Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media 12Th Anniversary Celebration ** FREE Seedboxes AND Special Anniversary Seedboxes!

Comments

• AstroAstro Member
    edited February 2022

@PulsedMedia I know automated app installs are on the roadmap but till then can we get some easy to follow to guides to run plex/emby/sonarr/radarr on the boxes? Literally the only thing missing right now.

https://old.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/comments/sqoory/app_install_scripts_or_guides_for_pulsedmedia/

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@Astro said:
    @PulsedMedia I know automated app installs are on the roadmap but till then can we get some easy to follow to guides to run plex/emby/sonarr/radarr on the boxes? Literally the only thing missing right now.

https://old.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/comments/sqoory/app_install_scripts_or_guides_for_pulsedmedia/

It's not much more just to do installer on the go then. Let's say installing & checking config for certain app takes 1 unit of time, documentation would take 3 units of time and continuing support for those who do not understand or don't bother to read documentation would take 1-3 units of time monthly. Over a year this would then consume on average 22 units of time.

Doing an installer and testing it would take 6 units of time from the initial install total 7 units of time, or there abouts. Of course there is some maintenance now and then, but if it's not made with Python it's very minimal, once a year or two. Sometimes things break, that would take about 0.5 units of time monthly. Total over a year would thus be 13 units of time.

Rough estimates.

Writing good documentation and coding takes about the same mental focus more or less. Both need uninterrupted time with no other tasks.

• AstroAstro Member
    edited February 2022

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

It's not much more just to do installer on the go then. Let's say installing & checking config for certain app takes 1 unit of time, documentation would take 3 units of time and continuing support for those who do not understand or don't bother to read documentation would take 1-3 units of time monthly. Over a year this would then consume on average 22 units of time.

Doing an installer and testing it would take 6 units of time from the initial install total 7 units of time, or there abouts. Of course there is some maintenance now and then, but if it's not made with Python it's very minimal, once a year or two. Sometimes things break, that would take about 0.5 units of time monthly. Total over a year would thus be 13 units of time.

Rough estimates.

Writing good documentation and coding takes about the same mental focus more or less. Both need uninterrupted time with no other tasks.

So are either one of those coming? You'd literally be stealing customers from ultra and whatabox.

I am trying to find ways to run those services and I can only find old entries like these https://blog.pulsedmedia.com/2015/03/setup-sonarr-nzbdrone-on-seedbox/ or extremely terse guides.

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

Rough estimates.

So are either one of those coming? You'd literally be stealing customers from ultra and whatabox.

I am trying to find ways to run those services and I can only find old entries like these https://blog.pulsedmedia.com/2015/03/setup-sonarr-nzbdrone-on-seedbox/ or extremely terse guides.

Plex no, but emby, jellyfin, sonarr, radarr, jackett updates + installers/configurators are in the realm of possibility in near future.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

Rough estimates.

Plex no, but emby, jellyfin, sonarr, radarr, jackett updates + installers/configurators are in the realm of possibility in near future.

Got any advice on how to run them till then? The reddit thread claims since its mono based only old versions are supported

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Astro said:

Rough estimates.

Got any advice on how to run them till then? The reddit thread claims since its mono based only old versions are supported

Have not tried any of the *arrs myself in 7 years so i have no idea of their requirements. But i bet one could install them within their own userspace regardless.

Here's manual install tar.gz for sonarr: https://services.sonarr.tv/v1/download/main/latest?version=3&os=linux

On other news, since its @yoursunny birthday too, and @FAT32 has been teasing us about 1212 symbolism and made that awesome banner on the sidebar happen i think there is about 67% chance that we will make something happen on the 12/02/2022 symbolism in say 4-5hrs.

• @PulsedMedia said: 12/02/2022 symbolism in say 4-5hrs.

20:22 yeaaa :D

Thanked by 1FAT32

Well i'll be damned, running Sonarr was dead easy, took me 15secs to get it running after creating test account!

wget "https://services.sonarr.tv/v1/download/main/latest?version=3&os=linux" -O sonarr.tar.gz
    tar -zxvf sonarr.tar.gz
    cd Sonarr/
    /usr/bin/mono Sonarr.exe

Details matter tho, that leaves it running on foreground and ctrl+c does not quit. So use nohup, screen, tmux or whatever, and remember to change ports etc.

Expect Radarr to be as easy, isn't it just Sonarr fork or something?

Now integrating that to UI properly and all the edge cases would take a while tho.

Does the *arr need to be fully open from internet accessible? Can they be just reverse proxied from 127.0.0.1 with http auth (or without?) -- i don't know, someone who actually uses them please help. Will be rewarded with ample credit

• @PulsedMedia Hi, is there a way I can change the username of my V10G seedbox without moving to another server? I really don't want to miss out RAID5 storage by changing my username :(

• @kdh said:
    @PulsedMedia Hi, is there a way I can change the username of my V10G seedbox without moving to another server? I really don't want to miss out RAID5 storage by changing my username :(

How can I figure out if I have RAID5?

@kdh said:
    @PulsedMedia Hi, is there a way I can change the username of my V10G seedbox without moving to another server? I really don't want to miss out RAID5 storage by changing my username :(

No requires reprovisioning.

@Astro said:

@kdh said:

cat /proc/mdstat

Thanked by 1kdh
  • ricannardoricannardo Member
    edited February 2022

@PulsedMedia said: Does the *arr need to be fully open from internet accessible? Can they be just reverse proxied from 127.0.0.1 with http auth (or without?)

Sonarr is officially supported reverse proxy per their Github wiki. Radarr is also supported per their own wiki.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@kdh said:

@Astro said:

@kdh said:

cat /proc/mdstat

Shows a mix of RAID10 and RAID0 - not sure what that means

@Astro said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@kdh said:

@Astro said:

@kdh said:

cat /proc/mdstat

Shows a mix of RAID10 and RAID0 - not sure what that means

OS / System on RAID10, data on RAID0

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@PulsedMedia said:
    Details matter tho, that leaves it running on foreground and ctrl+c does not quit. So use nohup, screen, tmux or whatever, and remember to change ports etc.

Can you enable systemd user instance so that all services (including lighttpd and rTorrent) can run as systemd units?
    It's more reliable and consistent than nohup, screen, tmux, or whatever.

• Let's take this thread to 12th page already let's go

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@yoursunny said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Can you enable systemd user instance so that all services (including lighttpd and rTorrent) can run as systemd units?
    It's more reliable and consistent than nohup, screen, tmux, or whatever.

That would require a lot of QA/retesting already functional things. but it is worth considering.

Lately been pondering moving to LXC setup as well. But all of that requires a lot of development time, testing and qualification.

We are now at the point that users can comfortably say that they did not even realize it's been problem free 5 years, quite literally. This is literally what a customer said to us yesterday on a ticket:

I've been with you for /years/ now. I've never has any lasting issue. Always had good support when needed.

You easily forget about things that just work. But, hey, here's my thanks to you.

Happy anniversary!

When things "just work" you don't change them, ever, without really pressing reasons to. Also there is a lot of gripe as well about systemd.

however running everything via systemd allows easy control via cgroups to stop abusers and strict resource limitations, that alone has made it worth to consider.

But LXC would take things couple steps further, with ability to offer everyone sudo :) Have not tested yet, but in theory it would be easyish if we do not fully leverage container nature. Need some kind of NAT setup to allow also easy and seamless live migrations from server to server.
    That's what we really want to do -- that would allow us to start selling container VPS as well with identical resource allocation methods etc. as the seedboxes are, everything automated, monitored etc.

albeit containers have the downside of being restricted by single kernel, and we've seen quite a few occasions where kernel is the performance limiting factor. easy load balancing could bypass some of that.

• Uhm..

@PulsedMedia said:

@kdh said:

• @kdh said:

Uhm..

@PulsedMedia said:

@kdh said:

That is two times the same information, why are you confused?

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @kdh said:

Uhm..

@PulsedMedia said:

@kdh said:

Not sure whats tripping. Both saying the same thing.

• Oops I’ve misunderstood it. Sorry about that :'(

@Astro said:

@kdh said:

Uhm..

@PulsedMedia said:

@kdh said:

Not sure whats tripping. Both saying the same thing.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • PilotseyePilotseye Member
    edited February 2022

@Astro I like your thinking...wait a moment, are we the same person? :lol:

Thanked by 1Astro
  • @stab said:

Try again. It worked for me on the second time.

• It worked, you have to do Paypal checkout, not subscribe.

Nice deals.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • It seems that the V10G XS has sold out again.
    Maybe there are a few "reservations", but anyway, it's a great party to celebrate the 12th anniversary!
    Yeah, I got one of those too :)

• ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited February 2022

Just got one "12th Anniversary V1000 500GB" B) :p

PULSEDMEDIA-12TH-ANNIVERSARY-CELEBRATION

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@tototo said:
    It seems that the V10G XS has sold out again.
    Maybe there are a few "reservations", but anyway, it's a great party to celebrate the 12th anniversary!
    Yeah, I got one of those too :)

just cleared the "reservations", 10 available.

Thanked by 2tototo ps20090
  • PilotseyePilotseye Member
    edited February 2022

Yeah, got the M10G - not first month for free, but used the credits I won, thanks again for that @PulsedMedia :sunglasses:

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • congrats @PulsedMedia still rolling the dice and waiting for the mega 12 plan

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia