Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 97
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

@Maounique said: I would go to great lengths to support people which improve and learn but if he did learn something

Wow.......realy.....

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@dedicatserver_ro said:

@thedp said: I'm sure a lot of people here (especially providers) would be willing to help and guide him

Wow.......realy.....

Yes, with the mentioned conditions.

Despite this being a somewhat competitive industry, providers within the community here do help out other providers, either by sharing knowledge or even provide pointers or guidance.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep

@thedp

• only if you are not the biggest and best ... etc
    • only if you are not praised by false supporters

Read the post from the last 3 years.....

• vyas11vyas11 Member

6 months to make a Wish!

6-months-till-XMas

@dedicatserver_ro said: only if you are not the biggest and best

There's no "biggest" and there is no "best", at least here, it's subjective.

@dedicatserver_ro said: only if you are not praised by false supporters

There's no "false" supporters.

If you're providing good or quality products and services, they will speak for themselves and your customers/supporters will echo.

Thanked by 1stdeyna
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@vyas11 said:
    6 months to make a Wish!

I wonder if the UPS came from Wish

Thanked by 3mikewazar vyas11 Pixels
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited June 2021

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    @thedp

• only if you are not the biggest and best ... etc
    • only if you are not praised by false supporters

Read the post from the last 3 years.....

Bloody hell, you creepy serial basher, don't you have a bathroom? Because that's where civilized people take a dump.
    AFAIK you are not a customer of @cociu, yet you took and take a dump in pretty much every thread of or about cociu.

Yes, cociu's behaviour is terrible and totally unacceptable - but so is yours. Your disgusting personal crusade leads me to believe that your operation doesn't have any quality worth mentioning because otherwise you wouldn't need to base your marketing on slandering other providers.

Thanked by 1Gabitzuu
  • M66BM66B Veteran
    edited June 2021

@jsg there is an error in your signature, let me fix that for you:

"The problem with democracy LET is that by definition > 85% of the voters users are not particularly intelligent."

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • One question:

If your provider offers a backup service that they charge extra for but then cannot deliver on - is that a scam? That's the second most annoying part for me.

Aside from another week without a reply to my recreated ticket. Supposedly refunds were given and vpses were recreated, but I don't even have a reply.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited June 2021

@vibhakti said:
    One question:

If your provider offers a backup service that they charge extra for but then cannot deliver on - is that a scam? That's the second most annoying part for me.

Aside from another week without a reply to my recreated ticket. Supposedly refunds were given and vpses were recreated, but I don't even have a reply.

It will be a scam if the intention was to not fulfill the contract between you and the provider (you pay, the provider delivers the promised services). If the backup service was promised and is in fact not there, I think this should be considered a scam. The provider did not put effort into delivering you what was promised after all.

Things can go wrong (you don't pay or the provider doesn't deliver). In such cases both parties should give each other an opportunity to fix the problem. Most providers will give you a few days, maybe a week to fix payment problems, which means it is reasonable to give a provider a few days, maybe a week to fix delivery of the promised services. After that the contract can be considered void and a refund should be issued and ultimately you have the right to claim / chargeback if no refund has been issued after a reasonable time.

IMHO more than a reasonable time has passed in this case, especially considering the lack of communication, which I would consider as unforgivable given the size and impact of the problem. Things might be more forgivable with a proper explanation and clear planned actions to fix the problem and to prevent it from happening again in the future. I don't see that there. Everybody is just wondering on which Monday the next thing will happen.

The most surprising is that quite some people seem to consider this incident as normal.

"Quality: ... defined as being suitable for its intended (fitness for purpose) while satisfying customer expectations"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_(business)

Apparently customers of HostShite are easily satisfied, even with a non working service and without an expectation if it is ever going to work properly again. Maybe the sisters alone are good enough?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@M66B said: The most surprising is that quite some people seem to consider this incident as normal.

Normal to have some downtime? Absolutely!
    The length and lack of communication absolutely not normal.
    That does not mean it cannot be forgiven given the price and the "compensation" (if it were to arrive) as well as if there are signs the things will improve.
    Since none of the mitigating factors is here, it is unforgivable.
    He might refund, restore some services, even be back as a provider but nobody will ever forgive this incident, not even in 10 years of flawless service.

Thanked by 1default
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@Maounique said:

@M66B said: The most surprising is that quite some people seem to consider this incident as normal.

Normal to have some downtime? Absolutely!
    The length and lack of communication absolutely not normal.
    That does not mean it cannot be forgiven given the price and the "compensation" (if it were to arrive) as well as if there are signs the things will improve.
    Since none of the mitigating factors is here, it is unforgivable.
    He might refund, restore some services, even be back as a provider but nobody will ever forgive this incident, not even in 10 years of flawless service.

Downtime is covered in "things can go wrong". Services should be restored within a reasonable time, depending a bit on what you paid. Beyond that, the service just isn't delivered as promised and the contract is being violated. Continuing invoicing while there is a huge incident is in my opinion pretty indecent and rather unforgivable. So, I am still surprised.

@M66B said: Continuing invoicing while there is a huge incident is in my opinion pretty indecent and rather unforgivable. So, I am still surprised.

I am not surprised, things are on autopilot so anything can happen.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited June 2021

@Maounique said:

@M66B said: Continuing invoicing while there is a huge incident is in my opinion pretty indecent and rather unforgivable. So, I am still surprised.

I am not surprised, things are on autopilot so anything can happen.

If you are in a car (VPS/storage service) on auto pilot (invoicing) and the car is driving towards a tree (huge incident), would you consider this as acceptable too? I guess you would as "Extremist conservative user", now shoot ;-)

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

We are not using WHMCS so i can't really tell but: changing billing cycle for 3000 affected customers (if that is the real exact number) is extremely labour intensive with no automation or skill to manipulate DB.

Now don't get this wrong, i am not defending Cociu in any way...

Thanked by 1vimalware

@M66B said: would you consider this as acceptable too?

Ah, another TL:DR user.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@Maounique said:

@M66B said: would you consider this as acceptable too?

Ah, another TL:DR user.

Maybe it is the TL ...

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited June 2021

TL;DR of this week (refunds/new deploys were supposed to starts on Monday)

1. On Wednesday Announcement page was silently edited with Update : today 23.06.2021 we have process 87 refunds to our affecred clients and we have recreate 50 vps. We will continue to recreate and refund our clients until all this mess will be done. Really sorry for inconvenience.

(Friday evening: No one came here to claim/confirm that they got anything and/or theirs server was re-deployed).

1. Another bunch of storage servers died involucrated without a trace.
    2. New sales offers showed up on OLX.ro
    3. People reporting network going shit in Ordea
    4. Sold out (and confirmed by cociu) "spammed" IP range whois 193.148.68.0/22 still shows Marius Borta as owner.

If you still can - chargeback paypal/bank/creditcard - w/e. :)

• @JabJab said:

1. On wednesday Announcement page was silently edited with Update : today 23.06.2021 we have process 87 refunds to our affecred clients and we have recreate 50 vps. We will continue to recreate and refund our clients until all this mess will be done. Really sorry for inconvenience.

(Friday evening: No one came here to claim/confirm that they got anything and/or theirs server was re-deployed).

1. Another bunch of storage servers died involucrated without a trace.
    2. New sales offers showed up on OLX.ro
    3. People reporting network going shit in Ordea
    4. Sold out (and confirmed by cociu) "spammed" IP range whois 193.148.68.0/22 still shows Marius Borta as owner.

If you still can - chargeback paypal/bank/creditcard - w/e. :)

It's possible what he meant is 50 more servers have to be recreated. ie. they got involucrated his week also lol. And thus also needs to issue 87 more refunds.

@RAINMAN00 said: It's possible what he meant is 50 more servers have to be recreated. ie. they got involucrated his week also lol. And thus also needs to issue 87 more refunds.

Sorry to say but no machine or system can compute what he means, ever.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

@JabJab said: New sales offers showed up on OLX.ro

@cociu said: we pay advertize and is update once at x days , personally i dont have acces to this account even is my number there but i will contact to my employer to disable him.

I wonder what happened to that :)

• M66BM66B Veteran

@thedp said:

@JabJab said: New sales offers showed up on OLX.ro

@cociu said: we pay advertize and is update once at x days , personally i dont have acces to this account even is my number there but i will contact to my employer to disable him.

I wonder what happened to that :)

Translation: to disable him = to involucrate

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Seems like traffic goes via cable again, switched off the IPoAc

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @Neoon said: Seems like traffic goes via cable again, switched off the IPoAc

Hostsolutions more like We Got No Solution

• @ps20090 said:

@Neoon said: Seems like traffic goes via cable again, switched off the IPoAc

You mean Host Illusions? ;-)

Thanked by 2TimboJones M66B
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@ps20090 said:

@Neoon said: Seems like traffic goes via cable again, switched off the IPoAc

You mean Host Illusions? ;-)

Imaginary refunds and recreated servers.

• @JabJab said:

1. New sales offers showed up on OLX.ro

so he un-involucrated access to his OLX.ro account (he claimed before some problems with access)

1. Sold out (and confirmed by cociu) "spammed" IP range whois 193.148.68.0/22 still shows Marius Borta as owner.

this special kind of very sophisticated financial manoeuvre (selling IP range to himself) was probably tax optimization and clearing spam status in one operation. excellent move

;)

• Involuntarily involucrated inventory

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @dahartigan said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@dahartigan said:

@FAT32 said:

@dahartigan said:
    Needs moar pitchforks deals

Deals.

I'd love to see someone offer what cociu does (for torrenting) for the same price in this thread, that would be useful for many...

A lot of provider here allowing torrenting on their server

Perhaps, but they don't meet the other criteria (like price or storage etc)

EDIT: I forgot to mention the main criteria being that allowing torrents doesn't mean ignoring dmca.

Just use a socks5 proxy or VPN. They're cheap or free.

Also, the Canadian equivalent of Host Solutions is Cloud at Cost. They just do more CPU cores and less storage. But if you bought up servers in the first years at 70-90% off, you'd be in the hundreds of GB's.

The uptime and data reliability are garbage like HS, but CAC has a scripting feature so a server can be reinstalled to your torrenting/syncing/serving in an hour or less.

Thanked by 2dystopia dahartigan
  • @drserver said: We are not using WHMCS so i can't really tell but: changing billing cycle for 3000 affected customers (if that is the real exact number) is extremely labour intensive with no automation or skill to manipulate DB

I don't think so. Feed the script list of affected accounts, IPs or emails, find individual services based on that and perform X action. Shouldn't be too hard.

This discussion has been closed.