Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

microLXC Public Test - Page 29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

microLXC Public Test

Comments

• kainjinezkainjinez Member
    edited December 2023

Do I need to configure anything related to ipv6 in Sandefjord? Have one micro there and it works with IPv4+port but cannot set it up with IPV6. I checked IPv6 noted in control panel is different to ip -6 addr. Ofc I'm a noob with this IPv6.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@kainjinez said:
    Do I need to configure anything related to ipv6 in Sandefjord? Have one micro there and it works with IPv4+port but cannot set it up with IPV6. I checked IPv6 noted in control panel is different to ip -6 addr. Ofc I'm a noob with this IPv6.

By default you get a /64, except the old Tokyo node, you only get a /70.
    If you get a /64, the IPv6 is assigned via SLAAC, which is based on your mac address of the container.

You can use any IPv6 within your /64 prefix, except the gateway.
    Yes I am aware of a bug, where the code fails to pickup the assigned IPv6 address by SLAAC.

So you see ::2 instead of the current one your container has allocated itself.

• @Neoon said:

@kainjinez said:

By default you get a /64, except the old Tokyo node, you only get a /70.
    If you get a /64, the IPv6 is assigned via SLAAC, which is based on your mac address of the container.

You can use any IPv6 within your /64 prefix, except the gateway.
    Yes I am aware of a bug, where the code fails to pickup the assigned IPv6 address by SLAAC.

So you see ::2 instead of the current one your container has allocated itself.

Thanks. It actually works from beginning but my home network does not support IPv6 lol.

• 9cef-3bca-724f-470c

As per Request, I added a 64MB Package.
    Currently Alpine is the only whitelisted OS, others will be added.

Restock is next on the list, also have to add the new Node from @host_c

A few things, before I restock.
    The Resource allocation now works a bit differently, if you deploy more than 1 Container on the same Node, the cost will increase.
    Given by the amount of containers you have/want to deploy.

For example you already have 1 Container on the same Node and you want to deploy another one.
    The cost (memory allocation) is doubled, for the 3rd its tripled and so on.

I prefer this instead of a hard limit per node.
    Second thing, regarding bigger Packages.

Currently it works like this, you can grab any Package, as long the Node has the Memory available.
    However, if the Node is getting low on Memory, it doesn't make much sense, especially on bigger packages.

Lets say the demand on one Node is high, it has roughly 1GB of Memory left to allocate, it would still offer you the 512MB Packages.
    This changes by now, in this case, the highest Package that would be available is the 256MB Package.

If the available memory gets lower, it would offer you the next smaller package respectively, downwards to 64MB.
    In the case its possible to get the Node upgraded, I will do so.

Feedback?

Change of plans, since I got some feedback.
    The cost increase will depend on the Node size.

If the Node has more than 8GB of memory, 2 containers will be calculated as before.
    The 3rd, is going to cost double.

If the Node has less than 8GB of memory, 1 container will be calculated as before.
    The second container, is going to cost double and so on.

This does not take the size of the Package into account.
    If the Node already is low on memory, even a 64MB Package would count.

Since I probably even add a 32MB Package and I don't want to cut the traffic by half, again.
    I won't exclude anything smaller than 128MB.

On bigger nodes, this rule might have an exception in the future, if traffic isn't a problem.

Oradea is now available, Native IPv6 however only a /70 and depending on version and distro, manual configuration might be required.
    In future we should get a bigger IPv6 Prefix, so it will work out of the box.

Thanks to @host_c / https://www.host-c.com

Currently 4 Packages are available.

• 1x Core (25%), 64MB, 1.3GB ZFS, 200GB with 100Mbit
    • 1x Core (50%), 128MB, 2.5GB ZFS, 400GB with 100Mbit
    • 1x Core (50%), 256MB, 3.5GB ZFS, 400GB with 100Mbit
    • 1x Core (50%), 512MB, 5GB ZFS, 400GB with 200Mbit

The new memory calculation is also live, feel free to check it.

• edited December 2023

@Neoon said: Oradea is now available, Native IPv6 however only a /70 and depending on version and distro, manual configuration might be required.

Thanks man.

Sorry to bother but is there anyone who failed to setup ufw on Arch Linux?

$ sudo ufw allow from 1.2.0.0/15 to 0.0.0.0/0 port 22
    ERROR: initcaps
    [Errno 2] modprobe: FATAL: Module ip6_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/5.15.0-91-generic
    ip6tables v1.8.10 (legacy): can't initialize ip6tables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
    Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

@ask_seek_knock said:

@Neoon said: Oradea is now available, Native IPv6 however only a /70 and depending on version and distro, manual configuration might be required.

Thanks man.

Sorry to bother but is there anyone who failed to setup ufw on Arch Linux?

$ sudo ufw allow from 1.2.0.0/15 to 0.0.0.0/0 port 22
    ERROR: initcaps
    [Errno 2] modprobe: FATAL: Module ip6_tables not found in directory /lib/modules/5.15.0-91-generic
    ip6tables v1.8.10 (legacy): can't initialize ip6tables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
    Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Eh, the iptables module is definitely in the kernel.
    Maybe the Kernel of the Host is to old for ArchLinux.

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • Hi,

My token is 6353-0c95-c1a2-2efc

Thanks

• Token: 9b50-4341-3209-7dff

Thanks!

• My token: 2d0c-964a-594d-127b

Thanks

• Looks like I got into an edge case when I was deploying on my phone. After successfully verifying the token I was asked to set a password, I went to 1password and then generated a password, 1password's autofill feature only filled the bottom half. So I switched to 1password again but couldn't find my new item, finally I returned to the browser and the window had been killed. Now I can neither reset the password nor set it up from scratch. :D

• My new token: 7942-0d60-c3d6-5e65

• Maybe I'm wrong, it deploys fine after I change the settings, hopefully there isn't a orphaned zombie container out there. Terrific project!

@fadedmaple said:
    Looks like I got into an edge case when I was deploying on my phone. After successfully verifying the token I was asked to set a password, I went to 1password and then generated a password, 1password's autofill feature only filled the bottom half. So I switched to 1password again but couldn't find my new item, finally I returned to the browser and the window had been killed. Now I can neither reset the password nor set it up from scratch. :D

No idea why 1password is not able to find the second text field.
    You could report it to them as a bug.

• @Neoon said:

@fadedmaple said:
    Looks like I got into an edge case when I was deploying on my phone. After successfully verifying the token I was asked to set a password, I went to 1password and then generated a password, 1password's autofill feature only filled the bottom half. So I switched to 1password again but couldn't find my new item, finally I returned to the browser and the window had been killed. Now I can neither reset the password nor set it up from scratch. :D

I apologize if my discussion may have lost its focus. After I didn't finish setting the password, I tried to start from the beginning using the exact same configuration, but when I click "Continue" it says error on deployment at the bottom. I've tried 3 times and it's the same, so I thought my account might already exist I might need make a password reset. Finally I switched to a different browser and it worked.
    Besides, after logging into the account, it's a bit bizarre not having the "About" and "Status" options in the navigation bar. And Valdivia seems have issues with port forwarding, I can't use IPV4 to connect to it.

@fadedmaple said:

@Neoon said:

@fadedmaple said:

I apologize if my discussion may have lost its focus. After I didn't finish setting the password, I tried to start from the beginning using the exact same configuration, but when I click "Continue" it says error on deployment at the bottom. I've tried 3 times and it's the same, so I thought my account might already exist I might need make a password reset. Finally I switched to a different browser and it worked.
    Besides, after logging into the account, it's a bit bizarre not having the "About" and "Status" options in the navigation bar. And Valdivia seems have issues with port forwarding, I can't use IPV4 to connect to it.

Well, it is a generic error message, I agree I should change it, but as you mentioned.
    You put in multiple concurrent requests, the System blocks these to prevent flooding.

The current request is bound by the session, so no idea if you cleared your cookies or as you mentioned used a different browser, so doesn't surprise me.

Yea the navbar does change depending if you logged in or not, I can add these links though.
    Someone else report this issue too, Its not related to the forwarded ports rather to a race condition.

At least what I expect it to be, if you create a container, the network card gets a different mac everytime you create or reinstall it, which also gives you a different IPv6 address but since the subnet is basically yours, it should not matter, you can just run ip addr add....

If someone creates a container and destroys it before the dhcp lease expires, the next person ending up in the same slot, will not get the IP they supposed to get because the current DHCP lease is still running.

Fix for that would be to add the ip you are given in the panel with ip addr add... or
    you wait a bit, do a reinstall, so you have a different mac and the dhcp server should hand out the correct ip.

Thanked by 1fadedmaple
  • fadedmaplefadedmaple Member
    edited January 9

@Neoon said:

@fadedmaple said:

@Neoon said:

@fadedmaple said:

Well, it is a generic error message, I agree I should change it, but as you mentioned.
    You put in multiple concurrent requests, the System blocks these to prevent flooding.

The current request is bound by the session, so no idea if you cleared your cookies or as you mentioned used a different browser, so doesn't surprise me.

Yea the navbar does change depending if you logged in or not, I can add these links though.
    Someone else report this issue too, Its not related to the forwarded ports rather to a race condition.

At least what I expect it to be, if you create a container, the network card gets a different mac everytime you create or reinstall it, which also gives you a different IPv6 address but since the subnet is basically yours, it should not matter, you can just run ip addr add....

If someone creates a container and destroys it before the dhcp lease expires, the next person ending up in the same slot, will not get the IP they supposed to get because the current DHCP lease is still running.

Fix for that would be to add the ip you are given in the panel with ip addr add... or
    you wait a bit, do a reinstall, so you have a different mac and the dhcp server should hand out the correct ip.

I mean I can't connect with the hinted ssh command and the IPV4 address. I checked the Internal IP and the gateway in webshell and everything is correct, curl ipinfo.io gets the same public IPV4 as in the dashboard. I also tried using socat to listen to the range of ports I was assigned to which doesn't work either, servers in other regions are functioning normally so I think there may be a problem with the port forwarding, the machine ID is d311-8746-ae3a-2462. The webshell is so fast and handy, what a great project!

@fadedmaple said:

@Neoon said:

@fadedmaple said:

@Neoon said:

@fadedmaple said:

I mean I can't connect with the hinted ssh command and the IPV4 address. I checked the Internal IP and the gateway in webshell and everything is correct, curl ipinfo.io gets the same public IPV4 as in the dashboard. I also tried using socat to listen to the range of ports I was assigned to which doesn't work either, servers in other regions are functioning normally so I think there may be a problem with the port forwarding, the machine ID is d311-8746-ae3a-2462. The webshell is so fast and handy, what a great project!

Yeah looks like a issue with iptables but can say why yet.
    Will take a look later.

Thanked by 1fadedmaple

@Neoon said:

@fadedmaple said:

@Neoon said:

@fadedmaple said:

@Neoon said:

@fadedmaple said:

Yeah looks like a issue with iptables but can say why yet.
    Will take a look later.

Fixed.

Thanked by 2ElonBezos fadedmaple
  • Could anynone share with me a wireguard setup script for alpine linux please? This one works but does not support ipv6.
    @Neoon Sorry to bother you. I just wonder if there is any ETA on Debian image for the 64MB package? I cannot live without it.

Thanked by 1Void
  • VoidVoid Member

@gdnotme said:
    Debian image for the 64MB package

I’m also interested in this

@jmaxwell said:

@gdnotme said:
    Debian image for the 64MB package

I’m also interested in this

Well, I don't make images, yet, would be the same image.
    However, I didn't had time to test if debian runs well on 64MB.

Hence its not available on 64MB.
    I have mixed reports on this, so, no idea until tested.

• VoidVoid Member

it works alright on OpenVZ for sure
    (Natvps UK server)

@jmaxwell said:

it works alright on OpenVZ for sure
    (Natvps UK server)

I whitelisted Debian 10 for 64MB.

Thanked by 1Void
  • 0xC70xC7 Member

jmaxwell said: it works alright on OpenVZ for sure (Natvps UK server)

(about debian 10 run on 64 MB ram VPS) ... but on your screenshot, there is 256 MB swap ... does natvps enable ram swap, or you just create disk/partition-swap? I just remember when old debian (6 or 8) run smoothly at nat-openvz6 vps of inceptionhosting at the time (mainly running openvpn, dns, hosting static-html, some bash scripts ... and test/diagnostic tools )
    I guess Debian 10 for 64 MB vps template must be heavily modified then :#

I whitelisted everything from Debian 10 to 12 and Devuan, should be the same.
    Idle usage is somwhat 8MB, apt-get installs stuff fine, so I guess should be good.

Thanked by 3ElonBezos mrs92 0xC7
  • @Neoon said:
    I whitelisted everything from Debian 10 to 12 and Devuan, should be the same.
    Idle usage is somwhat 8MB, apt-get installs stuff fine, so I guess should be good.

that's awsome news for us,

i really appreciate all your effort <3