Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• @dahartigan at least people know- when you recommend something- it goes on the avoid list

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@databoss - Opinions are free, but not mandatory. Therefore I respect your opinion, even though I think otherwise.

• @default - so is it dead or are you waiting for @jsg to tell you what to write and think?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@databoss said:
    @default - so is it dead or are you waiting for @jsg to tell you what to write and think?

My opinion has not changed from my previous comment.

@default said:
    Some services are still up. Website is still up. HostSolutions is alive! The end is NOT nigh.

• @databoss said:
    @dahartigan at least people know- when you recommend something- it goes on the avoid list

Okay @SCAM_DONT_BUY rereg ;)

• defaultdefault Veteran

@dahartigan - What is the status of that lawsuit?

• @default said:

The status is that I've heard nothing more about it. I assume Fran has calmed down, the Miami heat most likely affected his thinking.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@dahartigan said:

@default said:

The status is that I've heard nothing more about it. I assume Fran has calmed down, the Miami heat most likely affected his thinking.

So you're trying to say he is not a man of his word? Or that he does not have the balls? No. I refuse to think a reputable provider of LET might actually be a liar. That's inconceivable.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@default said: So you're trying to say he is not a man of his word? Or that he does not have the balls? No. I refuse to think a reputable provider of LET might actually be a liar. That's inconceivable.

If you are going to try slag a man, at least have the stones to tag him: @Francisco

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@dahartigan said:

@default said:

No, I still very much intend on what I said. Yes, I’ve been up to my ears with a pile of things so I’ve not got as far as I’ve liked.

Lots of projects that only I can complete since it’s either coding or hardware projects. The anynode stuff is crazy involved.

Edit - fixing grammar.

Francisco

• @default said:

@dahartigan said:

@default said:

So you're trying to say he is not a man of his word? Or that he does not have the balls? No. I refuse to think a reputable provider of LET might actually be a liar. That's inconceivable.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in this sentence yourself right now?

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • @Francisco said:

@dahartigan said:

@default said:

No, I’m still very much intend on what I said. Yes, I’ve been up to my ears with a pile of things so I’ve not got as far as I’ve liked.

Lots of projects that only I can complete since it’s either coding or hardware projects. The anynode stuff is crazy involved.

Francisco

Understandable, priorities and such. Be sure to let @default know of any updates lol

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

@dahartigan said:

@default said:

No, I’m still very much intend on what I said. Yes, I’ve been up to my ears with a pile of things so I’ve not got as far as I’ve liked.

Francisco

Understandable, priorities and such. Be sure to let @default know of any updates lol

You can if you like as they come :) I have no reason to.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

@dahartigan said:

@default said:

Francisco

Francisco

Well you are the one running around saying you are gonna sue me, so it's on you to update the crowd.

• @Francisco said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

@dahartigan said:

@default said:

Francisco

Francisco

Mr. I'm going to keep things private except I'm going to publicly post about it first, L.

Mr. free speech host but I'm going to sue someone for words, L.

Mr. Canadian trying to sue an Australian, L.

Mr. I got emotional and won't back track, L.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Maounique
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@databoss said:
    It's not dead until @dahartigan @jsg @Maounique and @default say its dead. So, don't worry - be happy - It's all just a misunderstanding. @jsg is cociu just getting his needed IPs elsewhere along with his drives and his servers. After all it just takes time doesnt it. Since he has 255 IPs working he is not dead yet is he- or because yours and the ones you have "access" to are dead you finally concede he is dead it water and using Paypal to fund chargebacks rather than his own cash?

Depends on the perspective. Formally a provider with still a /24 up and nodes running is not dead. Otoh though, compared to what HS once was not much is left, so one would not be totally off considering HS (almost) dead.
    More importantly though IMO the fact that @cociu still seems to not have refunded any significant part of all his victims strongly suggests that he is either financially broken or indeed a fraudster; probably (IMO) without the intention to defraud customers but still, at the end of the day fraud is fraud, no matter whether intended or not.

That said. I always provided correct and up to date data ("x out of y working") and - unlike you - have no interest whatsoever to abuse this thing for a deranged version of "fun" or gleefully bashing someone who is on the floor already, so kindly keep me out of your primitive dirty games.

• can someone show the lawyer letter, it will be interesting to see

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited July 2021

If you look at things too literally, like @jsg and myself (and others can tend to) then you could easily argue that if something is still moving it's not dead.

I think in context, and with consideration to how loose words can be used in this forum, the majority seem to agree that the definition of dead would be something that's wounded.

The majority say HS is dead, they are right.
    The minority say HS is alive, they are also right.

Everyone will agree that HS is dead when the website is offline for good and there are no traces of anything left (ie recent deadpool hotlineservers)

Until then, let us all continue to argue ;)

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@serv_ee said:

@default said:

@dahartigan said:

@default said:

Do you not see the hypocrisy in this sentence yourself right now?

• @dahartigan said:
    If you look at things too literally, like @jsg and myself (and others can tend to) then you could easily argue that if something is still moving it's not dead.

I think in context, and with consideration to how loose words can be used in this forum, the majority seem to agree that the definition of dead would be something that's wounded.

The majority say HS is dead, they are right.
    The minority say HS is alive, they are also right.

Everyone will agree that HS is dead when the website is offline for good and there are no traces of anything left (ie recent deadpool hotlineservers)

Until then, let us all continue to argue ;)

which provider is hostsolutions website on, I want that VPS the uptime 100.00%

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • edited July 2021

Almost zero uptime within 60 days.. dead since 14 May 2021.. no refound.. no tikets response.. dead horse..

Actualy the servicces dead since January when they have issue with IPv4 45.xx prefix internet performance..

@jsg said: That said. I always provided correct and up to date data ("x out of y working")

I would say that that if we could chart their status over the last two months, the curve is heading downward and the slope is growing steeper. It won't be long before it crosses the 0 axis.

@raindog308 said:

@jsg said: That said. I always provided correct and up to date data ("x out of y working")

I would say that that if we could chart their status over the last two months, the curve is heading downward and the slope is growing steeper. It won't be long before it crosses the 0 axis.

Looks like it, yes. But still, occasionally severely ill patients come back to live. Otoh refunding his victims and getting a say /22 again (and potentially some equipment he may have sold) probably is more than he can do (financially). Plus, of course, he lost virtually everybody's trust.

@jsg said: But still, occasionally severely ill patients come back to live.

If...

...@cociu can pay his datacenter bill (if that is a genuine debt)
    ...pacify all of the chargebacks and resolve the impact on his payment processors
    ...find enough capital to re-IP and restock hardware

...then he can be back in business. He'll find plenty of customers because there are tons who shop purely on price and don't consider reputation. He may be dead on LET but there are other outlets where he'll find customers.

However, it seems to me all three of these are tall orders.

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

Before this HS shit show, I’d portray jsg in my mind as a intelligent guy with some kind of twisted persistent personality. He could be a little bit awkward to get along with sometimes but overall a great guy.

Now I just feel he’s a random unemployed keyboard fighter on the Internet. Even sex would be boring when you had too much of it.

@raindog308 said:

@jsg said: But still, occasionally severely ill patients come back to live.

If...

...@cociu can pay his datacenter bill (if that is a genuine debt)
    ...pacify all of the chargebacks and resolve the impact on his payment processors
    ...find enough capital to re-IP and restock hardware

...then he can be back in business. He'll find plenty of customers because there are tons who shop purely on price and don't consider reputation. He may be dead on LET but there are other outlets where he'll find customers.

However, it seems to me all three of these are tall orders.

Yep, that roughly matches my own view.

@Kiwi83

Smart men usually talk about visions and ideas,normal men usually talk about everyday matters and idiots usually talk about other people (and particularly dumb idiots even presume that their gossip and "I feel this or that way" has any significance to homo sapiens). Have a nice day.

Thanked by 2default AlwaysSkint
  • @Kiwi83 said:
    Before this HS shit show, I’d portray jsg in my mind as a intelligent guy with some kind of twisted persistent personality. He could be a little bit awkward to get along with sometimes but overall a great guy.

Now I just feel he’s a random unemployed keyboard fighter on the Internet. Even sex would be boring when you had too much of it.

Jsg is insanely intelligent, if it doesn't fit your narrative so be it.

Thanked by 1default
  • @SirFoxy said:

@Kiwi83 said:

I can fully agree on the insane part.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
    edited July 2021

@notarobo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Thank you. What would really worry me were if people like you suddenly liked me.

@SirFoxy said:

Thank you very much for the compliment, really, but I think it's an exaggeration. And please forgive me for not clicking "thanks" but accepting that compliment would feel grossly immodest to me.

• @jsg said:

@notarobo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Thank you. What would really worry me were if people like you suddenly liked me.

I'm actually worried people like you thank such a comment. but you do you.