Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage

Comments

• zappatazappata Member
    edited December 2021

How could this all go so wrong :neutral:
    There are let's say 50 free tiers. they are gone, everything is fine, 50TB and people get to know the service and use it for their backups and never use it again or upgrade/recommend the service. Now: different.

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • Thanked by 1ehab
  • One Dollar Wars.. LOL

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited December 2021

7 dollars was the old LET, now, give the deal for 1 DOLLA or GTFO.

• @painfreepc said:
    One Dollar Wars.. LOL

I suppose that for (at least) a few people here, the burden of uncertainty and/or the attitude of the host are more annoying than the tragic loss of €1(+VAT). Not all cheapos are created equal. :*

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2021

Exactly. It's not about the €1 any longer. Now it's about the attitude of provider. Some public apologies for a misguidance would have sufficed. But no, they want to trick the customers and change the terms during an active service. This is now popcorn drama at it's best.

EDIT: And here I thought 2021 was going to end without any more dramas.

• LOL its so funny, so many paid $1 expecting 1tb lifetime with no limits :D

• fazarfazar Member
    edited December 2021

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    LOL its so funny, so many paid $1 expecting 1tb lifetime with no limits :D

yep. its unrealistic, but hey.. welcome to LET! we need more popcorn. 😄😄

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2021

@Ahfaiahkid said:
    LOL its so funny, so many paid $1 expecting 1tb lifetime with no limits :D

Serious companies who offer lifetime are rarely found, so people were not quite expecting lifetime for 1 euro. But changing terms so soon, then asking for information not to be made public, then closing accounts because conversations with information was made public... this became such a beautiful drama, so fast.

This whole misunderstanding could have easily be solved with some excuse, or with some marketing strategy to gain some easy advertising and online trust. Instead, they change terms.

Thanked by 4kkrajk pbx Ouji RedSox
  • A nicely worded email explaining how 1TB of space is unsustainable to provide the quality of service they intend to provide and that the service would be shrunk to 50GB after a year (the plan still being lifetime for all who bought before Dec 6) would have saved face & grace for @serverius and would've certainly brought in actual paying customers

• @fazar said:
    yep. its unrealistic, but hey.. welcome to LET! we need more popcorn. 😄😄

For many years it has been completely realistic. TransIP STACK for example was able to provide free 1TB cloud storage for 6 years (without even charging €1 or requiring a credit card on file). Some chinese companies offered it even before them. Not to mention Google Drive/OneDrive which are not officially free but can practically be obtained for free (or for pennies) under some sectors eligibility. These are few examples from memory.

Serverius isn't a well known company and still people here have given them their cards before even memorizing their name spelling, which is really not obvious. Those first pioneers deserve to be rewarded for their trust. I'm sure the company can easily host several dozen users on their DCs and will honor their original package.

Thanked by 2fazar pbx
  • Some forum?

May the idlers unite and DDoS them!

• @painfreepc said:
    One Dollar Wars.. LOL

Releeese the MJJ krakens

Thanked by 1idleparty
  • pbxpbx Member
    edited December 2021

@default said: some marketing strategy to gain some easy advertising and online trust. Instead, they change terms.

Exactly. This could have been the plan from the start. "we have some extra capacity, access to cheap storage and almost free bandwidth, let's make our new products & brand known by offering something very cheap that folks will speak about" - like several DCs did in the last years.

• @pbx said: folks will speak about

folks speaking alright... but in a different tone to what they would've liked

Thanked by 1pbx
  • I asked for my card to be removed and they did.

• Does anyone have any tutorial on how to chargeback in Revolut?

• @Hotmarer said:
    Does anyone have any tutorial on how to chargeback in Revolut?

Go to transactions (See all) > open the transaction > Report an issue (at the bottom)

• @kkrajk said:
    I asked for my card to be removed and they did.

Lucky you. I have asked them to terminate the agreement and delete my account and personal data.
    They have ignored that ticket for two days now.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @frog said:

@kkrajk said:

Lucky you. I have asked them to terminate the agreement and delete my account and personal data.

Try and take the GDPR way. Because, eh, why not.

Thanked by 1tux
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2021

@frog said: Lucky you. I have asked them to terminate the agreement and delete my account and personal data.

Just share content of your tickets and they will do it for you ASAP, just like guy few post above =)

Thanked by 3Shot2 Hotmarer kkrajk
  • @Shot2 said:

@frog said:

@kkrajk said:

Try and take the GDPR way. Because, eh, why not.

I already have two days ago.

If they keep ignoring the ticket I will make a chargeback and a GDPR complaint.

(https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/zelf-doen/gebruik-uw-privacyrechten/klacht-melden-bij-de-ap)

• cmeerwcmeerw Member
    edited December 2021

@frog said: I have asked them to terminate the agreement and delete my account and personal data. They have ignored that ticket for two days now.

Probably because you can't terminate the agreement now - read clause 20 of their T&Cs.

@frog said: GDPR complaint.

On what basis? Presumably they'll have to keep some data about their customers, so as long as the agreement hasn't been terminated, GDPR won't help you at all.

Meanwhile I'll get some more popcorn.

• frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

@cmeerw said:

@frog said: I have asked them to terminate the agreement and delete my account and personal data. They have ignored that ticket for two days now.

Probably because you can't terminate the agreement now - read clause 20 of their T&Cs.

I paid for 1 TB lifetime. They have changed the service several times without any notification.

This is what I have now a few days later:

The new terms for our Free Tier plan are:

50GB of S3 storage without block storage or filesystem access.
    Max. 1 package per client.
    After 12 months the client can cancel or convert it to a paid version.
    100 GB outgoing traffic per month.
    Requests are limited per month: 20000 GET Requests; 5,000 PUT, COPY, POST, or LIST Requests.
    Free tier users are automatically suspended till the beginning of the next month once they reach any of the limits.
    When the suspension occurs, the client has 2 options to regain access to their storage: switch to the paid plan, or wait till the beginning of the next month.

In your case, since you've paid the 1 EUR setup fee before we applied this change, you have 1TB of space which you can use (instead of 50GB). However, the remaining terms will apply to you in this case (outgoing traffic, requests etc.)

This is from their terms:

All adjustments with financial or service consequences for Client must be communicated by Serverius at least 1 month in advance before the Service change is into operation. If Client does not agree to the Service change, Client has the right to terminate his Agreement within 60 days of the Service change notification, starting from the date when the change was communicated by Serverius to Client.

This gives me the right to terminate the agreement.

@frog said: GDPR complaint.

On what basis? Presumably they'll have to keep some data about their customers, so as long as the agreement hasn't been terminated, GDPR won't help you at all.

They can legally keep accounting data for X years, but other information such as my credit card must be deleted on request.

Meanwhile I'll get some more popcorn.

You are welcome to, but my trust is gone, and I want to make sure they don't abuse my credit card.

Thanked by 1oriend
  • Did anyone get a closure/clarity from their support ?

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2021

Funny thing: if asking to close your account, they "can not"... until you delete all your data. Which if you had uploaded many files, will now cost you hundreds of dollars. (And take many weeks, due to their flawed backend being slow as hell - a transient issue according to their discord).
    Nice trick! :D

A cheaper solution is probably to copy-paste part of their reply to a ticket - to speedup the termination process by 2 or 3 orders of magnitude. :P

e.g. "Dear client, "

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • xetsysxetsys Member
    edited December 2021

F wont even delete my account. Told me to delete data, but I didn't have any. Only created the storage space/namespace. And when I click on delete, I get "Internal Server Error".

@Shot2 said:
    Funny thing: if asking to close your account, they "can not"... until you delete all your data. Which if you had uploaded many files, will now cost you hundreds of dollars. (And take many weeks, due to their flawed backend being slow as hell - a transient issue according to their discord).
    Nice trick! :D

A cheaper solution is probably to copy-paste part of their reply to a ticket - to speedup the termination process by 2 or 3 orders of magnitude. :P

e.g. "Dear client, "

What reply are you referring to?

• Any public disclosure of any of their reply to any support ticket is a grave violation warranting immediate termination of the customer account, as seen previously in this thread.

• They won't even reply my ticket since last week demanding a refund. I just issued a chargeback with my bank and got the money right away.

• Terrible host. I just saw someone wrote on their discord to clarify which answer is valid regarding the new terms and their application, and they said those are the same answer haha. What a joke.