Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• alvinalvin Member
    edited July 2021

@Francisco said:

@alvin said: I wonder if anyone still expecting the server will resume?

I don't think many do. As someone said, Terra's likely due to go down once the prepay has run out.

What's the running tally of HS triggered paypal refunds and not chargebacks? I think there was maybe 1 on LES? Or maybe that was an account credit.

A handful of people have reported getting automatic account credits, but that doesn't mean a lot if the business has nothing to sell.

Francisco

One month ago, I expecting the so-called refund or restoration. :'( However, my ticket has not received any response or even deleted. Tmr should be the second month of the server down. I have decided to appeal through PayPal and I believe that @Cociu did not actively refund the affected users.

One more thing, The client area page is DEAD

• PixelsPixels Member

@brueggus said:

@Pixels said: as their billing panel is gone

...including the account credit refunds for storage plans... <3

I want to exchange my account credit for servers from olx.ro, is that possible??

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Pixels said:

I want to exchange my account credit for servers from olx.ro, is that possible??

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Pixels said:
    @jsg can we now say that HS is officially dead as their billing panel is gone, or did the drive on that server go on vacation too?

I tend toward 'yes' but let's give it a day or two. It wouldn't be unheard of of HS bringing something down due to changing some config or similar.

• @jsg said:

@Pixels said:
    @jsg can we now say that HS is officially dead as their billing panel is gone, or did the drive on that server go on vacation too?

I tend toward 'yes' but let's give it a day or two. It wouldn't be unheard of of HS bringing something down due to changing some config or similar.

Billing & Panel involucrated too..

Thanked by 2webcraft iKeyZ
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

wow

@alvin said:

@Francisco said:

@alvin said: I wonder if anyone still expecting the server will resume?

I don't think many do. As someone said, Terra's likely due to go down once the prepay has run out.

What's the running tally of HS triggered paypal refunds and not chargebacks? I think there was maybe 1 on LES? Or maybe that was an account credit.

A handful of people have reported getting automatic account credits, but that doesn't mean a lot if the business has nothing to sell.

Francisco

One month ago, I expecting the so-called refund or restoration. :'( However, my ticket has not received any response or even deleted. Tmr should be the second month of the server down. I have decided to appeal through PayPal and I believe that @Cociu did not actively refund the affected users.

One more thing, The client area page is DEAD

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2021

@chocolateshirt said:

@jsg said:

@Pixels said:

[image]

Putting that image there may tell something about you but certainly not about me.

Why btw. is it so important that I agree with you (and some others here)? Hey, no matter what I think and say you are free to trust your own view.

One thing though won't happen: I will not, no matter what, blindly follow you or bow to a (presumed) majority. I will have my own evaluation and follow that.

The new data point 'HS site down' doesn't change a lot for me because HS being HS that can have diverse reasons. Should the site still be down after 2 days I'll take "HS is going belly up" to be the most likely hypothesis.
    Also let me state clearly that it's utterly futile and wrong to assume or imply that I have any interest in defending HS / @cociu. I do not. I've lost one small storage box and some credit (I'll survive both) as well as a test VPS, which isn't bad for me but for cociu.

Btw, certain people here feeling superior to me and smarter amuses me greatly, honestly. Please by all means go ahead.

• defaultdefault Veteran

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @jsg said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@jsg said:

@Pixels said:

[image]

Putting that image there may tell something about you but certainly not about me.

Why btw. is it so important that I agree with you (and some others here)? Hey, no matter what I think and say you are free to trust your own view.

One thing though won't happen: I will not, no matter what, blindly follow you or bow to a (presumed) majority. I will have my own evaluation and follow that.

The new data point 'HS site down' doesn't change a lot for me because HS being HS that can have diverse reasons. Should the site still be down after 2 days I'll take "HS is going belly up" to be the most likely hypothesis.
    Also let me state clearly that it's utterly futile and wrong to assume or imply that I have any interest in defending HS / @cociu. I do not. I've lost one small storage box and some credit (I'll survive both) as well as a test VPS, which isn't bad for me but for cociu.

Btw, certain people here feeling superior to me and smarter amuses me greatly, honestly. Please by all means go ahead.

But before was- oh he's getting IPs elsewhere blah blah blah. Your friend/colleague lost 7 boxes- guess that isn't a concern of yours, even though you persistently said you had access to them. Now it doesnt fit the argument. Face it, cociu is selling it out to the bare walls - so when the transit provider goes to court he can say zero assets, zero cash, large liability - we have nothing. Now its all about the datapoints blah blah. I get it you have to ride the horse until its dead. It's the path you took in the discussion long ago. HS is dead, same as it was over a month ago. For you saying give it a day or 2 is a fucking joke. It's over

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2021

@databoss said: .. same as it was over a month ago.

Dead = Finis, kaput, mort, final stop, no return etc.
    That wasn't the case, back then, much as many thought/expressed/wished/fought it to be.
    (Limbo is debatable ;) )

Thanked by 2Maounique tux
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@AlwaysSkint said:

That wasn't the case, back then, much as many thought/expressed/wished/fought it to be.
    (Limbo is debatable ;) )

Death is also debatable, because everything transforms, including energies. Nothing actually dies.

Maybe this cheap caterpillar slowly went into cocoon, to rise again as a beautiful butterfly, unlike anything the world has ever seen before.

Meanwhile... Norway is still up. Website is also up. Maybe, just maybe, this provider is not dead yet.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • PixelsPixels Member

@default said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

(Limbo is debatable ;) )

Death is also debatable, because everything transforms, including energies. Nothing actually dies.

Maybe this cheap caterpillar slowly went into cocoon, to rise again as a beautiful butterfly, unlike anything the world has ever seen before.

Meanwhile... Norway is still up. Website is also up. Maybe, just maybe, this provider is not dead yet.

Yes, transforms into a new scam. My bank has issued a chargeback, I'll know what happens in 45 days.

• databossdataboss Member
    edited July 2021

@default save your philosophical bull for the next time a company implodes on here.

Every time one blows up - remember its temporary, they will be back, its a misunderstanding, if only he can get IPs, if only he can find a transit provider to get going again, he's a good person, yes he has quirks, he's incapable of using paypal to refund money - but hey every provider on here has mental anguish of clicking refund. Its no big deal, paypal will cover it, crypto out of luck why did you use it? You paid for multiple years- you fool. etc etc etc.

Just remember the same arguments every time a company implodes

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Pixels said:

Yes, transforms into a new scam. My bank has issued a chargeback, I'll know what happens in 45 days.

So now even people with active service in Norway went for chargeback?

• That's right boys 104 proof, straight up, fuckin' wasted.

• PixelsPixels Member

@default said:

@Pixels said:

I don't have any services in Norway, but if I had any I'd have filed a chargeback eons ago. @cociu doesn't give me any reason to trust him nor his business, so I don't trust my money with him.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

I don't have any services in Norway, but if I had any I'd have filed a chargeback eons ago. @cociu doesn't give me any reason to trust him nor his business, so I don't trust my money with him.

So how would you justify a chargeback for an active service?

• PixelsPixels Member

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

Ignoring support requests and a 404 WHMCS seems enough for me.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

WHMCS is down today. You stated "eons ago". So you would chargeback an active service just because some people complain on a forum about support. Good to know, this says a lot about trust in you.

• The embers still glow, in this once raging fire. Many were burnt it seems and some masochistic enough to enjoy the pain of what was an inevitable outcome.
    (Tongue firmly in cheek.)

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2021

@default said: Death is also debatable, because everything transforms, including energies. Nothing actually dies.

Agree somewhat with the first bit but not the second.
    Energy must dissipate somewhere, according to our known understanding of physics. Some poor soul is screaming at me now.

• vedranvedran Veteran

And this year's "understatement of the year" award goes to ...

@default said:
    just because some people complain on a forum

Thanked by 2webcraft BlaZe
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@vedran said:
    And this year's "understatement of the year" award goes to ...

@default said:
    just because some people complain on a forum

you missed the "active service" part.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@default said:

Active doesn't mean usable. If there is a real chance your service won't be there tomorrow very few people will have any use of it.

• PixelsPixels Member
    edited July 2021

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

WHMCS is down today. You stated "eons ago". So you would chargeback an active service just because some people complain on a forum. Good to know, this says a lot about trust in you.

An active service waiting to go down. Again: why should I trust a provider that goes radio silent while his whole business is crashing down? These are facts, not made up chit-chat from a forum.

I expect the provider to answer to tickets in a timely manner, or at least to provide information on how they are addressing the outage. If none is given, red flags arise.

I have services with different providers from here (with a perfect track record) that haven't given me any reasons to file a chargeback because they actually deliver what they promise and they are not opaque when problems arise.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@vedran said:

@default said:

Active doesn't mean usable. If there is a real chance your service won't be there tomorrow very few people will have any use of it.

OK. So you can predict future. I guess you also cancel active services based on what others say on a forum. In my opinion you can't be trusted either.

• PixelsPixels Member

@default said:

@vedran said:

@default said:

OK. So you can predict future. I guess you also cancel active services based on what others say on a forum. In my opinion you can't be trusted either.

Could you care to explain why should we trust the provider if it goes radio silent, please?

• yermakyermak Member

HostSolutions Down ! HostSolutions Down !

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

WHMCS is down today. You stated "eons ago". So you would chargeback an active service just because some people complain on a forum. Good to know, this says a lot about trust in you.

An active service waiting to go down.

This is not fact, this is speculation. It's not down.

Again: why should I trust a provider that goes radio silent while his whole business is crashing down? These are facts, not made up chit-chat from a forum.

These are facts which affect some people, but not active services. They affected customers are the ones who should chargeback if they do not have an active service and there is no understanding between parties.

I expect the provider to answer to tickets in a timely manner, or at least to provide information on how they are addressing the outage. If none is given, red flags arise.

If your service is disrupted, yes. But I stated "active service". I assume no disruption. If you have problems with an active service and no support, yes: chargeback.

I have services with different providers from here (with a perfect track record) that haven't given me any reasons to file a chargeback because they actually deliver what they promise and they are not opaque when problems arise.

I refuse to comment on other providers, but same thing applies for active services.

If you chargeback an active service working great, just because some people complain, you can't be trusted. Period.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@vedran said:

@default said:

Could you care to explain why should we trust the provider if it goes radio silent, please?

This is not about trust. You can't chargeback based on trust. If the service is active and working now and for a few months (assuming it's an yearly offer), you should not chargeback. Chargeback is done only if the service is down and there is no communication between provider and customer.