Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US) - Page 30
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

Comments

• @verydima said:

@pbx said:

@verydima said: Has anybody got VPS or this is a scam?

There's a third option: @hosthatch is late but this isn't a scam, and folks will have their VPS at some point in the future.

I don't know. Maybe "folks" - just multi-account and bots. They start to deploy on 15/12 I bought 2 VPS in 2 different locations. Nothing. And in this topic, nobody says about got VPS.

First time? This is how HH and LE world work...

• Nah, 2/3 of his comments are him mad at Hosthatch.

Thanked by 3Falzo bdl bulbasaur
  • SelykgSelykg Member
    edited December 2021

@verydima said:

@pbx said:

There's a third option: @hosthatch is late but this isn't a scam, and folks will have their VPS at some point in the future.

I don't know. Maybe "folks" - just multi-account and bots. They start to deploy on 15/12 I bought 2 VPS in 2 different locations. Nothing. And in this topic, nobody says about got VPS.

You misread, or misunderstood. Their delivery date was advertised as ~12/15

The ~ matters, it's short for "approximately"

This could mean it may have come early, or it could mean it comes later. They did not say it would be ON the 15th, just around it. Patience dude.

From the first page, at the top of the thread:

~15 December delivery: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York
    ~30 December delivery: Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, London, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich, Oslo, Milan, Madrid

So their plan is approximately the 15th for those listed and approximately the 30th for the others.

They also said in a previous message a couple days ago that they were looking to start provisioning people's plans, but it would be slow. So, crossing my fingers we see invites to the stuff in the next few days.

• @Selykg said:

@verydima said:

@pbx said:

You misread, or misunderstood. Their delivery date was advertised as ~12/15

The ~ matters, it's short for "approximately"

This could mean it may have come early, or it could mean it comes later. They did not say it would be ON the 15th, just around it. Patience dude.

From the first page, at the top of the thread:

~15 December delivery: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York
    ~30 December delivery: Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, London, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich, Oslo, Milan, Madrid

So their plan is approximately the 15th for those listed and approximately the 30th for the others.

They also said in a previous message a couple days ago that they were looking to start provisioning people's plans, but it would be slow. So, crossing my fingers we see invites to the stuff in the next few days.

I will wait till 18/12/2021.
    19/12/2021 at 00.01 I will ask PayPal what they think to mean this symbol "~".

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@verydima said:
    I will wait till 18/12/2021.
    19/12/2021 at 00.01 I will ask PayPal what they think to mean this symbol "~".

Good luck.

• @skorous said:
    Nah, 2/3 of his comments are him mad at Hosthatch.

Yes. I am not HH-fanboy. Read my comments. I don't know where you see mad.

I think its not too hard login 15.12.2021 and write something like: "We start deploy vps today and finish in 5 days". Or what problem? I bought 2 maximum VPS. How many these VPS per server?

• @verydima said:

@skorous said:

I think its not too hard login 15.12.2021 and write something like: "We start deploy vps today and finish in 5 days". Or what problem? I bought 2 maximum VPS. How many these VPS per server?

Don't get me wrong, I would appreciate them giving a bit more of a status update as well. I think a company's communication really tells a lot about them and the general quietness of things from HostHatch doesn't make me think "yea, this is the best customer centric company I've ever worked with."

But I think their original delivery date estimates are still within the current window. Now, if it becomes the 30th for the 15th locations and they haven't provided a better idea of what is going on then that'll certainly make me a bit more cranky.

I think you're just being a bit unreasonable though.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @verydima said: Yes. I am not HH-fanboy. Read my comments.

I have. I think Hosthatch would do well to refund you now and refuse you further service.

• @skorous said:

@verydima said: Yes. I am not HH-fanboy. Read my comments.

I have. I think Hosthatch would do well to refund you now and refuse you further service.

me too, please

• @skorous said:

Check all this thread :) Some moderator wrote these words. Or maybe it was your main account? I answer "Ok" and created the ticket at hosthatch about canceling and doing moneyback. What do you think - are they answer? No. I closed the ticket last week and decide to wait until the delivery date (15.12.2021).

• @Selykg said:

@verydima said:

@skorous said:

Don't get me wrong, I would appreciate them giving a bit more of a status update as well. I think a company's communication really tells a lot about them and the general quietness of things from HostHatch doesn't make me think "yea, this is the best customer centric company I've ever worked with."

But I think their original delivery date estimates are still within the current window. Now, if it becomes the 30th for the 15th locations and they haven't provided a better idea of what is going on then that'll certainly make me a bit more cranky.

Did you see at the start topic "the current window" like "we deliver your orders from 15.12.2021 till 30.12.2021"? I see just "~".

• @verydima said:

@skorous said:

Check all this thread :) Some moderator wrote these words. Or maybe it was your main account? I answer "Ok" and created the ticket at hosthatch about canceling and doing moneyback. What do you think - are they answer? No. I closed the ticket last week and decide to wait until the delivery date (15.12.2021).

Hosthatch usually doesn't prioritize ticket numbers being posted here but I suppose if you post it here saying you want a refund, it would make them do an expection and refund you very soon.

@verydima said:

@Selykg said:

@verydima said:

@skorous said:

Did you see at the start topic "the current window" like "we deliver your orders from 15.12.2021 till 30.12.2021"? I see just "~".

Did you also see this?

@hosthatch said: We will start provisioning servers (slowly) today.

And this?

@hosthatch said: It's a new system, so we want to provision in small batches and get customer feedback at the same time.

• @webcraft said:

@verydima said:

@skorous said:

Hosthatch usually doesn't prioritize ticket numbers being posted here but I suppose if you post it here saying you want a refund, it would make them do an expection and refund you very soon.

Just repeat my early answer:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @verydima You are the reason providers don’t want to do specials. Please post your invoice numbers so @hosthatch can kindly refund them and add you to fraud record so you won’t pull this crap in the future! Personally I would ban you for idiotic behavior but it is the holidays.

No problem. Invoice numbers:
    https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/scrtgaa/ShareX/2021/11/chrome_XFGkEJvqCM.png

I don't understand where is fraud :))) I asked about providing me with what I buy and all. But ok )

• Wtf you bitching about now?

• SelykgSelykg Member
    edited December 2021

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Wtf you bitching about now?

He's unhappy he doesn't understand how to read the original post that started the thread, which indicated delivery would be around the 15th, not the 15th specifically. He would now like a refund because his reading comprehension is awful.

Oh and reading comprehension makes this tricky too:

All orders are final and cannot be changed or refunded. We have limited capacity available. Please only buy if you are absolutely sure that you would like to use the server.

• Haha I really hope that he loses his dispute or whatever. The sense of entitlement is strong in this one.

• @verydima said:

@webcraft said:

@verydima said:

@skorous said:

Just repeat my early answer:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @verydima You are the reason providers don’t want to do specials. Please post your invoice numbers so @hosthatch can kindly refund them and add you to fraud record so you won’t pull this crap in the future! Personally I would ban you for idiotic behavior but it is the holidays.

No problem. Invoice numbers:
    https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/scrtgaa/ShareX/2021/11/chrome_XFGkEJvqCM.png

I don't understand where is fraud :))) I asked about providing me with what I buy and all. But ok )

Fraud Record is a system to track abusive and shitty customers to avoid. You fall into that category if you read there is explicitly no refunds and conditions of delivery and yet talk about chargebacks and refunds. Basically, stick to buying servers from websites directly and forget special sales from now on.

• @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Haha I really hope that he loses his dispute or whatever. The sense of entitlement is strong in this one.

))))) Thanks. After your message, I think no reason to wait 2 more days. Let's check what Hosthatch answers at PayPal.

@verydima said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Haha I really hope that he loses his dispute or whatever. The sense of entitlement is strong in this one.

))))) Thanks. After your message, I think no reason to wait 2 more days. Let's check what Hosthatch answers at PayPal.

Good luck, again.

• @verydima said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

they probably simply click the refund button and be happy to get rid of you. do yourself a favour and never buy anything again from them...

• cynixcynix Member
    edited December 2021

Looking forward to the deal being restocked after verydima cancels their orders :lol:

Thanked by 2bdl vimalware
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2021

@verydima said:
    Has anybody got VPS or this is a scam?

HostHatch are a top provider on this forum and they've been around since 2013. Not a scam. Every VPS I've ordered from them has been delivered exactly as specified, albeit a bit late sometimes.

• nyamenknyamenk Member
    edited December 2021

Be patient, this song is for you guys :)

• Reading both sides comments with my popcorn lol

It will be a fair thing to do if Hosthatch starts the billing date after delivering the product.

• @GreenPeace said: It will be a fair thing to do if Hosthatch starts the billing date after delivering the product.

This is what they normally do :)

However if someone here does NOT get theirs date adjusted [happens from time to time according to previous posts] - just open a ticket and they will fix it.

• @GreenPeace said: It will be a fair thing to do if Hosthatch starts the billing date after delivering the product.

>
    I think that's what they're doing, as my BF20 server is due 9/12, i asked them to extend 1 week to wait for the new server, but they only accept the minimum 1 month for 10$, so i renewed it :D
    as they apparently need more time i guess!

• First-time customer of HostHatch. Waiting for ~30th Dec @hosthatch

• guys, keep calm, you will all get your servers sooner or later. you will no longer find such a server for $27/year B)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     OS           : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : KVM / 4.19.0-18-amd64
     CPU Model    : AMD EPYC 7502 32-Core Processor
     CPU Cores    : 2 @ 2495.312 MHz x86_64 512 KB Cache
     CPU Flags    : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Disabled
     Load Average : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
     Total Space  : 39G (9.0G ~25% used)
     Total RAM    : 7978 MB (957 MB + 3648 MB Buff in use)
     Total SWAP   : 1023 MB (0 MB in use)
     Uptime       : 33 days 20:54
     ASN & ISP    : AS63473, HostHatch
     Organization : HostHatch LLC
     Location     : Chicago, United States / US
     Region       : Illinois

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 4104  (VERY GOOD)
       Multi Core : 7015

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
        bzip2     : 104 MB/s
       sha256     : 166 MB/s
       md5sum     : 476 MB/s

RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 2764.8 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 8430.9 MB/s

Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 45.1 MB/s
       2nd run    : 43.6 MB/s
       3rd run    : 52.0 MB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 46.9 MB/s

## USA Speedtest.net

Location                        Upload           Download         Ping   
     Nearby                          187.71 Mbit/s    1390.67 Mbit/s   8.219 ms
     USA, New York (Optimum)         166.11 Mbit/s    438.42 Mbit/s    19.751 ms
     USA, Boston (Starry, Inc.)      147.88 Mbit/s    725.14 Mbit/s    21.261 ms
     USA, Washington, DC (Sprint)    161.20 Mbit/s    550.85 Mbit/s    17.113 ms
     USA, Charlotte, NC (Windstream) 203.36 Mbit/s    1005.39 Mbit/s   18.826 ms
     USA, Miami (Sprint)             108.55 Mbit/s    312.91 Mbit/s    29.035 ms
     USA, Nashville (Sprint)         125.58 Mbit/s    653.78 Mbit/s    14.102 ms
     USA, Cleveland (CenturyLink)    367.26 Mbit/s    890.79 Mbit/s     9.956 ms
     USA, Chicago (Windstream)       1362.41 Mbit/s   537.19 Mbit/s     0.722 ms
     USA, St. Louis (Elite Fiber)    369.57 Mbit/s    544.75 Mbit/s     7.145 ms
     USA, Minneapolis (US Internet)  421.70 Mbit/s    2091.57 Mbit/s    8.253 ms
     USA, Kansas City (UPNfiber)     165.95 Mbit/s    1679.14 Mbit/s   13.008 ms
     USA, Oklahoma City (OneNet)     117.36 Mbit/s    752.19 Mbit/s    28.673 ms
     USA, Dallas (Windstream)        119.92 Mbit/s    894.09 Mbit/s    21.870 ms
     USA, San Antonio, TX (Sprint)   144.78 Mbit/s    721.36 Mbit/s    20.925 ms
     USA, Albuquerque (Plateau Tel)  63.90 Mbit/s     353.09 Mbit/s    42.670 ms
     USA, Phoenix (Cox)              66.58 Mbit/s     472.36 Mbit/s    56.581 ms
     USA, Salt Lake City (UTOPIA)    110.98 Mbit/s    607.49 Mbit/s    33.570 ms
     USA, Helena, MT (The Fusion)    136.02 Mbit/s    683.97 Mbit/s    29.511 ms
     USA, Las Vegas (Cox)            29.80 Mbit/s     335.98 Mbit/s    55.743 ms
     USA, Seattle (Bluespan)         89.61 Mbit/s     232.23 Mbit/s    51.124 ms
     USA, San Francisco (Wiline)     69.84 Mbit/s     199.08 Mbit/s    51.382 ms
     USA, Los Angeles (Windstream)   97.90 Mbit/s     492.25 Mbit/s    42.323 ms
     USA, Anchorage (Alaska Com)     38.96 Mbit/s     141.82 Mbit/s    73.843 ms
     USA, Honolulu (Hawaiian Telcom) 16.97 Mbit/s     511.58 Mbit/s    92.343 ms

Finished in : 15 min 51 sec
     Timestamp   : 2021-12-19 05:32:51 GMT
     Saved in    : /root/speedtest.log

Share results:
     - https://www.speedtest.net/result/12488198078.png
     - https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16443007
     - https://clbin.com/nC2UM

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@SpeedTest said: guys, keep calm, you will all get your servers sooner or later. you will no longer find such a server for $27/year

The disk IO seems strange but otherwise looks great. Please feel free to ticket in so we can take a look at that. I assume this is from BF2020 since we do not use Zen2 for new VMs this year.

Glad to see you're happy :)

This discussion has been closed.