Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers - Page 53
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@rex4good said:
    Is it still possible for us to get <$5/yr deal?

Not possible due to disk minimums. Something like 512MB RAM, 10GB Disk, then yeah it could definitely do that. We'd have to lower the floor or add a chance for it to still happen or do it manually.

Secondary problem is with those, much higher chance it runs into problems and just many more people per same resource and more strain on support.

I'll see if we can sneak one in but it wouldn't be any time soon (as in definitely not in the next 6 hours.)

Nice. I'm hoping to top my 256mb/5GB disk for $3.90 from last year!

• arunsharma7arunsharma7 Member
    edited November 2021

8 8 88 for $8 should come in like 2019 or 2020 I think (or may be it was like 6 and 6 for about 30 not sure). Similar was there from cloudcone I believe today

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@arunsharma7 said:
    8 8 88 for $8 should come in like 2019 or 2020 I think (or may be it was like 6 and 6 for about 30 not sure). Similar was there from cloudcone I believe today

If we do one like this I'd want it to be on Ryzen. Foreshadowing?

• @VirMach said:

@sdsbirdman said:
    @VirMach Add Funds button is not working on mobile browser, it just hangs there forever.
    I can’t buy anything on the go :(

Which browser?

Chrome on iOS. I tried to add funds using Paypal.

Can you enable Paypal payment on Invoice page? It was working for the special deals on Friday.

• @VirMach said:

@arunsharma7 said:

Do it now!

• Now Now waiting with Keyboard paypal and 2fa

• @VirMach said:

@arunsharma7 said:

Do a Ryzen 8 8 8 8 at $88.88 like the too many eights deal

• what is that fourth 8 ? is that for storage no....

• 8 CPU, 8888 MB ram, 88GB ssd, 8 IP, 8888gb bw. 8's across the board.

• arunsharma7arunsharma7 Member
    edited November 2021

snatched Seattle one thank you @VirMach. Not a supreme deal but will take it.

• Current Deal
    $41.81/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    6784MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    40GB SSD (RAID 10)
    13000GB BANDWIDTH
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I feel ignored

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@netomx said:
    I feel ignored

• @VirMach said:

@nutjob said:
    This sucks. No matter if you have an existing service and you've been verified they still cancel your invoice as fraud. It's ridiculous.

If you're actually being marked as fraudulent, or rejected by our antifraud system that just means you didn't pass a pretty basic level of automated antifraud check. However, this wouldn't cause:

@nutjob said:

@DanSummer said:

@nutjob said:
    This sucks. No matter if you have an existing service and you've been verified they still cancel your invoice as fraud. It's ridiculous.

tried topping up your account with paypal?

Can't: I've been locked out of that because of the fraud flag.

This wouldn't be due to anti-fraud/fraud flag.

It'd be because of:

• Potential multiple accounts
    • Previous chargebacks/disputes
    • Previous abuse

It's possible that it's due to a mistake. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but that would be very very rare. As in, most the time it's valid.

The Add Funds option says "There is a mismatch between your IP geolocation and your billing address." which is why the original order failed.

I have one account, there has never been a chargeback and I've bought one service and am using it normally. I don't understand why getting verified doesn't whitelist the account.

• @nutjob said:

@VirMach said:

@nutjob said:

If you're actually being marked as fraudulent, or rejected by our antifraud system that just means you didn't pass a pretty basic level of automated antifraud check. However, this wouldn't cause:

@nutjob said:

@DanSummer said:

@nutjob said:

It'd be because of:

• Previous abuse

It's possible that it's due to a mistake. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but that would be very very rare. As in, most the time it's valid.

The Add Funds option says "There is a mismatch between your IP geolocation and your billing address." which is why the original order failed.

I have one account, there has never been a chargeback and I've bought one service and am using it normally. I don't understand why getting verified doesn't whitelist the account.

They may have just rejected you because you're a nutjob.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@FAT32 said:

@netomx said:
    I feel ignored

:(

edited November 2021

@user123 said:

@VirMach said:

@arunsharma7 said:

Do it now!

I think it'd be interesting to do it where you need to find a coupon for it for the big ones, but I feel like within 5 minutes no one would get it. So maybe for that one specifically it'll be the 88 minute $888 or $8.88 with coupon for 8 8 88 challenge.

@nutjob said:

@VirMach said:

@nutjob said:

@nutjob said:

@DanSummer said:

@nutjob said:

It'd be because of:

• Previous abuse

Oh I wasn't even thinking about that, I was only going over what happens on the back end where you would potentially not know 100% what the issue is, so if it's not also any of the above (which is still possible) then it's just the geolocation mismatch. Anything that the system states to you on your end, definitely do mention it if you contact us.

That would most likely also help at a basic level with your order rejected. Even if you're rejected if you get the order through we can activate it for you afterward.

If you ALSO cannot even get to that point then it's most likely also a payment issue. I can help you much more in a ticket, as long as you do share all these same details there.

@netomx said:
    I feel ignored

We're still working on catching up with tickets. I did notice a few of these weird cases where the system just completely decided to do its own thing and create the wrong plan. It sounds like yours is that at this point. Make sure you have a very good ticket title, otherwise I'd recommend closing the ticket and opening one with a very good title.

Example of good title for your situation:

Incorrect BF flash sale service plan generated, wrong resource levels

Of course maybe you already did all that, we basically have to skim through a lot of these and try to group them together right now, it's not ideal but we're catching up as I mentioned earlier.

Thanked by 1user123
  • @VirMach said:
    Of course maybe you already did all that, we basically have to skim through a lot of these and try to group them together right now, it's not ideal but we're catching up as I mentioned earlier.

Suggested title for @netomx: "Sexy singles near you"

Thanked by 2mycosys netomx
    edited November 2021

@sdsbirdman said:

@VirMach said:

@sdsbirdman said:
    @VirMach Add Funds button is not working on mobile browser, it just hangs there forever.
    I can’t buy anything on the go :(

Which browser?

Chrome on iOS. I tried to add funds using Paypal.

Can you enable Paypal payment on Invoice page? It was working for the special deals on Friday.

Best way to use PayPal would be through Google Wallet. I'm not sure if Apple Wallet also supports it or not or if our site even does that correctly, I haven't had a chance to try it with my iPhone. I don't really use my iPhone because of all these weird issues. We had a modal that would work on every single thing in the world except iPhone once. Maybe it's the exact same issue that we never fully resolved.

Oh and a little back story, PayPal decided to raise fees to 49c base and effectively 4.5% for most payments. So we decided to do larger amounts only hence the adding funds. We can't have it be used for $1.25 a month services, etc. And that's just how we did it for now.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • The END or the real game is coming ? can't keep my eye open anymore

• Just "accidentally" got another server :(
    Your Order Number is: 8547550393

• Finally picked up one of your boxes... smaller than I expected to go for at this late in the weekend, but did want to spread some business this way... How does le wheel work?

• I got another, too

Invoice #: 1339982

• Was sayin no till the end now have two
    Invoice Number is: 1339891 (i don't know the order number)

• spin me for another one
    Invoice Number: 1339988

• altsaltaltsalt Member
    edited November 2021

How could we refuse such fun numbers!

• $7.57 /yr
    • Great Deal! - 69% OFF
    • VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    • RAM 1536MB RAM
    • CPU 1 vCORE
    • HDD 35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    • BANDWIDTH 3000GB BANDWIDTH
    • LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    • IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
  • @VirMach said:

@arunsharma7 said:

How long will this round of flash sales last?

• Great Deal: GOGOGO!

$8.62/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    896MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1500GB BANDWIDTH
    ATLANTA, GA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• WarkosWarkos Member
    edited November 2021

Seems good for ~1$/month