Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage

Comments

• frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

@matheny said:
    Has anyone opened a ticket and got an answer about the service term?

I created a support ticket 5 hours ago and they haven’t replied yet.

Thanked by 1matheny
  • Complete sentence is

Serverius is entitled to reasonably change the Services to its own opinion. Serverius is not liable for any consequential damage from it. All adjustments with financial or service consequences for Client must be communicated by Serverius at least 1 month in advance before the Service change is into operation. If Client does not agree to the Service change, Client has the right to terminate his Agreement within 60 days of the Service change notification, starting from the date when the change was communicated by Serverius to Client.

And it is not reasonably to change a service without finish date for other with finish date

• Could you please show the screen how you set it up? Settings.

• @RedSox said:

Could you please show the screen how you set it up? Settings.

follow this steps:
    1. go to https://www.nsoftware.com/drive/s3drive/
    2. download choose free for personal use
    3. install it
    4. open and go to Drive - New
    5. Drive name (can be anything), access key and secret key can obtained from serverius site
    6. s3 setting - provider click on ... (three dots)
    7. Select New on Provider enter serverius (or any name you like)
    8. Enter end point format : %region%.storage.serverius.net
    9. on Region section below (after you select the new provider), enter region sdc1and sdc2 the end point will become sdc1.storage.serverius.net / sdc2.storage.serverius.net
    10. return to New drive setting, click on test S3 Connection after you select the bucket name
    11. after the setting finished, click on start, you will see new drive in File Explorer

Thanked by 2plumberg RedSox
  • jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited December 2021

"Free" but 12 euro setup costs?

• @jordynegen11 said:

Pricing and service capacity has changes.

1 TB with 1 Euro setup fee then 1 TB with 10 Euro setup fee. Now, 50 GB with 10 Euro setup fee. 😄

• SpeedTestSpeedTest Member
    edited December 2021

@fazar said:

@jordynegen11 said:

1 TB with 1 Euro setup fee then 1 TB with 10 Euro setup fee. Now, 50 GB with 10 Euro setup fee. 😄

they were definitely not ready to provide this service, in fact they have to pay us for testing once saved on staff testers :wink:

• @SpeedTest said:

@fazar said:

@jordynegen11 said:

they were definitely not ready to provide this service, in fact they have to pay us for testing once saved on staff testers :wink:

this promotion made them looks really bad LOL

• fazarfazar Member
    edited December 2021

@SpeedTest said:

indeed. LET members are good to do stress test, finding bugs, etc. 😄

cloud storage like eurostack is promising. I personally willing to pay for this kind of services to store scheduled backups. 50 - 100GB (yearly payment preferred) instead of paying storage VPS.

• So it's free 50Gb for a year - then either cancel or upgrade to paid plan, minimal is 354EUR monthly for 25TB?

• Any clarity on whats going to happen to us, the freehoarders?

• @Master_Bo said:
    So it's free 50Gb for a year - then either cancel or upgrade to paid plan, minimal is 354EUR monthly for 25TB?

They're supposedly changing to a pay for usage model. Wonder how much egress fees will be.

Thanked by 1Master_Bo
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited December 2021

Im not even worried about the terms of the service but more about being unable to remove the card from the account.

• @kkrajk said:
    Im not even worried about the terms of the service but more about being unable to remove the card from the account.

Brace yourself

• @kkrajk said:

Have you ask them?

• not yet..
    Probably will raise a ticket shortly (may be tomorrow. )

The earlier ticket I opened for the account being changed to 1 year free hasn't been replied yet.

• @kkrajk said:

@SpeedTest said:

@kkrajk said:

Have you ask them?

I opened a ticket and they removed it for me. I guess they are in Europe so they can't hold hostage our card info :lol:

• zappatazappata Member
    edited December 2021

Looks like every plan is going to change from storage size to volume usage. On Discord they say the following:

the new 2022 pricing will be determent this week. when it is known, I will post it on our website page: https://serverius.net/eurostack/ pricing per GB will be different per volume. So the more you will buy/use, the lower the price per GB. For example, some of our users are using more than 500TB, which will pay something round 0.006 euro per TB per month. If users are only using a few GB, it will be round 0.009 euro per GB per month.

• @frog said:

@matheny said:
    Has anyone opened a ticket and got an answer about the service term?

I created a support ticket 5 hours ago and they haven’t replied yet.

I opened a ticket 06/12/2021 (07:37) .
    Still no reply.

• @zappata said: going to change from storage size to volume usage

That would be a wise move. Maybe it'll stay competitive even if not free.

• frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

I got the following answer to my support ticket:

We've discussed this matter and decided to change the EuroStack pricing model and terms after a long discussion. We no longer offer a free for life time packages and switch to a pay per use concept with some terms and conditions attached to it.

The new terms for our Free Tier plan are:

50GB of S3 storage without block storage or filesystem access.
    Max. 1 package per client.
    After 12 months the client can cancel or convert it to a paid version.
    100 GB outgoing traffic per month.
    Requests are limited per month: 20000 GET Requests; 5,000 PUT, COPY, POST, or LIST Requests.
    Free tier users are automatically suspended till the beginning of the next month once they reach any of the limits.
    When the suspension occurs, the client has 2 options to regain access to their storage: switch to the paid plan, or wait till the beginning of the next month.

In your case, since you've paid the 1 EUR setup fee before we applied this change, you have 1TB of space which you can use (instead of 50GB). However, the remaining terms will apply to you in this case (outgoing traffic, requests etc.)
    For now, use it as it is for at least 12 months and whenever you feel like upgrading to a paid version or if you have further questions the paid version, just let me know and I will provide you with the information.

• Thanks, @frog. They gave no indication about the pricing of their "paid version" for small users?

• frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

@pbx said:
    Thanks, @frog. They gave no indication about the pricing of their "paid version" for small users?

No, but I expect the following offer will be better:
    https://www.ionos.de/office-loesungen/hidrive-cloud-speicher

Thanked by 1pbx
  • Meh.

• Ok, so we got the following conditions now and for 12 month, or did I missunderstand?

• 1TB of S3 storage without block storage or filesystem access.
    • Max. 1 package per client.
    • After 12 months the client can cancel or convert it to a paid version.
    • 100 GB outgoing traffic per month.
    • Requests are limited per month: 20000 GET Requests; 5,000 PUT, COPY, POST, or LIST Requests.

The only difference to the "new" free version is more space.. but time runs out in 12 month and 100GB outgoing traffic, well...

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Again, they changed the product name to "ES - EuroStack Free Tier". So it is forever or are they going to delete the account right away?

• @frog said:

@pbx said:
    Thanks, @frog. They gave no indication about the pricing of their "paid version" for small users?

No, but I expect the following offer will be better:
    https://www.ionos.de/office-loesungen/hidrive-cloud-speicher

Other option but same data center is Strato HiDrive, there you get 1TB for 12€ (first year) and you got more protocols to transfer data including an rclone daemon: https://www.strato.de/cloud-speicher/

Thanked by 2frog pbx
  • @Hotmarer said:
    Again, they changed the product name to "ES - EuroStack Free Tier". So it is forever or are they going to delete the account right away?

Support says:

• However, the remaining terms will apply to you in this case (outgoing traffic, requests etc.)
      and

• After 12 months the client can cancel or convert it to a paid version.
      and

• For now, use it as it is for at least 12 months

We know nothing :smile:

Thanked by 1ehab
  • we should call a contract expert @Clouvider and ask for his advice