Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers - Page 56
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers

Comments

• Everyone should chip in a buck or two for FAT32's buffalo's retirement fund, it's been running almost non-stop since VirBot started.

Thanked by 2FAT32 vr10
  • @VirMach any future plan for private internal network?

• $11.83 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 2432MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 4500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• VirBot is keeping the party running :p

• Another Buffalo.. I had dreams last night about Buffaloes...

• It seems spinning days are over

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Page 56.
    This is Ride On Bus route 56 in Montgomery County, Maryland.
    It serves between Lake Forest Transit Center and Rockville Station, via different roads than route 54.

This is probably the most frequent bus routes that I use when I'm living in Gaithersburg.

• @evergreen said:
    I'll wipe and I'll wipe and I'll wipe, a hudred times. Still Buffalo. Still Buffalo.

BUFFALO Party Day ~ :*

• @VirMach ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★
    Invoice #: 1337849

• In all seriousness Buffalo is fine, grabbed one already. Just looking for some Chicago.

• @evergreen said:
    In all seriousness Buffalo is fine, grabbed one already. Just looking for some Chicago.

It is, but Atlanta is a closer data center for me. And some of my use cases I like the shorter milliseconds.

But yesterday I came up with a project idea and could use some other data centers that aren't Buffalo or Atlanta.

• @Tiki said:

@evergreen said:
    In all seriousness Buffalo is fine, grabbed one already. Just looking for some Chicago.

It is, but Atlanta is a closer data center for me. And some of my use cases I like the shorter milliseconds.

Every millisecond is sacred!

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

$25.9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5504MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    11000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Woah. Could use a little more of disk, but seems well balanced :)

• Nice BW

• @JabJab said:
    $25.9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5504MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    11000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

:open_mouth:

• @JabJab said:
    $25.9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5504MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    11000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Best deal with 4 cores I've seen so far. Essentially on par with the $27 one, but cheaper :)

• Hello everybody, I am back from a nice long rest. I am glad to see VirBot still plugging along as I am, as always, looking for one more good "deal" in Buffalo.

Congratulations @JabJab on winning the EVGA RTX 3060.
    A big thank you to @bakageta for taking the Gallon of Wet Platinum Lube off the table.

Anything else notable that I missed?

• Is there anyone facing issue with VNC?

• Invoice #1340336, thanks
    btw, why limit the number of Reinstall OS?

Total Re-installs: 1 of 1 (0 free) - If you run out, please contact support and we'll reinstall it for you.

I'm 100% sure this is not mentioned in the term, and reinstalling default OS template doesn't require any human support. It's unfair to have such a hidden rule. Please make this function available

• @pan21 said:
    Invoice #1340336, thanks

Total Re-installs: 1 of 1 (0 free) - If you run out, please contact support and we'll reinstall it for you.

I'm 100% sure this is not mentioned in the term, and reinstalling default OS template doesn't require any human support. It's unfair to have such a hidden rule. Please make this function available

Go to Control Panel, here you can reinstall as much as you want.

• @pan21 said:

You can reinstall as much as you want. There are options in the control panel to reinstall using templates. Also, in the VPS' control panel, there are other distro ISO's under the CDROM tab that you can install manually.

• I don't really need a 1-core 2GB RAM VPS... but $8.84.... fuck

Thanked by 2rhinoduck bulbasaur
  • @hzhoanglee said:

@pan21 said:
    Invoice #1340336, thanks

Go to Control Panel, here you can reinstall as much as you want.

That's what I copied from Re-install OS link

For people ordered from the Cyber Monday flash sale page
    https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/

@VirMach has this special hidden limit
    and by default after activation, the server is offline, I didn't check that, just simply reinstall to Ubuntu and then I have 0 free reinstallation.
    This is not mentioned in the term and I belive it's extremely unfair

• @Tiki said:

@pan21 said:

You can reinstall as much as you want. There are options in the control panel to reinstall using templates. Also, in the VPS' control panel, there are other distro ISO's under the CDROM tab that you can install manually.

you can't if you buy a VPS from their Cyber Monday flash sale page
    this is a hidden rule to force customers to pay for reinstall default os template

• @dararish said:
    I don't really need a 1-core 2GB RAM VPS... but $8.84.... fuck

That's interesting. My card was charged but I didn't get the VM nor is there an invoice in my client area. Did this happen to anyone else as well or should I make a ticket?

• @pan21 said:

@Tiki said:

@pan21 said:

you can't if you buy a VPS from their Cyber Monday flash sale page
    this is a hidden rule to force customers to pay for reinstall default os template

There no such thing. You can always reinstall as much as you want by clicking on vps control panel on the vps page.

Thanked by 2yoursunny FrankZ
  • @dararish said:
    I don't really need a 1-core 2GB RAM VPS... but $8.84.... fuck

the deal keeps changing, you may find a very attractive package, but the problem is that you may also find other unexpected traps, and remember, it's non-refundable, PLEASE READ THE ADDITIONAL TERMS

Operating SystemInstall Later -- Please wait 1-2 hours
    Limited SupportI understand that I waive my right to a refund for this special offer. I understand I will not receive a refund if my service is suspended. I understand special offers come with limited support: VirMach will only provide support to ensure my service functions. I understand once I add this product and an invoice is generated, I am under contractual obligation to make the payment. I agree to immediately be billed $15 per 15 minutes for any support requests opened that is not part of my level of support.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

@pan21 said: That's what I copied from Re-install OS link

They told you 3 times to go to Control Panel, you did seems to not understand that, so here is a picture. Click that. Boom, no more limits and more images to use!

Limit is there because (iirc) some fuckers were reinstalling systems 24/7 after getting it provisioned and killed the I/O.

• Didn't login into my panel yet to check, but I remember someone saying that there was no Ubuntu 20.04 template, is that correct?

• you can't if you buy a VPS from their Cyber Monday flash sale page

You get 1 reinstall from the client panel, but if you go into the VPS control panel you have unlimited reinstalls.

Thanked by 1pan21