Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage

Comments

• Oh boi, German company adding terms after selling product?
    Oh boooooooooi.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @marian said: it is free, they charged only for the setup

however, a contract was made with specific terms. it cant be changed later by one party without agreement of the other party. they would at least have to offer a refund of the setup fee. (of course only theoretical because no court will accept a lawsuit for 1 Eur)

• Has anybody cared to read their small-letter legalese? :p

Thanked by 1tux
  • @zappata said: The period of free use will be determent later on. New users can order 50GB via my.serverius.net

So maybe free 1TB will last for more than a year if they decide to keep it. Which they already decided against for new users (50GB for 10$ - scaleway is more interesting!).

I guess it'll depend if they see that it's heavily used (costs them more money) or mostly used for a few GBs/testing (doesn't necessarily cost more as the 50GB offering). But even in the second case, it seems unlikely that they let it run for free for several years. Would be great if they did, of course.

• The funny thing is: you can't even cancel existing products, it seems. Shady shady shady, scammy scammy scammy... :D

• Shady it is, but not necessarily scammy. They could be just messy...

Anyway, not very wise PR strategy as when you see this kind of move you don't feel like you can be confident to use them for collocation!

• According to the T&Cs:

The term of the Agreement shall commence on the date specified in the Agreement. Unless expressly agreed otherwise, the Agreement is entered for a period of at least one (1) year and will be automatically extended by one (1) year and either party may terminate the Agreement in writing with a notice period of two (2) months.

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • Good to know they'll cancel the contracts in Oct. 2022.

• Well, it seems that they got cold feet and rolled back the product text to ES - EuroStack Free Tier.

• @frog I assume that the "Westen Europe strict laws" will help us in this case

• Pay now but The terms will be added later...

Thanked by 1frog
  • Their branch manager over the last few days:

Thanked by 2frog vimalware
  • @farsighter said:

MS said:
    The package name has changed also for people who paid 1 Euro

No way they can't change package properties after payment - they're an honest decent company. The only package title that's relevant to us is the one indicated in their email message after billing. Any mention elsewhere is just for display purposes (we're too few for them to bother with title differentiation for us).

Actually, there is a legal name for this tactic, it's called 'bait and switch'

• I kinda find it funny at the amount of people in this thread who actually believed they were entitled to this being a lifetime deal xD. If it seems to good to be true it probably is regardless how much you try to sue people.

• zappatazappata Member
    edited December 2021

@frog said:
    Well, it seems that they got cold feet and rolled back the product text to ES - EuroStack Free Tier.

Yarp, but it was "ES - 1TB Free version" before.
    And now they describe what we will get after the year or perhaps tomorrow?

Free 50GB EuroStack S3 storage for one year. After 12 months you can cancel it, or convert it to a paid-per-use version: https://my.serverius.net/store/eurostack/

• @zappata said:

Free 50GB EuroStack S3 storage for one year. After 12 months you can cancel it, or convert it to a paid-per-use version: https://my.serverius.net/store/eurostack/

"After 12 months you can cancel it"... but in their T&C they ask you to cancel stuff after 10 months (i.e. 2-month notice) :D

Thanked by 1frog
  • On my account, the name was changed to "ES - EuroStack Free Tier" again.

• now it's more like a scam

• No reply for my support ticket yet.

Thanked by 1fazar
  • Severius's CEO:

• Q: How does a LowEndTalk thread titled "Serverius doing a bait and switch aka sales fraud on unsuspecting customers?" sounds like?
    A: Bad SEO.

• looks like a new cociu got unbanned thread.

• MS said:
    Q: How does a LowEndTalk thread titled "Serverius doing a bait and switch aka sales fraud on unsuspecting customers?" sounds like?
    A: Bad SEO.

Better than "Bad CEO" :*

• We have invoice without any finish date, so it is forever.

• frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

@holve said:
    We have invoice without any finish date, so it is forever.

Read the terms you agreed on:

All adjustments with financial or service consequences for Client must be communicated by Serverius at least 1 month in advance before the Service change is into operation. If Client does not agree to the Service change, Client has the right to terminate his Agreement within 60 days of the Service change notification, starting from the date when the change was communicated by Serverius to Client.

https://serverius.net/terms-and-conditions/

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @frog said:

All adjustments with financial or service consequences for Client must be communicated by Serverius at least 1 month in advance before the Service change is into operation. If Client does not agree to the Service change, Client has the right to terminate his Agreement within 60 days of the Service change notification, starting from the date when the change was communicated by Serverius to Client.

Did anyone here get any notification of a change?

• @Shot2 said:

@frog said:

Did anyone here get any notification of a change?

No, and they have changed it twice. :smiley:

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2021

Meanwhile, at AreYouServerious headquarters:

Thanked by 1frog
  • Has anyone opened a ticket and got an answer about the service term?

• @matheny said: Has anyone opened a ticket and got an answer about the service term?

Yes, someone opended ticket (it's like previous page, too lazy to click back, you seems too :D).
    No, there was no answer last time that guy posted.

Thanked by 1matheny