Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules? - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules?

Comments

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2019

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

@ehab said:
    I just want one more BF and leave.

That’s where I was going with it, one last tilt at past glories and move on.

This is also my inclination as far as LET is concerned

Hey! Yeah, you guys. Get a life ball.

• For those of us that are fed up, the key change should be that we are just going to stop 'contributing'.
    That includes no longer reporting trolls and defending the general public from bad actors.

You pretty much have to stop caring and go read-only.

• vimalware said: For those of us that are fed up, the key change should be that we are just going to stop 'contributing'.

That includes no longer reporting trolls and defending the general public from bad actors.

Then why bother coming here. I'm sure you can find a community you care about to spend your free time with.

• @Nekki said:

@ehab said:

And give it a name.

The end has to be memorable.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @imok said:

@Nekki said:

@ehab said:

And give it a name.

The end has to be memorable.

I'm working on it, just trying to rope in providers to join in.

Thanked by 2imok ITLabs
  • tgltgl Member
    edited November 2019

I come here for the drama

Thanked by 2uptime angstrom
  • @tgl said:
    I come here for the drama

+1 to that!

Real life drama is the best!

• Forum wars are fucking nonsense.

If you don’t enjoy one and enjoy the other, great, spend your energy on the one you enjoy in a positive way, not in a negative way on a forum you don’t like.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Nekki said: Forum wars are fucking nonsense.

If you don’t enjoy one and enjoy the other, great, spend your energy on the one you enjoy in a positive way, not in a negative way on a forum you don’t like.

There is nothing negative, people are fighting for better LET

I don't see a single bad thing in that.

Thanked by 2uptime angstrom
  • @drserver said:

Nekki said: Forum wars are fucking nonsense.

There is nothing negative, people are fighting for better LET

I don't see a single bad thing in that.

Where is anyone doing that? I just see people saying folks should move to other forums.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

drserver said: nothing negative

but ... is not that not a double negative ...? :smiley:

Nekki said: If you don’t enjoy one and enjoy the other, great, spend your energy on the one you enjoy in a positive way,

yar, them's some words to live by I think

LET as I've known it for the last couple years has been very very good to me

whenever I'm checking in here, I'll surely want to keep my earnest shitposting game up to the highest standards of superior potassium. For the lulz ... and all that good stuff.

right now LES is feeling busy busy busy with a real good vibe - like a freshly bought VPS or something. Basically like LET but ... maybe (for my purposes at least) just a better place to be. Would simply suggest to try it - you might like it ... and can leave it at that.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • I don't understand why the good people on LET are fighting one another. The problem was never between the good people on LET: it has always been the issues that are beyond the control of the good people on LET (including moderators).

Either the good people continue fighting a pretty much lost cause on LET, or the good people can collectively join a cause that better represents their aspirations on LES.

I choose LES not just because of the good people there, but there is THEME SELEKTOR now (dark mode is a godsend). That alone is sufficient reason for #lexit. 😛

• @poisson Android, Kiwi browser, dark mode on, all sites are dark.
    Can install chrome desktop extensions on the mobile browser and it still keeps up with Chrome for Android.

@Nekki agree that form wars are no good. The suggestion was not to jump ship, rather go over to the "dark side" (literally now) :tongue:

• @drserver said:
    Based on what i have found out in this thread, it would maybe be smart to not post any BlackFriday offers on LET just to send message. Pretty much we hosts are growing this community by posting awesome offers and someone else is using that to gain much more than any of providers here will ever gain. No offers, dead forum...

We will post our BF deal somewhere else. I am inviting everyone who have at least some common business sense to do the same. Lets send a message.

Even if no one else will do the same, i will not just sit and wait...

Your goal is to reach as many potential customers and convert to customers.

Refusing to post offers on LET is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Amitz

• tgltgl Member
    edited November 2019

@TimboJones I agree its bad for business, but here there are two aspects: business and principles, and when you post your offers here, you legitimate the semi-scam CC is running. In business principles are not found that often, so I respect @drserver and @AnthonySmith for having them.

I understand that CC is also sponsoring this forum (they get back 10 times the money), and I understand that here there are also good people like @Nekki and this is why I am active on both forums.

@Nekki its not a forum war, I think some providers want a 'fair' forum, where they can get an equal chance at selling their services.

I dont want to get into text wall arguments, so please do not provide me with great replies, I dont need them and I only read the first 5 lines (except for @cociu posts), I was just making a point.

• I do understand providers are disenfranchised by the pricing rules not applying to LEB offers; if they want to take a stand on that principal then I’m 100% behind anyone doing so, and I certainly don’t bear any ill-will to Ant, the good Dr, or anyone else who decides they’re done selling on LET.

I will call out the misguided notion that doing so helps in anyway though - it does not. LET is historically the poor relation of LEB and hasn’t generated anything like the traffic LET does (for those wondering, I have seen real traffic numbers, I’m not hypothesising), hence why CC has never really given a crap. Reducing traffic here makes little difference to CC in the grand scheme of things.

That aside, the lack of of a level playing field for non-LEB offers is only perceived at this stage; the product on offer is not a product anyone actually wants, so it’s highly debatable whether there is any real impact to LET offers as a result. Certainly, it’s not been long enough for anyone to know for sure whether that’s the case or not.

Thanked by 2jsg TimboJones
  • @somik said:

@Nekki agree that form wars are no good. The suggestion was not to jump ship, rather go over to the "dark side" (literally now) :tongue:

That’s hardly the most obvious interpretation of the image you +1’ed.

• @Nekki I think its not just about the price range, but also the quality. I, as a customer, would like to benefit from the best offers at the lowest prices, so when you start mixing the honest providers with the sponsored ones (that are located in a CC datacenter) its not fair to me, or to the others, especially the new ones that do not understand how things work, and expect the hosts in the Offers section to be the same. What CC is doing, is using the reputation of the good providers to promote their less quality products, at a higher price, but when a customer realizes that he paid double for less quality they will judge LET as a whole, most do not have the time to analyze the situation, and will just assume that all providers in this place are running the same game, selling bad products for high prices, so this is not just affecting the customers, but also the providers.

Thanked by 2default ITLabs
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2019

That’s a reasonable assessment, if you believe the readership LET is dumb enough to buy these offers.

I don’t.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    • The LEB offers above 7$ are out of scope anyway. Nobody comes to LET to find offers above $7.
    • CC is basically riding the wave of finding idiots who don't read or inform themselves. Maybe their customers deserve it.
    • I don't see any not insignificant harm done to our LET providers. Unlike the LEB/CC shady figures our LET providers do have a reputation here at LET.
    • What I see is largely a nuisance hyped up to draw users away from LET. Keep in mind: the most valuable resource of any community are its users and its visibility.
      So, if anything weakens LET it's not the LEB crap offers - it is the blowing a nuisance up out of proportion and to then draw users and some providers away.

• LET can continue to be what it was for most of us. Some (clearly marked at that) LEB offers can't change that and new users will learn quickly to simply ignore the LEB crap.

There have already been quite a few declarations. Here is mine: I will not buy from or recommend any provider who is leaving LET for LES. And I will keep to do so even when those providers return, which I guess they will do and probably sooner then later.

And btw, what guarantee do we have that LES won't change too if it ever reaches any significance in the market?

• @jsg

Keep in mind: the most valuable resource of any community are its users and its visibility.

CC would agree with you on that one, and they are using exactly that to run this shady operation

Thats it for today, I will Amitz you guys tomorrow as I need to get back to work

• I give up, you’re all fucking mental.

• @Nekki said:
    I give up, you’re all fucking mental.

Yare Yare.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Thanks a lot @Nekki. That means we are in a perfect position to design IPv8. I can't promise that we reach the insanity level of IPv6 but I think to make IP addresses 2048 bits wide would be a good start.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@TimboJones said: Your goal is to reach as many potential customers and convert to customers.

My goal is to provide solid salaries to my employees, to provide best possible service to our customers and to secure healthy yearly growth. For example this year we did already 8% more than i have actually planned. That is my goal.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2019

That is extremely confusing. On LES main website Forum (button menu) directs to https://forum.lowendspirit.com (I even have an account there). But here is stated another address to a completely different forum https://talk.lowendspirit.com - while this new board is not on LES main page, and accounts from the old forum do not even work. This has got to be some rush job, because they did not even bother to import old accounts to this new board. For some reason I can't trust any of these boards now.

• @default said:
    That is extremely confusing. On LES main website Forum (button menu) directs to https://forum.lowendspirit.com (I even have an account there). But here is stated another address to a completely different forum https://talk.lowendspirit.com - while this new board is not on LES main page, and accounts from the old forum do not even work. This has got to be some rush job, because they did not even bother to import old accounts to this new board. For some reason I can't trust any of these boards now.

They are not the same boards. LES Talk is for #lexit community.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:

@default said:

They are not the same boards. LES Talk is for #lexit community.

Controlling two boards for a community leaving seems way too weird, in my opinion.

Thanked by 2ehab uptime
  • I've seen enough.
    (and I stayed longer than most, to try and help out.)

Thanked by 3beagle ehab angstrom
This discussion has been closed.