Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

microLXC Public Test - Page 33
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

microLXC Public Test

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@shruub said:

@Neoon said:
    I added a 384MB KVM too on Helsinki.
    Since 256MB seems to barely work with netboot.xyz to get any installer up.

I will add more iso's and an option to switch iso's later.

I think I've never heard somebody having/offering 384MB :^). Thinking about it, I kinda want to get a local server up again just to do a few 384MB kvms.

Virmach did and some others too.

Thanked by 3shruub Void 0xC7
  • jobayerjobayer Member

:cry: i don't have 50 likes . Nobody likes me :cry:

Thanked by 3shruub Carlin0 Ganonk
  • @Neoon said: Are you sure about the traffic though?

I didn't know about the long delay in updating the traffic data. So it works as it should.
    👍

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member

@jobayer said:
    :cry: i don't have 50 likes . Nobody likes me :cry:

You should participate more...

Thanked by 1jobayer
  • shruubshruub Member

I think we've had this discussion before but I can't remember, but you also disallow i2p/tor hidden services/sites even if they just mirror a clearweb site, right?

@shruub said:
    I think we've had this discussion before but I can't remember, but you also disallow i2p/tor hidden services/sites even if they just mirror a clearweb site, right?

Yes, I doesn't matter.
    Again, its a free project, I am not going to differentiate in-between if its a legal torrent or ilegal or if its a tor relay or tor exit or whatnot.

If we get an abuse and you happen to have a Torrent client running, you are getting terminated.
    Not to speak of, that a bunch of sponsors don't want any TOR or Torrent on their network too.

• shruubshruub Member
    edited March 15

@Neoon said:

@shruub said:

Yes, I doesn't matter.
    Again, its a free project, I am not going to differentiate in-between if its a legal torrent or ilegal or if its a tor relay or tor exit or whatnot.

If we get an abuse and you happen to have a Torrent client running, you are getting terminated.
    Not to speak of, that a bunch of sponsors don't want any TOR or Torrent on their network too.

Sure thing.

Edit: rereading this comment, it sounds sarcastic, which I didn't mean to :^).

• CatalinCatalin Member

507c-6a57-4573-ca45

Lets give it a try :)

• CatalinCatalin Member

33a8-0e31-9b3b-e42e

Second try.. first was a fail :)

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member

@Catalin it seems to me that @Neoon has to enable you manually

• CatalinCatalin Member

@Carlin0 I've sent him a DM :)

edited March 20

@Carlin0 said:
    @Catalin it seems to me that @Neoon has to enable you manually

I still automatic, however when you apply via LET, you don't have a quota.
    Hence you can't deploy anything.

Due to people registering new accounts just to push themself.
    So they meet the requirements and the system lets them pass.

The easy fix is just manual approval after you registered, which we have currently.
    On LES and HB you can still pass automatically, since we don't really have anyone abusing it.

Fun fact, after manual approval on LET, so far all of the requests have been legit.
    The abuse is gone for now.

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member

Then it is likely that I got confused between LET and LES :)

• CatalinCatalin Member
    edited March 20

@Neoon for me, is just a testing environment. :smile:

• CatalinCatalin Member
    edited March 20

@Carlin0 said: Then it is likely that I got confused between LET and LES

Nah.. for old folks like me.. they are still two separate communities. :smile:

Damn looking now.. i am a member of this community since 2013, even older than @Neoon >:)

• df4b-8516-31d8-bdaa

I am gonna give this a try : )

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member

@Catalin said:
    Damn looking now.. i am a member of this community since 2013

For 11 years you wrote few comments

• CatalinCatalin Member

@Carlin0 said: For 11 years you wrote few comments

I'm not a talker, more of a doer ;)

/48 IPv6 for PK is on the way, should be available in the next few days.
    Took a bit longer than expected.

No ETA for Tokyo though.
    The containers on Tokyo have been restarted today accidentally, I needed to replace a certificate however I did a restart instead of a reload, hence the reboot.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • shruubshruub Member

Sorry for using this as a support thread (but I also guess it kinda is?), when I'd terminate a 512MB box, I'd keep theses ressources and launch a 64MB and a 256MB box for example, right?

@shruub said:
    Sorry for using this as a support thread (but I also guess it kinda is?), when I'd terminate a 512MB box, I'd keep theses ressources and launch a 64MB and a 256MB box for example, right?

Once the container or vm is deleted, it will not longer get deducted from your quota yes.
    You can use it again to deploy another machine.

Thanked by 1shruub

Finland currently has network issues, I had to reboot the node.
    Out of Stock for now.

As soon as I know more, I will post it here.

Thanked by 1Carlin0

@Neoon said:
    Out of Stock for now.

The issue has been found, a switch gone bad.
    Its gonna be replaced next week, if it gets unstable again, earlier.

Stock has been enabled again.

@Neoon said:

@Neoon said:
    Out of Stock for now.

The issue has been found, a switch gone bad.
    Its gonna be replaced next week, if it gets unstable again, earlier.

Stock has been enabled again.

Switch has been replaced.

Thanked by 1Void

Restocked Finland.

openSUSE image has been removed, since the official Imageserver does not build it any longer.
    If you have an openSUSE container, you can still use it, however you can't create any new ones.

Testing the nixOS image currently, since officially its not supported by LXD, but seems to work well.
    Should be added soon, hopefully.

Thanked by 2host_c Carlin0
  • askmeaskme Member

wow!perfect :#

• I've noticed that some containers show wrong ipv6 addresses in the panel(7dfb-30ac-c97a-4ef1 and 5f76-1a03-a751-dad1). There seems to be a QUOTA for the number of containers created per day? So I can't creating containers multiple times to find out if it's a problem with a location or a image. But i think it's unrelated to their creation time.

Besides, I can't manage one container in the panel, tried several times at different times but no response, but everything works fine with SSH. ID 1091-c485-611c-1792

@fadedmaple said:
    I've noticed that some containers show wrong ipv6 addresses in the panel(7dfb-30ac-c97a-4ef1 and 5f76-1a03-a751-dad1). There seems to be a QUOTA for the number of containers created per day? So I can't creating containers multiple times to find out if it's a problem with a location or a image. But i think it's unrelated to their creation time.

Besides, I can't manage one container in the panel, tried several times at different times but no response, but everything works fine with SSH. ID 1091-c485-611c-1792

The IPv6 address is allocated randomly by the DHCP server, I don't have any control over it.
    It should however update in the Panel after deployment or reinstall.
    Will check on that.

Yea, Auckland had an Outage again, I was aware of the outage however not that it was rebooted. I should have checked that. Is fixed.

What OS templates and Locations do you have issues with?

Thanked by 1fadedmaple
  • @Neoon said:

@fadedmaple said:
    I've noticed that some containers show wrong ipv6 addresses in the panel(7dfb-30ac-c97a-4ef1 and 5f76-1a03-a751-dad1). There seems to be a QUOTA for the number of containers created per day? So I can't creating containers multiple times to find out if it's a problem with a location or a image. But i think it's unrelated to their creation time.

The IPv6 address is allocated randomly by the DHCP server, I don't have any control over it.
    It should however update in the Panel after deployment or reinstall.
    Will check on that.

Yea, Auckland had an Outage again, I was aware of the outage however not that it was rebooted. I should have checked that. Is fixed.

What OS templates and Locations do you have issues with?

I can confirm Aukland is fixed.

The locations are Norway and Romania. If I'm not mistaken I always choose ubuntu 22.04, but I've done some reinstalls and the 22.04 image seems updated frequently.
    I tried deploying a new Dutch container with 22.04 and the IP wouldn't update either. Everything works fine in SSH, it doesn't really affect normal usage