Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US) - Page 33
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

Comments

• I would like to know when the storage server (Stockholm) will be available this year

• Maybe hosthatch don't like impatient customers, so they test us in this way :D

• @zongyouxiao said:
    Maybe hosthatch don't like impatient customers, so they test us in this way :D

Should we treat them the same way?

HH: You have to paid November 30th
    Me: Okay, I'll pay it Nov 30th
    Me: Lost for a week
    HH: Where's the money?
    Me: I started sending it slowly
    Me: Lost for a few weeks
    HH: It's December 21th, where's the money?
    Me: ...
    HH are you testing me for impatience?
    Me: ...

To be honest, I think that the owner is simply unpunctual
    I remember that bf 2020 when he always delayed flash sales

• BroscienceBroscience Member
    edited December 2021

If he showed up here and strictly said GUYS THERE IS A DELAY PLEASE WAIT till ..202. Or initially announced the date not December 15, but 25-30, that would be better

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Broscience said:
    If he showed up here and strictly said GUYS THERE IS A DELAY PLEASE WAIT till ..202. Or initially announced the date not December 15, but 25-30, that would be better

Well he did mention that they have started provisioning servers since the 16th, albeit rather slowly, some have already been deployed since then.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • nobizzlenobizzle Member
    edited December 2021

WTF is wrong with you guys. People posting they already had the same situation last year and still ordered new servers this years BF. People can read topics about support not being the fastest at HH like every few weeks in different threads on LET. So why the hell are you still buying it, if you can't wait. I don't get it.. really you guys are just strange. We've seen a few yabs already which really look great. I'm having four servers with them for years now and it will be eight when all are deployed. If you want your servers to be deployed instantly, why not just got to RackNerd #SERVERS-INSTANTLY-DEPLOYED..

Thanked by 2ariq01 webcraft
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@nobizzle said:
    WTF is wrong with you guys. People posting they already had the same situation last year and still ordered new servers this years BF. People can read topics about support not being the fastest at HH like every few weeks in different threads on LET. So why the hell are you still buying it, if you can't wait. I don't get it.. really you guys are just strange. We've seen a few yabs already which really look great. I'm having four servers with them for years now and it will be eight when all are deployed. If you want your servers to be deployed instantly, why not just got to RackNerd #SERVERS-INSTANTLY-DEPLOYED..

We're in this LowEndWorld where even freeloaders complain, let alone paying customers.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @nobizzle said:
    WTF is wrong with you guys. People posting they already had the same situation last year and still ordered new servers this years BF.

Different people I believe, each year a new PMS generation joins LET, buys something, whines for a while, and then graduates. Welcome to LowEndKindergarten!

• @Mrali said:

@xetsys said:

@Mrali said:
    @hosthatch

If you don't deal with my problems, I won't renew it.
    Please refund me the money you spent yesterday,TKS. #706857
    I have used your service more than 6 years ,but now I am very disappointed.

Can you all share the details/specs of HH VPS you have problems with, some of us may be interested in transfer ;)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3340076/#Comment_3340076

Which location ??

• @add_iT said:

@Mrali said:

@xetsys said:

@Mrali said:
    @hosthatch

If you don't deal with my problems, I won't renew it.
    Please refund me the money you spent yesterday,TKS. #706857
    I have used your service more than 6 years ,but now I am very disappointed.

Can you all share the details/specs of HH VPS you have problems with, some of us may be interested in transfer ;)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3340076/#Comment_3340076

Which location ??

1 TB in Hong Kong

• Great offer

• @nobizzle said:

a. Not everyone here bought from them last year.

b. Is it the impatient customers' fault that their server delivered late?

c. If the ETA is pushed back, isn't it normal that hosthatch keep the buyers posted by announcing the new ETA, instead of a vague update that they're doing it now but very slowly. Hosthtach and fanboys will be free from posts here asking for their server's delivery date then.

d. Your experience with hosthatch is good, which can be seen from your signature as well. That's great. Can it justify the late delivery though?

I'm kinda new here and wondering if hosthatch has always been like this: putting off delivery date. If so, they should probably add something like 'we seldom delivery on time so buyers gotta be patient'.

It's not my APAC server's delivery date yet but I seriously hope the same thing (a week long overdue delivery) doesn't happen on me as well.

Thanked by 1capric98
  • @foitin said: If so, they should probably add something like 'we seldom delivery on time so buyers gotta be patient'.

Why bother? Very few people here can actually be bothered to read.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @skorous said:

@foitin said: If so, they should probably add something like 'we seldom delivery on time so buyers gotta be patient'.

Why bother? Very few people here can actually be bothered to read.

But they did read ~15 December delivery and ~30 December delivery.
    Adding a caveat won't hurt.

• I consider the 21st to be "around" the 15th so I'm designating that as not being read.
    HH posted something about how they're 'starting now and deploying things slowly so we can make sure we don't have problems' and people were freaking out "Why haven't they started yet?!?". Clients are posting that they have received their servers yet people are jumping up and down saying this is obviously a scam. Explain to me again how people can read?

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hi guys,

Sorry for the silence in the past few days. We've been dealing with a lot as you can imagine.

One of our shipments with hard drives that was supposed to get to EU on 8th December was delayed, and then returned to us in Tampa today because the shipping company wanted another "5 working days" to deliver it, after missing that for the first 2 tries,
    hence the delay with Storage VM deliveries in Stockholm and Amsterdam.

These are the ETAs I can share with you for the moment.

AMS/STO storage - 30th December
    LAX/CHI storage - 23rd December

Most of the NVMe servers that was promised on 15th Dec have been delivered or will be today.

If we failed to meet the delivery ETA for your server and you would like a full refund, please open a ticket and we will process it for you.

We'll make sure the billing starts 7-10 days AFTER your server is provisioned.

• Thank you for transparency HH.

TBH I am happy with the delays now, it helps to shop in peace next year BF or CM sales.

You don't have to cut close to finalize new offer or renew existing, should there be a tempting offer

Thanked by 2Falzo TODO
  • nobizzlenobizzle Member
    edited December 2021

@hosthatch thank you.. just one question. I also ordered two servers with the small flash deals for the "old hardware" one storage server in stockholm with 1TB space and one E5 Server in Amsterdam. They are not delivered yet, are they also delayed?

Does AMS/STO also include Vienna for the new servers or are they still around 30th December? (Those were actually two questions)

• fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 284.87 MB/s  (71.2k) | 3.55 GB/s    (55.4k)
    Write      | 285.62 MB/s  (71.4k) | 3.56 GB/s    (55.7k)
    Total      | 570.49 MB/s (142.6k) | 7.12 GB/s   (111.2k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 6.42 GB/s    (12.5k) | 6.97 GB/s     (6.8k)
    Write      | 6.76 GB/s    (13.2k) | 7.43 GB/s     (7.2k)
    Total      | 13.18 GB/s   (25.7k) | 14.41 GB/s   (14.0k)

Now, I know what is the true brand new hardware

• foitinfoitin Member
    edited December 2021

A little transparency is always appreciated.

The new ETA is "-" until instead of around this time?

What's the new ETA for APAC NVMe VMs?

• Just got my LA

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-12-03                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Tue Dec 21 15:58:27 UTC 2021

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2844.654 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 3.7 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 29.9 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Read       | 331.70 MB/s  (82.9k) | 3.83 GB/s    (59.8k)
    Write      | 332.58 MB/s  (83.1k) | 3.85 GB/s    (60.1k)
    Total      | 664.28 MB/s (166.0k) | 7.68 GB/s   (120.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 9.12 GB/s    (17.8k) | 9.52 GB/s     (9.3k)
    Write      | 9.60 GB/s    (18.7k) | 10.16 GB/s    (9.9k)
    Total      | 18.72 GB/s   (36.5k) | 19.69 GB/s   (19.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 492 Mbits/sec   | 593 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy           
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 944 Mbits/sec   | 65.3 Mbits/sec 
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 218 Mbits/sec   | 446 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.31 Gbits/sec  | 1.90 Gbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.81 Gbits/sec  | 2.42 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.33 Gbits/sec  | 5.84 Gbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 175 Mbits/sec   | 974 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1449                          
    Multi Core      | 2798                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11733579

• @hosthatch may I suggest creating a community discord or matrix server to keep everyone updated?

• Hi, @hosthatch & @Emil Have you already decided how it'll be possible to migrate from the old server to the new one and how much will it cost? I would like to migrate my SG, HK, and AU servers from 2/8/40 to the new 2/4/30

thanks

• I have ordered 2 NY NVMe servers, hopefully I will get it soon.

@hosthatch Thank you for the explanation. Most of the customers don't doubt your service or server preference. But sometimes it can be frustrating when companies don't respond to customer's questions. Customers will understand the problem and ready to work with you happily. Good luck.

• Anyone have a 4core nvme bench?

• Got my Compute #3 New York yesterday, pretty happy with it, only thing I have to say is that I believe my RAM should be higher since I paid for the 2 years upfront, but I'm sure it'll be fixed with a ticket.

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-12-03                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Tue Dec 21 19:06:47 UTC 2021

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 3 @ 2844.654 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 58.1 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Read       | 313.10 MB/s  (78.2k) | 3.61 GB/s    (56.4k)
    Write      | 313.93 MB/s  (78.4k) | 3.63 GB/s    (56.7k)
    Total      | 627.04 MB/s (156.7k) | 7.24 GB/s   (113.1k)
               |                      |                     
    Read       | 6.54 GB/s    (12.7k) | 6.61 GB/s     (6.4k)
    Write      | 6.89 GB/s    (13.4k) | 7.05 GB/s     (6.8k)
    Total      | 13.44 GB/s   (26.2k) | 13.66 GB/s   (13.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 2.10 Gbits/sec  | 2.26 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 2.59 Gbits/sec  | 2.35 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 2.34 Gbits/sec  | 1.94 Gbits/sec 
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 119 Mbits/sec   | 265 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 8.88 Gbits/sec  | 5.95 Gbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 4.38 Gbits/sec  | 1.31 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 2.14 Gbits/sec  | 2.43 Gbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 5.00 Mbits/sec  | 36.9 Mbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1202                          
    Multi Core      | 3296                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11736896

Thanked by 2RedSox FrankZ
  • @thole said: here you are

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • Perhaps so many users in LA are doing network benchmark? LA VMs including storage one intermittently become unreachable for a few minutes long.

• @orion504 said:
    +1 got the similar. Network please treat me well. 🙏

Still bad luck this time. So sad to know that ping latency from HH is much better than others in the same area, but I cannot utilize it. Well, it is what it is, hope everyone enjoy your machine(s).

This discussion has been closed.