Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• @notarobo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    Before this HS shit show, I’d portray jsg in my mind as a intelligent guy with some kind of twisted persistent personality. He could be a little bit awkward to get along with sometimes but overall a great guy.

Now I just feel he’s a random unemployed keyboard fighter on the Internet. Even sex would be boring when you had too much of it.

Jsg is insanely intelligent, if it doesn't fit your narrative so be it.

I can fully agree on the insane part.

Jsg doesn't have social skills, but he does have intelligence. He could run laps around 90% of LET, I feel like the Jsg translator.

• @jsg IS a high intelligence individual however there are deficits in his ability to inject emotion into his thought process to make it relatable to average folks - and he ends up looking crazy.

It's like trying to convince a Christian that Jesus is a fairy tale..

• @dahartigan said:
    @jsg IS a high intelligence individual however there are deficits in his ability to inject emotion into his thought process to make it relatable to average folks - and he ends up looking crazy.

It's like trying to convince a Christian that Jesus is a fairy tale..

Wait...so a boat full of animals X2 isn't real?

• LeviLevi Member

So, if the Borta will sell his last 256 IPs does this will bear the line where standard deadpool kick-in and fanatics with all their giberish accept reality?

• @LTniger said:
    So, if the Borta will sell his last 256 IPs does this will bear the line where standard deadpool kick-in and fanatics with all their giberish accept reality?

No, I believe their site hosted on Hetzner still active..

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2021

@dahartigan said:
    @jsg ... however there are deficits in his ability to inject emotion into his thought process to make it relatable to average folks - and he ends up looking crazy.

Simple reason: I don't care about that, about how I look to people I do not care about the opinion of people whose opinion on me are completely irrelevant and utterly subjective. But that's no problem because there is absolutely no shortage of people injecting emotion (and plenty of it) to make what they say relatable to average folks. In fact, most people most of the time only or mainly aim for looking good, nice, easy going etc. to others.
    The problem with that is that nature doesn't give a damn. Nature e.g. knows 2 genders, not 1 nor 72 but 2, period, no matter whether people feel that to be nice or not.Politicians, on the other end of the scale, live from how people feel about them, so they happily smile when it seems opportune while deranged idiots call their biological gender "assigned" and treat it as if it were irrelevant while only what they feel to be their gender is important.If however someone tells them that (s)he doesn't give a flying f_ck about their "felt" (~imaginary) gender, then that feeling suddenly is deemed unacceptable.

The facts of this whole @cociu clusterf_ck are that we do not know cociu's intentions (neither back then nor now) , that we do not know his financial situation, that we do not know what's actually going on there in Oradea, that we do not know cociu's plans - ergo we do not have a basis to judge him and the situation.

All we can say is that most of his (former) network as well as his nodes don't work and that he behaves like an a__hole and likely has psychological issues. Plus we can reasonably assume that HS is almost dead. Why? Because, as @raindog308 aptly stated, the data points so far suggest a downwards spiral and because the means, efforts and resources needed to stop that evolution and to go upwards are very much higher than those needed to continue downwards.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited July 2021

@jsg Actually nature knows 3 genders. The 3rd one happens very rarely but it ain't no apache helicopter shit either.

This has nothing to do with the topic on hand tho. Lol

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @chocolateshirt said:
    No, I believe their site hosted on Hetzner still active..

Was it always on Hetzner? Cociu didn't reply, closes/deletes my tickets so i chargeback through PayPal and escalated issue and got $100 back. I felt really bad cause i never chargeback to anyone.

@serv_ee said:
    @jsg Actually nature knows 3 genders. The 3rd one happens very rarely but it ain't no apache helicopter shit either.

I'll cut that short: the biological gender is the really and relevant gender (as opposed to "assigned") and what people feel to be their gender is utterly irrelevant (besides the feeling and imaginations of those people).

Thanked by 2default AlwaysSkint
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

I'll cut that short: the biological gender is the really and relevant gender (as opposed to "assigned") and what people feel to be their gender is utterly irrelevant (besides the feeling and imaginations of those people).

You put more accent on reality, and how things are. This denotes intelligence for analytical thinking of what things are, and what they are not. Period. This type of thinking and observance makes you absolutely shine for your job in security.

However, when it comes to socializing, things are not like that. People want to dream, they like to think they can bend and change the world, including their own gender. You are not opposing their thinking, you actually oppose their dreams which are the most relevant aspects for their subjective plans.

This is that type of discussion where you don't disregard the human as a being, but you simply don't accept something imaginary, which in turn is perceived as offensive by the emotional limbic system of the other party.

I deeply appreciate your thinking. I also like math and fixed reality. But let's not forget number Pi is infinite, while protons and neutrons and quarks move randomly inside the nucleus of an atom, so reality is not that cold as we might realistically think about it. This incomprehensible knowledge plus emotion gives us the drive to try and change things and evolve; so if some people want to change their own gender sure we don't care, but we must look like we care, for their own feeling of happiness inside their limbic system, which in turn denotes care from our part.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Megamind(2010) gave us Hal, one of the best movie villains ever.

Oh, I'm not on topic?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@vimalware said:
    Megamind(2010) gave us Hal, one of the best movie villains ever.

Oh, I'm not on topic?

Hey, it's ok.

HS/cociu-related threads brings the community together, regardless if it's on or off topic :)

Thanked by 1default
    edited July 2021

@default said:
    However, when it comes to socializing, things are not like that.

I do not socialize in the usual sense (e.g. carelessly, with whomever I happen to meet). I select with whom I choose to have closer contacts and how far that goes.

People want to dream, they like to think they can bend and change the world, including their own gender. You are not opposing their thinking, you actually oppose their dreams which are the most relevant aspects for their subjective plans.

No, I neither oppose them nor their dreams. I oppose their trying to serve their dreams as a fact to me.

This is that type of discussion where you don't disregard the human as a being, but you simply don't accept something imaginary, which in turn is perceived as offensive by the emotional limbic system of the other party.

If the other person perceives me as offensive just because I don't accept their dream or imaginations as fact, then that person has a problem, not me and I don't care (neither do I "missionize" them).
    Their having dreams and imaginations doesn't disturb me, but I will definitely refuse to address a biological male as as a female ("she/her/..."). Why? Because that would mean that I give in to him/her trying to force something upon me. Won't happen.

I deeply appreciate your thinking. I also like math and fixed reality. But let's not forget number Pi is infinite, while protons and neutrons and quarks move randomly inside the nucleus of an atom, so reality is not that cold as we might realistically think about it. This incomprehensible knowledge plus emotion gives us the drive to try and change things and evolve; so if some people want to change their own gender sure we don't care, but we must look like we care, for their own feeling of happiness inside their limbic system, which in turn denotes care from our part.

I don't mind emotions or imaginations. I mind someone deriving rules or demands on me based on his/her dreams, emotions, or imaginations.

Feel, dream, imagine whatever you like but do not dare to make demands or rules based on your feelings, imaginations, or dreams. Everyone has the right to feel, dream, and imagine whatever he/she pleases, but others and I have rights, too, e.g. the right to not be influenced by their dreams, imaginations, or feelings unless I want to.

P.S. "quarks and 'random'". Careful there, the attribute random is often applied to something we simply don't know the mechanisms of. In crypto pseudo-random that is, constructed not-really-random is omnipresent, yet you'd have a hard time to recognize the mechanisms and factors (e.g. seeds). I'm in fact quite confident that some day we'll know enough to recognize that quanta are not really random.

Thanked by 1default
  • This is getting way too "hippy" now.

Why should anyone care about another person's dream? Dream all you want but don't force that on others. Simple as that. And as jsg said, if you feel offended by that, it's your problem.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@serv_ee said:
    This is getting way too "hippy" now.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Well at least his "colleague" is still actively selling stuff :joy:

He should be here instead, there's more action here than on olx.

• LeviLevi Member

@thedp said:
    Well at least his "colleague" is still actively selling stuff :joy:

He should be here instead, there's more action here than on olx.

When you parcel out company inventory, you must be active or debt collectors will take everything after bancruptcy.

• Yeah, everything.

• alvinalvin Member

I wonder if anyone still expecting the server will resume? :*

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@Francisco said: No, I still very much intend on what I said.

Monday (TM).

I am also waiting the link to the post where I said BuyVM is the CP capital of the world "or whatever".

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@alvin said: I wonder if anyone still expecting the server will resume?

I don't think many do. As someone said, Terra's likely due to go down once the prepay has run out.

What's the running tally of HS triggered paypal refunds and not chargebacks? I think there was maybe 1 on LES? Or maybe that was an account credit.

A handful of people have reported getting automatic account credits, but that doesn't mean a lot if the business has nothing to sell.

Francisco

edited July 2021

@Francisco said: but that doesn't mean a lot if the business has nothing to sell.

We need to decide:
    1. Bash him for having products on sale (which can also be bought with credit - see ryzen offer and others) OR
    2. Bash him for giving credit which cannot be used on anything.

Once again, I have no dog in the fight, I just hate injustice and exaggeration when the reality is already dire enough to satisfy all haters.

Thanked by 2default jsg
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Maounique said: We need to decide:

1. Bash him for having products on sale (which can also be bought with credit - see ryzen offer and others) OR
    2. Bash him for having credit which cannot be used on anything.

He only has Norway online on a single /24, unless he intends to do NAT services he'll have a hard time fitting 3000+ users in there.

As of now some people got account credit, not refunds.

Account credit != refunds. Can we agree on this at least? He stated specifically refunds.

Francisco

@Francisco said: As of now some people got account credit, not refunds.

Account credit != refunds. Can we agree on this at least? He stated specifically refunds.

I classify chargebacks as refunds (people got their money back of which at least some probably got the money back for already provided services-I know those people dealing in "no DMCA" stuff-and cociu is not blameless for attracting that crowd).
    We have no proof nobody got a refund, but I give you the point, it is highly likely that is the truth (willing refund).
    Also, I have made that point when he had way more services online. The fact you were right after that does not change the reality at that point.

• LeviLevi Member

@Maounique said:

@Francisco said: As of now some people got account credit, not refunds.

I classify chargebacks as refunds

Even jsg or timbo was not so delusional. Please very carefully read what is "chargeback", atleast in paypal world.

• elixirelixir Member

https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/clientarea.php?language=en

now results in a 404!

Norway server still up FYI...

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • xaocxaoc Member

This dude is not coming back as HS/NS. The stupidity and blindness, in this thread, are astonishing.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • PixelsPixels Member

@elixir said:
    https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/clientarea.php?language=en

now results in a 404!

Norway server still up FYI...

This is what I was going to say. My bank asked for proof that I tried to contact with the seller, and now the page is gone. I guess the only thing left is the email that WHMCS sends automatically when creating a ticket.

@jsg can we now say that HS is officially dead as their billing panel is gone, or did the drive on that server go on vacation too?

• defaultdefault Veteran

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Pixels said: as their billing panel is gone

...including the account credit refunds for storage plans... <3