Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers - Page 57
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@spammy said:
    Invoice: 1336715, thanks!

This got skipped as well above. You would have gotten double plan smith which was original double bandwidth. I'll just go ahead and give you double bandwidth since it's basically nothing anyway.

Ah, would be nice to get it for free but can't complain about any freebie :)

Thanks!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FrankZ said:
    A big thank you to @bakageta for taking the Gallon of Wet Platinum Lube off the table.

I'm waiting for the Service Transfer thread for that Wet Platinum Lube.
    You know, I have several DC motors that need a few drips every year.
    It'll last me 1000 years.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @JabJab said:

@pan21 said: That's what I copied from Re-install OS link

They told you 3 times to go to Control Panel, you did seems to not understand that, so here is a picture. Click that. Boom, no more limits and more images to use!

Limit is there because (iirc) some fuckers were reinstalling systems 24/7 after getting it provisioned and killed the I/O.

thanks, I thought this page, is Control Panel, and then I clicked the link below...
    in that "Re-install OS" page, It shows

Total Re-installs: 1 of 1 (0 free) - If you run out, please contact support and we'll reinstall it for you.

really appreciate that, I will use the other link when needed

• @pan21 said:

@dararish said:
    I don't really need a 1-core 2GB RAM VPS... but $8.84.... fuck

the deal keeps changing, you may find a very attractive package, but the problem is that you may also find other unexpected traps, and remember, it's non-refundable, PLEASE READ THE ADDITIONAL TERMS

Operating SystemInstall Later -- Please wait 1-2 hours
    Limited SupportI understand that I waive my right to a refund for this special offer. I understand I will not receive a refund if my service is suspended. I understand special offers come with limited support: VirMach will only provide support to ensure my service functions. I understand once I add this product and an invoice is generated, I am under contractual obligation to make the payment. I agree to immediately be billed $15 per 15 minutes for any support requests opened that is not part of my level of support.

Thanks lol, but I've been a customer for around 2 years now. Not my first rodeo.

• @Ouji said:
    Didn't login into my panel yet to check, but I remember someone saying that there was no Ubuntu 20.04 template, is that correct?

not from Re-install OS, but you will find in Control Panel

@soulchief said:

you can't if you buy a VPS from their Cyber Monday flash sale page
    this is a hidden rule to force customers to pay for reinstall default os template

You get 1 reinstall from the client panel, but if you go into the VPS control panel you have unlimited reinstalls.

thanks, just found it, :)

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • btw, this randomly generated deal is very cool, just need a lot DIY

• @dararish said:
    Thanks lol, but I've been a customer for around 2 years now. Not my first rodeo.

I'm new to VirMach, :smiley:

• @hellohost said:
    This year's host discount is very bad

please explain

• @pan21 said:

@Tiki said:

@pan21 said:
    I'm 100% sure this is not mentioned in the term, and reinstalling default OS template doesn't require any human support. It's unfair to have such a hidden rule. Please make this function available

You can reinstall as much as you want. There are options in the control panel to reinstall using templates. Also, in the VPS' control panel, there are other distro ISO's under the CDROM tab that you can install manually.

this is a hidden rule to force customers to pay for reinstall default os template

There are two control panels - VirMach and the actual VPS' control panel located under Additional Tools section. It's the SolusVM control panel.

Go to the SolusVM control panel and do a reinstall from there.

• I like Buffalo, seems better long-term for climate change (hydropower). I cringe a bit when I see locations like Phoenix.

• The auto-generated names are something else, lol.

Thanked by 3Ouji imok FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2021

@dararish said: I don't really need a 1-core 2GB RAM VPS... but $8.84.... fuck

This was close enough to my requested $7.77 deal that I picked it up. Thanks VirBot.

@yoursunny - Good to see that you will put that lube to good use. :)
    EDIT: and you picked up the bus ride posts.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @Tiki said:

@pan21 said:

@Tiki said:

@pan21 said:
    I'm 100% sure this is not mentioned in the term, and reinstalling default OS template doesn't require any human support. It's unfair to have such a hidden rule. Please make this function available

You can reinstall as much as you want. There are options in the control panel to reinstall using templates. Also, in the VPS' control panel, there are other distro ISO's under the CDROM tab that you can install manually.

There are two control panels - VirMach and the actual VPS' control panel located under Additional Tools section. It's the SolusVM control panel.

Go to the SolusVM control panel and do a reinstall from there.

thanks, now I understand.
    I was too over-worried because of the $15 per 15 mins term, and it wasn't clear what type of question I can ask in a ticket, don't want another $15 bill

• @FrankZ said:

This was close enough to my requested $7.77 deal that I picked it up. Thanks VirBot.

hmm... mine cost a bit more, 2.5GB ram 35TB storage 5TB traffic for 13.61, but still a good deal

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @pan21 said:

@Tiki said:

@pan21 said:

How so? every year, there's an ***hole or two here that claim they're being cheated out of their $5.

• @pan21 said:

@FrankZ said:

hmm... mine cost a bit more, 2.5GB ram 35TB storage 5TB traffic for 13.61, but still a good deal

How can you got 35TB storage?

• @DanSummer said:

@pan21 said:

@Tiki said:

@pan21 said:

How so? every year, there's an ***hole or two here that claim they're being cheated out of their $5.

I didn't find the other control panel earlier, but I got the message I have 0 free reinstall, and I also read the $15 for 15 mins term, which cause the confusion.
    If that Re-install OS is just for 1 time, they should remove it, so won't cause unnecessary confusion

• @hzhoanglee said:

@pan21 said:

@FrankZ said:

How can you got 35TB storage?

typo, i mean GB, sorry

• bayarea15bayarea15 Member
    edited November 2021

@rhinoduck said:
    The auto-generated names are something else, lol.

The one I bought yesterday starts with the word Neglected... :'(

Which probably will be how it lives out its life.

Thanked by 1rhinoduck

@FrankZ said:
    EDIT: and you pick up the bus ride posts.

I usually just use cooking oil in the DC motors.
    HDD has weird sound at night?
    Lube it up! Oil it up!

Thanked by 2FrankZ rhinoduck
  • This is the message

Special Offers - BF-SPECIAL-2021 EqualFocused-VM
    Total Re-installs: 1 of 1 (0 free) - If you run out, please contact support and we'll reinstall it for you.

and this is the term:

Operating SystemInstall Later -- Please wait 1-2 hours
    Limited SupportI understand that I waive my right to a refund for this special offer. I understand I will not receive a refund if my service is suspended. I understand special offers come with limited support: VirMach will only provide support to ensure my service functions. I understand once I add this product and an invoice is generated, I am under contractual obligation to make the payment. I agree to immediately be billed $15 per 15 minutes for any support requests opened that is not part of my level of support.

I don't even know what is counted as not part of my level of support.
    Will you feel panic when you find a basic reinstall function is restricted?

edited November 2021

@pan21 said:

We feel panic that someone fails to understand the difference between WHMCS (1 reinstall) and SolusVM (unlimited reinstalls).
    Maybe they need to brew a cup of tea with that Wet Platinum Lube, which would make them smarter.

• @yoursunny said:

@pan21 said:

We feel panic that someone fails to understand the difference between WHMCS (1 reinstall) and SolusVM (unlimited reinstalls).

I'm not an experienced user like you and others, whatever I used before have one control panel only, which is why I didn't look for another control panel

• @bayarea15 said:

@rhinoduck said:
    The auto-generated names are something else, lol.

The one I bought yesterday starts with the word Neglected... :'(

The one I failed to buy yesterday was called LonelySomething... I forgot what the "something" was, but I remember the whole thing was sadly fitting and hit home hard given that I was up late at night hunting for single-digit dollar yearly deals on VPSes in Buffalo :sweat_smile:

Thanked by 2FrankZ bayarea15
  • Finally something other than Buffalo...

$30.99/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    3712MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    7500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• wow, a non-buffalo offer!

• @AXYZE said:
    Finally something other than Buffalo...

$30.99/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    3712MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    7500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

but it is crazy that with so small disk...otherwise it is a good deal :/

• @AXYZE said:
    Finally something other than Buffalo...

$30.99/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    3712MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    7500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Well, yes, but 35GB still :(

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2021

I remember not that long ago some VirBot deals would have more RAM then disk (8GB RAM 5GB Disk). So 35GB is a vast improvement.

• @FrankZ said:
    I remember not that long ago some VirBot deals would have more RAM then disk (8GB RAM 5GB Disk). So 35GB is a vast improvement.

Yes, I have one of those! 8 GB RAM, 5 GB disk, only 100 GB bandwidth. Almost unusable :) I thought about trying to attach some cloud-based storage like Backblaze but got lazy.

Thanked by 1FrankZ