Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FranTech (BuyVM.net) loses all data - "FRIED NODE" - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FranTech (BuyVM.net) loses all data - "FRIED NODE"

Comments

• Fucking excuses galore from @Francisco and @jar is trying as hard as he can to bat for Fran.

OP paying good money for shit service and excuses.

What a shitshow.

Popcorn.gif

• deankdeank Member, Troll

At this point, this is pretty much free advertising for Fran.

Maybe, OP is Fran's alt.

• @Francisco said:

@user37489 said: BuyVM is an amazing host, mods please delete this thread please

Sure, but I'm fine replying a bit more if it helps you understand.

@user37489 said: Does anyone here have a VPS with BuyVM?

If so, can you please log into Stallion and then confirm that the status of your VPS says ONLINE. Then, click on the actions to Start VPS. Lastly, what does the log show? Does it show a user issued start command?

I can't believe I have to explain such basic things to the VPS host himself on how his control panel works.

It will show the action, but your VM wasn't running. There was only 1 time your VPS was booted, here's the node side logs for you.
    Francisco

I know the VPS wasn't running... because that is sort of the reason for this entire post.

I wasn't using screen recording software so I don't have the proof, but I'm telling you that Stallion shows Online, regardless of what you are saying you see in your logs. I'm sure it will come up the next time a NVMe fries.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:
    Fucking excuses galore from @Francisco and @jar is trying as hard as he can to bat for Fran.

What a shitshow.

Popcorn.gif

You're mistaken, I've done no such thing. Never did I say that anyone didn't have a valid complaint, and nothing I stated is anything that I haven't stated before about providers I haven't even used.

I understand that you want to fan the flames of drama. Be as childlike as you wish, but I spoke only facts. The only thing I corrected for Fran was his use of the word testing. I've been burned by a similar mistake in the past.

If you can pop into every thread that relates to a host and accuse me of this, can I not make the equal but opposite accusation of you? That you're only in the thread to bash someone and logic be damned if it gets in your way?

I'm allowed to try to educate users, even if they're BuyVM users. That's not a line I can't cross to do such a thing. To suggest otherwise would be an absurdly biased suggestion. Why you would be so dead set on me not offering advice from a place of knowledge is beyond me, there can be no positive motive for such a thing.

We used to have shoot-out like this daily on LET.

Now, this is the first one in 2 fucking months.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Erisa
  • @deank said: We used to have shoot-out like this daily on LET.

Now, this is the first one in 2 fucking months.

And it's within days of my return.

Coincidence?

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2021

@user37489 said: I know the VPS wasn't running.

Your whole argument is that it said it was online and the VM wasn't. I'm showing proof that the VM was only ever started by you. The node logs would've shown the interface come up at a different time, but it lines up with the logs in Stallion.

This is hair splitting. Agree to disagree.

I'm sorry for the heartache and the pain in the ass this has been. I hope it didn't screw up your weekend too much and you were able to sort out whatever you were needing the RDP for.

Good luck at whomever you settle on. Let me know if you ever change your mind with us and I'll spot you or your friends free backups on any/all services as a show of good faith.

Francisco

Thanked by 2dystopia b0lt
  • @Francisco said:

Your whole argument is that it said it was online and the VM wasn't. I'm showing proof that the VM was only ever started by you. The node logs would've shown the interface come up at a different time, but it lines up with the logs in Stallion.

I'm sorry for the heartache and the pain in the ass this has been. I hope it didn't screw up your weekend too much and you were able to sort out whatever you were needing the RDP for.

Good luck at whomever you settle on. Let me know if you ever change your mind with us and I'll spot you or your friends free backups on any/all services as a show of good faith.

Francisco

Given that you cost the same as Windows 365 and Amazon Workspace, I doubt we'll ever be back to another low end host.

@user37489 said: Given that you cost the same as Windows 365 and Amazon Workspace, I doubt we'll ever be back to another low end host.

Best of luck then.

Francisco

• @user37489 said: Given that you cost the same as Windows 365 and Amazon Workspace, I doubt we'll ever be back to another low end host.

HINT HINT: Before burning all the bridges first test all those Amazon Workspaces and Windows 365 - you have (limited?) vCPUs there (not dedicated like BuyVM) and it can turn out being slooooooow af. However if you use only it for Excel then maybe it can handle that.

@user37489 said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Given that you cost the same as Windows 365 and Amazon Workspace, I doubt we'll ever be back to another low end host.

Careful with the 365 one, it's hell. Might go direct to azure instead.

Unless this advice looks like I'm shilling for Fran, care to weigh in on that @dahartigan ?

• @jar said:

@dahartigan said:
    Fucking excuses galore from @Francisco and @jar is trying as hard as he can to bat for Fran.

What a shitshow.

Popcorn.gif

You're mistaken. Never did I say that anyone didn't have a valid complaint, and nothing I stated is anything that I haven't stated before about providers I haven't even used.

I understand that you want to fan the flames of drama. Be as childlike as you wish, but I spoke only facts. The only thing I corrected for Fran was his use of the word testing. I've been burned by a similar mistake in the past.

Fair enough, but if your mate ran his mouth and took a beating you stand back and let him learn his lesson.

If it was unprovoked, you jump in and help..

Do you see this as the second where I see it as the first?

Thanked by 2jar default
    edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

What a shitshow.

Popcorn.gif

You're mistaken. Never did I say that anyone didn't have a valid complaint, and nothing I stated is anything that I haven't stated before about providers I haven't even used.

Fair enough, but if your mate ran his mouth and took a beating you stand back and let him learn his lesson.

As I see it I didn't interfere with any "beating." I spoke up about universal expectations of backups of VMs. It's not a topic I've ever been quiet on, I think it's rude to suggest that I should start being quiet on it just because I've been improperly accused of bias. The subject of backing up VMs applies everywhere. If you're not paying for it, don't expect it to be there. If that's bad advice, then good advice is the opposite which instead falsely educates customers and sets expectations that will almost always be false.

Thanked by 2Erisa bulbasaur
  • user37489user37489 Member
    edited November 2021

@JabJab said:

@user37489 said: Given that you cost the same as Windows 365 and Amazon Workspace, I doubt we'll ever be back to another low end host.

HINT HINT: Before burning all the bridges first test all those Amazon Workspaces and Windows 365 - you have (limited?) vCPUs there (not dedicated like BuyVM) and it can turn out being slooooooow af. However if you use only it for Excel then maybe it can handle that.

I've started on the 4 vCPU, 16GB Memory with both Windows 365 and Amazon Workspaces. They both feel the same as with BuyVM so far.

• @jar said: If you're not paying for it, don't expect it to be there. If that's bad advice, then good advice is the opposite which instead falsely educates customers.

So, do you backup all my e-mails on mxroute or we not paying for that one?!

edited November 2021

@JabJab said:

@jar said: If you're not paying for it, don't expect it to be there. If that's bad advice, then good advice is the opposite which instead falsely educates customers.

It's in the terms of service. I assume you read them, right? They're pretty short. Your email also isn't a VM, so quite irrelevant to anything I've said in this thread.

Am I on trial? Do I need a lawyer?

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @jar said: It's in the terms of service. I assume you read them, right? They're pretty short.

How I am supposed to start even more drama with answers like that :<?

Thanked by 4jar Erisa dystopia b0lt
  • @jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

What a shitshow.

Popcorn.gif

As I see it I didn't interfere with any "beating." I spoke up about universal expectations of backups of VMs. It's not a topic I've ever been quiet on, I think it's rude to suggest that I should start being quiet on it just because I've been improperly accused of bias. The subject of backing up VMs applies everywhere. If you're not paying for it, don't expect it to be there. If that's bad advice, then good advice is the opposite which instead falsely educates customers.

All I said was you came in to bat for Fran. Calm down ROFL.

I agree, backups everywhere. It's not strictly OPs fault that Fran's test shat the bed before OP could take backups. Likewise, how was Fran to know OP wasn't backed up before the shit happened?

You seem to save your best words and insults for when I come into a thread, I'll take that as a compliment :)

@JabJab said: HINT HINT: Before burning all the bridges first test all those Amazon Workspaces and Windows 365 - you have (limited?) vCPUs there (not dedicated like BuyVM) and it can turn out being slooooooow af. However if you use only it for Excel then maybe it can handle that.

There's no burned bridges, only burned NVMe's. - Sun Tzu

We very rarely hold grudges these days. There was a user that slapped a bunch of chargebacks on us because he was expecting free DDOS Protection on one of the services.

We won every charge back, he screamed at us in ticket and called us everything he could. Few months later he came around, apologized, I kicked him some credit as a show of good faith (more than what he had charged back) and as far as I know he's quite happy, not an issue. Pays on time.

If the OP changes his mind down the road? The offer still stands and I'd also kick him those free months & backups we offered him originally.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Erisa dystopia

Who cares. Let's go go, 666 here we go.

edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

What a shitshow.

Popcorn.gif

As I see it I didn't interfere with any "beating." I spoke up about universal expectations of backups of VMs. It's not a topic I've ever been quiet on, I think it's rude to suggest that I should start being quiet on it just because I've been improperly accused of bias. The subject of backing up VMs applies everywhere. If you're not paying for it, don't expect it to be there. If that's bad advice, then good advice is the opposite which instead falsely educates customers.

All I said was you came in to bat for Fran. Calm down ROFL.

I agree, backups everywhere. It's not strictly OPs fault that Fran's test shat the bed before OP could take backups. Likewise, how was Fran to know OP wasn't backed up before the shit happened?

You seem to save your best words and insults for when I come into a thread, I'll take that as a compliment :)

I don't understand what about that post you quoted isn't calm or is insulting, but I apologize if you took it that way.

• Third LET cult: Team Stallion?

Thanked by 2default yoursunny
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

@Francisco said: I kicked him some credit as a show of good faith (more than what he had charged back) and as far as I know he's quite happy, not an issue. Pays on time.

Oh, chargeback you says? Screaming in ticket gives freeeeeeeeee monies?
    BRB.

On that screaming in tickets note give me a way to deposit money with card! I think it should be this month, but getting little annoying paying every month :P

• @Francisco said:
    If the OP changes his mind down the road? The offer still stands and I'd also kick him those free months & backups we offered him originally.

Francisco

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Thanked by 1default

@JabJab said: On that screaming in tickets note give me a way to deposit money with card! I think it should be this month, but getting little annoying paying every month :P

You can enroll in a paypal agreement.

If you've been with us for > 6 months (and or are premier status) then you can use Add Credit.

Francisco

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

@Francisco said: paypal agreement.

No. This only brings pain and suffering.

@Francisco said: If you've been with us for > 6 months (and or are premier status) then you can use Add Credit.

Yeah, I figured out of Discord after got boilerplate useless response from support.

• user37489user37489 Member
    edited November 2021

@Francisco said:

@JabJab said: HINT HINT: Before burning all the bridges first test all those Amazon Workspaces and Windows 365 - you have (limited?) vCPUs there (not dedicated like BuyVM) and it can turn out being slooooooow af. However if you use only it for Excel then maybe it can handle that.

There's no burned bridges, only burned NVMe's. - Sun Tzu

We very rarely hold grudges these days. There was a user that slapped a bunch of chargebacks on us because he was expecting free DDOS Protection on one of the services.

We won every charge back, he screamed at us in ticket and called us everything he could. Few months later he came around, apologized, I kicked him some credit as a show of good faith (more than what he had charged back) and as far as I know he's quite happy, not an issue. Pays on time.

Francisco

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." -Wu Tang

Given my negative experience with BuyVM, in what world will I ever trust you again to save my workspace?

My company reimbursed for the VPS anyway, so it doesn't matter how much it cost. You just can't be trusted, and all of us are going to move to a managed VPS host. So far it's between Amazon and Windows.

We were probably good customers for you too because of our low usage, no support, and always paid in advance...until you lost the only thing you were paid for, and didn't even tell me about so I had to find out on my own days later.

@JabJab said: No. This only brings pain and suffering.

If you're not premier, just PM me your email on here and I'll promote you.

@user37489 said: Given my negative experience with BuyVM, in what world will I ever trust you again to save my workspace?

Fair enough, all the best then.

Francisco

Definitely start with Amazon and see if it works. I'm about to throw my monitor against the wall on Win365. I could probably go buy a new one before a file menu opens.

• @JabJab said:

@jar said: If you're not paying for it, don't expect it to be there. If that's bad advice, then good advice is the opposite which instead falsely educates customers.

In MxRoute terms is the following:

Accounts are backed up frequently in case of hardware failure. Backups are not guaranteed and are provided as a courtesy.

In my opinion, this is way better than BuyVM. It can't even compare. Respect for @jar on this one.

Thanked by 2jar dahartigan
This discussion has been closed.