Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FranTech (BuyVM.net) loses all data - "FRIED NODE" - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FranTech (BuyVM.net) loses all data - "FRIED NODE"

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@woteti said: The whole thread stems from a feeling of trust/reliance that was not honored.

And that's fair, I've done my best to apologize to the OP for the hardship. I offered credits, backups going forward. In the end he wanted a refund and got it.

I only started to kick back once he kept saying we were being sneaky. Logs proved that was a lie though.

Francisco

• @stevewatson301 said:

@dahartigan said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@Hxxx said: @dahartigan FYI, using risers is normal.

@dahartigan and @default are just butthurt about Fran pointing out some inconvenient truths in the cociu saga and are continuing this thread, not because they have a point, but just because they can.

Regular maintenance activity going bust is more common than someone might think.

Nah, I know that you know my beef is with providers attacking other providers - and if they don't do that, they don't expose themselves to the same.

If someone is a spelling nazi, they need to watch their spelling on everything they type or get called out... it's more along those lines.

I'm yet to see a fuckup on that scale, which is a whole datacenter getting involucrated without communication and replacement.

We know that it really wasn't, they just reduced the business "footprint" by a whole lot and giving the appearance of issues was a ruse to prevent people from asking service credit as refunds. If your man @cociu was a bit honest, you know, you wouldn't have to have providers point out these inconvenient truths to you.

I see your point, I know you see mine too, neither of us will agree with each other, so can we double our distance?

• @Hxxx said:
    @user37489 great, so now we can move on and close the thread. Thanks! Best of luck and make sure you have a recovery plan in place.

Yes, please delete thread

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Hxxx said:
    @stevewatson301 Makes sense.

Nope. @cociu is not here. BuyVM is not related to @cociu. @stevewatson301 just wants to derail the thread because ... #StallionGang

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Francisco said:

@jsg said: A propos "clumsy wording": How about apologizing to dahartigan? You treated - and threatened - him far worse than OP (to whom you threw cookies) but AFAIK you didn't follow up on those legal threats.

As for Haritgan, oh my friend, that's where you're wrong :) If only you knew.

So, they have internet in jails cells where @dahartigan is living? Me having doubts ...

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@jsg said: So, they have internet in jails cells where @dahartigan is living? Me having doubts ...

Yes, it's called NBN.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@woteti said: The whole thread stems from a feeling of trust/reliance that was not honored.

And that's fair, I've done my best to apologize to the OP for the hardship. I offered credits, backups going forward. In the end he wanted a refund and got it.

I only started to kick back once he kept saying we were being sneaky. Logs proved that was a lie though.

Francisco

Your logs proved nothing, and you pushing back against it calling me bs'ing just shows me how bad you really are

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @user37489 said:

@woteti said:
    The whole thread stems from a feeling of trust/reliance that was not honored.

Unfortunately, there are still some things in this world I can' trust a commercial vendor for and they are (non-exhaustive list) backup, replication, encryption, and asset/wealth management. Not for any amount of money.

I've lost data with AWS and Linode and if it was up to them, I would have nothing to recover my data from (I had my own replication so it's all good).

Yes you're completely right. I just feel like an idiot for trusting them.

You should also read some of the Azure/AWS service issues before going over to them. I'd be surprised though if you receive detailed communication regarding issues, usually it's "Between X:XX-Y:YY, we experienced an issue with service Z which has been resolved and the service is operating normally/please follow these steps to recover your data". Don't expect the level of transparency that you received here.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • @dahartigan - I want to come to your jail too if you have internet in there.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Hey dipshit... This would've been a non issue if you simply ran Veeam on your VM to either S3, Backblaze or some other provider. Stop being stupid and blaming Fran for your own idiocy. Hardware has issues. I've seen AWS/Azure instances totally fail and lose data. It happens.

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • lol spicy, what is going on...

• @default said:

@Hxxx said:
    @stevewatson301 Makes sense.

Nope. @cociu is not here. BuyVM is not related to @cociu

And where have I said that BuyVM is related to cociu?

@default said: @stevewatson301 just wants to derail the thread because ... #StallionGang

Not even a BuyVM customer, but whatever, the butthurt is really showing.

• If anyone on here is going to jail, it's going to be @Francisco way before it'll ever be me, so relax ;)

• user37489user37489 Member
    edited November 2021

@mike1s said:
    Hey dipshit... This would've been a non issue if you simply ran Veeam on your VM to either S3, Backblaze or some other provider. Stop being stupid and blaming Fran for your own idiocy. Hardware has issues. I've seen AWS/Azure instances totally fail and lose data. It happens.

Yes thank you, I'm now doing something similar to your suggestions

I still take the position that BuyVM is an unreliable, bad host, and that most people on this forum have one of the most serious cases of stockholm syndrome ever witnessed.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited November 2021

@user37489 said:
    Yes you're completely right. I just feel like an idiot for trusting them.

Anyways, thanks to some recommendations from people here, I've now got external backups of new Windows VPS.

Welcome to your first day on LET? Be thankful he’s at least answering you. Next provider you use is more likely to deadpool :D.

Thanked by 1Hxxx

@Francisco said:

@jsg said: So, they have internet in jails cells where @dahartigan is living? Me having doubts ...

Yes, it's called NBN.

BS. The simple truth is that you've lost your cool back then. No big deal, we are humans and humans sometimes just aren't rational. But if you want to be taken seriously you either show us evidence that you really initiated legal steps against him - or you apologize. Just keeping it simmering in a pot may seem to be convenient but will explode in your face sooner or later.
    If it's too hard to do it publicly do it at least in private via PM. @dahartigan saying that it's settled would be good enough for us.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@mike1s said:
    Hey dipshit... This would've been a non issue if you simply ran Veeam on your VM to either S3, Backblaze or some other provider. Stop being stupid and blaming Fran for your own idiocy. Hardware has issues. I've seen AWS/Azure instances totally fail and lose data. It happens.

Lets try to not name call please. OP's sorted at this point, and has veeam/whatever setup for his future stuff. The silver lining in the end.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jsg
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited November 2021

@user37489 said: Turns out, no one needed to steal anything when your cheap NVMe drives will just fail on their own.

Hardware dies... I've literally had 6 month old enterprise NVMe disks FROM DELL fail.

• @mike1s said:

How much stuff do you rent from Fran? Full disclosure.. The only providers sticking up for him like this are his customers.

Thanked by 1ShihabSoft
  • @Francisco said:

@mike1s said:

Lets try to not name call please. OP's sorted at this point, and has veeam/whatever setup for his future stuff. The silver lining in the end.

Francisco

Okay :smile: I'll behave..

@user37489 said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Your logs proved nothing, and you pushing back against it calling me bs'ing just shows me how bad you really are

(a) his logs are way better than your yadda yadda
    (b) you do not have a screenshot ("evidence" in your universe).

Let it rest. Enjoy your new VPS (but make external backups anyway!) and simply do what you've announced, leave (this thread).

• @dahartigan said:

@mike1s said:

How much stuff do you rent from Fran? Full disclosure.. The only providers sticking up for him like this are his customers.

I have 2 slices, all are backed up to my own rack, my house, along with AWS and backblaze. I'm not "sticking up" for Fran. You know me very well, I'll call anyone out if they deserve it. Hardware fails, Fran makes no guarantee in regards to backups/data loss. It's clearly on the customer to have backups of some sort. If he paid Fran for backups and Fran lost both the node his slice was on, AND the backup server, I'd be singing a different tune.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @default said: @dahartigan - I want to come to your jail too if you have internet in there.

If you got the right hookups and enough koolaid packets, you can get anything in jail.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @jsg said:

@Francisco said:

Yes, it's called NBN.

BS. The simple truth is that you've lost your cool back then. No big deal, we are humans and humans sometimes just aren't rational. But if you want to be taken seriously you either show us evidence that you really initiated legal steps against him - or you apologize. Just keeping it simmering in a pot may seem to be convenient but will explode in your face sooner or later.
    If it's too hard to do it publicly do it at least in private via PM. @dahartigan saying that it's settled would be good enough for us.

I'd be happy with an apology from @Francisco in PM, I will let him save face and won't make him grovel in public. I won't even mention if it happens.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @dahartigan said:
    If anyone on here is going to jail, it's going to be @Francisco way before it'll ever be me, so relax ;)

Chill. However when you (or anyone) say enough things -in bad faith- to get a company annoyed, usually a cease and desist letter come your way. Then things escalate if things gets aggravated. In summary you just can't expect to be able to talk shit and not get into a legal issue nowadays, is pretty normal.

I wish this place was more positive.
    Wiiiii positivity!

• Am I the only one in here with caramel popcorn sitting and refreshing the page?

• CheepCluckCheepCluck Member
    edited November 2021

@dahartigan said: I'd be happy with an apology from @Francisco in PM, I will let him save face and won't make him grovel in public. I won't even mention if it happens.

If it would help, I can offer apologies as a third party in a public forum - free of charge. No upcharges here! All you need to do is let me know how many koolaid packets you got.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@KermEd said:
    Am I the only one in here with caramel popcorn sitting and refreshing the page?

It's a fun distraction from log audits.

• @CheepCluck said:

@dahartigan said: I'd be happy with an apology from @Francisco in PM, I will let him save face and won't make him grovel in public. I won't even mention if it happens.

If it would help, I can offer apologies as a third party in a public forum - free of charge. No upcharges here! All you need to do is let me know how many koolaid packets you got.

15 packets of orange and 5 packets of blue.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited November 2021

@jar said:

@KermEd said:
    Am I the only one in here with caramel popcorn sitting and refreshing the page?

It's a fun distraction from log audits.

Agreed! I’m very much avoiding work right now :D

Thanked by 3Hxxx jar Erisa
This discussion has been closed.