Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules? - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules?

Comments

• Fuck this drama. Here or there, cheap is cheap. I as customer, will buy anywhere wherever I found the deal. Just give us the fucking BF offers!

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2019

@Nekki said: Reducing traffic here makes little difference to CC in the grand scheme of things.

Insofar as CC care at all about LEB and LET (and they arguably do care to the extent that they can sell ads on both), then a reduction of traffic here would make some difference to CC.

Anyway, those who have decided to leave LET haven't all decided to do so for exactly the same reason. In general, it's due to a mixed bag of reasons or emotions.

Personally, I don't hate CC, but I feel that CC haven't shown sufficient respect to the mods, who have essentially helped make LET the success that it has become, and I feel that CC now take it for granted that no one will really leave LET in the end, no matter what their complaints are, because LET is in a kind of monopoly situation. I don't like these attitudes on the part of CC, which is why I intend to leave LET.

• @Dazzle said: Fuck this drama. Here or there, cheap is cheap. I as customer, will buy anywhere wherever I found the deal. Just give us the fucking BF offers!

You're in the wrong thread, and you need to wait a bit still

• @Dazzle said:
    Here or there, cheap is cheap. I as customer, will buy anywhere wherever I found the deal.

lowendbox.com

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @angstrom said:

@Nekki said: Reducing traffic here makes little difference to CC in the grand scheme of things.

Insofar as CC care at all about LEB and LET (and they arguably do care to the extent that they can sell ads on both), then a reduction of traffic here would make some difference to CC.

I’m pretty sure if I said the sky was blue you would argue that it was actually a specific shade of blue.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

I’m pretty sure if I said the sky was blue you would argue that it was actually a specific shade of blue.

You're a hard man

• @angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

You're a hard man

Only when you talk dirty like that.

• At the moment Robin's egg blue with pale gray clouds to the south

• Another great provider from LEB, LQHosting, brought to you by CC

• If people were actually buying the CC plans, LET would be filled with topics like that though, wouldn't it?

• they would for sure, but placing the dust under the carpet, and considering yourself blessed you are not one of those suckers, does not make you a great person either

• Nekki, you're not an easily offended millennial. You have logic and reasoning in your skill set. You know that none of this "Lexit" shit matters in the grand scheme.

The others don't.

edited November 2019

@PHDan said: Nekki, you're not an easily offended millennial.

I don't think that @Nekki likes millennials

PHDan said: You know that none of this "Lexit" shit matters in the grand scheme.

In the grand scheme, very little matters, and climate change will probably kill us before Lexit is completed anyway

edited November 2019

Edit: For some reason, my comment above was doubly posted. Sorry about this

• The new LES forum is not anti-LET, nor is it bashing any members who choose to stay here. Its stated intent is to get back to the LET of old, doing more with small cheap VPSes, without the interference of CC.

Many of us remember a time when CC allowed admins and moderators to do their volunteer task without being overruled to prop up CC scam hosts. Many of us remember a time before that, when LET wasn't controlled by CC at all, as far as we know. Many have already tried for years to change the system from within, and been thwarted by CC.

HB was never meant to be a new LET, either; the atmosphere and moderation style is different, and Jar never intended to take away from LET. The old FluxBB LES forum is for the NAT VPSes. The new Vanilla talk.LES forum was flung together by Ant and is meant to grow organically, not by fiat. Many will probably lurk for a time at all three -- here, LES, and HB -- and that's fine.

Some may ask what the difference is between a forum controlled by CC and a forum controlled by Ant/IH. People who say such are unaware of the long proven track record of both CC and Ant on LET; the two could not be more different in this regard. I say this not as an IH shill; I have only minimal services with him.

It's early days of course, but as far as I'm concerned, the new Vanilla talk.LES is a return to form for LET.

• angstrom said: I don't think that @Nekki likes millennials

Not a fan, no.

• @seanho said:
    The new LES forum is not anti-LET, nor is it bashing any members who choose to stay here. Its stated intent is to get back to the LET of old, doing more with small cheap VPSes, without the interference of CC.

[...]

You said all of this really well

Thanked by 3vimalware uptime seanho
  • @drserver said:

@TimboJones said: Your goal is to reach as many potential customers and convert to customers.

My goal is to provide solid salaries to my employees, to provide best possible service to our customers and to secure healthy yearly growth. For example this year we did already 8% more than i have actually planned. That is my goal.

That's a long version of agreeing with me. That 8% includes sales from LET ads or forum participation, no? If you say you get no sales, then you can leave without any notion of principles and skip the speech. If you do get sales from LET, my last post still stands and you're hurting your growth.

It's not a business owner thing to do. Leaving LET does nothing to help your stated goals and only hurts them.

• LEB has offers that are 150 usd/month for a vps reseller thing.

I am out of here.

Thanked by 2vimalware hostdare
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2019

@TimboJones said: That 8% includes sales from LET ads or forum participation, no?

No

Thanked by 2uptime kkrajk
  • @angstrom said:

@seanho said:
    The new LES forum is not anti-LET, nor is it bashing any members who choose to stay here. Its stated intent is to get back to the LET of old, doing more with small cheap VPSes, without the interference of CC.

[...]

Although literally none of it actually needed stating. Probably the least controversial post in this thread.

But at this point, everyone else is weighing in with the 3 paragraphs of insight, so why the fuck not, eh?

• peepeepoopoo

• @teamacc said:
    LEB has offers that are 150 usd/month for a vps reseller thing.

I am out of here.

It's like they've entered a different Universe now:

Up to 25 VPS
    35 vCPU Cores
    54GB RAM
    600GB SSD Storage
    Unmetered Transfer
    25x IPv4
    1Gbps uplink
    Windows License Included
    VPS Control Panel
    Fully white label
    $150/mo

Thanked by 3uptime ITLabs angstrom
  • @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

@seanho said:

[...]

Although literally none of it actually needed stating. Probably the least controversial post in this thread.

But at this point, everyone else is weighing in with the 3 paragraphs of insight, so why the fuck not, eh?

I think that he said it well, and that it probably needed to be said, because a number of people in this thread seem to think that LESers are anti-LETers, but this is not generally the case.

Thanked by 2uptime AlwaysSkint
  • LES = LET - CC

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

LET us Talk.LES ... and do more :)

:heart:

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2019

@angstrom said:
    I think that he said it well, and that it probably needed to be said, because a number of people in this thread seem to think that LESers are anti-LETers, but this is not generally the case.

I don’t think you credit folks with enough intelligence.

Thanked by 1default
  • @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

Hey, just noticed that you've become a moderator! How in the world did you manage that? :smile:

• @angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

Hey, just noticed that you've become a moderator! How in the world did you manage that? :smile:

8===D~~ 0-:

• @angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

I asked for mod powers so I could do BF/CM. Surprisingly, they gave them to me.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
This discussion has been closed.