Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FranTech (BuyVM.net) loses all data - "FRIED NODE" - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FranTech (BuyVM.net) loses all data - "FRIED NODE"

1161718192022»

Comments

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@Nekki said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@angstrom said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@angstrom said:
    This is a bit off-topic, but @HalfEatenPie , are you related to @PieHasBeenEaten ?

No. He changed his username to that in 2016 shortly after I left this forum for a while.

I see: he intentionally chose that name as a play on yours.

Since then people have been mixing us up and some people assume he's me and I'm him. I was an admin at another vps forum though.

It's true that you haven't been so active here in recent years.

I also don't work in hosting anymore. vpsBoard and Catalyst was at the same time I was working on my Master's degree.

So what are you now a Master of?

Soon Doctor of Engineering.

What sort of job does a Doctor of Engineering do? Making Iron Man?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Nekki said:
    Nope, we’re going for the 666.

Hm... you became a member of the nigh sect... not you too!!!

{For what is worth, that 666 is meaningless. The number of apocalypse beast is written in letters, not actual Arabic Numerals.}

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2021

@default said:

@Nekki said:

{For what is worth, that 666 is meaningless. The number of apocalypse beast is written in letters, not actual Arabic Numerals.}

I’m nothing to do with that unimaginative bollocks. I just like the challenge.

666 is the Number of the Beast, Iron Maiden said so and I trust Bruce Dickinson far more than random scholars.

• @Nekki said:

@default said:

@Nekki said:

I’m nothing to do with that unimaginative bollocks. I just like the challenge.

666 is the Number of the Beast, Iron Maiden said so and I trust Bruce Dickinson far more than random scholars.

• The Volcano Burrito was a step too far.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited November 2021

The Volcano Burrito was a step too far.

666 type of hell fire?

• I too opted for tacos. It was great.

• @M66B said: 666 type of hell fire?

Nah, just too much food. The ring of fire comes 3-6 hours later, which unfortunately for me will be after I've gone to bed, so I might make a mess tonight.

• What if Karen spilled coffee on the server and Francisco was lying that the disks burned through the motherboard?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @Hotmarer said: What if Karen spilled coffee on the server and Francisco was lying that the disks burned through the motherboard?

Karen does not spill coffee.

• @Nekki said: Karen does not spill coffee.

What if she put the cup next to the server on rack and Francisco's cat knocked the cup off the rack and the coffee spilled out?

• @Francisco said:

@dahartigan said: He was paying $60/month for a VPS and if the legend is true then it would technically be managed on account of it being over $30/month, correct?

Managed != free backups. Backups are a paid addon for all plans, big and small.

Managed means a user can ticket and request help.

Backups were included with a "managed" Rackspace account some years ago. Though, it was a $450/mo dedicated server. Point being, backups were fully expected by us to be done by them simply because it was managed by them.

If a company called a local IT person to come in and "manage" a server for them, backups would be expected without specifically needing to mention it and covered with ongoing monthly service fee.

So your expectations and others may not agree on "managed" service.

• @Hotmarer said:

@Nekki said: Karen does not spill coffee.

What if she put the cup next to the server on rack and Francisco's cat knocked the cup off the rack and the coffee spilled out?

Karen does not allow cats to spill coffee.

• @Hotmarer said:
    What if Karen spilled coffee on the server and Francisco was lying that the disks burned through the motherboard?

Karen is a myth @Harambe is Karen.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @SirFoxy said:

@Hotmarer said:
    What if Karen spilled coffee on the server and Francisco was lying that the disks burned through the motherboard?

Karen is a myth @Harambe is Karen.

Nah, she’s Taylor Swift.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • @TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

@dahartigan said: He was paying $60/month for a VPS and if the legend is true then it would technically be managed on account of it being over $30/month, correct?

Managed != free backups. Backups are a paid addon for all plans, big and small.

Managed means a user can ticket and request help.

Backups were included with a "managed" Rackspace account some years ago. Though, it was a $450/mo dedicated server. Point being, backups were fully expected by us to be done by them simply because it was managed by them.

If a company called a local IT person to come in and "manage" a server for them, backups would be expected without specifically needing to mention it and covered with ongoing monthly service fee.

So your expectations and others may not agree on "managed" service.

Managed is another alternative definition to add to the list.

• @dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

@Hxxx said: Nodes hardware varies all the time, it doesnt mean is a test. @Francisco I just hate you used that word. It just gives cancer more sugar.

Sure, I usually try to be transparent on things and that'll bite me at times. We post pictures of builds, what software we use, how we build things, etc.

We'll get into discussions with other users on how to implement certain features (people have experience from their jobs, etc). Our community has a lot of amazing members.

@dahartigan said: What the fuck were you "testing" (your words my man) then?

NVMe throughput. Again, the onboard slots on the X470D4U boards are limited so you can't hit the full throughput of NVMe drives. Not sure how I'm embarrassing myself, i'm not the one claiming that there's companies that will reball flash chips in your datacenter.

Francisco

So why sell that to someone? Did you tell the customer that he would be getting put on a node that's going to underperform and is running in a configuration that will destroy the drive ultimately?

You're selling shit for the price of gold.

What about the other poor souls who had their servers on those drives who are too scared to come forward in this thread?

Dude, your ranting is showing your inexperience with computers and servers. Do you buy all your shit online and not run anything at home? You keep saying stuff to imply you don't and don't know what you're talking about.

Bifurcation cards would be used in enterprises far more than consumers using a server feature not found in consumer gear.

There's definitely things to complain about in this thread, but you've crossed irrationality so you can just be a cunt to Fran.

• @dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

@user37489 said: In return, the only thing I want is for this thread to dissuade at least one potential new customer from signing up to BuyVM.

May you never run into a spiteful host that returns such malice towards you in the forms of fraudlabs/fraudrecord/maxmind listings.

Francisco

On what grounds?

Being a spiteful cunt. Duh. He was told very early on there was a notification sent but for whatever reason he didn't get it. But he doesn't acknowledge this, and customers who refuse reality and replace with malice are no customers of mine and I'd tell that to anyone I cared about.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • Since it's shit on Fran day, BuyVM ate my cat, stole my cookies, and caused my house to start meowing.

Thanked by 1Bastion
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

So, your cat was consumed for a ritual, and its soul was infused with your house....

Your house is now a cat? That ain't necessarily a bad thing, is it? Sell the house to some scientist for lotta money.

Thanked by 2mike1s dahartigan
  • @mike1s said:
    Since it's shit on Fran day, BuyVM ate my cat, stole my cookies, and caused my house to start meowing.

Are you on meth?

Thanked by 2mike1s Bastion
  • @Nekki said:

@mike1s said:
    Since it's shit on Fran day, BuyVM ate my cat, stole my cookies, and caused my house to start meowing.

Are you on meth?

Nope, just bored.

• @cybertech said:
    calm yall tits yo, blame it all on the damn riser cable

Card, not cable.

• @mike1s said:

@Nekki said:

@mike1s said:

Are you on meth?

Nope, just bored.

Cool, I recommend trying meth.

• @Nekki said:
    I just want to share that I enjoy @jar's MXRoute service renewal emails.

'Pay if you want, it's OK, I'm not deleting anything for a while, take your time, have a nap, maybe smoke a nice cigar, there's no rush. Let the service expire if you want, it's all cool'.

Jar's wife: "Dafuq there's no rush. Pay the fucking invoice."

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @Nekki said:

@mike1s said:

@Nekki said:

@mike1s said:

Are you on meth?

Nope, just bored.

My cat tried it, BuyVM then proceeded to eat him.

• @mike1s said:

@Nekki said:

@mike1s said:

@Nekki said:

@mike1s said:

Are you on meth?

Nope, just bored.

Why the fuck did you let the cat have your meth?

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • @Nekki said:

@mike1s said:

@Nekki said:

@mike1s said:

@Nekki said:

@mike1s said:

Are you on meth?

Nope, just bored.

Why the fuck did you let the cat have your meth?

It wasn't my meth.

NONE OF THIS IS REAL, I AM SHITPOSTING

Thanked by 2Erisa dystopia
This discussion has been closed.