Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• PixelsPixels Member

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@vedran said:

@default said:
    you missed the "active service" part.

Active doesn't mean usable. If there is a real chance your service won't be there tomorrow very few people will have any use of it.

OK. So you can predict future. I guess you also cancel active services based on what others say on a forum. In my opinion you can't be trusted either.

Could you care to explain why should we trust the provider if it goes radio silent, please?

This is not about trust. You can't chargeback based on trust. If the service is active and working now and for a few months (assuming it's an yearly offer), you should not chargeback.

It is all about trust. You are trusting the provider to keep your data safe and you expect them to deliver what they promise.

If it is not about trust, I'll go and sign up for a storage VPS from a summerhost. I am sure the level of service will be the same as the level of service you should expect from a trusted provider.

• vedranvedran Veteran

Ship is sinking, decks 1-5 are completely submerged, water is on deck 6 and only deck 7 is still dry. No one from the crew can be found anywhere.

People on deck 7: this ship is still moving, there is no reason to believe it won't reach the port, we can't abandon the ship based on screams we hear from the lower decks, it's speculation.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@vedran said:

@default said:

Active doesn't mean usable. If there is a real chance your service won't be there tomorrow very few people will have any use of it.

OK. So you can predict future. I guess you also cancel active services based on what others say on a forum. In my opinion you can't be trusted either.

Could you care to explain why should we trust the provider if it goes radio silent, please?

This is not about trust. You can't chargeback based on trust. If the service is active and working now and for a few months (assuming it's an yearly offer), you should not chargeback.

It is all about trust. You are trusting the provider to keep your data safe and you expect them to deliver what they promise.

Service is active in this case. Trust is here and now backed up by facts. Speculation about future. If you predict future, you can't be trusted. But we both know is not about predicting future, it's about acting like a sheep and going where the herd goes. So again: you can't be trusted because you don't evaluate the service "as is" right now.

If it is not about trust, I'll go and sign up for a storage VPS from a summerhost. I am sure the level of service will be the same as the level of service you should expect from a trusted provider.

Feel free to go wherever. But if you have a working service... you can't quite complain.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@vedran said:
    Ship is sinking, decks 1-5 are completely submerged, water is on deck 6 and only deck 7 is still dry. No one from the crew can be found anywhere.

People on deck 7: this ship is still moving, there is no reason to believe it won't reach the port, we can't abandon the ship based on screams we hear from the lower decks, it's speculation.

Speculation is about what will happen in future. Speculation is not about now. We don't know what the crew does to solve the problem, because we do not have access to that information.

What we do know is that the boat took some water, and not that it's actually sinking. The affected people below decks assume that boat is sinking because they are affected by water + they heard people from other ships making speculations about this ship + they heard even someone from coast guard saying uncomfortable things about the captain; so now affected people act desperately, and jumped out, which is understandable in such case.

But the boat is still moving, slower, but moving.

• StrypStryp Member
    edited July 2021

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@vedran said:

@default said:

Please show me a summerhost with packages that have similar parameters and do not cost 3x as much.

1 core, 1 TB disk, 1 GB RAM, 10 TB bandwidth at 1Gbps, $1.63 per month.

I would gladly prepay for 3 years again. Because if the service goes down after just 8 months, I will still save money compared to any other host.

• PixelsPixels Member
    edited July 2021

@Stryp said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@vedran said:

@default said:

Please show me a summerhost with packages that have similar parameters and do not cost 3x as much.

1 core, 1 TB disk, 1 GB RAM, 10 TB bandwidth at 1Gbps, $1.63 per month.

I would gladly prepay for 3 years again. Because if the service goes down after just 8 months, I will still save money compared to any other host.

Not even summerhosts are that stupid to provide unsustainable offers.

@yoursunny this guy needs an Antarctica storage VPS.

Thanked by 2yoursunny BlaZe
  • alvinalvin Member

Alright...
    Official Website Gone..

• @Stryp said: summerhost

Well, if Hostdoc is a summerhost, so is Hostsolutions.

@Pixels said: I would gladly prepay for 3 years again.

False advertising is fine, right? Providers, take note.

@default said: What we do know is that the boat took some water

"Some water"... after shrinking its operation to a single IP range, being 100k EUR in debt, selling off all assets on OLX, refund in form of service credit which has been involucrated, and of course the lying... yeah. If you're trying to be convincing whatever you're doing is not enough.

• LeviLevi Member

Someone is on hard reality denial. I guess @william will put the end on this after interview. Any eta on that?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@LTniger said: Someone is on hard reality denial. I guess @william will put the end on this after interview. Any eta on that?

I actually PM'd him yesterday to start discussion about it...been busy with other things but yes, it's in the works.

Anything in particular you think I should ask him?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@raindog308 said:

• LeviLevi Member

@raindog308 said:

@LTniger said: Someone is on hard reality denial. I guess @william will put the end on this after interview. Any eta on that?

I actually PM'd him yesterday to start discussion about it...been busy with other things but yes, it's in the works.

I would like to know why he lied to us like we are one of his sisters? Doesn't this community deserve a tiny bit of respect?

• @default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@default said:

@vedran said:

@default said:

Service is active in this case. Trust is here and now backed up by facts. Speculation about future. If you predict future, you can't be trusted. But we both know is not about predicting future, it's about acting like a sheep and going where the herd goes. So again: you can't be trusted because you don't evaluate the service "as is" right now.

Feel free to go wherever. But if you have a working service... you can't quite complain.

If your vendor refuses to answer tickets and in fact admits to deleting all of them and their support admits to resigning, then guess what- you aren't getting what you paid for. @default you can make up any BS you want - HS didn't provide what they said they would. Even on the 256 active IPs. You are just trying to gaslight everyone

Thanked by 3Pixels iKeyZ dystopia
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@databoss said:

If your vendor refuses to answer tickets and in fact admits to deleting all of them and their support admits to resigning, then guess what- you aren't getting what you paid for. @default you can make up any BS you want - HS didn't provide what they said they would. Even on the 256 active IPs. You are just trying to gaslight everyone

Thank you for your input. I respect your opinion. But now is the time to send questions to @cociu - so please ask him what you need (read above). My opinion no longer matters anyway. Now something more important is happening.

If you have questions for @cociu - ask. It seems staff gathers information for interview.

• @default Oh so now you are trying to avoid all the bullshit you spewed into this thread.

• PixelsPixels Member

Yes, I am eagerly waiting for @cociu to give shed a light and give some input about what is going on.

* takes some more popcorn *

• defaultdefault Veteran

@databoss said:
    @default Oh so now you are trying to avoid all the bullshit you spewed into this thread.

I thanked you earlier. I take that back. Feel free to think whatever you want. I simply consider what is happening more important than my speculations and opinions.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@LTniger said: I would like to know why he lied to us like we are one of his sisters? Doesn't this community deserve a tiny bit of respect?

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I'm interviewing @William . We interviewed Marius from HS last year. Unfortunately, Marius is not answering me any more than he is anyone else.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2021

@raindog308 said: Sorry if I wasn't clear - I'm interviewing @William

That's how I read it. Thought I was really senile there. ;) (Couldn't understand subsequent comments!)

• edited July 2021

Main HS Web (https://hostsolutions.ro) and NS Web (https://netsilvania.com) are involucrated too..

Thanked by 2webcraft dahartigan
  • @chocolateshirt said:
    Main HS Web (https://hostsolutions.ro) and NS Web (https://netsilvania.com) are involucrated too..

RIP

• @chocolateshirt said:

Probably the bill with Hetzner is overdue.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2021

@zafouhar said:

@chocolateshirt said:

RIP

Probably Hetzner server is going down the drain (88.198.25.70) due to non-payment.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

Well, I guess I was wrong and Francisco right :) (and many others for that matter).
    It might be a case of self-fulfilling prophecy, I mean, remember that anecdote:

Person X is accused of killing person Y and found guilty by the court.
    They serve the 20 years then go and produce in front of the court the supposed victim.
    After it is proven that person is indeed, Y, he kills them. What should the court do?

I think he really wanted to solve the problem but after all this BS he considered it is not worth it.
    Maybe I am wrong, nobody can know what someone else thinks, either way, good job to all providers which needed this.
    And good luck, too, they will need it.

Thanked by 3pike vedran default
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited July 2021

@default Now what? Is he moving everything?

Fucking dumbass.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited July 2021

@Maounique said: after all this BS he considered it is not worth it.

Maybe if you're such a softie who needs to be cajoled and uplifted through motivational speeches to correct a fuck-up that's your doing, you shouldn't be in business.

@Maounique said: good job to all providers which needed this.

How many refugee offers did we see again?

You keep spewing this weird conspiracy that other providers needed HS to go away, but honestly, there is no common ground between the use cases one would use HS for, compared to another provider. HS is for your cheap seedbox that you don't care if it's up or down (for the most part), but you can't move a production workload to HS.

• At this point @terrahost should just say what's up to keep people from signing up to avoid getting scammed.

• So... what a surprise heh
    Have @cociu posted in this 13-page long thread?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited July 2021

Any BGP experts around here? Can anyone confirm if the IP ranges with Terrahost have been involucrated too?

Edit: Shodan tells me there are 246 IPs active and traceroutes still go to Terrahost, so maybe not just yet. (@default will be overjoyed :tongue:)