Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 96
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• edited June 2021

@Maounique said:

@LowLowLow said: I wonder how everyone would react if it was a different provider on LET?

Everyone would clap and ask for more stock if it were BuyVM, nothing would happen with most providers, cheap ones would be "deadpooled" by other providers.

WTF are you talking about???? Don't blame other provider for the deadpool.. Blame yourself for unsustain business, bad behaviour toward their customer, don't forget stupidity also account on it..

Btw this is deadpool:

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Should switch to IPoAC.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@LTniger said: Indicates congestion?

So, we have to decide:

1. HS is down and all people want is "refounds", then congestion would not happen because nobody there to use the traffic;
    2. HS has many other customers and, now, probably some seedboxes came back up because I can think of not much else to hog BW (maybe someone else would have some more info);
    3. HS was cut off by internet provider and is now using an ISDN line or GPRS on cociu's old nokia with actual keys.
  • @LTniger and @chocolateshirt must be malfunctioning shillbots..

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @Maounique said:

@LTniger said: Indicates congestion?

So, we have to decide:

1. HS is down and all people want is "refounds", then congestion would not happen because nobody there to use the traffic;
    2. HS has many other customers and, now, probably some seedboxes came back up because I can think of not much else to hog BW (maybe someone else would have some more info);
    3. HS was cut off by internet provider and is now using an ISDN line or GPRS on cociu's old nokia with actual keys.

Or you know, they just run a poorly managed network.

edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 said: Or you know, they just run a poorly managed network.

Even a poorly managed network would need some traffic for the ping to fluctuate and, as it is known in the community, everything is involucrated and can't generate traffic.

EDIT: popcorn is pig food, this is better:
    VH9urMr

• @dahartigan said:
    @LTniger and @chocolateshirt must be malfunctioning shillbots..

I think you need a......

Mirror..

Thanked by 3maverickp donko iKeyZ
  • @chocolateshirt said:

@dahartigan said:
    @LTniger and @chocolateshirt must be malfunctioning shillbots..

I think you need a......

Mirror..

Don't blame the mirror if you are ugly..

• @default said: This is way too much evil for me. Something like this never happened when other big providers or summer hosts went down.

Because this never happened on a scale to ANY OTHER PROVIDER.

Deadpool - sure.

This and THEN SELL NEW SERVICES? Never.

@jsg said: FWIW: Situation unchanged. 7 out of 9 systems I have access to are working OK.

Do you pay for them? Reply me this simple question:

Do. You. Pay. Normal. Customer. Prices.?

• @Neoon said:

Should switch to IPoAC.

what does this graph mean ?

edited June 2021

@starbetrayer said:

@Neoon said:

Should switch to IPoAC.

Look at it, it has a X and Y axis, it even says what what is. (latency)
    Anyway, it gets colorful right now.

Thanked by 2lentro vimalware
  • wionswions Member

@Maounique said:

@LowLowLow said: I wonder how everyone would react if it was a different provider on LET?

Everyone would clap and ask for more stock if it were BuyVM, nothing would happen with most providers, cheap ones would be "deadpooled" by other providers.

Speaking of, @Francisco any word on new LU slabs availability?

• LeviLevi Member

@Neoon said:

@starbetrayer said:

@Neoon said:

Should switch to IPoAC.

Look at it, it has a X and Y axis, it even says what what is.

It is like dying fish out of the watter.

• wionswions Member

Even a dead cat will bounce.

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Pixels said:

@jsg said:
    From what I see (and I can see quite some different products via my friend/colleague) I do not expect significant problems with the non-storage VMs, not significant meaning "oh well, there can always be a node getting a hiccup, but generally HS seems to do OK with them" (unlike with storage VMs which they obviously can't do properly).

That said I personally am quite unlikely to order anything from HS for quite some time because while a "so so VM" is OK if cheap, I don't like to do business with someone who treats communication as a (rigged against you at that) lottery. But others might be more forgiving and/or trusting more easily.

I see your point, but how do you explain that my server (granted, it's storage and more prone to fail) has suddenly gone down without any explanation? Another failed UPS? An epic fsck? Moved the servers to Chia mining?

I also agree on your last paragraph. While I already was skeptical about HostSolutions offerings, I expected them to deliver a somewhat decent service. Now we don't even have that service, nor the little (if any) faith we had in cociu. He is just killing his own brand image. If I was cociu given the current circumstances (his fault), I'd have ran away a while ago. There's no point in keeping alive a dead business.

AFAIC the explanation is simple: HS seems to be a "we can't do storage, we always f_ck it up" company. So, not strange at all that your storage server has gone.
    Btw, quite a few here think that "It was a failing UPS that triggered it all" is a lie. My suspicion is much worse: it wasn't a lie but they really believed that (because their understanding of storage systems is roughly the same as a cows understanding of semiconductor physics).

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:
    From what I see (and I can see quite some different products via my friend/colleague)

You keep referring to this person as your "friend/colleague". Generally, a friend trumps a colleague in terms of importance and so it can be taken as an insult to be referred in that way unless it's necessary for context.

I get your point but I mention "colleague" too in order to indicate that he is in IT.

@dahartigan said:

@FAT32 said:

@dahartigan said:
    Needs moar pitchforks deals

Deals.

I'd love to see someone offer what cociu does (for torrenting) for the same price in this thread, that would be useful for many...

I think chances are slim.

@NobodyInteresting said:
    To be fair - we see what happens to providers that do meet the price:storage ratio. They eventually talk about Mondays.

Good point. Let's turn this around into constructive advice: Do not go for WD external drives (because they are the cheapest) and take the drives out, do not buy SMR drives (for most use cases) and in fact do verify that the drives you are buying really are not SMR (because some, like e.g. WD, lie about their drives), short, don't go for the cheapest deal available when buying spindles.
    Why? Have a look at what happened with HostSolutions ...

@William said:

@jsg said: FWIW: Situation unchanged. 7 out of 9 systems I have access to are working OK.

Do you pay for them? Reply me this simple question:

Do. You. Pay. Normal. Customer. Prices.?

Yes and No, because only one of the nine is mine, a dead storage box for which I indeed paid front-up (full normal price). The others are a free test VPS I got (time limited) access to before the clusterf_ck started and all the others aren't mine but those of a good friend (who knows cociu since years and may or may not have got special deals. Me not know or care) who granted me access to his boxes for testing purposes.

But anyway, why the question? I mean, a box does or does not work, no matter how much was paid for it.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FAT32 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    This thread is going to hit 100 pages here soon.

Page 100 = 100% recurring off deals? :D

Page 200 = 200% off deals
    unlock with 1000 push-ups in 24 hours

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jsg said:
    But anyway, why the question? I mean, a box does or does not work, no matter how much was paid for it.

More expensive box offers better quality and higher support priority.

"you purchased the 999 package. I have allocated you personal support rep, he is not allowed to sleep and your tickets are sent directly to him in Morse code via electrical shock"

"we prioritize depending on freebies/ non freebies"

Thanked by 1CaptainDuck
  • JabJabJabJab Member

@wions said: Speaking of, @Francisco any word on new LU slabs availability?

Last ETA I recall was '1st of month' - he got stuck in Miami for longer than planned (shipping company forgot to deliver crate/servers for few days, lmao) and it go pushed back :(

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@yoursunny said:

@jsg said:

More expensive box offers better quality and higher support priority.

Yes, often it does, but that wasn't the point here. The point was that some given VPS doesn't change it's quality, performance, availability, etc. depending on whether it was provided for free or paid for.

Btw. some providers (e.g. Contabo) even did not provide the free test VPS but rather had me order one the normal way and then post factum cancelled the bill to make sure that my test VPS wasn't somehow one specially prepared or pimped to get good results. Iirc Virtono / @virtono also did that and I appreciate that extra "nothing up our sleeve" effort.

• EddingEdding Member

@Neoon said:

@starbetrayer said:

@Neoon said:

Should switch to IPoAC.

is yours in Oradea ?
    My VPS in Bucharest is fine

• Still no word from customers that have been refunded or those with their servers recreated.

I think the announcement is fabricated.

Thanked by 1Andrews

@Edding said:

@Neoon said:

@starbetrayer said:

@Neoon said:

Should switch to IPoAC.

is yours in Oradea ?
    My VPS in Bucharest is fine

Dedi in Oradea, should have said that.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Just like we have "Hetzner Online chitchat" for all Hetzner-related discussions, I say this thread should then be renamed to "HostSolutions chitchat".

• Wow it looks so pretty

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@M66B said:

@FAT32 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    This thread is going to hit 100 pages here soon.

Page 100 = 100% recurring off deals? :D

Page 100 = 100% downtime.

100 sisters?

• I still dunno if Cociu is scamming and sold all of HDD due to Chia and bailed on us or if is he gonna return my monies or give me replacement VPS. I was a cociu supporter for long time but he is fucking us more than sisters. I am downright disappointed with this shit show and how cociu is handling it.

@ps20090 said: I am downright disappointed with this shit show and how cociu is handling it.

By how things are going now and have been going, that would be an understatement :)

@thedp said: By how things are going now and have been going, that would be an understatement

What is worse is that he doesn't seem to learn at the needed pace.
    I would go to great lengths to support people which improve and learn but if he did learn something, it is way too little, way too slow.
    I think he failed at the point where 90% of the people fail, delegating.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Thanked by 2LowLowLow Gabitzuu

@Maounique said:

@thedp said: By how things are going now and have been going, that would be an understatement

What is worse is that he doesn't seem to learn at the needed pace.
    I would go to great lengths to support people which improve and learn but if he did learn something, it is way too little, way too slow.
    I think he failed at the point where 90% of the people fail, delegating.

I'm sure a lot of people here (especially providers) would be willing to help and guide him if he would just put his ego aside, be humble and admit to his mistakes.

But as of now, it seems that he has no interest in turning over a new leaf and if that remains the way it is, this whole fiasco will eventually repeat itself.

Thanked by 2Shazan Fazzil
This discussion has been closed.