Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@netguy said: Virmach billing is unavailable, permanent errors: no database connection, cloudflare checking browser screen. There are no login, no payments, no account management! What's up?!

Cyber Monday has been broken!

Which database connection error are you receiving? These should not be happening anymore. Cloudflare checking browser is mostly lifted as well, which pages do you see it on?

Trying to access client login from your home page. Waited 60 seconds and no page loaded, nor error'd.

You can get an uptime robot check for that.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@netguy said: Those errors I explaned above have existed during last 2 days - today and yestarday.

DB: "Critical Error Could not connect to the database".

But not within the last few hours, correct?

• @jugganuts said: I would love to buy but can't because iv been waiting for virmach to respond to my email over 2FA device lost and account recovery for over a month now.

We have hundreds of these requests throughout the months and it's a lot of information that has to be verified to ensure account security. We can't spend a significant amount of time on these requests so they are attended to as we have spare time. Each request may take 15 to 30 minutes to process.

Other than that, it's 2FA, and customers are provided a backup code. If they lost it, they can consider themselves permanently locked out of their account. Of course, we can assist them as if they are an external party (so if a customer wants their card removed and provides proof of ownership we can remove that from any account which would effectively achieve being able to cancel a service, for example.)

Since we do not force 2FA onto people, we expect those who use it want maximum security and we cannot undermine it by doing quick resets without verifying every single piece of information, and we simply did not expect that high of a number of people to lose their 2FA after setting it up of their own free will, while also not taking it seriously enough to store their backup code in a secure location. We would not offer an option to enable 2FA if we knew these people would not write down their backup code or lose it.

I can understand waiting... not a problem.

But i already opened a ticket waited 2 weeks for that response which you requested details via email.. ok not a problem.

now with 1 month after that email has been sent still no response... i understand this was my error i know better now, but this lack in response is just crappy customer service.

hopefully you respond too that email before all my services go belly up and my account is left in bad standing...

• @bakageta said: A whole 3 hours? Whatever will you do? There's a warning right at the top of the sale that says sometimes provisioning will take longer, and the billing server is currently on fire. Check back tonight, or in the morning, or go pay AWS prices if you expect AWS service.

its either virmach or AWS? why are you in this forum anyway? any other provider in this forum are invisible to you? So to you every single provider in this forum provided the same level of service?
    by saying so, i dont think you have much experience with many provider in the forum dont you?

• @VirMach said:

@netguy said: Those errors I explaned above have existed during last 2 days - today and yestarday.

DB: "Critical Error Could not connect to the database".

But not within the last few hours, correct?

I can see your main page and other pages of the main site now. If I try to make an order no page is loading.

• bakagetabakageta Member
    edited December 2020

@forces said:
    by saying so, i dont think you have much experience with many provider in the forum dont you?

You've been here for 3 months, I'm sure you've got TONS of experience with providers here. :D I've got active services with virmach and buyvm, and have tried well over a dozen providers here and on LEB, though I tend to lurk. More than a few took more than a couple hours to provision, and several of them had truly awful performance/reliability. The reason virmach is popular is the prices are great and the service is reliable, you're just expecting far more than you're paying for. Feel free to go spend hundreds buying from various other providers in your own trial and error though, or expect to pay more for the level of service you want.

• @bakageta said: You've been here for 3 months, I'm sure you've got TONS of experience with providers here. I've got active services with virmach and buyvm, and have tried well over a dozen providers here and on LET, though I tend to lurk. More than a few took more than a couple hours to provision, and several of them had truly awful performance/reliability. The reason virmach is popular is the prices are great and the service is reliable, you're just expecting far more than you're paying for. Feel free to go spend hundreds buying from various other providers in your own trial and error though, or expect to pay more for the level of service you want.

Being in LET is the ONLY way to know all these providers in the forum? Fantastic reasoning. Your universe is so conveniently travel i assume, since it is so small, just within LET? since you have at least 2 providers, and its from your mouth that its either virmach level of service or AWS, so where did francisco stands?
    you cant stand your words backfire, so you put in ur experience. unfortunately, what ever you said, still backfire at you.

• @forces - I think what people are trying to tell you is...

If you've been part of previous @Virmach BF/CF/Cyberweek flash events, you'll know it's great and legendary

...yes at the start there might be some hick-ups and yes for a couple of days some things will go slower and have less response than usual

But we know that, and in the end it's all worth it.

If you don't have the patience, or such events aren't fun to you, then you might be better off asking for a refund and not taking part.

One thing everyone can testify of is that despite any chaos, @VirMach will always do his best to ensure that no one was treated unfairly and as you've seen above, he offers to refund even when he doesn't have to refund (unlike many other Providers during the last couple of days who had actually eyebrow-lifting attitude).

Virmach is a nice guy (you'll get use to his sarcasm and jokes).

There will be amazing deals.
    It's worth the wait and hassle.
    Just relax. :-)

Or if it's not for you... good bye and all of the best.

• @ZA_capetown said:

If you've been part of previous @Virmach BF/CF/Cyberweek flash events, you'll know it's great and legendary

Sure!

• @ZA_capetown said: he offers to refund even when he doesn't have to refund

on this part, i am fully agree with you. indeed, he does not have to refund. The best i can do is a paypal dispute which is obviously lame. For this, he is being awesome.

what triggered me really is the saying where they are so confident that their web will work and thus released the 8.88. the result is obviously not to his liking and thus he did disappear a few hours to fix the issue, however it is still not fix from what i am looking at, whole client area is under maintenance now. this, is also a fact.

still, virmach is entitled to run the business as they see fit, with attitude as they see fit. likewise, as a paying customer, i too entitled to have my opinion, with facts nonetheless.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2020

@SirFoxy said:
    ppl commenting negative things about virmach need to understand they're a bottom of the barrel provider, the prices are cheap, it's mostly automated, and you can expect a mid to lower tier experience. in short it's good for the price but don't expect too much and it's fine.

WUT.

I certainly wouldn't call VirMach "bottom of the barrel"... They're actually one of the better providers I've used. Their support is good and the servers themselves are great. I've been using them for maybe four years now. I've got a Black Friday 2018 VPS with them that's had a solid 100% uptime for many months now - The last recorded outage in my monitoring was back in July when I rebooted for a kernel upgrade.

The issues with the billing system have no reflection on the quality of their VPSes. They're likely getting FLOODED with traffic at the moment with people trying to get the flash sales.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • @forces yes... I understand how you explain to see it, that it can aggravate and frustrate you

...but I think it's mostly due to a misunderstanding and not knowing the culture/vibe of the people yet (re: other comment mentioning you've only been here 2 months etc)

the "over confident" statement - I'm pretty sure was more tong-in-cheek / sarcastic / touching wood than anything close to being arrogant.... (things have a way of going wrong at the start of BF/CM... it's not a secret)

and when he disappears... yes, it can be very frustrating not knowing what's going on... but it's not because he doesn't care or doesn't want to reply - it's usually when he's working his ass off trying to fix everything ASAP.

So my advice is, try to re-read some of the lines and situations to see if it was maybe meant differently than you perceived it (and yes, I admit that even after years I'm not always 100% sure when @virmach is serious or maybe joking :smiley:

but for now, at least give him the benefit of doubt... there will be great deals and in a week or two you'll laugh about having been upset now. :smile:

@ZA_capetown said: and when he disappears... yes, it can be very frustrating not knowing what's going on... but it's not because he doesn't care or doesn't want to reply - it's usually when he's working his ass off trying to fix everything ASAP.

Hey, I'm back and this is right. I was working the entire time on figuring out the weird configuration issue causing the slowdowns.

The website should be smooth for everyone now, can you guys confirm before we re-start the flash offers? I can't promise the issue won't come back with the flash sales but at least then we know we're on good settings now and the flash offers need to be changed/reconfigured.

@forces said: what triggered me really is the saying where they are so confident that their web will work and thus released the 8.88. the result is obviously not to his liking and thus he did disappear a few hours to fix the issue, however it is still not fix from what i am looking at, whole client area is under maintenance now. this, is also a fact.

@JabJab said "famous last words" when I said the maintenance was complete, and he was right because it actually wasn't complete and another issue came up. I basically agreed with him here and pretended like I was trying to prove him wrong (when I wasn't.) In any case, I was planning the cheaper offer because I wanted to ensure that the new server could hold up and if it didn't that we could tweak it.

Thanked by 2ZA_capetown user123
  • @VirMach said:

The website should be smooth for everyone now, can you guys confirm before we re-start the flash offers? I can't promise the issue won't come back with the flash sales but at least then we know we're on good settings now and the flash offers need to be changed/reconfigured.

I can confirm the panel is working smoothly now.

• @VirMach said:

confirming that clientarea seems to be working correctly again... maybe tiny bit sluggish, but millions times better than before. :-) great stuff

• @VirMach said: The website should be smooth for everyone now, can you guys confirm before we re-start the flash offers?

Yes, the client area seems to be working smoothly now!

The plan json is coming back as 0 bytes (with HTTP 200) though? Is the file actually currently empty?

• @forces said:

I've purchased from Virmach when it's non-BF sales. Just regular monthly plans. I've found that those are pretty quick to provision but I purchase them during non-sale times. But with BF sales, it's always been slower. I think I've had the fastest was provisioned within 2hr and the slowest was at least a 6hrs wait. That's just been the norm.

@jugganuts said: now with 1 month after that email has been sent still no response... i understand this was my error i know better now, but this lack in response is just crappy customer service

I disagree here. It's good customer service that we're not billing you for this request, and that we're processing it in the first place even though a "recovery" process outside of backup codes is not described anywhere on our website, or promised, and we actually try to explain quite the opposite in any situation we get the chance.

I know we added in some heavy disclaimers, but assuming you enabled this when those were not present, the default still states:

The backup code is needed to access your account in the event you cannot complete two-factor authentication.

It does not state "contacting us with supporting documents is needed" or anything else. This is the only option presented.

So please do not say a lack of response is crappy customer service. If a lack of response bothers you, consider our default response to be that you locked yourself out of your account and that you need to now use the only other option, a backup code. We can easily respond with that, and then you do not have to wait a month for a response. Would you prefer that?

@TheWizard said: The plan json is coming back as 0 bytes (with HTTP 200) though? Is the file actually currently empty?

Yes, we've switched off the flash sale until we can confirm client area is smooth for everyone, and we're waiting for the developer to work in the patch to stop it from freezing up.

Then we'll fire it back up and see how it goes.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • JUST RELEASE THE DEALS!

:)

• @JabJab said:
    JUST RELEASE THE DEALS!

:)

NO NO NO!!! I want to have normal sleep schedules!!!

• @VirMach start with cheapy one to see if it can hold heavy volume.

• It's 1:13am here... sleep, what's that? :-D

• Yup, Client Area back to normal and I agree that it's a bit sluggish.
    @Virmach Ignore the naysayers - we know that you're working on it. :)

• @FZhang said: NO NO NO!!! I want to have normal sleep schedules!!!

Well... we'll never be able to get a straight answer out of him... but my guess is that it wasn't an accident that the title of the thread says "Cyber Week"!?... Many of the regretted idler impulse buys from last year will become available as late as 12/06 (or at least that was when I bought a couple last year!)... So, I have no inside information on their stock situation of course, but once the deals start, I'm guessing they will keep on for at least(?) a couple of days... We shall see!... :)

• Virmach down :neutral:

• Nooooo I even got it into my cart!

• We've got a 502 winner! (I actually got the 502 deal last year, safely in my collection, \o/ )

• We're back to playing the CF roulette :D

• I spent too much money on VirMach last time. I have a feeling I'm going to do the same again, and it worries me. :sweat_smile:

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Blame everything on CF.