Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage

Comments

• I do not trust in a company that instead of recognize a mistake, change a contract.

Thanked by 3frog SpeedTest Hotmarer
  • @holve said: I do not trust in a company that instead of recognize a mistake, change a contract.

But they always had a clause in their contract that they can terminate it after one year (which is essentially what they are doing now).

Presumably, they could just host the storage for the first year behind a 56k dialup line...

• The BW and request limit pretty much killed usability for us. We dont use much storage, but have a lot of small files / BW usage.

• 1 TB with 100 GB transfer per month doesn't seem that useful... Imagine you are using the full 1 TB and they tell you they won't renew the storage 2 months in advance - you can't even transfer all your data out.

• @cmeerw said:

@holve said: I do not trust in a company that instead of recognize a mistake, change a contract.

But they always had a clause in their contract that they can terminate it after one year (which is essentially what they are doing now).

Not in this case because invoice has no finish date so point 20 apply

" Unless the Agreement is concluded for an indefinite period, termination of the Agreement is not possible ... "

They are breaking a contract.

Thanked by 2Hotmarer SpeedTest
  • @cmeerw said:
    1 TB with 100 GB transfer per month doesn't seem that useful... Imagine you are using the full 1 TB and they tell you they won't renew the storage 2 months in advance - you can't even transfer all your data out.

Yap, that's the problem. In case you come to the point where you need your files you would need 10 month to get them out.

Thanked by 1SpeedTest
  • @holve said: Not in this case because invoice has no finish date so point 20 apply

" Unless the Agreement is concluded for an indefinite period, termination of the Agreement is not possible ... "

Aehh... but the agreement is for an indefinite period, isn't it? So termination is possible.

• They are smart, basically scammed all LET. That's how you do it.

Thanked by 2pbx tridinebandim
  • pbxpbx Member
    edited December 2021

@Ouji said: scammed all LET

But only made 1eur/customer. They could have been smarter :wink:

Edit: adding bandwidth limit is very clever though, as it makes the 1TB totally not usable to its full capacity without shrinking it.

• frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

I paid the €1 + VAT with CC, and stripe invoices the seller a €15 dispute fee for each chargeback.

Thanked by 4pbx Ouji kkrajk default
  • nikozinnikozin Member
    edited December 2021

Nothing is free (:

100GB per month egress. Yikes. Better start downloading your data 'cause it will take 10 months to download a TB

Thanked by 1Master_Bo
  • What a great company. Adding shitty limitations after the plan was paid. Did they write the same stuff on discord?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • So far it looks like majority folks here are going to take all critical data, dump on 1tb EuroStack, delete all other backups and keep this as the whole for the life...

And then bitch on a public forum how their life is destroyed that the company has decided to change terms.

Keep up the LET spirit folks!

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2021

@Master_Bo said:
    So it's free 50Gb for a year - then either cancel or upgrade to paid plan, minimal is 354EUR monthly for 25TB?

Keep in mind that they'll happily charge your card if you go even only slightly above the aforementioned limits.

• pbxpbx Member
    edited December 2021

@Shot2 said: they'll happily charge your card if you go even only slightly above the aforementioned limits.

That would be a better scam: people register for the free meal, you then change the rules and they end up being charged for a huge plan they don't need and wouldn't have ordered, just because they tried to use their "free" TB.

• marianmarian Member
    edited December 2021

@Shot2 said: Keep in mind that they'll happily charge your card if you go even only slightly above the aforementioned limits.

As @frog states a few pages ago, the "Western European strict laws" will prevent them on doing that or change the product terms. Oh wait...

@marian said: Don't get excited and don't forget that is a free product - they can change the terms anytime.

Sorry for being right! :wink:

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2021

...+ their service is quite expensive for a S3-compatible service, lacks some functionality (no encryption support! really?!), and I get a bunch of "internal server error".

Thanks but no thanks, shady scammy shame-y :D They pulled a nice PR op, but I'm afraid I won't touch Servariola with a 10-ft-long toilet brush ever again.

edit: and their customer support is, hmmm, far from customer-friendly. No "bye", no "fuck off", no "sorry" to expect from them.

• @Shot2 said:

@Master_Bo said:
    So it's free 50Gb for a year - then either cancel or upgrade to paid plan, minimal is 354EUR monthly for 25TB?

Keep in mind that they'll happily charge your card if you go even only slightly above the aforementioned limits.

I saw that approach earlier. No way, sir, there are too many S3-compatible storage on the market, without these surprises.

• @xx00xx said:
    serverius seems to offer free 1TB EuroStack cloud storage. they only want a one time 10€ setup fee.

more infos about eurostack: https://serverius.net/eurostack/

• @frog said:
    I got the following answer to my support ticket:

We've discussed this matter and decided to change the EuroStack pricing model and terms after a long discussion. We no longer offer a free for life time packages and switch to a pay per use concept with some terms and conditions attached to it.

The new terms for our Free Tier plan are:

50GB of S3 storage without block storage or filesystem access.
    Max. 1 package per client.
    After 12 months the client can cancel or convert it to a paid version.
    100 GB outgoing traffic per month.
    Requests are limited per month: 20000 GET Requests; 5,000 PUT, COPY, POST, or LIST Requests.
    Free tier users are automatically suspended till the beginning of the next month once they reach any of the limits.
    When the suspension occurs, the client has 2 options to regain access to their storage: switch to the paid plan, or wait till the beginning of the next month.

In your case, since you've paid the 1 EUR setup fee before we applied this change, you have 1TB of space which you can use (instead of 50GB). However, the remaining terms will apply to you in this case (outgoing traffic, requests etc.)
    For now, use it as it is for at least 12 months and whenever you feel like upgrading to a paid version or if you have further questions the paid version, just let me know and I will provide you with the information.

• this is an interesting case for a class action lawsuit to teach these scammers to account

• They f*cked up big time - it happens. Put aside the legal aspects, the lack of clear communication around their back-pedaling is a bit unnerving.

Pop-corn time!

• Very happy that I used one time self destruct Revolut card for this, no stress o:)

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2021

@JabJab said:
    Very happy that I used one time self destruct Revolut card for this, no stress o:)

welcome to the 21st century, may be some of the other LET members will join us,
    instead of crying about a $1.00 credit card payment,
    coinbase, unbanked and netspend for me.

• @Shot2 said:
    They f*cked up big time - it happens. Put aside the legal aspects, the lack of clear communication around their back-pedaling is a bit unnerving.

Pop-corn time!

Yeah, everything was cool until people paid, then they were like "lol f*ck u".

• I opened a charge-back with bank. What I received is not what I ordered. Goodbye Serverius.

I advise everyone to do the same.

• @default said: I opened a charge-back with bank. What I received is not what I ordered. Goodbye Serverius.

What response did you get when you asked for a refund from serverius?

Thanked by 1default
  • @cmeerw said:

@default said: I opened a charge-back with bank. What I received is not what I ordered. Goodbye Serverius.

If he can chargeback why should he ask scammers?

• @cmeerw said:

@default said: I opened a charge-back with bank. What I received is not what I ordered. Goodbye Serverius.

Nothing. No response.

• @default said:
    I opened a charge-back with bank. What I received is not what I ordered. Goodbye Serverius.

I advise everyone to do the same.

The support says that only the name has changed