Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Kimsufi] Black Friday - Limited Edition KS-LE - Page 35
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Kimsufi] Black Friday - Limited Edition KS-LE

Comments

• @dev_vps said:

@TheBrokenBee said:

@Neoon said:
    What are these different benchmark results on dedis?

I have seen everything from 3.5k to 3.7k even 3.8k.
    Same CPU, I can replicate this on booth of my machines, CONSISTENTLY.

Same Kernel, same OS, less benchmark.
    Anyone care to explain?

I did not look at the CPU temp's yet.

The difference between Canada and France locations in terms of network speed is day and night as well.

That is why I am letting Canada location server go, while keeping the France location one

Any one interested in Canada Server,
    I can transfer KS-LE to your Kimsufi US account for $20
    Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 4c/8t 3.7GHz
    32GB DDR3 ECC 1133MHz
    SoftRaid 2x2TB
    Monthly renewal $18

ugggggggggggggh

• perpetually late. if someone wants to offload a server that's got some perks or isn't geriatric, I'd love to pick it up, wheel greasing fees potentially welcome

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:
    If anyone can publish a working howto to put ZFS with Proxmox 7 on that KS-LE, lemme know.
    I just wasted 3 hours to get this bitch booting, but it refuses to boot.

Sadly, the Server does not have a IPMI.

I'd be interested in this too

• @v3ng said:

@Neoon said:
    If anyone can publish a working howto to put ZFS with Proxmox 7 on that KS-LE, lemme know.

I'd be interested in this too

Do you want everything on ZFS? Are you happy with a smallish ext4 / and everything else on ZFS?

I've so far avoided everything-on-zfs because rescue/recovery is considerably more painful than vanilla ext4 (at least for /). I'm quite happy with having some sort of a ZFS backup for / (or at least a part of it).

Having the VM storage and whatever else on ZFS is of course not an issue.

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited December 2021

@Neoon said:

In rescue mode:
    qemu-system-x86_64 -net nic -net user,hostfwd=tcp::80-:80,hostfwd=tcp::443-:443 -m 4096M -localtime -hda /dev/sda -hdb /dev/sdb -vnc 127.0.0.1:16 -boot n -option-rom /usr/lib/ipxe/qemu/pxe-rtl8139.rom -smp 2 -enable-kvm

Then SSH forward and connect to VNC 127.0.0.1:5816

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@darkimmortal said:

@Neoon said:

In rescue mode:
    qemu-system-x86_64 -net nic -net user,hostfwd=tcp::80-:80,hostfwd=tcp::443-:443 -m 4096M -localtime -hda /dev/sda -hdb /dev/sdb -vnc 127.0.0.1:16 -boot n -option-rom /usr/lib/ipxe/qemu/pxe-rtl8139.rom -smp 2 -enable-kvm

Exactly this is not working, the system refuses to boot and I don't know why.
    I don't get an IPMI on the machine.

• I gave up trying to transfer my KS-LE. Support asks me to print a form, fill it and send it. I don't know why some people seem to have been able to transfer servers just with a ticket??

• @fredo1664 said:
    I gave up trying to transfer my KS-LE. Support asks me to print a form, fill it and send it. I don't know why some people seem to have been able to transfer servers just with a ticket??

That was definitely not the case with me. I and the buyer had to open tickets thats it

• @fredo1664 said:
    I gave up trying to transfer my KS-LE. Support asks me to print a form, fill it and send it. I don't know why some people seem to have been able to transfer servers just with a ticket??

Try again. Find a buyer and simply create ticket saying this is the user where service needs transfer and have buyer reference it at same time. Should work.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2021

if you want to have the disks in mirroring and everything ZFS... Why?
    In my experience having different age disks and possibly models in mirroring is not worth it even in soft raid.
    If you do not wish to use mirroring, then a small ext4 on a disk is a small price to pay for a lot of convenience.

• @Neoon said:

@darkimmortal said:

@Neoon said:

In rescue mode:

It boots in qemu but doesn’t work when booted normally?

@darkimmortal said:

@Neoon said:

@darkimmortal said:

@Neoon said:

In rescue mode:

I installed the machine today 5 times with Proxmox 7, it won't boot.
    I don't know the FUCK WHY, but I know when I mount the Raid, the logs don't show any boot sequence, not talking about Network.

I don't know why people don't understand when I say it won't boot.

• Still haven't got my dedi :disappointed:

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited December 2021

@Neoon said:

@darkimmortal said:

@Neoon said:

@darkimmortal said:

@Neoon said:

In rescue mode:

I don't know the FUCK WHY, but I know when I mount the Raid, the logs don't show any boot sequence, not talking about Network.

My post was explaining how to diagnose your issue by booting the physical disks within a VM in rescue mode. You don’t need IPMI

It is a useful technique on Kimsufi boxes for custom OS installs and diagnosing boot issues

If your machine won’t even boot to the Kimsufi ‘netboot’ rescue then it is fucked

• fredo1664fredo1664 Member
    edited December 2021

@plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

Try again. Find a buyer and simply create ticket saying this is the user where service needs transfer and have buyer reference it at same time. Should work.

That's what we did and they asked me to fill the form. I explained in the ticket that on LET some people manage to do it with just a ticket from both parties, but nope, fill the form.
    I can't be bothered really! I'll just let it expire or use it as a shitbox, and go back to swim in my 16TB.

• @Neoon said:

can this be related to the mac entry needs to be added in /etc/network/interfaces

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited December 2021

@fredo1664 said:
    That's what we did and they asked me to fill the form. I explained in the ticket that on LET some people manage to do it with just a ticket from both parties, but nope, fill the form.
    I can't be bothered really! I'll just let it expire or use it as a shitbox, and go back to swim in my 16TB.

Which region? They aren't the same between EU and US/CA...

• @mrclown said:

@fredo1664 said:

Which region? They aren't the same between EU and US/CA...

France

@ehab said:

@Neoon said:

can this be related to the mac entry needs to be added in /etc/network/interfaces

Please, read what I said, its not fucking booting.
    It has nothing to do with the fucking network interface.

I already get drunk and lost on this shit.

• @Neoon said:
    I already get drunk and lost on this shit.

if you don't have IPMI and can't see whats happening then kernel logs help. if you try to use rescue and mount the drive.

FYI, in promox 6 i had same issue where it boots but fails network/halts , until i added mac address in the interface.

anyway, try to install your proxmox 6 and see if it helps.

i would like to know how to works out.

edited December 2021

@darkimmortal said:

@Neoon said:

@darkimmortal said:

@Neoon said:

@darkimmortal said:

@Neoon said:

In rescue mode:

My post was explaining how to diagnose your issue by booting the physical disks within a VM in rescue mode. You don’t need IPMI

It is a useful technique on Kimsufi boxes for custom OS installs and diagnosing boot issues

If your machine won’t even boot to the Kimsufi ‘netboot’ rescue then it is fucked

very interesting indeed, the Chinese guy apparently was right with this boo tang.
    I don't know the fuck why, but now its booting with your diagnostic.

Going to apply hwaddress, eno1 and reboot, will see.

edit: it fucking works, jesus maria christ
    @darkimmortal thanks

May be related to https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-wont-boot-with-latest-kernel-5-13-19-2-pve.100825/

Used an older Proxmox 7.x iso

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @Neoon said:

https://lala.im/8123.html

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @fredo1664 said:

@plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

Can comfirm transfers are possible without a form.
    i´ve just transfered 3 of those puppies

• Are we sure the form doesn’t relate to a particular region? What regions are folks completing transfers in?

• @Neoon said:

I installed bulleye with the advanced option to put on single disk and set the / partition to 50GB. Once installed I made a empty parititon with parted for the free space
    You can then use proxmox to make the ZFS partitions on the emplty partition and disk

After about 10 installs and 20 recoverys due to messing up the network I now have nat and ipv6 working :)

• im ipv6 retarded it seems NAT via ipv4 not a problem with port ranges forwarded...

ipv6 routing and im failing...

I really like neoons guides but cant replicate that success

@djn said:

@Neoon said:

I installed bulleye with the advanced option to put on single disk and set the / partition to 50GB. Once installed I made a empty parititon with parted for the free space
    You can then use proxmox to make the ZFS partitions on the emplty partition and disk

After about 10 installs and 20 recoverys due to messing up the network I now have nat and ipv6 working :)

@jugganuts said:
    im ipv6 retarded it seems NAT via ipv4 not a problem with port ranges forwarded...

Well, I reinstalled the machine where I had working IPv6.
    All I can say its broken no and I have no fucking idea why.

• Heres a yabs of one of my containers with ZFS it helps with cached drive speed as the real disk does nowhere near these speeds

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-12-03                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri Dec 10 19:30:32 UTC 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3900.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.0 GiB
    Swap       : 512.0 MiB
    Disk       : 19.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 110.77 MB/s  (27.6k) | 1.91 GB/s    (29.9k)
    Write      | 111.07 MB/s  (27.7k) | 1.92 GB/s    (30.1k)
    Total      | 221.85 MB/s  (55.4k) | 3.84 GB/s    (60.0k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.96 GB/s     (3.8k) | 112.86 MB/s    (110)
    Write      | 2.06 GB/s     (4.0k) | 120.37 MB/s    (117)
    Total      | 4.02 GB/s     (7.8k) | 233.23 MB/s    (227)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 94.4 Mbits/sec  | 900 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 93.8 Mbits/sec  | 895 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 93.3 Mbits/sec  | 890 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | busy            | 328 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 96.8 Mbits/sec  | 940 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 59.5 Mbits/sec  | 145 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 94.8 Mbits/sec  | 905 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 87.5 Mbits/sec  | 833 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 93.2 Mbits/sec  | 887 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 92.3 Mbits/sec  | 883 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 92.0 Mbits/sec  | 880 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 95.5 Mbits/sec  | 927 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 93.3 Mbits/sec  | 895 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 786
    Multi Core      | 787
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11533703

• kkonekokkoneko Member
    edited December 2021

@jugganuts said:
    im ipv6 retarded it seems NAT via ipv4 not a problem with port ranges forwarded...

are you trying to get your host ipv6 access or giving your vm ipv6 access?

• sammsamm Member
    edited December 2021

@fredo1664 close your ticket and open a new ticket asking for service transfer. These replies also depends on person who is handling your ticket. I encounterd same issue in past, one person told me transfer not possible and other did it successfully.

Thanked by 1fan