Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FranTech (BuyVM.net) loses all data - "FRIED NODE" - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FranTech (BuyVM.net) loses all data - "FRIED NODE"

Comments

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2021

Fuck. I get it @jar. Fran is your bud and this whole thing looks terrible for him and you are frustrated because the words I'm saying aren't conducive to what would suit you both. Sorry/not sorry?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:
    Based on this post and the past ones, how come I instantly think that you are behind those defaming frantech emails. The writing attitude seems similar even when the typing does not.

We should really have a new drama thread for this, but tinyweasel's has shown the maturity of a 16-year old, but his English is too old fashioned (for the lack of a better word) and indicative more of a 30-year old, the same as dahartigan. Both @dahartigan and tinyweasel are Australian. Hmmm....

You're putting these pieces together too quickly, I highly suggest backing down on it if your account can be connected to your identity in any way.

Yeah, nobody wants be a subject of some lunatic's emails afterall. Besides thinking it now, no way dahartigan would be so stupid with his otherwise clever/snappy responses. Its fun to speculate though. Who among the "haters" it really is?

It's fun to dismiss it as speculation, but both dahartigan and tinyweasel also have this "dislike" of MJJs which makes them invest significant time and effort. The former visits hostloc and likes to read up on the latest anorectal disease affecting them, the latter set up underserver with one of the stated goals being to catch MJJs and monitor their behaviour.

I really don't know what to make of it. And if the bomb threats and claims about Fran being a pedo can be sent in a veiled manner; what's the harm in doing so?

At the very least, they know each other outside of these forums.

IRC count as outside these forums? That's the extent. You know that.

Whatever, tell it to the cops. Not my problem.

If you genuinely believe that, then sincerely fuck you Jarland.

If you're playing then "hah"

Right back at you. Everything you do here is negative and bad for community. I can't even offer sound advice to people without you popping up and losing your fucking mind and dragging a thread out for multiple pages about how fucking mad you are. So seriously, fuck you.

Jesus dude, sorry you feel that way.

Maybe stop being a fucking prick for one god damn second of your fucking life and I'll feel differently. It's always about you, fucking YOU. I want to help people, you just want to shit on everything. Every time. Why in the fuck are you so fucking miserable?

You need to calm the heck down dude, Jesus.

Look in the fucking mirror! Who needs to calm the fuck down? You lose your ever loving mind in every one of these god-damned threads. You make shit up like me telling people not to expect DigitalOcean to have backups if they don't pay for them is somehow me shilling for Fran. You're so fucking blinded by blind hatred, you see red everywhere, you can't fucking interpret one fucking post to save your life.

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck. Dude. Give advice all you like. Fuck. Like I care.

I can still have my opinion, right?

Try not being a miserable fuck for 15 minute and maybe your opinion will start to have some value. Have all the opinions you want, stop fucking lying about me. Learn to read. If I want to teach someone how to navigate the industry, get the fuck off my dick and let me.

@dahartigan said:
    Fuck. I get it @jar. Fran is your bud and this whole thing looks terrible for him and you are frustrated because the words I'm saying aren't conducive to what would suit you both. Sorry/not sorry?

My god you're still so fucking stupid you can't even understand a damn thing. How do you function? Fuck Fran and fuck you.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:
    Based on this post and the past ones, how come I instantly think that you are behind those defaming frantech emails. The writing attitude seems similar even when the typing does not.

We should really have a new drama thread for this, but tinyweasel's has shown the maturity of a 16-year old, but his English is too old fashioned (for the lack of a better word) and indicative more of a 30-year old, the same as dahartigan. Both @dahartigan and tinyweasel are Australian. Hmmm....

You're putting these pieces together too quickly, I highly suggest backing down on it if your account can be connected to your identity in any way.

Yeah, nobody wants be a subject of some lunatic's emails afterall. Besides thinking it now, no way dahartigan would be so stupid with his otherwise clever/snappy responses. Its fun to speculate though. Who among the "haters" it really is?

It's fun to dismiss it as speculation, but both dahartigan and tinyweasel also have this "dislike" of MJJs which makes them invest significant time and effort. The former visits hostloc and likes to read up on the latest anorectal disease affecting them, the latter set up underserver with one of the stated goals being to catch MJJs and monitor their behaviour.

I really don't know what to make of it. And if the bomb threats and claims about Fran being a pedo can be sent in a veiled manner; what's the harm in doing so?

Right back at you. Everything you do here is negative and bad for community. I can't even offer sound advice to people without you popping up and losing your fucking mind and dragging a thread out for multiple pages about how fucking mad you are. So seriously, fuck you.

Maybe stop being a fucking prick for one god damn second of your fucking life and I'll feel differently. It's always about you, fucking YOU. I want to help people, you just want to shit on everything. Every time. Why in the fuck are you so fucking miserable?

Look in the fucking mirror! Who needs to calm the fuck down? You lose your ever loving mind in every one of these god-damned threads. You make shit up like me telling people not to expect DigitalOcean to have backups if they don't pay for them is somehow me shilling for Fran. You're so fucking blinded by blind hatred, you see red everywhere, you can't fucking interpret one fucking post to save your life.

Try not being a miserable fuck for 15 minute and maybe your opinion will start to have some value. Have all the opinions you want, stop fucking lying about me. Learn to read. If I want to teach someone how to navigate the industry, get the fuck off my dick and let me.

I don't have an issue with you outside of any Fran related conversation. Add Fran in the mix and you go apeshit at me.

Thanked by 1default
  • @dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

"Opinion" is too generous to describe your behaviour; believing in a flat earth or that the whole world is out to get you are only "opinions" if we include disingenuous misrepresentation of fact in that definition.

Thanked by 4jar skorous Erisa wdmg
  • Wanna take it to PM jar? No need to be the next let drama

edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

I don't have an issue with you outside of any Fran related conversation. Add Fran in the mix and you go apeshit at me.

Add Fran to the mix and YOU go ape shit on ME. You can't even read my fucking posts, you just pop up to accuse me of the same fucking crime every goddamn time. Get the fuck off my dick and learn to read.

Unless you can tell me that it's bad advice to tell people not to expect their VMs to be backed up if they're not paying for it specifically, then you can't accuse me of shit. And if you can reach the conclusion that this is bad advice, you're way too fucking biased. That's the only expectation that meets reality across the industry.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Erisa
  • calm yall tits yo, blame it all on the damn riser cable

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dahartigan said:
    Wanna take it to PM jar? No need to be the next let drama

No, it needs to be public. LETers want to know!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • This is a public garden, so please continue.
    I personally find that the airing of grievances followed with a round of feets of strength is really the best bonding anyone can do.

Thanked by 2dahartigan dystopia
  • @dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

Just be cool man...dont unnecessarily make others angry...it is good that you have said what your want to said...it is free speech...but it doesnt mean you can freely make people upset/angry....

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Okay I've calmed my tits.

Jar I think there was a misunderstanding, sorry for that. You're a good dude, a good friend to your friends. I respect that.

We need to go back to shaming OP for no backups.

Thanked by 3jar Shamli dystopia

@Shamli said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

Just be cool man...dont unnecessarily make others angry...it is good that you have said what your want to said...it is free speech...but it doesnt mean you can freely make people upset/angry....

That's the entire purpose of his account on this forum. Literally nothing else.

• @jar said:

@Shamli said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

Aw dude cmon, cease fire?

• @jar said:

@Shamli said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said:

You forgot shilling for the purple sugardaddy.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    edited November 2021

@dahartigan said:
    Okay I've calmed my tits.

Jar I think there was a misunderstanding, sorry for that. You're a good dude, a good friend to your friends. I respect that.

Thank you. I'm done then. My points reiterated:

Hardware failures can happen anywhere, and if you're not paying for backups don't expect them to exist.

It's provider agnostic, my points. It's the summary of every post I've made in this thread prior to you jumping on me. It's far more motivated by my previous jobs than my feelings about the host in question.

• LETS ALL GO GET WAFFLES!

• I wan claim teh freebie.

• @edoarudo5 said:
    I wan claim teh freebie.

17 pages of top-quality content and your only contribution is to ask for a handout, twice. Truly the worst of LET.

• @jar said:

@dahartigan said:

Hardware failures can happen anywhere, and if you're not paying for backups don't expect them to exist.

It's provider agnostic, my points. It's the summary of every post I've made in this thread prior to you jumping on me. It's far more motivated by my previous jobs than my feelings about the host in question.

I'll agree and add that we all need to do our part about somehow teaching people about backups and the OP is a good example of an opportunity to educate people on that and importantly how to do it.

Windows though, ew.

Thanked by 2jar tux

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

I'll agree and add that we all need to do our part about somehow teaching people about backups and the OP is a good example of an opportunity to educate people on that and importantly how to do it.

Windows though, ew.

You know the next thread with BuyVM in the title I'm tagging you in each post to request your review of each comment, for the purpose of ensuring that my post was properly objective.

• @jar said:

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

Windows though, ew.

You know the next thread with BuyVM in the title I'm tagging you in each post to request your review of each comment, for the purpose of ensuring that my post was properly objective.

ROFL. "For quality assurance purposes, this thread is being monitored.."

Thanked by 3jar CheepCluck Erisa
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited November 2021

@jar said:
    My entire career has been support … I want to help teach people.

I just wanted to say, you are literally the only reason I stopped being so mad at Digital Ocean. Because I saw how hard you tried to be helpful and understand my point of view. When I lost my credits I was primed to burn the place down. But, because of the support you provided (customer, not even technical, just personal support) you fundamentally changed my opinion and stance. You are good at what you do and you make the world a better place for it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that.

@KermEd said: Anyway, I just wanted to share that.

<3 thanks, I needed that

Thanked by 2Xrmaddness Erisa
  • I just want to share that I enjoy @jar's MXRoute service renewal emails.

'Pay if you want, it's OK, I'm not deleting anything for a while, take your time, have a nap, maybe smoke a nice cigar, there's no rush. Let the service expire if you want, it's all cool'.

Thanked by 4jar skorous Erisa wdmg
  • Let's all push @Francisco for some punishment - like BF coupon for free backup 'FRIENDNODE' or 20% off on services?!

• @jar said: "Note that Romania has laws agains all the illegal activities just like US, including copyright. Is not the Dracula's country or no man's land as you thought." - Random email from someone I don't know, about nothing I've done or said

i can;t even read eread this as im tuping, so forget auto selling ro auitocrrect,'

yolo

Thanked by 1jar
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited November 2021

All I have to say is...

Some people have tighter buttholes for $60 than a contract I'm working on with Microsoft and their Azure AI/ML team worth significantly more (entire project is worth more than a few mil).

Sure shit happened in certain areas and data loss actually has happened where we had to do redo a period's worth of work. But people recognize that we can always improve our workflow and sometimes, Murphy can get the better of us. We just bitch, sigh, and then pick up the pieces and move on (after reviewing how we can improve our methods to mitigate this from happening again).

What I'm saying is that the money doesn't matter. Sometimes, shit happens. It sucks for the customer and it also sucks for the host. I don't think anyone's really laughing with glee in this situation, and people expect some "high and air-tight" solution. I literally had to send a guy at Microsoft a hard drive physically for the stupidest reasons that would not satisfy most people on LET.

Either decide to rebuild in a productive way (collaboratively or not) or just don't. Most people aren't trying to cause you headaches. If their work isn't your cup of tea, then so be it. But doing it to be a dick or to "get revenge when they wronged you" or other X, Y, or Z reason doesn't really do much besides being a dick to another person.

Just take the path of least resistance. It's easier to be nice and get around it than to bitch and point fingers at the worst of times. Shit's happened, you're going to have to redo the work anyways. Bitching about it doesn't help the team (in this case, your hosting company is part of your team).

I stopped reading after a while because... why can't we all just be friends?

This discussion has been closed.