Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules? - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules?

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2019

@tgl said:
    @jsg I did not invite anyone there,

I said "some" - not tgl.

@default said:

@jsg said:
    ... and some LES members try to get more people to LES behind the scenes (even with tricks) > I already opened the discussion to LES about the spam done here, and it seems the leader (OP of this thread) does not care about one's opinion, bans you for it, and deletes your comments, because you dare to have "animosity" towards his community and it's future monetary value.

I'm not at all surprised. I just thought the friendly phase would last a bit longer.

I guess this is how a leader, once respected here (like the OP of this thread) turns into a person supporting spam (as in unsolicited messages and invites).

I'm absolutely not surprised. Neither would I be surprised if some providers weren't accepted or last long over there.

I can't say anything re internals at LES as I'm not there and don't know. But I know for a fact that some LES members do use tricks (incl. dirty ones) to lure LET members over there. One may call it by different names but I call it a war with a nice shopfront and not at all nice operations in the back and the target seems to basically be to take over from LET and to turn LET into an empty shell.

I had my reasons for saying that some persons are blowing up what is but a nuisance totally out of proportion - it simply serves their interests; emotionally heated up people are far more useful for any kind of coup than rational ones.

The LEB offers are not really a problem, but they are a useful pretext for the coup attempt we see know.

Edit: To avoid misunderstandings: I think that most of those LES fans luring LETters to LES are not evil and have no evil intention. I think most act out of a "positive fever" because they trust their new leader and what he says.

Thanked by 1default
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2019

@vimalware said:
    Mods, look at my PMs.
    I will take the warning if I deserve it.

Why would we look at your PMs?

Edit: mods can’t even see user PMs....

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I feel quite sad that LET might eventually split into multiple small communities, it is like stepping into a new era.

I even thought about buying LET from CC/Deluxe few months ago if that is what makes this community a piece (peace). But the best I can do is probably only few thousand dollars which is not enough.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @FAT32 said:

@vimalware said:
    Mods, look at my PMs.

I am not invited? :(

you are hereby most cordially invited :)

Thanked by 2ITLabs skorous
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@uptime said:
    you are hereby most cordially invited :)

I mean invited to the PM sent by vimalware

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @vimalware - an invite has been requested

@default bro ... this is starting to smell like fake news

I am disappoint.

Thanked by 2vimalware skorous
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2019

@FAT32 said:
    I feel quite sad that LET might eventually split into multiple small communities, it is like stepping into a new era.

I even thought about buying LET from CC/Deluxe few months ago if that is what makes this community a piece (peace). But the best I can do is probably only few thousand dollars which is not enough.

I might have some consolation for you. I think that this coup attempt may actually turn out to be useful. Maybe the CC people finally wake up and think again about dumping LEB trash into LET.

And thanks for what you had been thinking about to help our community! You are a fine guy and having mods like you (and some other good ones) is an important big plus on our side.

Thanked by 3FAT32 uptime default
  • @FAT32 said:

@vimalware said:
    Mods, look at my PMs.

I am not invited? :(

Legends have bigger Balrogs to deal with. 😉

Thanked by 3uptime FAT32 ITLabs
  • I don't know man.. I think LES Talk has a lot of positive vibes and it doesn't look manufactured. There are nice people on LET too but I think it is a lot cosier there now, and I say this with full honesty.

Thanked by 2FAT32 angstrom
  • @jsg ... bro, you might not know how funny you sound sometimes.

I appreciate it though.

• @angstrom said:

@vimalware said:
    Mods, look at my PMs.

What did you do?

Okay, I see. (It's not the end of the world, but I probably would have advised against doing it because people are sometimes very sensitive to these things. Word of mouth would be/have been better.)

• @jsg said: I think that this coup attempt may actually turn out to be useful. Maybe the CC finally wake up and think again about dumping LEB trash into LET.

(I wouldn't call it a "coup attempt", but) if CC changed their ways as a result (and this is far from clear at the moment), then the "coup attempt" would have been worthwhile, no? (Thinking conditionally and retrospectively.)

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@jsg said:
    The LEB offers are not really a problem, but they are a useful pretext for the coup attempt we see know.

Edit: To avoid misunderstandings: I think that most of those LES fans luring LETters to LES are not evil and have no evil intention. I think most act out of a "positive fever" because they trust their new leader and what he says.

Do you happen to write spy thriller novels in your spare time?

You guys are something else lol.

RE default/root's ban -- All I saw was a forum admin stamping out unnecessary drama before it had a chance to take root and 'sour the mood'. Also I fail to see why a site admin should be held responsible for random strangers sending out unsolicited links for his site. Do we bash providers that have affiliate programs? Because I sure see tons of affiliate links littered everywhere across signatures, posts, and other websites.

RE your coup/conspiracy theory -- Is it any wonder why some folks are being (perhaps a bit overly) enthusiastic about a return to LE* roots? Chris, Jon, + friends have shown they aren't really interested in any opinions from community or volunteer staff here. And as long as the traffic keeps coming, why should they?

Anyways, can't wait to put on my reading glasses and read the next chapter of your novel I'll get in response to this, Mr. Clancy.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2019

I understand @angstrom.
    I'm just going to sit back and observe what other histrionics unfold, based on what I'm seeing.

The keywords being thrown about are very illuminating.

I'm torn between this thread and C-span livestream for premium entertainment today.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • This is all very dramatic.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Nekki said:
    This is all very dramatic.

As i said many times before, I mostly come here for the drama

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @tgl said:

@Nekki said:
    This is all very dramatic.

As i said many times before, I mostly come here for the drama

Everyone does. LET really isn’t anything without drama.

• @Nekki said:

@vimalware said:
    Mods, look at my PMs.

They used to be able to. Or just admins.

The one thing CC actually changes and it's that :P

• @Mic-hael said:

@Nekki said:

@vimalware said:
    Mods, look at my PMs.

They used to be able to. Or just admins.

The one thing CC actually changes and it's that :P

Perhaps it’s just admins, which would make sense. I’ve had mod powers multiple times over the years I never recall seeing an option to view user PMs.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • The problem is that de facto monopolies are not inclined to change if they don't need to

• The problem with monopoly is that there are just too many variations on it now, I played the Mario Kart one with my nephew the other day and let me tell you, it was Monopoly in name only.

• @Nekki said:
    The problem with monopoly is that there are just too many variations on it now, I played the Mario Kart one with my nephew the other day and let me tell you, it was Monopoly in name only.

I'm with you there: demand the original version.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @MasonR said:
    RE default/root's ban -- All I saw was a forum admin stamping out unnecessary drama before it had a chance to take root and 'sour the mood'.

Thank you for bringing this up. It seems you need more drama as you challenge me to defend myself.

Long story short became long (my version):

• I joined LES, because I was simply trying to keep up with this LET movement.
    • In a civilized manner I asked LES about some rule for the staff members, thinking about keeping things out of companies and corporation leaderships.
    • @AnthonySmith projected his plans for future. In a comment I underlined the verbs he used: monetize it, pay for staff, control it even when passed to another person. (please note that my account is banned, I have no access there, so this is just what I remember)
    • He felt offended because he basically did this to monetize it.
    • I replied "I am out" and he banned me ("retired" there = ban). I did not ask for ban though. My plans were again to keep up with movement and keep an eye on things.
    • Made second account (not denied in rules), to defend myself; but for some reason things went sideways as I started to blame @AnthonySmith for spam too (because apparently I assisted on a conversation in "Cest Pit" in which he allowed (not encouraged, only allowed) @vimalware to spam providers here in order to bring them there.
    • Second account got banned while searching for some way to bookmark my comments (I love drama too, and I know this will explode in future, so I was preparing popcorn).

I did not expect bans, but somehow I am proud of it because it's a sign that I do not belong there.

TL;DR - Yes. It is my fault that I challenged and started this discussions.

@MasonR said:
    Also I fail to see why a site admin should be held responsible for random strangers sending out unsolicited links for his site. Do we bash providers that have affiliate programs? Because I sure see tons of affiliate links littered everywhere across signatures, posts, and other websites.

Because affiliate links are allowed in signature. Signatures are not notifications sent in board mailing system, or in e-mail address (through board mailing system). In this case admin is responsible because he accepted it, by not blaming nor denying the other person to stop spam. I can assume this was done to encourage it, but it could be called a long shot and a topic derailing.

Thanked by 3uptime MasonR datanoise
  • I invite you all to join LES

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2019

@tgl said:
    I invite you all to join LES

Why? It's same LET reloaded in a subdomain with another company controlling things for money. History will repeat itself; it's bound by money/profits in this case.

• @default to be fair I agree that @AnthonySmith may have jumped the gun, but I think it was because you were a little too vocal, and I think he warned you before the ban, he does not have any experience with forums so its normal he will make some mistakes in the beginning, he is an impromptu moderator that learns how to handle situations.

You were not fair either in a previous post here when you said you are not trusting because the forum has moved etc, I am too lazy to find it now.

About the post above, I was making a joke, I actually read the rules and it says nothing about inviting users, it does say something about spam, but this is not actually spam, I guess CC can update the rules, though I think they dont care that much about LES, they would if the money stops coming in, this is their main concern, to keep the show going, catch as many suckers as possible with LEB, and well, get some extra money from the LET ads.

It CC would change their ways, these problems would not exist, but then the drama level would also decrease and many drama seekers will leave this place, a little drama is ok, but lately i think they are overdoing it with the 'great offers' they provide, trying to maximize their profits

Thanked by 1default
  • default said: History will repeat itself

history ... is written by the victors :smiley:

• @tgl said:
    @default to be fair I agree that @AnthonySmith may have jumped the gun, but I think it was because you were a little too vocal, and I think he warned you before the ban, he does not have any experience with forums so its normal he will make some mistakes in the beginning, he is an impromptu moderator that learns how to handle situations.

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it.

• @tgl said: I invite you all to join LES

Thanks for inviting all but no thanks. Have no intention and reason to satisfy inflated ego of a disgruntled ex-admin.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2019

Whatever my choices about the forums I frequent, I believe Ant to be an honest and principled man, and I do not believe for one second anything he has done, or will do, with respect to the new forum is anything but altruistic. I would challenge anyone to provide even a shred of evidence that his motivation is personal gain.

This discussion has been closed.