Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

yes, in the past I was a reseller

I was a reseller at contabo & hetzner and btstelecom.

recently , own physical dedicated server

edited July 2021

anything which hosting company has a startup

or slowly, growing your own money and customers
    or fast through an investor

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

uh, so OVH style, premium wood.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Calin said: please don't compare me to a danger person

:'(

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited July 2021

@Calin said:
    :'(

Don't dare to beg for emotions or empathy.

• Soooooooo... Is @Calin @cociu ?

Thanked by 1LowLowLow

@webcraft ok sir , chill

@NobodyInteresting no sir , not cociu , cociu it's my friends

• edited July 2021

@Calin said:
    @webcraft ok sir , chill

@NobodyInteresting no sir , not cociu , cociu it's my friends

Ok

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    Soooooooo... Is @Calin @cociu ?

Unlikely to be cociu as his English couldn't possibly have improved overnight. But he could be someone working under him, with the brand IHOSTART still being controlled by cociu.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Soooooooo... Is @Calin @cociu ?

Definitely not, they’re 2 different people but they probably know each other.

Calin is the lower-end version of cociu, or as per @raindog308, LowEndCociu.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @Calin said: not cociu , cociu it's my friends

Can you ask cociu about refund on Monday ?

• LeviLevi Member

@thedp said: Calin is the lower-end version of cociu

How is that possible? Wooden racks indicate this?

and the wooden racks are ok. if you have metal racks do you think the servers move better?? Eh no!

in the room where the servers are kept it is 14 degrees constant, so it has nothing to fire

• databossdataboss Member
    edited July 2021

@calin - can you tell you aren't wanted here? Of course once you post an offer (or hint where to find one since you don't have provider tag) they will all be your best friend and rush to buy. @Jsg does tests of VPS - you should give him one to run benchmarks - get with the in crowd early. @dahartigan can shill incessantly for you and your friends. @default will support you to the bitter end. That's only 3 vps and some commissions - cheaper than a large marketing budget and you will get around the clock vocal support of your cheap offerings (hell you don't even have to post for a month and you will still be on the front page). There are a few other secondary players - give them VPS too - spread the wealth around a bit and watch the support and sales come flying in

Thanked by 2BlaZe sgno1

yes I understand that I did not come here because I do not have a provider tag, in the future I will become a provider but not now.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

If @Calin has routed IPv6 and I don't have a server in the same location, I'll accept a freebie.

• databossdataboss Member
    edited July 2021

@Calin I forgot, if your past is a bit sketchy - just say "Nothing has been shady about my service, only me." like @aqua did. Things get tough - just say you are sick like @hotlineservers . Company bumming you out after 3 months sell it like spear sold hostmaxim and start another after 3 months.

All else fails change the name of your llc and website - make some stickers and rebrand like @HostUp

Oh and about company size - its always "we" not "I" - need to do that from the very start. And you also have a fictional "billing person" that works normal business hours - so you can delay replies until after the football, rugby, cricket match is over or to just delay the customer because you feel like it. You have remote support (fictional but clients dont know that), but wouldnt you know it, they are on holiday or out sick. We will get to your request as soon as possibly. Even when your company has less that 5K a year in revenue and its easy to see - you have 24/7 excellent support.

All shall be forgiven if your prices are cheap and the product occasionally works to keep hope alive for the first 180 days. Of course always keep that limited time lifetime sale running for ever. There are always noobs to buy it

@databoss yes of course
    @yoursunny sorry sir :( not have IPv6 , only IPv4

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2021

@BlaZe said: Is putting a space before a comma common with Romanian users when they type in English? because I have seen only @cociu do that.

In Romanian it is clearly stated in the Academy version that the comma is part of the word and that is taught in the primary school. People which do not know that are semi-illiterate in Romanian too, not only English.

@yoursunny said: If @Calin has routed IPv6 and I don't have a server in the same location, I'll accept a freebie.

Good, I have lived to see a time when even freebies are not acceptable without an IPv6.

• @Calin said:

@yoursunny you know what to do

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@jmgcaguicla said:

@Calin said:

I wouldn't, even bad publicity is good for him, he can't go lower than offering swap DDR3.

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
  • @raindog308 said:

@TimboJones said: You've never heard of Double Jeopardy? There's a B movie with that plot every few years.

Wait a sec...I think @Maounique's scenario was more like this:

• @cociu involucrates my tentacle hentai collection. In a rage, I threaten to kill him.
    • @cociu is murdered (but the body is presumably not found) and the police learn about my threat, arrest me, convict me, and I'm sentenced to life without parole
    • 20 years later, @cociu pops up and says "actually, I'm still alive"
    • I guess I'm released from prison at this point
    • Then I go and kill @cociu for reals

I don't think that's double jeopardy, is it? I guess now that I think about it, I'm not sure. If we were talking about a bank robbery and I was falsely imprisoned, got out, and then robbed the same bank, I could definitely be prosecuted for that second robbery because it's a separate criminal act. But you can't kill someone twice. OTOH, I have a hard time believing that I couldn't be prosecuted for a new, separate criminal act, even if falsely prosecuted before. Hmmm.

You got a point. I think the movies always have the person do their 20-25 years and paroled, not proven innocent, which may set aside the conviction and void Double Jeopardy. I smell a B movie in the works for this plot!

Classically, double jeopardy would be:

• I kill @cociu
    • The ghost of Johnny Cochran defends me and gets me off
    • I post on LET how I killed @cociu and confess fully, even showing a video tape of how I did it (with a candlestick, in the data center...)
    • The law cannot prosecute me a 2nd time even though I'm shouting everywhere (even on WHT) that I did it

Just hypothetical, of course. I would never post on WHT.

If Johnny got you off, you weren't convicted a single time, so no double jeopardy. If found innocent, they can prosecute again if the Judge said something about "with or without prejudice", I forget which is which. They want to prevent relitigation unless there's significant new evidence, such as a confession and video...

Hypothetically, keep Johnny in your speed dial.

P.s. this is not to be construed as legal advice!

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • @jsg said:

@LTniger said:

@jsg said: <...>

HS is out of IPs. That's a fact. 256 doesn't cut it. Once again: he is out of IPs. This non-speculative fact.

Yet another case of "we do not really know it". We simply don't have the needed information.
    'HS announces only a single /24' != 'HS only has one single /24'.
    Why on earth would a provider "dis-announce" a full /22? That looks weird indeed but then we are talking about HS ...
    Maybe their router broke and so only the Norway location works. Maybe, maybe ... we don't know.

When Schroeder's cat has been in the box long enough without food and water, it can be declared dead without opening the box.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur Maounique
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2021

@Maounique said:

@jsg said: but they don't have the right to demand from other people to address or treat them according to their gender choice.

Correct and I know for sure there is no law requiring people to do that (except when they have a legal name change and calling them something else is simply idiotic, not illegal), however there are laws requiring trans people to do stuff contrary to their gender.
    But it is illegal to kill or even beat them up, threaten, discriminate against (rental, school, employment) in some parts of the world so I feel for you.
    You can always go to Kenya or Nigeria, Islamic State, etc, if you wish to do the stuff which is illegal where you live.

I'm disappointed to hear something like that from you. What makes you think that I want to harm or be nasty towards transvestites, etc? I clearly said that my reservation is about them demanding anything from me based on their imagination (like imaginary gender). Kindly note that my right to not be dictated based on someones imaginations is not minor to their right to imagine their gender.

@databoss

You should learn the difference between a 'freebie' and a test-VPS. I get free access to a test-VPS for a limited time period and limited to testing use ONLY that is, I do not have any personal use whatsoever.
    A freebie otoh provides personal use.
    As for shilling, my hourly rates as a developer are far above what one could earn with shilling.

@TimboJones said:
    When Schroeder's cat has been in the box long enough without food and water, it can be declared dead without opening the box.

Interesting point of view and one of the smarter ones I've seen so far in the cociu threads. Although I'd still hold that (a very high) probability is not good enough to declare a cat dead. But still, smart POV; I like it.
    It's 'Schroedinger' btw.

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • @jsg - never said you were the one shilling

• CybrCybr Member

@stevewatson301 said:
    Unlikely to be cociu as his English couldn't possibly have improved overnight.

Unless cociu is actually a mastermind grifter who has faked having the worst English imaginable as part of his 6 year long con. It would sure make it easier for him to play dumb about anything he doesn't want to deal with. If I were to try fake a severe language barrier, I'd probably throw in some random word or phrase that doesn't make any sense, like "sisters". </tinfoil hat>

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Maounique said:

@yoursunny said: If @Calin has routed IPv6 and I don't have a server in the same location, I'll accept a freebie.

Good, I have lived to see a time when even freebies are not acceptable without an IPv6.

I accepted @VirMach freebie without an IPv6.
    They are "top provider".

@Calin doesn't even have a provider tag.
    Therefore, I'm not willing to spend time on SIT tunnels only to have the server involucrated shortly after.

@jmgcaguicla said:

@Calin said:

@Calin won't get onto No IPv6 hall of shame until after they obtain a provider tag and post an offer thread.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said:

@BlaZe said: Is putting a space before a comma common with Romanian users when they type in English? because I have seen only @cociu do that.

In Romanian it is clearly stated in the Academy version that the comma is part of the word and that is taught in the primary school. People which do not know that are semi-illiterate in Romanian too, not only English.

Umm, fair enough. I thought it was something which @cociu did.

• JasonMJasonM Member

update: got my paypal chargeback amount (filed on June 25/26). late but nevermind.