Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

serverius.net free 1TB (1€ setup fee) EuroStack cloud storage

Comments

• @host4cheap said:

@kennsann said:
    Anyone know an alternative to eurostack at like $1/TB/month? I just realized I need something like this, but dont want to get disappointed after 1 year of using eurostack.

Hosthatch has or had some amazing storage deals

True, but would rather have an S3 bucket already setup and dont need to fuss about all other things involved with server management.

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited December 2021

MS said:
    The package name has changed also for people who paid 1 Euro

No way they can't change package properties after payment - they're an honest decent company. The only package title that's relevant to us is the one indicated in their email message after billing. Any mention elsewhere is just for display purposes (we're too few for them to bother with title differentiation for us).

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • @farsighter said:

MS said:

No way they can't change package properties after payment - they're an honest decent company. The only package title that's relevant to us is the one indicated in their email message after billing. Any mention elsewhere is just for display purposes (we're too few for them to bother with title differentiation for us).

Did someone tried o clarify this from their support ? 😬

• I sent a mail.
    Will see what they say.

• @farsighter said:

MS said:

I'd love to keep the 1 TB plan as a Free Forever plan :)

• @farsighter said: we're too few for them to bother with title differentiation for us

Not sure, if the title changes, it likely means that the specs of the product (i.e. renewal fee) become the same as the product with the "new" title.

• Don't get excited and don't forget that is a free product - they can change the terms anytime.

As usual: make your backups and carry on :smile:

• zappatazappata Member
    edited December 2021

During the year and especially on BF there are offers by IONOS/Strato for 1TB "HiDrive" for 1euro (first year). If it's not the time of a "special offer" it's only 6 euros for the first year, so that's quite similar to the price here, but it's not S3 - but you can use rclone. Go here (website is in german): https://www.ionos.de/vorteilsangebote

TBH it would be a bummer if they change the conditions afterwards (that's just no handshake quality) and wouldn't look good, but well - I think they wouldn't care.. Funny that they promoted the offer themselves in their discord channel.

Thanked by 1frog
  • Nice bait, time to request cancellation at term :D

Thanked by 1frog
  • @marian said:
    Don't get excited and don't forget that is a free product - they can change the terms anytime.

Yes, but after three days without any notification first isn't okay.

• What's price showing up for renewal though after 1 year?

• Stock is available at the moment. New price though.

• zappatazappata Member
    edited December 2021

@plumberg said:
    What's price showing up for renewal though after 1 year?

There is no renewal price in the user management.

The 10€ setup fee and one year package is can be ordered again.. But well, IONOS is 6€/year (not n object storage and I hate non-recurring things..)

Description was changed as well from:

Ideal for people with personal or hobby projects that are not business-critical.
    to
    Ideal to test EuroStack, or just to use EuroStack for one year for free. Easy to upgrade your plan when you need more space.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited December 2021

• @marian said:
    Don't get excited and don't forget that is a free product - they can change the terms anytime.

It's not free, they charged your CC, it doesn't matter it's $1.20 or $120

and I doubt that European laws allow to change the terms of the agreement unilaterally after its conclusion

• LET effects, we cannot have good things all the time

• @SpeedTest said: It's not free

it is free, they charged only for the setup

• @marian said:

@SpeedTest said: It's not free

it is free, they charged only for the setup

If you paid it's not free in general

Thanked by 2dragon1993 frog
  • @SpeedTest said: If you paid it's not free in general

Yes, you paid for the setup which does not guarantee you anything about the product which is free in this case. You need to make the difference between the setup fee and the product fee.

• frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

@marian said:

@SpeedTest said: If you paid it's not free in general

Yes, you paid for the setup which does not guarantee you anything about the product which is free in this case. You need to make the difference between the setup fee and the product fee.

Overcomplicating things to make more money is typical eastern European thinking.

In western European countries, we call a spade a spade.

And in some western European countries, the marketing laws are very strict. It is not legal to advertise something as free if the customer has to pay fees or give his acceptance to receive newsletters.

• Another example: The product has not been advertise that it will be available only for the first year. Today, I can see that the name of the product has been changed to "EuroStack Free for a year version".

So the terms have been changed, right? Let's sue them...

• edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited December 2021

@marian said:
    Another example: The product has not been advertise that it will be available only for the first year. Today, I can see that the name of the product has been changed to "EuroStack Free for a year version".

No, only the name changed. See my screenshot above. There is no next due date so there's no need to renew.

Thanked by 1marian
  • @marian said: As usual: make your backups and carry on

Anyway, I'm not taking part of any side, it was just a heads-up so you don't cry later.

• @edoarudo5 said:

@marian said:
    Another example: The product has not been advertise that it will be available only for the first year. Today, I can see that the name of the product has been changed to "EuroStack Free for a year version".

No, only the name changed. See my screenshot above. There is no next due date so there's no need to renew.

Have they confirmed to you that they don't cancel the service after one year?

• Chargeback

• @frog said:

@edoarudo5 said:

@marian said:

No, but I trust that they would honor the previous deal. I don't want to waste my time asking them as I am swimming in storage so I could care less if it does expire in a year. It's a great deal even if it expires in a year. 1 euro for 1 TB bucket for a year is great.

• Sue them!!!!

• frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

@edoarudo5 said:

@frog said:

@edoarudo5 said:

@marian said:

No, but I trust that they would honor the previous deal. I don't want to waste my time asking them as I am swimming in storage so I could care less if it does expire in a year. It's a great deal even if it expires in a year. 1 euro for 1 TB bucket for a year is great.

It is a great deal, but I need to know what happens when the year has gone.
    And what if I buy other services. Will they break their terms again and change them too without any notification.

Their terms:

All adjustments with financial or service consequences for Client must be communicated by Serverius at least 1 month in advance before the Service change is into operation. If Client does not agree to the Service change, Client has the right to terminate his Agreement within 60 days of the Service change notification, starting from the date when the change was communicated by Serverius to Client.

• On Discord a responsible said this:

Hi guys. We are quite busy with transfering EuroStack S3 to the new pay per use way of using (billed afterwards) and the related free tier. Du miscommunication about the terms all current users will be able to use 1TB free volume. The period of free use will be determent later on. New users can order 50GB via my.serverius.net The terms will be added later this week. So please wait a bit.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited December 2021

@zappata said: miscommunication

So, it's miscommunication now? OK.