Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes!

Comments

• @PulsedMedia Why don't you have stripe?

Paypal is unfortunately no available for me.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@noaman said:
    @PulsedMedia Why don't you have stripe?

Paypal is unfortunately no available for me.

Not too many requests for it. Every payment gateway adds bureaucracy, and bureaucracy is super expensive in our country. Just paid this week ~2200€ on accounting firm invoices alone.

Maybe by end of year we add something new on the choices.

• Good luck!

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • ehabehab Member
    edited February 2022

@PulsedMedia

should we wait for a incoming surprise or go home?

@ehab said:
    @PulsedMedia

should we wait for a incoming surprise or go home?

no surprises for today. This promo is going to run for ~30days

Thanked by 2ehab emperor
  • Is there any trick/change to made ruTorrent load faster? If I haven't visited UI for few days it takes like 2 minutes to fire a ruTorrent (and I have like 20 torrents at all) :D

• Happy anniversary!

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • kyroskohkyroskoh Member
    edited February 2022

@PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said:
    @PulsedMedia Happy 12th Birthday!

Would you be able to provide 12 x 12th Anniversary V10G S for €12.12/yr recurring? :wink:

Dang i wish we could! Original plan WAS to play with 12 symbolism, but could not make it happen. REALLY REALLY wanted to make 12€/Month, 12TB Storage, 12TB Traffic one :/
    But alas, seedboxes people prefer more bandwidth.

Let's say if we get enough votes on this thread for that plan, i'll see if i can make atleast some available :)

Congrats on your 12th anniversary!

I just bought the "12th Anniversary V10G L" and can't wait to test the seedbox! Hit me up when it has 12TB offer as I don't mind it to be €12/month as I just paid €11.99/month.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@JabJab said:
    Is there any trick/change to made ruTorrent load faster? If I haven't visited UI for few days it takes like 2 minutes to fire a ruTorrent (and I have like 20 torrents at all) :D

Not really, it does a lot of checks etc. on load. Ironically, if it were running on iscsi on ancient atom motherboards it would be 10x faster as those checks would be all cached in RAM :)

I guess we could hack rutorrent to bypass those checks tho, but need to reapply the changes after every update etc.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@dgc1980 said:

@PulsedMedia said: EDIT 2: Above links fixed, sorry they were pointing to incorrect services initially
    V10G now also has RAID5 12 drive servers in the mix for a little bit of redundancy, not only RAID0 4drive servers.

what are the odds of getting a V10G on a RAID5 node?

~20-30%

Is there a way to check if the node I've ordered is with RAID5 HDD?

• @kyroskoh said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said:
    @PulsedMedia Happy 12th Birthday!

Would you be able to provide 12 x 12th Anniversary V10G S for €12.12/yr recurring? :wink:

Dang i wish we could! Original plan WAS to play with 12 symbolism, but could not make it happen. REALLY REALLY wanted to make 12€/Month, 12TB Storage, 12TB Traffic one :/
    But alas, seedboxes people prefer more bandwidth.

Let's say if we get enough votes on this thread for that plan, i'll see if i can make atleast some available :)

Congrats on your 12th anniversary!

I just bought the "12th Anniversary V10G L" and can't wait to test the seedbox! Hit me up when it has 12TB offer as I don't mind it to be €12/month as I just paid €11.99/month.

I would want that 12tb too, I prefer more storage than bandwidth.

• @kdh said: Is there a way to check if the node I've ordered is with RAID5 HDD?

mine were all RAID0 :'(

Thanked by 2kdh PulsedMedia
  • @dgc1980 said:

@kdh said: Is there a way to check if the node I've ordered is with RAID5 HDD?

Oh! I didn't know I had SSH access :blush:
    Thanks!

• @kdh said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@dgc1980 said:

@PulsedMedia said: EDIT 2: Above links fixed, sorry they were pointing to incorrect services initially
    V10G now also has RAID5 12 drive servers in the mix for a little bit of redundancy, not only RAID0 4drive servers.

what are the odds of getting a V10G on a RAID5 node?

~20-30%

Is there a way to check if the node I've ordered is with RAID5 HDD?

Not sure if this command works for you:

cat /proc/mdstat

Thanked by 2kdh PulsedMedia
  • @PulsedMedia said: Not really, it does a lot of checks etc. on load.

eh, time to dive into docs how to move downloaded files into different dir then. Wanted to avoid that as disk is probably the most used part, but no choice then.

All I need is to see if that thing 100% downloaded or not so I can get it.

• @dgc1980 said:

@kdh said: Is there a way to check if the node I've ordered is with RAID5 HDD?

RAID5 is only available to their M10G series.

I bought V10G series, so it's RAID0.

• @kyroskoh said: RAID5 is only available to their M10G series.

@PulsedMedia said: V10G now also has RAID5 12 drive servers in the mix for a little bit of redundancy, not only RAID0 4drive servers.

>

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
    edited February 2022

@JabJab said:

@PulsedMedia said: Not really, it does a lot of checks etc. on load.

eh, time to dive into docs how to move downloaded files into different dir then. Wanted to avoid that as disk is probably the most used part, but no choice then.

All I need is to see if that thing 100% downloaded or not so I can get it.

I wonder which plan of theirs, u ordered? perhaps mkdir in your /home/username such as mkdir ./newdir && mv ./data/filename.ext ./newdir? only dedicated seedbox with sudo/root access then you can move out of your own /home dir and creating a new disk mount or partition.

edited February 2022

@dgc1980 said:

@kyroskoh said: RAID5 is only available to their M10G series.

@PulsedMedia said: V10G now also has RAID5 12 drive servers in the mix for a little bit of redundancy, not only RAID0 4drive servers.

>

However in my node is RAID0 tho, while RAID10 is main's / (root) partition:

Personalities : [raid10] [raid0] [linear] [multipath] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
    md1 : active raid0 sdc4[2] sda4[0] sdb4[1] sdd4[3]
    70246326272 blocks super 1.2 2048k chunks

md0 : active raid10 sdc2[2] sda2[0] sdb2[1] sdd2[3]
    29278208 blocks super 1.2 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]

I just checked with lsblk, there's 4 disks of RAID0 for /home.
    Probably it is handled via the host server for RAID5 of 12-drive (the remaining 8-disk as backup/redundancy).

• Happy anniversary!

Managed to snag a "12th Anniversary SSD 200G Raffle" at 12:58 am UTC

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Wow! I actually got one of those "RAID 5" V10Gs :smile:
    Now I need to find some ways to utilize my seedbox :)

• Happy annivery @PulsedMedia

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @PulsedMedia said: 12th Anniversary V1000 500GB: 500GB(455GiB) RAID0 HDD Storage, 1GB Ram, 1Gbps bandwidth, 8 000GiB External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic, 35% Hourly Chance: 2.99€ Per Month FREE First Month

12th Anniversary M10G 1TB: 1TB (910GiB) RAID5 HDD Storage, 1GB Ram, 10Gbps bandwidth, 16 000GiB External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic, 27.5% Hourly Chance: 2.99€ Per Month FREE First Month

The Specials page said V1000 500GB is 4000 GiB Traffic, and M10G 1TB is 4000 GiB too....

And, what's the difference between M10G 1TB and V10G XS?

Anyway, Happy Aniversary!

• @RecD said: And, what's the difference between M10G 1TB and V10G XS?

M10G 1TB is guaranteed RAID5

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @PulsedMedia Happy 12th Birthday!
    I never knew such a useful service existed.(☆∀☆)

PULSEDMEDIA-12TH-ANNIVERSARY-CELEBRATION

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • M10G are better in speed and quality (raid5). https://pulsedmedia.com/m10g-seedbox.php

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
    edited February 2022

@RecD said:

@PulsedMedia said: 12th Anniversary V1000 500GB: 500GB(455GiB) RAID0 HDD Storage, 1GB Ram, 1Gbps bandwidth, 8 000GiB External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic, 35% Hourly Chance: 2.99€ Per Month FREE First Month

12th Anniversary M10G 1TB: 1TB (910GiB) RAID5 HDD Storage, 1GB Ram, 10Gbps bandwidth, 16 000GiB External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic, 27.5% Hourly Chance: 2.99€ Per Month FREE First Month

The Specials page said V1000 500GB is 4000 GiB Traffic, and M10G 1TB is 4000 GiB too....

And, what's the difference between M10G 1TB and V10G XS?

Anyway, Happy Aniversary!

M10G 1TB = RAID5 (guaranteed)
    V10G XS = RAID0

However now V10G series have RAID5 12-drive (~20 to 30% probability), https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177183/pulsed-media-12th-anniversary-celebration-free-seedboxes-and-special-anniversary-seedboxes/p1 (first post - EDIT 2)

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @dgc1980 said:

@RecD said: And, what's the difference between M10G 1TB and V10G XS?

Not sure why someone would need RAID setup for a seedbox though

• @Astro said:

@dgc1980 said:

@RecD said: And, what's the difference between M10G 1TB and V10G XS?

Not sure why someone would need RAID setup for a seedbox though

because avoid data loss and no backup myself

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia