Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member

@Francisco said: You got a test VM at some point in the last 2 - 3 months. Is it showing in WHMCS?

Can't be that old.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JabJab said: Can't be that old.

OK so @jsg's test VM should be still in the DB since I think he got it in May? Maybe it was June.

Francisco

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2021

@databoss said:
    Your friend/colleague lost 7 boxes- guess that isn't a concern of yours, even though you persistently said you had access to them. Now it doesnt fit the argument.

My friend and colleague makes his decisions and I make mine and we both live with the consequences. As for the boxes my concern isn't so much whose boxes they are/were but whether they were/are reachable.

Face it, cociu is selling it out to the bare walls

That's BS. Without knowing what and how much hardware @cociu owns and is selling and to whom, we know next to nothing. Example: companies often shift assets from one to the other, e.g. for tax reasons. Example 2: what if cociu had amassed devices for potential growth, new locations whatever and now sold much of that due to focussing on repairing/keeping afloat his main location.

so when the transit provider goes to court he can say zero assets, zero cash, large liability - we have nothing.

... and end up in jail because selling a companies assets, let alone a dying companies, into another pocket is a crime.

@chocolateshirt said:
    Main HS Web (https://hostsolutions.ro) and NS Web (https://netsilvania.com) are involucrated too..

I just checked. whois says that M. Borta still is the owner of 45.14.148.0/22 - but he seems to not BGP announce it for some reason.
    Also I can reach both the HS web site and the panel, so it seems my guess was about right and the interruption was due to them changing some config or server or whatever. Classical HS it seems.

@databoss said:
    Let's all give it a day or two - because @jsg says so. It's all a misunderstanding. Cociu is reorganizing things and everything will be functioning in a day or two. Don't worry, be happy. Sure...

(a) I didn't say 'everything', I was talking about web site and panel
    (b) So sorry but I was right. Both web site and panel are up again

@Francisco said:
    @jsg could you help test the WHMCS database 'age' for us?

You got a test VM at some point in the last 2 - 3 months. Is it showing in WHMCS?

I have something even better (older), my 3 year storage deal: It's still in the panel.

Thanked by 1default

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:
    I'll cut that short: the biological gender is the really and relevant gender (as opposed to "assigned") and what people feel to be their gender is utterly irrelevant (besides the feeling and imaginations of those people).

Why would you say that? They're (those seeking reassignment surgery) literally and loudly clearly disagree with you. Happiness and mental health of themselves means a fuck of a lot more to them than your bigotry.

I didn't say otherwise. They are of course free to believe and imagine whatever they please - but that doesn't make it real.

I was born with a given name but I go by my middle name. IMO, it suits me better. Why should we get to change the name that we go by but people can't change how they think and feel inside?

Read again what you just wrote. I'll help you, you wrote "I was born with a given name but ..." (emphasis mine). A name is something given that is, it is our decision/choice. Gender however is not.
    But well noted, I anyway don't have a problem with people choosing their gender of choice. May they live happily - but they don't have the right to demand from other people to address or treat them according to their gender choice.

I'm atheist. When I'm trying to feel empathy for others, I think, "how would I feel if someone tried to force me to believe something I know in my core to be untrue". It applies everywhere!

Nobody is forced to believe anything, at worst they might be forced to talk and act as if they were believing it.

FFS, no one is forcing you to do fuck all, just leave them be.

Uhm, that's exactly what I do. The problem is that some of them do not let me be but dare to pester me with their ridiculous demands.

Thanked by 2default AlwaysSkint
  • @default said:
    I don't think he has the staff to handle all this mess, especially without staff like Miguel; so he simply deletes them all while he figures something out.

Yoi are wrong.. shitciu delete all tikets while Miguel still HS employee..

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@chocolateshirt said: Yoi are wrong.. shitciu delete all tikets while Miguel still HS employee..

I shitciu not.

Thanked by 2rahulks TimboJones
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep

LOL, if the mods are going to unban then why not reopen the other thread to let the drama continue.

• @jsg said:

@databoss said:
    Your friend/colleague lost 7 boxes- guess that isn't a concern of yours, even though you persistently said you had access to them. Now it doesnt fit the argument.

My friend and colleague makes his decisions and I make mine and we both live with the consequences. As for the boxes my concern isn't so much whose boxes they are/were but whether they were/are reachable.

Face it, cociu is selling it out to the bare walls

That's BS. Without knowing what and how much hardware @cociu owns and is selling and to whom, we know next to nothing. Example: companies often shift assets from one to the other, e.g. for tax reasons. Example 2: what if cociu had amassed devices for potential growth, new locations whatever and now sold much of that due to focussing on repairing/keeping afloat his main location.

so when the transit provider goes to court he can say zero assets, zero cash, large liability - we have nothing.

... and end up in jail because selling a companies assets, let alone a dying companies, into another pocket is a crime.

@chocolateshirt said:
    Main HS Web (https://hostsolutions.ro) and NS Web (https://netsilvania.com) are involucrated too..

I just checked. whois says that M. Borta still is the owner of 45.14.148.0/22 - but he seems to not BGP announce it for some reason.
    Also I can reach both the HS web site and the panel, so it seems my guess was about right and the interruption was due to them changing some config or server or whatever. Classical HS it seems.

@databoss said:
    Let's all give it a day or two - because @jsg says so. It's all a misunderstanding. Cociu is reorganizing things and everything will be functioning in a day or two. Don't worry, be happy. Sure...

(a) I didn't say 'everything', I was talking about web site and panel
    (b) So sorry but I was right. Both web site and panel are up again

@Francisco said:
    @jsg could you help test the WHMCS database 'age' for us?

You got a test VM at some point in the last 2 - 3 months. Is it showing in WHMCS?

I have something even better (older), my 3 year storage deal: It's still in the panel.

@jsg said:

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:
    I'll cut that short: the biological gender is the really and relevant gender (as opposed to "assigned") and what people feel to be their gender is utterly irrelevant (besides the feeling and imaginations of those people).

Why would you say that? They're (those seeking reassignment surgery) literally and loudly clearly disagree with you. Happiness and mental health of themselves means a fuck of a lot more to them than your bigotry.

I didn't say otherwise. They are of course free to believe and imagine whatever they please - but that doesn't make it real.

I was born with a given name but I go by my middle name. IMO, it suits me better. Why should we get to change the name that we go by but people can't change how they think and feel inside?

Read again what you just wrote. I'll help you, you wrote "I was born with a given name but ..." (emphasis mine). A name is something given that is, it is our decision/choice. Gender however is not.
    But well noted, I anyway don't have a problem with people choosing their gender of choice. May they live happily - but they don't have the right to demand from other people to address or treat them according to their gender choice.

I'm atheist. When I'm trying to feel empathy for others, I think, "how would I feel if someone tried to force me to believe something I know in my core to be untrue". It applies everywhere!

Nobody is forced to believe anything, at worst they might be forced to talk and act as if they were believing it.

FFS, no one is forcing you to do fuck all, just leave them be.

Uhm, that's exactly what I do. The problem is that some of them do not let me be but dare to pester me with their ridiculous demands.

WOWWWW in trance / possessed again :D :D :D :D :D are you sick ?

i don't read

take it easy bro

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited July 2021

@lonea said:
    LOL, if the mods are going to unban then why not reopen the other thread to let the drama continue.

Because drama can happen in any thread.

Plus, the drama never ended, just commercial breaks in between, so, here we are again :joy:

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint tux

@pedagang said:
    i don't read

Thank you very much for that immensely valuable information! Could you please also tell us the colour of your socks?

• black
    i am on sunglasses

• It's the final (yes, the real final) round of the mental gymnastics Olympics

Place your bets, lads, ladies and everyone else.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@vimalware said:
    It's the final (yes, the real final) round of the mental gymnastics Olympics

Did you just included and considered transgenders as "everyone else"?

• LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2021

@vimalware said:

Can we get clear teams and members of them?

Team "Fanatix": @jsg @TimboJones @Maounique @default <...>
    Team "Trolz": <...>

And we bet on what?

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @vimalware said:

You just hurt my feelings. "Everyone" - I identify as an A10 Warthog. So I'm an "everything". Pfff

• defaultdefault Veteran

@LTniger said:

@vimalware said:

And we bet on what?

Did you just try to label and generalize individuals?

Thanked by 1pike
  • LeviLevi Member

@default said: Did you just try to label and generalize individuals?

Correct. You are identified, labeled, numbered and assigned.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ dystopia
  • @LTniger said:

And we bet on what?

I'd like to know in which team I am currently.

@LTniger said:
    Team "Fanatix": @jsg

And you are in the stubborn idiots team I guess, or why else would you stubbornly repeat that idiocy?
    In fact, if one wants to see fanatics, one rather should look at those who fervently declare HS dead based on ... not really knowing much.

Example: HS web site and panel down some days ago. The real fanatics "Now HS is definitely finally dead, dead, dead. Me: "Maybe but let's wait a day or two. HS is known to occasionally go lights out due to (carelessly) doing some changes" - and I was right, they came back online.

Example 2: the real fanatics "HS is dead, because they sold all hardware". Me: "Without knowing their stock and how much has been sold and to whom we have no basis to judge".

Funny, those who fervently allege and declare dead quite emotionally call those who stay cool and argue rationally "fanatic" and if that doesn't work they pull allegations out of their a__es and accuse me of being a paid shill. Without any evidence of course.

I stick to what I said, no matter how much emotional, irrational and fervent noise you and others make.
    Yes, it seems likely that HS won't survive but they are not dead yet. Plus: the very fact that so little credible information is available creates a high potential for a surprise; maybe a nice one and maybe an ugly one, we'll see.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2021

@jsg said: <...>

HS is out of IPs. That's a fact. 256 doesn't cut it. Once again: he is out of IPs. This is non-speculative fact.

Read your own posts, evaluate them from neutral pov. In order to justify Borta, you exploit everything you can, even a tiniest "if", "maybe", "speculation" etc. And doing it very aggressively.

Don't accept term "fanatic" as an insult. I apologize otherwise.

@LTniger said:

@jsg said: <...>

HS is out of IPs. That's a fact. 256 doesn't cut it. Once again: he is out of IPs. This non-speculative fact.

Yet another case of "we do not really know it". We simply don't have the needed information.
    'HS announces only a single /24' != 'HS only has one single /24'.
    Why on earth would a provider "dis-announce" a full /22? That looks weird indeed but then we are talking about HS ...
    Maybe their router broke and so only the Norway location works. Maybe, maybe ... we don't know.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2021

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2021

Man, this thing still going on?

@default, sir, you deserve the award. You beat @jsg

Congratulations!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@jsg said: but they don't have the right to demand from other people to address or treat them according to their gender choice.

Correct and I know for sure there is no law requiring people to do that (except when they have a legal name change and calling them something else is simply idiotic, not illegal), however there are laws requiring trans people to do stuff contrary to their gender.
    But it is illegal to kill or even beat them up, threaten, discriminate against (rental, school, employment) in some parts of the world so I feel for you.
    You can always go to Kenya or Nigeria, Islamic State, etc, if you wish to do the stuff which is illegal where you live.

• GanonkGanonk Member

-=:: Welcome to Official Cociu thread ::=-

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@raindog308 said: @cociu is murdered (but the body is presumably not found) and the police learn about my threat, arrest me, convict me, and I'm sentenced to life without parole
    20 years later, @cociu pops up and says "actually, I'm still alive"

Not really, I presumed you served the sentence and got out after 20 years.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jsg said:
    Could you please also tell us the colour of your socks?

My socks used to be white, but they are brown now because I like to play in the mud.
    Mud is good for your mood and skin, but not good for your clothing.

It's this product:
    https://www.target.com/p/men-39-s-hanes-premium-10pk-crew-socks-white/-/A-14126744

• @yoursunny said:

@jsg said:
    Could you please also tell us the colour of your socks?

My socks used to be white, but they are brown now because I like to play in the mud.
    Mud is good for your mood and skin, but not good for your clothing.

It's this product:
    https://www.target.com/p/men-39-s-hanes-premium-10pk-crew-socks-white/-/A-14126744

No 15-18 size. Eh.

• HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited July 2021

@cociu's new scam is coming! Everyone was waiting for that: ihostart.com

netsilvania.com -> 88.198.25.70 (Hetzner) -> Using viewdns.info we got:

• ihostart.com (now Cloudflare)
    • netsilvania.com
    • hostsolutions.ro (Cloudflare)

@Calin signed up for a new account just a few days ago and recomends only ihostart.com. Isn't that suspicious?

@Calin Please do not pretend that you are not @cociu, we are waiting for your back, write what happened and we will try to understand it.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur webcraft
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited July 2021

@Hotmarer said:
    Calin Please do not pretend that you are not cociu, we are waiting for your back, write what happened and we will try to understand it.

That might or might not be true. So far there are some things that are a bit different from my investigation, ihostart was previously FastVDS.ro

Edit: That said, HostSolutions and iHostArt is very likely to be related (even if they are not the same).