Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers - Page 58
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers

Comments

• Aaaaand Buffalo again :/

$15.56/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    2816MB RAM
    2 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    5500GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @FrankZ said:
    I remember not that long ago some VirBot deals would have more RAM then disk (8GB RAM 5GB Disk). So 35GB is a vast improvement.

ahahaha

• @FrankZ said:
    I remember not that long ago some VirBot deals would have more RAM then disk (8GB RAM 5GB Disk). So 35GB is a vast improvement.

35G SSD + BUFFALO is a formula to rich :D

• @FrankZ said:

I think there was more variety in general. I got one with a 105GB drive.

• amjamj Member
    edited November 2021

(redundant)

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2021

@dararish said: I think there was more variety in general. I got one with a 105GB drive.

Did you buy it as OpenVZ?
    I had one like that in Chicago but it was openVZ with 6 cores, 4.something GB RAM, 105GB disk for $28/yr. I gave it back when they converted to KVM-Lite because I felt guilty keeping it.

• @FrankZ said:

@dararish said: I think there was more variety in general. I got one with a 105GB drive.

I had one like that in Chicago but it was openVZ with 6 cores, 4.something GB RAM, 105GB disk for $28/yr. I gave it back when they converted to KVM-Lite because I felt guilty keeping it.

Nope. It's a KVM in LA with 4 cores, 7GB RAM, and 105GB SSD. It's $64.76/yr, so not super cheap, but it's still a great price for the specs IMO.

Thanked by 2FrankZ netomx
  • Just installed Windows Server 2012 on this VPS
    $13.78/yr - BUFFALO, NY
    2 vCPU / 2688M RAM / 40G SSD
    5000G BW / 1 IPs

• @dev_vps said:
    Just installed Windows Server 2012 on this VPS
    $13.78/yr - BUFFALO, NY
    5000G BW / 1 IPs

Your operating system shouldn't be older than the hardware you are running it on.

• @JabJab said:
    $25.9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5504MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    11000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

@VirMach I purchased this deal, and my credit card was charged, but I did not receive any order number, confirmation emails, or anything. And the product has not shown up in my Client Area either. This is the first time I've tried purchasing a VirBot deal. Is this normal, or is there an issue?

• @DogbertPrime said:

@JabJab said:
    $25.9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5504MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    11000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

@VirMach I purchased this deal, and my credit card was charged, but I did not receive any order number, confirmation emails, or anything. And the product has not shown up in my Client Area either. This is the first time I've tried purchasing a VirBot deal. Is this normal, or is there an issue?

I waited about two hours, just relax and see

• @FrankZ said:

I admire the strength of your will. I think it will take me at least two more years of idling insane deals before I will even be able to comprehend such level of Zen :sweat_smile:

• @donli said:

@dev_vps said:
    Just installed Windows Server 2012 on this VPS
    $13.78/yr - BUFFALO, NY
    5000G BW / 1 IPs

Your operating system shouldn't be older than the hardware you are running it on.

Windows 10 is still used on so many newer desktops and laptops (including my development azure VM at work)

• @pan21 said:

@DogbertPrime said:

@JabJab said:
    $25.9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5504MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    11000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

It's been 2.5 hours, and I was starting to get concerned just because there wasn't any order confirmation. Just wondered if that is normal. Not in any hurry. Thanks!

• @DogbertPrime said:

@pan21 said:

@DogbertPrime said:

@JabJab said:
    $25.9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5504MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    11000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

It's been 2.5 hours, and I was starting to get concerned just because there wasn't any order confirmation. Just wondered if that is normal. Not in any hurry. Thanks!

please check Billing->My Invoices, if your invoice is paid, then nothing to worry about, :smile:

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • $20.45 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 3200MB RAM
    CPU 3 vCORE
    HDD 35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 6000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Nearly my asked for Triple Special :) Without the IPs though. :'(

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @pan21 said:

@DogbertPrime said:

@pan21 said:

@DogbertPrime said:

@JabJab said:
    $25.9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5504MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    11000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

please check Billing->My Invoices, if your invoice is paid, then nothing to worry about, :smile:

There is NO record of the purchase in my Client Area. No invoice, no service, nothing. When I completed the checkout, my credit card was charged, but I received no confirmation. It just returned me back to an empty shopping cart.

• @DogbertPrime said:

@pan21 said:

@DogbertPrime said:

@pan21 said:

@DogbertPrime said:

@JabJab said:
    $25.9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5504MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    11000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

There is NO record of the purchase in my Client Area. No invoice, no service, nothing. When I completed the checkout, my credit card was charged, but I received no confirmation. It just returned me back to an empty shopping cart.

you should try to reach their support team, that sounds weird

• @rhinoduck said: I admire the strength of your will. I think it will take me at least two more years of idling insane deals before I will even be able to comprehend such level of Zen

I don't really idle much. The vast majority are used for some real purpose. On rare occasions I will get a bad one and just shut it down and move on. I don't expect support. For the prices I pay, if VirMach keeps the node up, I'm good, and they do a very good job on uptime.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint imok
  • NorrisNorris Member
    edited November 2021

$21.88 /yr
    RAM 4224MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 8500GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• $18.73 /yr

RAM 3456MB RAM
    CPU 3 vCORE
    HDD 35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 6500GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Getting harder to resist.. :open_mouth:

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @DogbertPrime said:

Check your junk/spam folder. the welcome email should be there but there's not much in it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@VirMach said: Of course maybe you already did all that

I didnt make a ticket, I was afraid i got a bad response hahaha.

Ticket ID 812036

PM (in LET) sent for the ryzen upgrade and the rtx3060, too.

• @tomle said:
    I forgot, is it possible to run Windows on the VMs? For example the current deal has a good amount of RAM.
    Edit: It seems to be possible, Win 2012 & 2019.

You can have Virmach mount a custom (Windows) ISO, but they charge for it. It is a bit complicated, but you can install it via netboot.xyz as well. Bring your own license.

Thanked by 1vr10
  • @storm said:

@tomle said:
    I forgot, is it possible to run Windows on the VMs? For example the current deal has a good amount of RAM.
    Edit: It seems to be possible, Win 2012 & 2019.

You can have Virmach mount a custom (Windows) ISO, but they charge for it. It is a bit complicated, but you can install it via netboot.xyz as well. Bring your own license.

@VirMach

There is a bug with windows 2019 Eval iso in control panel. When that iso is loaded, VM stays offline and not reachable even after multiple reboots.

It works fine with Windows 2012 R2 iso mounting.

• I've heard it costs $3 to transfer a vps, is that in addition to the $15 for 15 minutes support fee?

• @DogbertPrime said:

@JabJab said:
    $25.9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5504MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    11000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

@silvertriclops said:
    I've heard it costs $3 to transfer a vps, is that in addition to the $15 for 15 minutes support fee?

No, it is just the $ 3, but it can take forever to process.

• @DanSummer said:

@DogbertPrime said:

Check your junk/spam folder. the welcome email should be there but there's not much in it.

I'm already an existing customer with several other products, no welcome email is applicable. I opened a ticket about the missing product.

• Big NJ one popped up:

$37.97/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    6400MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    105GB SSD (RAID 10)
    12500GB BANDWIDTH
    PISCATAWAY, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2021

Well there is the 105GB disk. Sad that it is only 1 core.

$37.97/yr
     KVM - 1 GIGABIT
     6400MB RAM
     1 vCORE
     105GB SSD (RAID 10)
     12500GB BANDWIDTH
     PISCATAWAY, NJ LOCATION
     1 DEDICATED IPv4

EDIT: VirBot must be spying on this thread. Beware VirBot is now part of the "eyes" community.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint