctuations as things settle. Just because say rutorrent happens to load 20seconds instead of it's usual 5seconds does not mean the server is down neither. It's almost like servers don't have infinite performance, and you have to share the server with other users.

As said before, if you are unsatisfied with your current server; Ask for reprovisioning -- or just wait couple of days as the new users settle in. For V10G new servers are constantly coming in, today for example 2 or 3 will be added. So there's plenty of low/zero use servers keen on getting some new users! Tho typical new server is "slower" (heavy activity, so perceived) than a say 1+ year old server, nevermind 3+ year old server.

Thanked by 1caracal

Hi, Seedbox not working, thanks Joe

Here is an perfect example of how not to make a ticket.

Thanked by 1Pilotseye
  • sezingsezing Member, Host Rep

@PulsedMedia said:

@sezing said:

@PcJamesy said:

@sezing said:

Astro plan

Tickets do get resolved and much faster than "1day for an reply"; First response median is currently for this month 3hrs 56minutes and 34seconds. Closure time average (to last reply to ticket) 23hrs 11minutes 20seconds; Most of that time is waiting for customer reply, last reply being typically "Thanks works now". Most stuff is handled on the first response, meaning under 4hr resolution at this time.
    at the moment all servers are running except 1 SSD server which crashed as a crypto mining abuser was being terminated ... curiously.

From big places like OVH, Leaseweb you may not even be able to get sub 4hrs response time, and most definitively not without paying dearly for it. If i recall right Leaseweb used to charge something like 200€ per service for 6 hour response time guarantee. OVH charges similarly. You are currently getting that for free. People just like to "slightly round up" the waiting times, worst cases are like 5-6 hrs is 1day, 12hrs is 2 days, 20hrs is 3days and so forth... I'm not even kidding.

You have to describe the issue you are facing properly, otherwise no one can help you. Simply saying "down" or "error" is not a description. "Server looks to have crashed, getting timeout on SSH and HTTPS" is a description we can work on.

But that being said, many servers got a big amount of new users all of sudden, there will be fluctuations as things settle. Just because say rutorrent happens to load 20seconds instead of it's usual 5seconds does not mean the server is down neither. It's almost like servers don't have infinite performance, and you have to share the server with other users.

As said before, if you are unsatisfied with your current server; Ask for reprovisioning -- or just wait couple of days as the new users settle in. For V10G new servers are constantly coming in, today for example 2 or 3 will be added. So there's plenty of low/zero use servers keen on getting some new users! Tho typical new server is "slower" (heavy activity, so perceived) than a say 1+ year old server, nevermind 3+ year old server.

Thanks for the clarification. I know you guys working hard to fulfill customers' needs.

I asked reprovisioning. I hope to get a good one now. As I had previous ones.

• @sezing said:
    I asked reprovisioning. I hope to get a good one now. As I had previous ones.

I've once asked reprovisioning several days ago, but unfortunately, still on the same server, lol :p

• @PulsedMedia said:

Hello Joe, thanks for your detailed error description, we have changed the status from "not working" to "unuseable" - enjoy! :sunglasses:

edited February 2022

@Pilotseye said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Hello Joe, thanks for your detailed error description, we have changed the status from "not working" to "unuseable" - enjoy! :sunglasses:

🤣🤣

To best of my knowledge there is no reprovisioning tickets open, all handled.

Thanked by 2Pilotseye hotsnow
    edited February 2022

Some new server additions!

We have added ~600 users in a week, so that was a bit more and a bit faster than we expected indeed -- we had planned for big increase but thought we had a few weeks to bring rest of available resources online for this. Storage capacity wise it was not that much, but I/O resources wise yes for the initial burst of usage. In terms of capacity this is only ~1.4PiB

But we have now added capacity, so if you feel like the server you are on is a big laggard, just request reprovisioning.

These just got added:

• V10G: 3x12Drive RAID5 servers, Tomorrow 2x12Drive coming
    • V1000: 3x4drive servers

Planned for next week:

• V10G: 2+x12Drive
    • M10G: 2xRyzen 8drive

On-hold for as needed:

• V1000: 2x4Drive (online, putting them as MDS by Tuesday)
    • V10G: 25x 12Drive (Hardware existing and at DC, Drive shipment expected by end of the month)
    • SSD: 3x Ryzen MiniDedis w/ iGPUs

Other capacity pending:

• M10G: 1xRyzen waiting for RAM replacement
    • M10G: 2xRyzen if absolutely needed, needs replacing SSDs with HDDs and change of RACK.
    • V1000/M1000: 10x E5-2630v1, 30x Opteron 6262. Racked but waiting for drive shipment + TOR switch config. After that ought to take only 2 business days to bring all 40 online (Was planned for V10G but requires Dual CPU due to PCI-E slot arrangement of SC MBs, and that's too much power draw for just 4xHDD config on V10G tier, and we prefer Ryzen for M10G)

Before end of this 12th anniversary celebration there will be more super special(s), but might be the last week and the shape & size etc. is unknown yet, depends what we have free at that time. Hell, maybe we even do the @yoursunny special 1.2€/Month! :O :O However, we more expect them the follow up mega specials to trend towards big capacity.

Our hopes is to allocate at least 0.4PiB more by end of this celebration. That could happen by tomorrow :)

• @PulsedMedia said: Before end of this 12th anniversary celebration there will be more super special(s), but might be the last week and the shape & size etc. is unknown yet, depends what we have free at that time. Hell, maybe we even do the @yoursunny special 1.2€/Month! :O :O However, we more expect them the follow up mega specials to trend towards big capacity.

POST THE DEALS AND TAKE MY MONEY

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@afn said:

@PulsedMedia said: Before end of this 12th anniversary celebration there will be more super special(s), but might be the last week and the shape & size etc. is unknown yet, depends what we have free at that time. Hell, maybe we even do the @yoursunny special 1.2€/Month! :O :O However, we more expect them the follow up mega specials to trend towards big capacity.

POST THE DEALS AND TAKE MY MONEY

Push-ups required to unlock deals.
    12 push-ups per day, for 12 consecutive days.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • BHSBHS Member
    edited February 2022

#PULSEDMEDIA-12TH-ANNIVERSARY-CELEBRATION

@PulsedMedia said:

Hell, maybe we even do the @yoursunny special 1.2€/Month! :O :O However, we more expect them the follow up mega specials to trend towards big capacity.

Ah.., I miss 1212 party, I hope special 1.2€/Month

• @Astro said:
    @PulsedMedia take my money

I can take it too.

Thanked by 2VayVayKa Astro
  • @PulsedMedia no first month free for invoice #157400

• @kdh said:
    OK, I got 2 M10G Raffles and 2 RAID 5 V10 XSes. I'm satisfied :smiley:

Only one raffle box is allowed, I think. How did you get two?

• Why is it expected for new seedbox users to be hard on resources for the first few weeks only and then settle down?

I understand with a normal VPS the OS image gets written to disk in big blocks and then OS upgraded and updates installed, so that's some decent I/O. And then they upload data to their new server until it's mostly full and then typical usage is less.

For a seedbox user, not sure if you just add another login/user or if you write another VPS image per user, but that'll be some I/O (unless you preprovision servers so that heavy lifting is done before any customers get on). And then like VPS case, you upload a shit ton and that's a lot of I/O until filled. But in seedbox case, it should just switch to high read I/O instead of writing I/O if it's seedboxing TB's 24/7, so it won't really "settle down" from constantly reading small blocks from tons of files on slow spinners.

Thanked by 1jugganuts
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited February 2022

@Iroshan464 said:

@kdh said:
    OK, I got 2 M10G Raffles and 2 RAID 5 V10 XSes. I'm satisfied :smiley:

Only one raffle box is allowed, I think. How did you get two?

only one promo of first month free, but no limit if you don't use the promo :D

• @TimboJones said:
    Why is it expected for new seedbox users to be hard on resources for the first few weeks only and then settle down?

I understand with a normal VPS the OS image gets written to disk in big blocks and then OS upgraded and updates installed, so that's some decent I/O. And then they upload data to their new server until it's mostly full and then typical usage is less.

For a seedbox user, not sure if you just add another login/user or if you write another VPS image per user, but that'll be some I/O (unless you preprovision servers so that heavy lifting is done before any customers get on). And then like VPS case, you upload a shit ton and that's a lot of I/O until filled. But in seedbox case, it should just switch to high read I/O instead of writing I/O if it's seedboxing TB's 24/7, so it won't really "settle down" from constantly reading small blocks from tons of files on slow spinners.

Filling up the space.
    As for many private trackers using freeleech content to increase upload ratios. Once it is done, usage go down a lot.

@TimboJones said:
    Why is it expected for new seedbox users to be hard on resources for the first few weeks only and then settle down?

With 12 years of experience i can say that's just how it is. VPS is different too, not so comparable.

How that happens? Typically users want to fill their quota as fast as they want, fiddle with things, try new things etc.

For example when you download a torrent it has random write pattern, and when done, it needs to be read and checksummed in full.

Over time the writes are mostly gone, torrents get more peers, peers:leechers ratio changes etc etc etc.

Read to write ratio is like 98:2 after a few years. First months? More like 75:25.

• Whoever missed raffles so far, at this moment there are quite a lot of them available.

• Get those SSD 200G and V1000 500G while they are hot! :sunglasses:

• first month has been reduced to ~90% off due to abuse from a lot of fake accounts.