Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FranTech (BuyVM.net) loses all data - "FRIED NODE" - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FranTech (BuyVM.net) loses all data - "FRIED NODE"

Comments

• @Daniel15 said: When you buy a 15-year-old LowEndCar with 200,000 miles on it, you don't get any sort of warranty with it.

Exactly, this is why you get a Microsoft sales rep who accepts gift card payments. Surely they're doing a side hustle on extending your cars warranty.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@user37489 said: In return, the only thing I want is for this thread to dissuade at least one potential new customer from signing up to BuyVM.

May you never run into a spiteful host that returns such malice towards you in the forms of fraudlabs/fraudrecord/maxmind listings.

Francisco

• @user37489 said:
    Only thing I expected was RDP to continue working when I needed it, since I always paid my bills on time. Then when that failed, I expected BuyVM to notify me of a problem, instead of keeping silent and hiding it from me until I discovered it for myself when opening a support ticket.

So you didnt even set any monitoring on your vps....? Like using hetrixtools,uptimerobot,etc to monitor your server....

Perhaps,next you should set up some monitoring that support windows and you will be immediately notified if anything happens..rather than to wait for provider to notify you...

• @user37489 said:

BuyVM lost my VPS on Friday and didn't tell me, so when I needed it most on Sunday for work, RDP wouldn't connect and it caused me great pain.

Provider dont always notify their user immediately on any issues...some will only notify after it was resolved...that is why u also need to have your own monitoring ..

In return, the only thing I want is for this thread to dissuade at least one potential new customer from signing up to BuyVM.

Ouch....hope that wont also happen to you in the future...where someone unsatisfied with you on something not entirely your fault....

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @Francisco said:

@user37489 said: In return, the only thing I want is for this thread to dissuade at least one potential new customer from signing up to BuyVM.

May you never run into a spiteful host that returns such malice towards you in the forms of fraudlabs/fraudrecord/maxmind listings.

Francisco

On what grounds?

You talk some absolute bullshit sometimes Fran. You are obviously surrounded by "yes men" and aren't used to getting called out often..

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Whats going on , 16 pages already ?
    @Francisco , offer a premium service (jut include automated backup by default) which clearly stats that you have backups, this one is without backups.

• @user37489 said:
    Status in VPS control panel shows online = VPS actually offline

If what you said is true, then there might be something that @Francisco should look into....perhaps some bugs that didnt update the status correctly...

Otherwise,it might be a browser issue or you misslook it as being online...

@Saahib said: @Francisco , offer a premium service (jut include automated backup by default) which clearly stats that you have backups, this one is without backups.

It's there, just....pick it at checkout. Backups have been a thing since last year. Along side Snapshots. OP didn't use either.

In the end this'll probably just make me think up some way to do weekly snapshots for those that opt into it. We get enough users that don't want them that 'enabled by default' will flip them off.

Still, I've spent the better part of the day redesigning our backups systems to see what can be done without having to keep multiple PB of data on hand.

@dahartigan said: On what grounds?

People literally report users for 'not paying invoices'. It's bullshit, but it still lights up a users order. Karen sees it all the time and then has to spend her time reading it over and asking who each host is.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

On what grounds?

You talk some absolute bullshit sometimes Fran. You are obviously surrounded by "yes men" and aren't used to getting called out often..

Did you forget yourself? You and your buddy that sends bomb threats, assuming it's not just two personalities of one person, are pretty loud. Weird to assign no value to it.

edited November 2021

@Shamli said: Otherwise,it might be a browser issue or you misslook it as being online...

Only time I've ever seen a 'stale status' is when I leave a tab alone for a few hours and the javascript stops running (i'm guessing Brave pauses it).

The user stated he logged in meaning there was nothing stale on his end, and nothing is cached on our end. A user can read the .js for the page and see the timer call that hits manage, which then pings the node for information every 5 seconds.

Having prometheus keep track of it would be much much faster, but that statistic isn't used, only stored for the time being.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • @stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:
    Based on this post and the past ones, how come I instantly think that you are behind those defaming frantech emails. The writing attitude seems similar even when the typing does not.

We should really have a new drama thread for this, but tinyweasel's has shown the maturity of a 16-year old, but his English is too old fashioned (for the lack of a better word) and indicative more of a 30-year old, the same as dahartigan. Both @dahartigan and tinyweasel are Australian. Hmmm....

You're putting these pieces together too quickly, I highly suggest backing down on it if your account can be connected to your identity in any way.

Yeah, nobody wants be a subject of some lunatic's emails afterall. Besides thinking it now, no way dahartigan would be so stupid with his otherwise clever/snappy responses. Its fun to speculate though. Who among the "haters" it really is?

It's fun to dismiss it as speculation, but both dahartigan and tinyweasel also have this "dislike" of MJJs which makes them invest significant time and effort. The former visits hostloc and likes to read up on the latest anorectal disease affecting them, the latter set up underserver with one of the stated goals being to catch MJJs and monitor their behaviour.

I really don't know what to make of it. And if the bomb threats and claims about Fran being a pedo can be sent in a veiled manner; what's the harm in doing so?

Thanked by 3jar dahartigan dystopia
  • @Francisco said:

@Saahib said: @Francisco , offer a premium service (jut include automated backup by default) which clearly stats that you have backups, this one is without backups.

It's there, just....pick it at checkout. Backups have been a thing since last year. Along side Snapshots. OP didn't use either.

In the end this'll probably just make me think up some way to do weekly snapshots for those that opt into it. We get enough users that don't want them that 'enabled by default' will flip them off.

Still, I've spent the better part of the day redesigning our backups systems to see what can be done without having to keep multiple PB of data on hand.

People literally report users for 'not paying invoices'. It's bullshit, but it still lights up a users order. Karen sees it all the time and then has to spend her time reading it over and asking who each host is.

Francisco

Ahh "Karen" huh? Riiight..

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

On what grounds?

Did you forget yourself? You're pretty loud. Weird to assign no value to it.

I don't do it often, and there are only a few people willing to go up again the franboi army (including yourself, you're his muscle, I get how this works)

Thanked by 1default

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:
    Based on this post and the past ones, how come I instantly think that you are behind those defaming frantech emails. The writing attitude seems similar even when the typing does not.

We should really have a new drama thread for this, but tinyweasel's has shown the maturity of a 16-year old, but his English is too old fashioned (for the lack of a better word) and indicative more of a 30-year old, the same as dahartigan. Both @dahartigan and tinyweasel are Australian. Hmmm....

You're putting these pieces together too quickly, I highly suggest backing down on it if your account can be connected to your identity in any way.

Yeah, nobody wants be a subject of some lunatic's emails afterall. Besides thinking it now, no way dahartigan would be so stupid with his otherwise clever/snappy responses. Its fun to speculate though. Who among the "haters" it really is?

It's fun to dismiss it as speculation, but both dahartigan and tinyweasel also have this "dislike" of MJJs which makes them invest significant time and effort. The former visits hostloc and likes to read up on the latest anorectal disease affecting them, the latter set up underserver with one of the stated goals being to catch MJJs and monitor their behaviour.

I really don't know what to make of it. And if the bomb threats and claims about Fran being a pedo can be sent in a veiled manner; what's the harm in doing so?

At the very least, they know each other outside of these forums.

• @jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

IRC count as outside these forums? That's the extent. You know that.

edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

On what grounds?

I don't do it often, and there are only a few people willing to go up again the franboi army (including yourself, you're his muscle, I get how this works)

You keep saying things like that but it just proves that you can't read. My entire purpose in this thread was to help educate end users about the importance of not assuming that backups are made of VMs at any provider, regardless of price. Keep trying to twist that into me being someone's "muscle" but until you can read, what you write isn't worth much.

If my purpose was biased then the opposite of my advice must be true. It's not, unless you like lying to users just to justify a point.

edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

Whatever, tell it to the cops. Not my problem.

• @jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

On what grounds?

You keep saying things like that but it just proves that you can't read. My entire purpose in this thread was to help educate end users about the importance of not assuming that backups are made of VMs at any provider, regardless of price. Keep trying to twist that into me being someone's "muscle" but until you can read, what you write isn't worth much.

Why do you feel it's your responsibility to "educate" or rather mansplain everything for Fran? I assume he's a big boy..

• @Francisco said:

@Shamli said: Otherwise,it might be a browser issue or you misslook it as being online...

Only time I've ever seen a 'stale status' is when I leave a tab alone for a few hours and the javascript stops running (i'm guessing Brave pauses it).

The user stated he logged in meaning there was nothing stale on his end, and nothing is cached on our end. A user can read the .js for the page and see the timer call that hits manage, which then pings the node for information every 5 seconds.

Having prometheus keep track of it would be much much faster, but that statistic isn't used, only stored for the time being.

Francisco

If status change were logged,than it would strongly fight(is it right word?) against op remark that says it is different on his side...

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

On what grounds?

Why do you feel it's your responsibility to "educate" or rather mansplain everything for Fran? I assume he's a big boy..

So you're so negatively biased against the provider in question that you're now trying to make a claim that there's no value in teaching users? My entire career has been support, of fucking course I want to help teach people. What in the world hurt you so badly that you would take the position that this is bad? Are you seriously that fucked up?

• @jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

If you genuinely believe that, then sincerely fuck you Jarland.

If you're playing then "hah"

Thanked by 1jar
    edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

Right back at you. Everything you do here is negative and bad for community. I can't even offer sound advice to people without you popping up and losing your fucking mind and dragging a thread out for multiple pages about how fucking mad you are. So seriously, fuck you.

You couldn't give one fuck if someone leaves here with knowledge. It's always about you and your fucking bias. Shut the fuck up already.

• @jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

Right back at you. Everything you do here is negative and bad for community. I can't even offer sound advice to people without you popping up and losing your fucking mind and dragging a thread out for multiple pages about how fucking mad you are. So seriously, fuck you.

Jesus dude, sorry you feel that way.

Thanked by 1default

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

Maybe stop being a fucking prick for one god damn second of your fucking life and I'll feel differently. It's always about you, fucking YOU. I want to help people, you just want to shit on everything. Every time. Why in the fuck are you so fucking miserable?

• @jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

Maybe stop being a fucking prick for one god damn second of your fucking life and I'll feel differently. It's always about you, fucking YOU. I want to help people, you just want to shit on everything. Every time. Why in the fuck are you so fucking miserable?

You need to calm the heck down dude, Jesus.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

Says the datacenter bomber.

Also, @jar simply stating your observations as fact and avoiding any questions (why are you so miserable etc.) lowers the chance that the aggressor would try to dismiss your observations as "feelings". In this case, you can clearly see it at play :joy:

Thanked by 2jar dahartigan

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

Look in the fucking mirror! Who needs to calm the fuck down? You lose your ever loving mind in every one of these god-damned threads. You make shit up like me telling people not to expect DigitalOcean to have backups if they don't pay for them is somehow me shilling for Fran. You're so fucking blinded by blind hatred, you see red everywhere, you can't fucking interpret one fucking post to save your life.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur wdmg
  • Going from should've done a backup, to needing to back up.

• WREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanked by 3Erisa gazmull wdmg

Fuck BuyVM. Fuck snapshots. Fuck Fran. Fuck Hartigan. Fuck his imaginary friend that sends bomb threats.

I will be here every goddamn day taking every opportunity to try to teach people how to navigate this industry, I will give my server configs freely to anyone and tell them how to make what puts food on my table. Every day I will be right fucking here, and if you don't like it, kiss my ass.

• @jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

Look in the fucking mirror! Who needs to calm the fuck down? You lose your ever loving mind in every one of these god-damned threads. You make shit up like me telling people not to expect DigitalOcean to have backups if they don't pay for them is somehow me shilling for Fran. You're so fucking blinded by blind hatred, you see red everywhere, you can't fucking interpret one fucking post to save your life.

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck. Dude. Give advice all you like. Fuck. Like I care.

I can still have my opinion, right?

This discussion has been closed.