Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes! - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes!

Comments

• @sezing said:

@Astro said:
    One Astro plan back in stock! Go get it!

I got it.

Is price recurring, right?

Yup

• fyi.. qBittorrent v4.4.0 has some serious memory leak issues.. its advised to use 4.3.9 for the time being...

reference: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/16166

Thanked by 2Astro TimboJones
  • sezingsezing Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2022

@Astro said:

@sezing said:

@Astro said:
    One Astro plan back in stock! Go get it!

I got it.

Is price recurring, right?

Yup

I bought V10G L in the morning :( . I am gonna request a refund as a balance. So I can pay my upcoming invoices :)

• david_Wdavid_W Member
    edited February 2022

@PulsedMedia said:

@david_W said:

Any suggestions would be great.

MTR both directions on all conditions is the only way to know what's going on. Internet is big and complicated

My Online.net Dedi and Scaleway VPS also showing flapping rsync speed.

MTR is showing packet loss soon the traffic reached Sweden (AS12552), I guess that's out of PM's control then.

• DetruireDetruire Member
    edited February 2022

@jugganuts said:
    X5660 yesh...

Better than the quad-core "Six-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2419 EE @ 1.8GHz" for my "Value1000 M". :D

It's usually not a problem for anything I'm doing, unless someone's running a leecher program or really pushing a lot of encrypted traffic.

Architecture:        x86_64
    CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
    Byte Order:          Little Endian
    Address sizes:       48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    CPU(s):              4
    On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3
    Thread(s) per core:  1
    Core(s) per socket:  4
    Socket(s):           1
    NUMA node(s):        1
    Vendor ID:           AuthenticAMD
    CPU family:          16
    Model:               8
    Model name:          Six-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2419 EE
    Stepping:            0
    CPU MHz:             800.000
    CPU max MHz:         1800.0000
    CPU min MHz:         800.0000
    BogoMIPS:            3600.25
    Virtualization:      AMD-V
    L1d cache:           64K
    L1i cache:           64K
    L2 cache:            512K
    L3 cache:            6144K
    NUMA node0 CPU(s):   0-3
    Flags:               fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt hw_pstate vmmcall npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save pausefilter

• Now I can't access rutorrent WebUI.

lt5-1-54angel

504 Gateway Time-out

:'(

• @Detruire said: Better than the quad-core

I have that one on my fat32 deal, but its been very good and fast so far :)

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@david_W said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@david_W said:

Any suggestions would be great.

MTR both directions on all conditions is the only way to know what's going on. Internet is big and complicated

My Online.net Dedi and Scaleway VPS also showing flapping rsync speed.

MTR is showing packet loss soon the traffic reached Sweden (AS12552), I guess that's out of PM's control then.

Please send the MTRs to us so we can pass them to AS12552

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@kyroskoh said:
    TCP BBR ftw!~ benefits of BBR = long haul links (those who aren't from EU regions). Due to the fact that BBR ramps up to the optimal sending rate aggressively, causing your video stream to load even faster. Downfall for its tendency to consume all available bandwidth and pushing out other TCP streams that use say Cubic or different congestion algorithms. BBRv2 is supposed to resolve some of these challenges.

@yoursunny Are u using BBRv2?

No, am I missing out?

• @contactwajeeh said:
    fyi.. qBittorrent v4.4.0 has some serious memory leak issues.. its advised to use 4.3.9 for the time being...

cannot edit the original comment, but can change the binary download with

wget -qO ~/bin/qbittorrent-nox  https://github.com/userdocs/qbittorrent-nox-static/releases/download/release-4.3.9_v1.2.15/x86_64-qbittorrent-nox
    chmod 700 ~/bin/qbittorrent-nox

• @contactwajeeh said:
    fyi.. qBittorrent v4.4.0 has some serious memory leak issues.. its advised to use 4.3.9 for the time being...

It's a libtorrent v2 issue that affects Windows based on different OS handling.

https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/6667#issuecomment-1013935458

• linux is also affected?

@dgc1980 said:

@contactwajeeh said:

cannot edit the original comment, but can change the binary download with

wget -qO ~/bin/qbittorrent-nox  https://github.com/userdocs/qbittorrent-nox-static/releases/download/release-4.3.9_v1.2.15/x86_64-qbittorrent-nox
    chmod 700 ~/bin/qbittorrent-nox

• @lightforce said: linux is also affected?

I am mixed regarding the issue. it seems it is basically just for windows based, but some people comment regarding linux also, but that could be the kernel over committing the ram, you can just get the 4.3.9 I linked above and not worry about it

• afnafn Member
    edited February 2022

Happy 12th BD! will there be more astro added later?

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@afn said:

Would not be very limited if we keep adding to it :) So that would be no.

You can ask tho if someone is willing to let go of theirs.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@afn said:

Would not be very limited if we keep adding to it :) So that would be no.

You can ask tho if someone is willing to let go of theirs.

€200 and a Toruk paid for 6 months. @afn

Just kidding. You’ll have to snatch it out of my cold dead hands.

9x 12th Anniversary V10G XS coming available momentarily! GG!

Thanked by 2kdh hhkkbb
  • afnafn Member
    edited February 2022

@PulsedMedia said: Would not be very limited if we keep adding to it So that would be no.

Haha, makes sense. But there is limited as in "1 per week" and there is limited as in "1 per month" So I just asked to see if I should still refresh the page every couple of hours and check, or should I simply stop bothering lol.

@Astro said: Just kidding. You’ll have to snatch it out of my cold dead hands.

Chill, I won't need to go this far and get it out of your cold dead hands, also they will be so cold and unable to write the transfer request anyway. You can enjoy it :)

@afn said:

@PulsedMedia said: Would not be very limited if we keep adding to it So that would be no.

Haha, makes sense. But there is limited as in "1 per week" and there is limited as in "1 per month" So I just asked to see if I should still refresh the page every couple of hours and check, or should I simply stop bothering lol.

@Astro said: Just kidding. You’ll have to snatch it out of my cold dead hands.

Chill, I won't need to go this far and get it out of your cold dead hands, also they will be so cold and unable to write the transfer request anyway. You can enjoy it :)

These are absolute limit. a bit like collector's item.

Thanked by 1afn
  • What are the upload slots limits like for the V10G plans per user?

Is there a nginx file listing feature behind password (http basic-auth)? or just the filebrowser plugin inside rutorrent?
    The former would work well with HTTP download managers.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@vimalware said:
    Is there a nginx file listing feature behind password (http basic-auth)? or just the filebrowser plugin inside rutorrent?
    The former would work well with HTTP download managers.

I have the €18 450GB plan.
    The HTTP side setup is:

• shared nginx instance on port 443 doing TLS termination
    • per-account lighttpd on an unprivileged port serving files with HTTP Basic auth
    • nginx has reverse proxy for /user-name to lighttpd instance

Therefore, you can download via HTTP with curl or similar tools.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • 12th Anniversary V10G L
    32 000 GiB Traffic

where can I do speedtest? 32k gib trafffic is in+out I assume?

• How can I stop and keep stopped rtorrent? So it doesn’t use up any extra ram? I’ve setup qbittorrent to use instead.

I have V10G L which is really beast. Speed is amazing.

I bought Astro's MEGA and 1 day almost passed and couldn't use it. Because it doesnt work.

Staff said: the server has "tons of usage". I think it means I have to wait for other users to stop using it :#

@PulsedMedia

edited February 2022

@sezing said:
    I have V10G L which is really beast. Speed is amazing.

I bought Astro's MEGA and 1 day almost passed and couldn't use it. Because it doesnt work.

Staff said: the server has "tons of usage". I think it means I have to wait for other users to stop using it :#

@PulsedMedia

not infinite performance. You are sharing the server with other users. We won't jump over any chance to waste hours to migrate users manually.

If you want guaranteed and dedicated performance, you need dedicated server. We are still bound with laws of physics and cannot conjure up infinite performance :/

• @sezing said: I bought Astro's MEGA and 1 day almost passed and couldn't use it. Because it doesn't work.

Does not work is a bit vague. What is your problem? slow network? slow I/O? can't login?

If you don't want it feel free to transfer it to me :joy: I will happily pay you what you paid for it hahaha

• PilotseyePilotseye Member
    edited February 2022

@afn said:

@sezing said: I bought Astro's MEGA and 1 day almost passed and couldn't use it. Because it doesn't work.

Does not work is a bit vague. What is your problem? slow network? slow I/O? can't login?

If you don't want it feel free to transfer it to me :joy: I will happily pay you what you paid for it hahaha

LET Support: Welcome to LET Support, please submit a detailed error description.
    LET Customer: It does not work :lol:
    LET Support: Thank you, your bandwidth has been doubled :sunglasses:

@afn said:

@sezing said: I bought Astro's MEGA and 1 day almost passed and couldn't use it. Because it doesn't work.

Can’t open anything at all. SSH is also laggy.

Slow network and I/O.

Waiting other users to spare sources with me.

• @sezing said:

@afn said:

Slow network and I/O.

Paste YABS output. Minus the geekbench.

@Astro said:

@sezing said:

@afn said:

Slow network and I/O.

Paste YABS output. Minus the geekbench.

Tried YABS but it stuck. Waited 5+ mins and quit.