Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules? - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules?

Comments

• I also made hostballs and lowendspirit accounts to make sure i'm not missing on the action.

Ff sake, Amitz is no longer with us!

• @poisson said:

@Nekki said:
    I’ve always wondered if a community that arguably flourished under the spectre of CC ownership will be able to flourish elsewhere without the collective distrust/disgust/hate of an evil overlord....

Why don't you try it to find out? The spectre is still there and will always be there as the raison d'etre of the alternative community.

I die with LET, I don’t need a time sink like LET in my life anymore.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @Nekki said:

@poisson said:

@Nekki said:
    I’ve always wondered if a community that arguably flourished under the spectre of CC ownership will be able to flourish elsewhere without the collective distrust/disgust/hate of an evil overlord....

Why don't you try it to find out? The spectre is still there and will always be there as the raison d'etre of the alternative community.

I die with LET, I don’t need a time sink like LET in my life anymore.

salute

• @tgl said:
    I also made hostballs and lowendspirit accounts to make sure i'm not missing on the action.

Ff sake, Amitz is no longer with us!

Amitz has been partying hard here: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/

You should come see if the grass is greener on the other side.

Thanked by 2MichaelCee ITLabs
  • @Nekki said:

Who knows I have been trying for a couple months now and shall continue. Maybe if i start some shit over there it will pick up. Maybe start a fight with Danny Devito on twitter or something.

• See, I would be fully be on board with lexit. It's getting old here anyway and all the BS we have to put up from CC, it's not really worth it.

I'd like to see at least a few key providers post onto another lexit supporting board and I'll jump ship for sure.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited November 2019

@AuroraZ said:

@Nekki said:

Who knows I have been trying for a couple months now and shall continue. Maybe if i start some shit over there it will pick up. Maybe start a fight with Danny Devito on twitter or something.

To be honest I don't see myself on here (LET) much after 2020 the way things are going.

I'm trying to reset my password at PrimaryDNS so I'll be chilling there and at lowendspirit for a good while.
    I'll probably stop (just) lurking HostBalls soon and fix my 2FA too.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @Edmond said:
    See, I would be fully be on board with lexit. It's getting old here anyway and all the BS we have to put up from CC, it's not really worth it.

I'd like to see at least a few key providers post onto another lexit supporting board and I'll jump ship for sure.

I would say make an account at LES and lurk for a while. The providers will eventually come. You want to be ready for Black Friday there.

• @poisson said:

@Edmond said:
    See, I would be fully be on board with lexit. It's getting old here anyway and all the BS we have to put up from CC, it's not really worth it.

I would say make an account at LES and lurk for a while. The providers will eventually come. You want to be ready for Black Friday there.

Probably will soon. I taken a look at it and it's nice. The question is... will it be ready for BF2019 or BF2020...

• @Edmond said:

@poisson said:

@Edmond said:

Probably will soon. I taken a look at it and it's nice. The question is... will it be ready for BF2019 or BF2020...

BF2019 for sure.. The providers will come on board, but of course we must have realistic expectations.

Thanked by 1Edmond
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@Edmond said:
    The question is... will it be ready for BF2019 or BF2020...

well ... that is "a" question I guess. :)

I'm going to go out on a limb to say that for the foreseeable future, one's chances of getting scammed will be much better on LEB and - despite the best efforts of the mods here - unfortunately also on LET. So there's that.

But I'm encouraged to see (or actually, not to see) the obnoxious LEBfeed quarantined. Much respect to the mod that made that happen. And I sure will be interested to see how all that plays out. But definitely won't be holding my breath waiting for the cc cabal to straighten up and fly right ... or maybe they can all just go piss up a rope as the ultimate opention. :smiley:

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • Amitz

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • @poisson I already signed up at https://talk.lowendspirit.com/ and I am having fun with @Amitz there

• @tgl said:
    @poisson I already signed up at https://talk.lowendspirit.com/ and I am having fun with @Amitz there

The night is still young

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

thinking about teh lexit partition a bit more ...

No doubt as usual there will be a fine crowd sorting through many good deals on LET before, after, and during this BF. The @VirMach thread may even swallow its own tail as it reaches critical mass and passes the event horizon to become pure computronium.

Meanwhile, over at lowendspirit there will be (and is already) a good core of bargain hounds sniffing out the deals far and wide, ready to share a rich feast of the finest potatoes and superior potassiums with their fellow travellers without suffering so much of the wailing and gnashing of teeth that seems to go along with the LEB circus.

In any event - may the spirit of Emma Watson continue to guide and protect us, wherever we may find ourselves wrestling with our wallets in the weeks and months to come. That is all.

Thanked by 2dahartigan ITLabs
  • @uptime said:
    thinking about teh lexit partition a bit more ...

No doubt as usual there will be a fine crowd sorting through many good deals on LET before, after, and during this BF. The @VirMach thread may even swallow its own tail as it reaches critical mass and passes the event horizon to become pure computronium.

Meanwhile, over at lowendspirit there will be (and is already) a good core of bargain hounds sniffing out the deals far and wide, ready to share a rich feast of the finest potatoes and superior potassiums with their fellow travellers without suffering so much of the wailing and gnashing of teeth that seems to go along with the LEB circus.

In any event - may the spirit of Emma Watson continue to guide and protect us, wherever we may find ourselves wrestling with our wallets in the weeks and months to come. That is all.

Super potatoes and the finest potassium (narcotics grade) are what I live for

/me rails a line of potash - the potassium junkie equivalent of smoking stems when you run out of weed.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @dahartigan said:
    /me rails a line of potash

Y'all got any more of that @seriesn ...?

• @uptime WTF?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said:

@dahartigan said:

I tried to shake down @seriesn for some free potassium in one of his sales threads but he froze up and almost had a heart attack. Approach him with caution - he scares easily..

• @somik - sorry, anything I should clarify with regard to my stance on the https://lexit.party?

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Does one need to be registered at LES to see offers?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Ah> @uptime said:

@somik - sorry, anything I should clarify with regard to my stance on the https://lexit.party?

Ah, that link also points to the same location!

Anyway, I was confused about this:

As I normally dont have to wrestle with my wallet. No money = light wallet :tongue:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@jsg said:

I don't think so - unless there's a thread that is displayed only for logged-in users (which I suppose could be a possibility, such as is the case with the cest pit on LET).

Frankly, I will be pleasantly surprised if more than a small handful of providers are signed up there to post their offers directly - but I really have no idea what to expect beyond the current level of activity of the (several dozen?) posters there already.

Of course one might anticipate that all prospective purchasers will be required to submit proper documentation, for their own protection. :trollface:

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @uptime said:
    Of course one might anticipate that all prospective purchasers will be required to submit proper documentation, for their own protection. :trollface:

Unless the host is a big company with atleast 100 employes, No, just no.

@jsg said:

Switch over to the LES way. We have :cookie:

• @jsg said:

I doubt it. Would love to have you post in the technical section so that we have a nice collection of technical posts to refer to.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@somik said:

@uptime said:

Unless the host is a big company with atleast 100 employes, No, just no.

Ah, sorry ... half of what I say here is intended as a joke. (And the other half might be considered an attempt to explain the jokes.)

@jsg said:

Switch over to the LES way. We have :cookie:

well ... I would just suggest checking it out as an option, or at least as a point of interest.

And if LET continues to work well enough for many people here in the long run, then that will be fine with me, really.

But the lexit party is definitely off to a strong start, and - looking past its reactive origin story - I think it's got a pretty positive vibe going already. All things considered, it's been coming along nicely in the short time since it went live. Just a pleasant surprise to see it all happening the way it is now, from my point of view at least.

There are dozens of us! :scream:

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Thank you all for answering my question.

Thanked by 2uptime poisson
  • @jsg said:
    Thank you all for answering my question.

no problem

• @uptime said:

@dahartigan said:

BF is coming.

@dahartigan said:

@uptime said:

@dahartigan said:

I tried to shake down @seriesn for some free potassium in one of his sales threads but he froze up and almost had a heart attack. Approach him with caution - he scares easily..

I am an old man. Take my insulin and leave me alone.

This discussion has been closed.