Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 94
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• @malignify said:

@yokowasis said:
    any tl;dr for the last 50 pages ?

I was looking for one too until someone found updates on their page.

https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/index.php/announcements/33/Storage-Downtime-.html

I think that will do for now.

I am looking for LET version of TL;DR

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@zappata said: You believe in his word

I don't believe him but he SAID he is trying to recover the data, not anymore.
    What I meant to say is that his customers knew the option to get a VPS back was on the table, even when not reading here.
    I am sure they also know by this time there will be no data recovered. I could have told him 30 days ago it is a futile attempt (to recover the data).
    Like @jsg I don't defend him, his behaviour is below any critique, i am just saying that:
    1. He is not a scammer;
    2. People saying so are either competition annoyed he had such low prices for so long, (rightly) frustrated customers which have been driven insane by his incompetence or simply idiots which have no dog in the fight but feel good to kick someone when down with the "community" behind.

Thanked by 2jsg dahartigan
  • @bdl said:
    I now picture Romania as a place where bears, foxes, lions, dogs, horses and hedgehogs roam freely, with broken NetApp boxes littering the streets...

love it

• AKA_GHTAKA_GHT Member
    edited June 2021

Just a question to you all, did the services he sold implied a backup or not? ( I doubt, at that price ) if not, well, he or anybody else cannot be held accountable for the data customers had on the drives.

If he made re-founds or gave new VM's to the customers with the same specifications, I will quote Maounique, "He is not a scammer", he just had bad luck.

We also had some problems in the past with customers, we had failed drives, storage, server boards, and so on, it is not the end of the world, we always recommended clients to backup on a schedule their data.

• @AKA_GHT said:
    Just a question to you all, did the services he sold implied a backup or not? ( I doubt, at that price ) if not, well, he or anybody else cannot be held accountable for the data customers had on the drives.

If he made re-founds or gave new VM's to the customers with the same specifications, I will quote Maounique, "He is not a scammer", he just had bad luck.

We also had some problems in the past with customers, we had failed drives, storage, server boards, and so on, it is not the end of the world, we always recommended clients to backup on a schedule their data.

At this point, I don't think people care about their servers anymore and that they just want their money back. The key point here is not about data loss, servers being down, up or recreated but the way how the provider is handling the situation.

Just by reading his responses here and factoring other findings by community members or customers just proves that he is clearly unprofessional and his competency in running this business is undoubtedly questionable.

• If anyone is looking to buy old and cheap hardware.. he just posted some on olx :D

https://www.olx.ro/oferte/user/3Lki/

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@malignify said:
    At this point, I don't think people care about their servers anymore and that they just want their money back.

Some, yes, but others only care about getting their VMs back working. Quite a few are even OK with having lost all of their data. I'm one of them (because my box was just a tertiary backup box).

My personal take: I don't trust @cociu anymore, not necessarily in terms of "he's a liar" but mostly in terms of "one can't trust his operation nor his word". Having a not so great availability of say 98% is OK for many use cases if the price is dirt cheap, but arbitrarily cutting off communication, especially in a situation when it's needed most, just is not acceptable.

Another major reason is in the fact that he got burned once with storage (north of 1 or 2 TB) and he learned neither his lesson nor how to properly do storage services and just did it again. To me that translates to playing lottery with customers data. An absolute no-go.

I don't think he'll scam us, I guess that he is going to refund the concerned customers albeit, it seems, drop by drop, but I don't care anymore. IMO he has lost any basis and trust, "funnily" not even by the clusterf_ck per se, but by his non-communication, shifting dates, breaking promises, and behaving like a total a__hole.

• edited June 2021

@jsg said:

@malignify said:
    At this point, I don't think people care about their servers anymore and that they just want their money back.

Some, yes, but others only care about getting their VMs back working. Quite a few are even OK with having lost all of their data. I'm one of them (because my box was just a tertiary backup box).

My personal take: I don't trust @cociu anymore, not necessarily in terms of "he's a liar" but mostly in terms of "one can't trust his operation nor his word". Having a not so great availability of say 98% is OK for many use cases if the price is dirt cheap, but arbitrarily cutting off communication, especially in a situation when it's needed most, just is not acceptable.

Another major reason is in the fact that he got burned once with storage (north of 1 or 2 TB) and he learned neither his lesson nor how to properly do storage services and just did it again. To me that translates to playing lottery with customers data. An absolute no-go.

I don't think he'll scam us, I guess that he is going to refund the concerned customers albeit, it seems, drop by drop, but I don't care anymore. IMO he has lost any basis and trust, "funnily" not even by the clusterf_ck per se, but by his non-communication, shifting dates, breaking promises, and behaving like a total a__hole.

Lets just call it as it is. He is no longer an a__hole. He is a straight up asshole.
    If you have lost all trust, that means that its time for @deank to preach the gospel of that which is nigh.

• I've given up on the storage VPS, I idled it anyway, so the money was already pissed against the wall and written off. The NVMe service is still strong on the plow. The way cociu is handling this is next level full retardation at this stage.

• What a fuckin' shit show Randy

Thanked by 1AndreiGhesi
  • @Maounique said: People simply idiots which have no dog in the fight but feel good to kick someone when down with the "community" behind.

do you know what a community is?

What you and @JSG are doing is idiotic. But I guess funny to both of you. Don't get me wrong, I have fun doing idiotic things too, case in point is this very post that I know will be misunderstood. Thus an idiotic attempt.

The matter of fact is that a provider that regularly sold services to this community fk'ed it's clients thus by extension the community. And the community include its providers.

I don't give a damn about @cociu or his company, maybe because I've never used any of his services but that doesn't mean I don't sympathize with his clients and even competitors that have to navigate a market that @cociu gives a bad rep too.

Love ya all, but let's be honest, @cociu is the only one on the wrong here. No one else.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I've been summoned.

The end was nigh.

• @404error said: Love ya all, but let's be honest, @cociu is the only one on the wrong here. No one else.

Quoted for truth. Amen brother.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@dahartigan said:

@404error said: Love ya all, but let's be honest, @cociu is the only one on the wrong here. No one else.

Quoted for truth. Amen brother.

• veltonvelton Member

as the vps down for a month, but i still receive invoice notification asking for payment .
    should i just make payment or leave it ?

• @velton said: should i just make payment or leave it ?

Let me take your hand whilst you make such an important decision. /s

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@velton said:
    as the vps down for a month, but i still receive invoice notification asking for payment .

I live in Vegas these days.

If you paypal me the money I'll go spin it on the wheel for you, it has better odds.

Francisco

• veltonvelton Member

@AlwaysSkint said:

@velton said: should i just make payment or leave it ?

Let me take your hand whilst you make such an important decision. /s

LOL i was dilemma about it. now i knew the answer.

• veltonvelton Member

@Francisco said:

@velton said:

If you paypal me the money I'll go spin it on the wheel for you, it has better odds.

Francisco

Please pm me your paypal account. LOL

• @dahartigan said:
    What a fuckin' shit show Randy

the shit hawks are flying today

better take a swig and listen to the liquor

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @Francisco said:

@velton said:

Francisco

You live in Vegas and you complained that Miami is hot?
    Come on now 😂

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • PixelsPixels Member
    edited June 2021

@dahartigan said:
    I've given up on the storage VPS, I idled it anyway, so the money was already pissed against the wall and written off. The NVMe service is still strong on the plow. The way cociu is handling this is next level full retardation at this stage.

Thank you. I was going to ask if the NVMe/Norway plans were still alive.

My storage node seems to have been involucrated recently, as it has been down for three days now.

I wouldn't keep my hopes too high for the NVMe plans either. A month ago a part of the storage clients were left without VPS, now it is my turn, next month may be yours.

I seriously was expecting for my storage VM to go down at some point. If you haven't already, make a backup of anything important on your NVMe VPS.

Any other lucky storage VPS fellows that have had their server involucrated since June 21?

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited June 2021

@Pixels said:

@dahartigan said:
    I've given up on the storage VPS, I idled it anyway, so the money was already pissed against the wall and written off. The NVMe service is still strong on the plow. The way cociu is handling this is next level full retardation at this stage.

My storage node seems to have been involucrated recently, as it has been down for three days now.

I wouldn't keep my hopes too high for the NVMe plans either. A month ago a part of the storage clients were left without VPS, now it is my turn, next month may be yours.

I seriously was expecting for my storage VM to go down at some point. If you haven't already, make a backup of anything important on your NVMe VPS.

Any other lucky storage VPS fellows that have had their server involucrated since June 21?

Probably it was on the servers that were put up for sale today. RIP.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • PixelsPixels Member

@zafouhar said:

Let's at least hope he zero-ed the drives haha

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Pixels said: I wouldn't keep my hopes too high for the NVMe plans either. A month ago a part of the storage clients were left without VPS, now it is my turn, next month may be yours.

Although I hope for the best, I have planned for the worst.
    Redundant fail over VPS has already been setup.
    I do not expect the NVMe plans to go down before Aug 1st. Since that should be 180 days from the last NVMe sale. Of course nobody really knows for sure...

Thanked by 2kkrajk Demindiro
  • @Pixels said: Any other lucky storage VPS fellows that have had their server involucrated since June 21?

Yep

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Pixels said:

@dahartigan said:

From what I see (and I can see quite some different products via my friend/colleague) I do not expect significant problems with the non-storage VMs, not significant meaning "oh well, there can always be a node getting a hiccup, but generally HS seems to do OK with them" (unlike with storage VMs which they obviously can't do properly).

That said I personally am quite unlikely to order anything from HS for quite some time because while a "so so VM" is OK if cheap, I don't like to do business with someone who treats communication as a (rigged against you at that) lottery. But others might be more forgiving and/or trusting more easily.

• PixelsPixels Member

@jsg said:

@Pixels said:

@dahartigan said:

From what I see (and I can see quite some different products via my friend/colleague) I do not expect significant problems with the non-storage VMs, not significant meaning "oh well, there can always be a node getting a hiccup, but generally HS seems to do OK with them" (unlike with storage VMs which they obviously can't do properly).

That said I personally am quite unlikely to order anything from HS for quite some time because while a "so so VM" is OK if cheap, I don't like to do business with someone who treats communication as a (rigged against you at that) lottery. But others might be more forgiving and/or trusting more easily.

I see your point, but how do you explain that my server (granted, it's storage and more prone to fail) has suddenly gone down without any explanation? Another failed UPS? An epic fsck? Moved the servers to Chia mining?

I also agree on your last paragraph. While I already was skeptical about HostSolutions offerings, I expected them to deliver a somewhat decent service. Now we don't even have that service, nor the little (if any) faith we had in cociu. He is just killing his own brand image. If I was cociu given the current circumstances (his fault), I'd have ran away a while ago. There's no point in keeping alive a dead business.

• edited June 2021

@Pixels said:

@jsg said:

@Pixels said:

@dahartigan said:

I see your point, but how do you explain that my server (granted, it's storage and more prone to fail) has suddenly gone down without any explanation? Another failed UPS? An epic fsck? Moved the servers to Chia mining?

This

@zafouhar said:

Proof

@GOBBLES said:
    If anyone is looking to buy old and cheap hardware.. he just posted some on olx :D

https://www.olx.ro/oferte/user/3Lki/

• @malignify said:
    I'm hoping to see acknowledgements from at least 1% of the 87 customers being refunded or else I think he's just making things up.

That's less than 1 person. Set your bar to 1 person.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
This discussion has been closed.