Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• Thanks Virmach! Grabbed the free SSD16G!!!

• Check again, there was an error in the listing. It's actually 32G.

• @imok said:
    Thanks Virmach! Grabbed the free SSD16G!!!

So the SSD32G is still up for grabs. Excellent ;)

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@anonym_user said: Virmach down

@user123 said: Nooooo I even got it into my cart!

@ZA_capetown said: We've got a 502 winner! (I actually got the 502 deal last year, safely in my collection, \o/ )

@saibal said: We're back to playing the CF roulette

I'm really not sure what else we can do at this point. It's definitely not the server's fault at this point, it's just not prepared to have hundreds of people try to add the same package to their cart within a couple of seconds of eachother.

We could change the settings back to where there are more seats to avoid the initial knock-out but then we'll have guaranteed slowness for an even longer period of time instead. I think this might be better, a few 502's but quick recovery (as in the server isn't in a state of being confused for 2 hours, or generating invoices without the service and vice versa with a bunch of MySQL crashes.)

Let me see if I can find a middle ground...

Thanked by 2user123 AlwaysSkint
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@saibal said:
    Check again, there was an error in the listing. It's actually 32G.

64G OH MY GOOOD NO WAAAY.

• @Neoon said:

@saibal said:

128G?!?!

• Error 502 Ray ID: 5fb09a6e36ea3538 • 2020-12-01 23:31:42 UTC
    Bad gateway

edited December 2020

@user123 said:

@Neoon said:

@saibal said:

128G?!?!

Yes

• 128G RAM with 1G disk?

• @saibal said:
    128G RAM with 1G disk?

And a free N64. Every year.

• Err 502 is your friend o:)

• "A few 502s"

LOL

• You all forgot 500MB of included premium bandwidth.

• It seems like you took down all other 000webhost sites with your flash sale :|

• billing.virmach.com
    Host
    Error

• @Chronic said:
    I spent too much money on VirMach last time. I have a feeling I'm going to do the same again, and it worries me. :sweat_smile:

That's my problem too. Last year I tell myself I'm just going to watch what the deals are and maybe buy just 1...BUT of course that's not what happened. ugh...I have this hate and love relationship with Virmach's Cyber Flash Deal...

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • I got the 8.88 deal.

Just kept hitting refresh when I saw the CF error.

/shrug

• @cmpe said:
    I got the 8.88 deal.

/shrug

@imok got the SSD16 SSD32. All for the price of free. Beat that.

• Most of us work in IT or a related field, and we all know things don't always work the way they are supposed to. We also know what it is like when users/customers/management are upset with us even when the situation is out of our control. Have some patience and understanding. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Yes, the billing server always has trouble during these events. Will it stay up long enough to get my order in? That is part of the thrill. We also have a lot of fun in this forum. Look at the pricing and lower your expectations a little. My uptime is amazing for what I paid. I signed up for an Azure trial, and I couldn't believe what Microsoft charges for a similarly configured VM. If you want a true bottom-of-the-barrel host, go look at CloudAtCost.

• Personally, I'd set up a separate vm with a simple form that looks for a deal hash and an email address, then mails the first x entries a single use code to order with. Anyone spamming that server or guessing dealnames gets locked out. Why would you put all the load on your primary billing/db?

• Oh man. This is one broken billing system. Trying to select the credit card and it just keeps jumping around to a different selection and throwing errors. xD

• @VirMach how many of the 8.88 were in stock and how many are left?

• @saibal said:

@cmpe said:
    I got the 8.88 deal.

/shrug

@imok got the SSD16 SSD32. All for the price of free. Beat that.

Eh, I got two free last year as part of the... "hunt" and if I understood it right it renews at a higher pice.

But I wanted to get a low cost one I can keep longer than one year at the original price.

• @saibal said: how many of the 8.88 were in stock

@saibal said: and how many are left?

Thanked by 2saibal user123
  • Finger Crossed 🤞

Thanked by 1saibal
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@yoursunny said:
    Too good to be true:

$8.88/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    1920MB RAM
    2 vCORE
    45GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

It would be a nice Nextcloud box.

So the $8.88 is back, I can't resist so I attempted to order, but the fraud check system rejected the order.
    Anyway, there's no invoice generated. I guess Cloudflare doesn't want me to order.

• @cmpe said: Eh, I got two free last year as part of the... "hunt" and if I understood it right it renews at a higher pice.

But I wanted to get a low cost one I can keep longer than one year at the original price.

Not the SSD32G. It's free and forever.

• Frustrating I quit

• @forces said:
    Being in LET is the ONLY way to know all these providers in the forum? Fantastic reasoning. Your universe is so conveniently travel i assume, since it is so small, just within LET? since you have at least 2 providers, and its from your mouth that its either virmach level of service or AWS, so where did francisco stands?
    you cant stand your words backfire, so you put in ur experience. unfortunately, what ever you said, still backfire at you.

Francisco is fantastic, solidly in the top-tier of providers and significantly more expensive to match, I just wasn't trying to push his products in virmach's thread. My original comment was if you expect AWS levels of performance and support, you need to expect to pay AWS prices, I wasn't implying AWS is the only other option. If you've actually got experience with a lot of low price vps providers, you'd know that the cheapest deals are almost always lacking in one area or another, whether it's uptime, performance, or support. With virmach, IME that downside is the billing server being on fire during these flash sales, which is pretty minor compared to some providers. If it's too big of a downside for you, I'd suggest just taking the refund you were offered and moving somewhere you're happy with. Granted it'll likely cost quite a bit more than $9, but maybe they'll provision it fast.

1. Get to the offer page
    2. Put that fucking offer into the cart
    3. Make it to the checkout
    4. Pass the checkout
    5. Pay the INVOICE
    6. Profit?

I don't count the reloads I need anymore.
    So far I can't even pay the invoice.