Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

The system somehow marks my order as "fraud" and now I have a "rejected" service and a "canceled" invoice. Am I in trouble?

• Yeah, the G-Men will visit you tonight and ask for an explanation for the fraud.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @VirMach I was wrongfully deducted $8.88 twice :D

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@yoursunny said:
    The system somehow marks my order as "fraud" and now I have a "rejected" service and a "canceled" invoice. Am I in trouble?

Just reply to the generated ticket and let us know the system's making an error (or read the reply and see why it was rejected.) Then we can re-activate it usually.

Thanked by 2user123 ucenter
  • I have the invoice ,but i cant log in ,what can i do?

• Someone should just code up a separate lightweight sales solution that ties into WHMCS for authentication but otherwise operates independently and doesn't bring the server to its knees. But I feel like secretly people enjoy the rush that comes with all these slow loading times, errors, and trying to outrun the other buyers.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Are we done for the night then?

• @VirMach said: Alright guys this isn't fun anymore, there's disk wait on 2x NVMe's and you're overloading 32 cores on a sold out package.

The BFCM page still has the "Order Now" button enabled though... Shouldn't your page be changing it to "Switching soon"... People not following this thread will keep hitting the OoS error, but that's still unnecessary load on billing server...

• @VirMach said: Alright guys this isn't fun anymore, there's disk wait on 2x NVMe's and you're overloading 32 cores (on a sold out package that can't be purchased anymore.*)

I think marking the offer sold would help.
    You can still click "ORDER NOW" on /black-friday-cyber-monday/ and I would assume all those deal trackers also shows it as "BUY NOW". So bots are clicking, people too, dogs too.

• @JoeMerit said:
    Are we done for the night then?

No, the night is still young :-)

• user123user123 Member
    edited December 2020

@yoursunny said:

My service/order was also marked as rejected with a cancelled invoice.

Edit: I replied to the ticket that was automatically opened. crosses fingers and toes

• @Chronic said: But I feel like secretly people enjoy the rush that comes with all these slow loading times, errors, and trying to outrun the other buyers.

^ This. That's the whole point of BF/CM. Pity there is no way to do this digitally:

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @VirMach said: Cancelled, and paid? Cancelled, and an invoice that is also cancelled? Cancelled and no invoice, or cancelled invoice and blank service?

>

It returned a 502 error without taking me to the Alipay page. All the invoices were cancelled when I checked in clientarea.

Alright guys the next one has 394 quantity on it. Pretty please don't crash the website. Hey, maybe it's a bad offer anyway who knows any more I just put in random numbers at this point.

Yeah I mean yuck it's Buffalo just don't click it. Actually sorry, I have to raise the price a bit I don't trust you guys not to crash the site otherwise.

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited December 2020

@JabJab said:

@VirMach said: Alright guys this isn't fun anymore, there's disk wait on 2x NVMe's and you're overloading 32 cores (on a sold out package that can't be purchased anymore.*)

I think marking the offer sold would help.
    You can still click "ORDER NOW" on /black-friday-cyber-monday/ and I would assume all those deal trackers also shows it as "BUY NOW". So bots are clicking, people too, dogs too.

@ddhhz needs to code that up. I think currently it only changes once a new deal is available.

Edit: I assumed you were referring to the tracker. VirMach's site also needs to change.

• We promise we will be gentle >:)

Thanked by 1Unicom
  • @VirMach said:
    Alright guys the next one has 394 quantity on it. Pretty please don't crash the website. Hey, maybe it's a bad offer anyway who knows any more I just put in random numbers at this point.

Yeah I mean yuck it's Buffalo just don't click it. Actually sorry, I have to raise the price a bit I don't trust you guys not to crash the site otherwise.

So...$8.89/2 years for 100GB more disk?

• 32G RAM, 1G disk and 500M bandwidth.

• @quickfix said:
    We promise we will be gentle >:)

Mmhmm

"Sorry, wrong hole!"

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @VirMach said: Never refresh the payment page. If our system catches it, you'll get store credit. If it doesn't then be very specific in explaining it and probably wait until you know which ones are charged and which are just temporary authorizations.

This is why we recommend just making a deposit, a lot easier for us to manipulate store credits.

I may have refreshed the payment selection page only after getting a 502 (but not the final "cart.php?a=checkout" page). I did click "Confirm Payment" a bunch of times, since it kept hitting 502 in the background and giving me an error message about "Remote transaction(?) failed"...

• In "Services" of the client area I see 1 rejected service for the $8.88, and
    • I do see a limit decrease of about 2 x $8.88 in my CC (probably in provision, couldn't check that yet, due to "temporary interruption" in bank's app/servers - am I unlucky with servers tonight or what?!)...

I'll wait to clarify provision/charge situation... : ( (and keep the fund trick in mind, thanks)

@quickfix said:
    We promise we will be gentle >:)

You lied to me, the server's already overloading :'(

• Drop traffic from china, problem solved.

• @ben47955 said:
    Drop traffic from china, problem solved.

facts

Thanked by 1merlinvn
  • iptable -F

iptables -P INPUT DROP

iptables -P OUTPUT DROP

iptables -P FORWARD DROP

• @FAT32 are you awake?

• user123user123 Member
    edited December 2020

@saibal said:
    @FAT32 are you awake?

Try again in 2021. :P Let the poor guy get some sleep!

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@saibal said:
    FAT32 are you awake?

Yes. @VirMach any insane deals incoming to make me more awake? :joy:

Thanked by 2user123 saibal
  • saibalsaibal Member
    edited December 2020

He must be super tired but he's missing out on the VirMach rush.

Edit: He's here :D

• change the pid and provide a different promotion code everytime may help.LOL

• @FAT32 said:

@saibal said:
    FAT32 are you awake?

Yes. @VirMach any insane deals incoming to make me more awake? :joy:

Something something in Buffalo :D See VirMach's post above.