Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Kimsufi] Black Friday - Limited Edition KS-LE - Page 37
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Kimsufi] Black Friday - Limited Edition KS-LE

Comments

• @Seanster said: It sure is disconcerting to see them sell and instantly provision servers for other people while I have paid and continue waiting two weeks and counting.

they may well already have an existing account.

• @Adam1 said:
    they may well already have an existing account.

Having Existing accounts + active servers could help. If no servers in the existing account, there's still a waiting time to get that processed.

• Yeah that probably is the case, active account seems to get instant deployment.

• @dev_vps said:
    Finally I am able to install proxMox 7.1.2 directly from ISO using QEMU and did not lose network settings.

Able to login to the proxmox web interface.
    Now time to setup couple of VMs.

Could you share details steps?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2021

@tungbon said:

@dev_vps said:
    Finally I am able to install proxMox 7.1.2 directly from ISO using QEMU and did not lose network settings.

Able to login to the proxmox web interface.
    Now time to setup couple of VMs.

Could you share details steps?

I will be sharing the detailed steps (along with screenshots) in next couple of days.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2021

I am also unable to imagine myself letting the KS with this promo gone. I have spent many hours trying to figure out the quirks of KS routers, my next project is to try to bypass the 100 mbps limitation, even 500 would be great, but I bought it thinking it is 100 mbps both ways so I am not complaining at all, it is cheap storage, cheap toy, i have reinstalled like 20 times already with various things just to experiment.
    Yes, the second disk is about to die, yes, it is pretty old HW but I like that, as long as OVH can make it work, nobody will lose anything from throwing them away.
    And, tbh, I have no idea how could they make it work, when probably only the power makes up at least half of the price.
    I am expecting a price increase, but then I would ask for my setup fee back, you cant have a setup fee AND increase prices shortly after, that would be theft.

Thanked by 2dahartigan lebidule
  • @Maounique said: when probably only the power makes up at least half of the price.

yeah, I dont know how they do it to be honest. 15 euro a month, 50c a day; I dont know how cheap a DC can buy power, but I think around 12c per kwh. so even at 100w these servers would eat up at least half of that 50c

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @Maounique said:
    I am also unable to imagine myself letting the KS with this promo gone. I have spent many hours trying to figure out the quirks of KS routers, my next project is to try to bypass the 100 mbps limitation, even 500 would be great, but I bought it thinking it is 100 mbps both ways so I am not complaining at all, it is cheap storage, cheap toy, i have reinstalled like 20 times already with various things just to experiment.
    Yes, the second disk is about to die, yes, it is pretty old HW but I like that, as long as OVH can make it work, nobody will lose anything from throwing them away.
    And, tbh, I have no idea how could they make it work, when probably only the power makes up at least half of the price.
    I am expecting a price increase, but then I would ask for my setup fee back, you cant have a setup fee AND increase prices shortly after, that would be theft.

My current project is bypassing the limit. I have 2 KS-LE and they both talk gigabit to each other.

The trick is finding a VPS on a box that's in the same DC your KS-LE and tunnel through that.

Keepsolid in Canada is in the same DC as me and I can get 250mbit out using that.

OVHcloud would work too, but fucking expensive if you want to get gigabit.

• @dahartigan said:

@Maounique said:

My current project is bypassing the limit. I have 2 KS-LE and they both talk gigabit to each other.

The trick is finding a VPS on a box that's in the same DC your KS-LE and tunnel through that.

Keepsolid in Canada is in the same DC as me and I can get 250mbit out using that.

I can't seem to find Keepsolid VPS's ? Only VPN ?

• @wlambrechts said:

@dahartigan said:

@Maounique said:

I'm talking about Keepsolid VPN, I don't think they have VPS.

• @dahartigan said:

@wlambrechts said:

@dahartigan said:

@Maounique said:

Thanks, but their unlimited VPN is priced at 29 USD/month.

For that amount you'd better take a OVH, which is cheaper for a 1 GBits VPS ...

• @wlambrechts said:

@dahartigan said:

@wlambrechts said:

@dahartigan said:

@Maounique said:

Thanks, but their unlimited VPN is priced at 29 USD/month.

For that amount you'd better take a OVH, which is cheaper for a 1 GBits VPS ...

Ahh, you need to get the $14/year lifetime subscription that comes around at black friday, etc.

• I've had issues receiving a server from EU to my EU account. their ownership change form is broken, it does not generate the pdf file. The support told me they cannot find the seller account on kimsufi even tho he has an EU account. their system is so weird

• @dahartigan said:
    I can't imagine letting my KS-LE go. I'm struggling to say goodbye to the last of my KS-07 $10.99 boxes even though they are still available.

Keep the KS-LE. I reckon in a few months there will be some serious regret from people who canceled them.

Agreed, most seem to be moving to the SYS-1 or -2 boxes, but those use a low power BGA CPU that is basically a laptop cpu with Xeon features enabled

The KS-LE is a proper machine with much higher power costs for OVH, god only knows how they offer it so cheap

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @darkimmortal said: those use a low power BGA CPU that is basically a laptop cpu with Xeon features enabled

Yeah but keep in mind that CPU ain't the only thing folks are after: more Mbps and more storage can be very important for some use cases.

• cant renew , so cheap ? its a lie for setup-fee ?

My transactions
    Date Amount Type Status
    18 Dec 2021 -17.99 € Debit Failed
    18 Dec 2021 -17.99 € Debit Expired
    23 Nov 2021 -29.99 € Debit Success

My orders

December

December

Date Ref. Status Amount
    18 Dec 2021 162094612 Unpaid 17.99 €
    18 Dec 2021 162094535 Unpaid 17.99 €
    18 Dec 2021 162092190 Unpaid 17.99 €

• @eagle__pride said:
    cant renew , so cheap ? its a lie for setup-fee ?

My transactions
    Date Amount Type Status
    18 Dec 2021 -17.99 € Debit Expired
    23 Nov 2021 -29.99 € Debit Success

My orders

December

December

Date Ref. Status Amount
    18 Dec 2021 162094612 Unpaid 17.99 €
    18 Dec 2021 162094535 Unpaid 17.99 €
    18 Dec 2021 162092190 Unpaid 17.99 €

I renewed mine, what you talkin' about?

• I cant

• @eagle__pride said:
    I cant

Perhaps not enough wool on the sheep.

• cant renew , and the ticket have no response , so , I think the ks is liar . am I wrong ?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Try another CC, works fine here.

• When did you send the work order? I think the KS is a strong bricklayer, I think it is a misunderstanding perhaps.

• 3.5 hours ago

• @eagle__pride said:
    3.5 hours ago

Lol is this your first KS server? They take forever.

• @eagle__pride said:
    3.5 hours ago

Not great, not terrible..

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited December 2021

@eagle__pride said:
    3.5 hours ago

my ticket at SYS(IE) waited 17 days and no any reply, lol

• :o cool ...

• ok , I renewed too

• @eagle__pride said:
    ok , I renewed too

Today is your lucky day

• I have a KS-E France server on a Canadian account that I am willing to transfer to someone for $20. Next bill due 28th.