Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

microLXC Public Test - Page 32
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

microLXC Public Test

Comments

• shaikhmanalshaikhmanal Member
    edited February 14

@Neoon said:

@shaikhmanal said:

@Neoon said:

@shaikhmanal said:
    Do you guys still support Post4VPS.com? I know its been dead for 3 years now but the option remains. Of course, not a new register but inactive account. You can even see my latest post there.

No, Post4VPS has been declared as dead, then it has been hacked too, so even the password reset has been disabled since that. He didn't even bother force resetting users passwords.

I already posted that 2021.
    https://post4vps.com/Thread-microLXC-Public-Test?pid=42488#pid42488

The next post to that of yours is mine. Would I be eligible by any chance to claim?

If you meet the requirements here on LET sure.
    I can't verify in any way that this Account there belongs to you.

What I did, was enable the possibility to reset passwords for accounts on Post4VPS.
    Since you claim its your account, then go ahead and reset the password.

If its your account, should work out fine, you can add your email address under your account, send me a email request your account to be moved to LET.

Do I really need to reset the password when I can already login? Plus both of my LET and P4V account have same email.

As for "Send me a email request", where and how would I do that? Sorry for asking too many questions!

Edit: I also can't send you PM on there because the PM feature seems to have been disabled by admins.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@shaikhmanal said:

@Neoon said:

@shaikhmanal said:

@Neoon said:

@shaikhmanal said:
    Do you guys still support Post4VPS.com? I know its been dead for 3 years now but the option remains. Of course, not a new register but inactive account. You can even see my latest post there.

No, Post4VPS has been declared as dead, then it has been hacked too, so even the password reset has been disabled since that. He didn't even bother force resetting users passwords.

I already posted that 2021.
    https://post4vps.com/Thread-microLXC-Public-Test?pid=42488#pid42488

The next post to that of yours is mine. Would I be eligible by any chance to claim?

If you meet the requirements here on LET sure.
    I can't verify in any way that this Account there belongs to you.

What I did, was enable the possibility to reset passwords for accounts on Post4VPS.
    Since you claim its your account, then go ahead and reset the password.

If its your account, should work out fine, you can add your email address under your account, send me a email request your account to be moved to LET.

Do I really need to reset the password when I can already login? Plus both of my LET and P4V account have same email.

Are you nuts?
    You said on the other forum, that you ran into the error "Existing accounts need to login.".

You tried to register again, but you already got an account and can login.
    Then you asked me if you can register again here on LET.

"The next post to that of yours is mine. Would I be eligible by any chance to claim?"

Dude, you have an account already.

As for "Send me a email request", where and how would I do that? Sorry for asking too many questions!

Edit: I also can't send you PM on there because the PM feature seems to have been disabled by admins.

You know what email means? Yes I am aware that PM's are disabled.

• There seems to have been a misunderstanding. I misunderstood "Existing accounts need to login" with that asking me to login to Post4VPS.

Anyways, I followed the procedure but to no avail. I also updated my post on Post4VPS.

edited February 14

@shaikhmanal said:
    There seems to have been a misunderstanding. I misunderstood "Existing accounts need to login" with that asking me to login to Post4VPS.

Yes there is, I don't have anything to do with Post4VPS.

Anyways, I followed the procedure but to no avail. I also updated my post on Post4VPS.

You said you can login, why would you reset your password?
    I give up on this.

If anyone wants to help him.

• I can't reset my password on microlxc.net but I can for p4v.

You don't have to be a dick if you don't want to help.

@shaikhmanal said:
    I can't reset my password on microlxc.net but I can for p4v.

Listen, this is a free service and you just called me a dick.
    I told you what to do, there is clearly a language barrier, everything I say, you barely understand.

I can' tell if its intentional or not, but if you insult me again, you be first one booted of microLXC.

• @shaikhmanal said:

wth stoopid choice of words

Debian/Devuan has issues with 64MB, so I disabled it again.
    It doesn't work reliable enough.

• OSs that use systemd have issues with very little ram

@Carlin0 said:
    OSs that use systemd have issues with very little ram

Yea 96MB doesn't work either, has to be 128MB.
    SWAP isn't an option either.

I said before that some packages are capped at 25 or 50% CPU.

That isn't how the scheduling works, technically you can peak to 100% for the cores you have.
    However, should the CPU be loaded, you will be throttled to the configured cap.

So the bigger packages get more CPU time but the priority on all packages is the same.
    If there should be ever a shortage of CPU time, which I never have seen so far on the monitoring.

@fadedmaple said:
    Can you let us change the hostname displayed in the panel? Or could you add the country code to the Package like microRO? It's very hard for me to remember exactly where Valdivia Sandefjord is. o:) Also auckland why microSD and not microNZ?

I will include flags on the next patch for the dashboard.

Thanked by 2shruub fadedmaple
  • fadedmaplefadedmaple Member
    edited March 3

Looks awesome.

• StrikerrStrikerr Member

No JP flag

• On registration there is a comment "The Username needs to match your forum username." which forum you mean ?

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member
    edited March 4

@Vs2FreeUsers said:
    On registration there is a comment "The Username needs to match your forum username." which forum you mean ?

PS : Read this

@Strikerr said:
    No JP flag

Thanked by 1host_c

Helsinki is now available, No IPv6 however, plan was running a wg tunnel back to Norway, however routing was not feasible.
    Right now its without IPv6 and probably will stay this way, local brokers are available though.

Thanks to https://pulsedmedia.com

Currently 4 Packages are available.

• 1x Core (100%), 512MB, 10GB ZFS Raid 1, 1TB @ 200Mbit
    • 1x Core (100%), 512MB, 50GB ZFS Raid 1, 1TB @ 200Mbit, Limited to 5
    • 1x Core (100%), 1024MB, 25GB ZFS Raid 1, 1TB @ 200Mbit
    • 1x Core (100%), 1024MB, 50GB ZFS Raid 1, 1TB @ 200Mbit, Limited to 5

This Location will be KVM only for now, since this is our first machine with Debian, I don't have a live kernel patching solution yet so no LXC, expect a reboot though every now and then, will be announced here.
    Because we don't have smoler packages available, the is currently a 50% discount off the memory usage, so if you get the 512MB package it will be calculated as 256MB and so on until the Node is about half full.

• VoidVoid Member

100% means the cores are dedicated?

@Void said:
    100% means the cores are dedicated?

You can peak up to 100%, there is no cap on the core you got allocated.
    However, since the CPU only has 6 cores, that is probably no wise.

Its a Dedi yea, so nobody would complain, except when my monitoring would go off, so keep it below 50%, that should be fine.

Thanked by 2Void ElonBezos

Maintenance announcement for New Zealand.
    Expect about 60 minutes downtime at Wednesday the 14th of March at 12:30AM NZDT / 11:30AM GMT
    Due to scheduled hardware upgrades.

Thanked by 1Void

Restocked Helsinki.

Thanked by 2Void ElonBezos

Maintenance Announcement
    I have to carry out some changes on the backend, this will make the backend unavailable for roughly 1 hour or less.
    Running machines are not affected, however no tasks or deployments can be done.
    Should be done next week, Friday, 15th of March, at around 20:00 GMT.

Thanked by 2Carlin0 Void

Got SPICE working.
    You should be able to install any OS with netboot.xyz on KVM.

Spice is now available along with an option under Settings to boot from ISO (netboot.xyz).
    That will set the boot priority up and mount the ISO.

I added empty KVM's too (BYOOS), so we can offer 256MB KVM's again.
    Debian 12 isn't going to boot or run on these, some other operating systems might run though.

The 256MB KVM Package is only available in Finland right now, if there is any use, I can add it to Norway and Dronten too.

• @Neoon
    After installing a third-party operating system, memory and traffic usage statistics are no longer updated. Is it a bug or a technical limitation?

@Strikerr said:
    @Neoon
    After installing a third-party operating system, memory and traffic usage statistics are no longer updated. Is it a bug or a technical limitation?

The Memory is normal, since you don't have lxd-agent installed.
    Should be able to install it though, then shell should work again.

However, the traffic thing should not be happening.
    Will check on it later, disabled Spice again.

@Neoon said:

@Strikerr said:
    @Neoon

The Memory is normal, since you don't have lxd-agent installed.
    Should be able to install it though, then shell should work again.

However, the traffic thing should not be happening.
    Will check on it later, disabled Spice again.

I enabled SPICE again.
    Are you sure about the traffic though?

A while ago, I the system was using lxd-agent for traffic usage reporting.
    However, I have rewritten that part it doesn't do that anymore, however the traffic stats only update once per hour.

There is quite a delay until its shown in the Panel.

I added a 384MB KVM too on Helsinki.
    Since 256MB seems to barely work with netboot.xyz to get any installer up.

I will add more iso's and an option to switch iso's later.

• shruubshruub Member

@Neoon said:
    I added a 384MB KVM too on Helsinki.
    Since 256MB seems to barely work with netboot.xyz to get any installer up.

I will add more iso's and an option to switch iso's later.

I think I've never heard somebody having/offering 384MB :^). Thinking about it, I kinda want to get a local server up again just to do a few 384MB kvms.