Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle Cloud Free Tier - Page 52
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle Cloud Free Tier

Comments

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited October 2022

@FatGrizzly said:
    Hyd.ind has free slots i guess. Just deleted and created a few instances

I still not deployed any

Just registered a few weeks a go in singapore but when try to create arm instance (ampere) it said that no available resource left , same with AMD compute, unfortunately region canot be changed, so i want to try register with my family member credential and using other region

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@add_iT said:

@FatGrizzly said:

I still not deployed any

Just registered a few weeks a go in singapore but when try to create arm instance (ampere) it said that no available resource left , same with AMD compute, unfortunately region canot be changed, so i want to try register with my family member credential and using other region

Singapore is a hot place, many people run scripts to automate instance creations there.

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited October 2022

@FatGrizzly said:

@add_iT said:

@FatGrizzly said:

I still not deployed any

Singapore is a hot place, many people run scripts to automate instance creations there.

Yes i just to make sure and pick carefully to choice region, because i afraid it is full

I did not expect it before

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

anyone tested directadmin on arm instances?

edited October 2022

Arm-based Ampere A1 cores and 24 GB of memory usable as 1 VM or up to 4 VMs with 3,000 OCPU hours and 18,000 GB hours per month

what do they mean by (18,000 GB hours per month)?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@mustafamw3 said:

Arm-based Ampere A1 cores and 24 GB of memory usable as 1 VM or up to 4 VMs with 3,000 OCPU hours and 18,000 GB hours per month

Convert 18k hours to days and it would be equivalent to 30 days.

• @mustafamw3 said:

They mean that RAM is billed per hour and you have 18000 GB hours per month.

If you want to run instance 24/7 then
    18000 GB / 31 days / 24 hour = 24.19GB 24/7.
    So if you create 24GB RAM instance and run 24/7 youte slightly below 18000 GB hours per month so its free.

Its kinda confusing because always-free instances are limited, but if you convert to pay-as-you-go then you can just create 128-256GB RAM instances for few hours every day and it will be free (nice for compiling something). :)

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • @add_iT said:

@add_iT said:
    So which region that still available to launch arm compute instance ??

I want to trying

Up

Maybe any suggestion ?

I picked Zurich location while signing up and Ampere instances are available for deployment probably all the time. I destroyed and recreated instances a few times last week alone. There are no other VMs running but for some reason they limit Ampere instance size to 23GB, 199GB, 3OCPUs for me.

• @jmaxwell said:

@add_iT said:

@add_iT said:

I want to trying

Up

Maybe any suggestion ?

I picked Zurich location while signing up and Ampere instances are available for deployment probably all the time. I destroyed and recreated instances a few times last week alone. There are no other VMs running but for some reason they limit Ampere instance size to 23GB, 199GB, 3OCPUs for me.

Yes. Other people had great success with Zurich location too.

Btw does somebody has test IPs for all Oracle locations?
    Im curious which has the best routing in EU...

• @AXYZE said:

Sort of: https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/General/Concepts/addressranges.htm

• @Dwayne said:

@AXYZE said:

Sort of: https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/General/Concepts/addressranges.htm

100% packet loss while trying to ping :/

• DwayneDwayne Member
    edited October 2022

@AXYZE said:

@Dwayne said:

@AXYZE said:

You need to download the JSON file and then find an IP address from the given ranges that is pingable. That's why I said "sort of".

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • @Dwayne said:

@AXYZE said:

@Dwayne said:

@AXYZE said:

You need to download the JSON file and then find an IP address from the given ranges that is pingable. That's why I said "sort of".

Oh didn't saw that! Thank you so much, I'll go test it :)

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited October 2022

I made test IP list || Oracle Cloud Test IP

All of these IP's are pingable and they are assigned to Oracle object storage so you aren't affecting somebody VPS and these IP's shouldnt change for loooong time.
    30 minutes of work, thanks to @Dwayne idea!

us-ashburn-1    134.70.24.1
    us-phoenix-1    134.70.8.1
    us-sanjose-1    134.70.124.2

ca-montreal-1   134.70.116.1
    ca-toronto-1    134.70.72.3

eu-amsterdam-1  134.70.104.1
    eu-frankfurt-1  134.70.48.1
    eu-marseille-1  134.70.164.1
    eu-milan-1      134.70.168.1
    eu-paris-1      134.70.180.1
    eu-stockholm-1  134.70.156.1
    eu-zurich-1     134.70.88.3

uk-cardiff-1    134.70.136.1
    uk-london-1     134.70.56.1

il-jerusalem-1  134.70.172.1

sa-santiago-1   134.70.152.1
    sa-saopaulo-1   134.70.84.3
    sa-vinhedo-1    134.70.140.1

me-abudhabi-1   134.70.144.1
    me-dubai-1      134.70.148.1
    me-jeddah-1     134.70.100.3

ap-chuncheon-1  134.70.132.2
    ap-hyderabad-1  134.70.120.2
    ap-melbourne-1  134.70.108.3
    ap-mumbai-1     134.70.76.3
    ap-osaka-1      134.70.112.3
    ap-seoul-1      134.70.96.3
    ap-singapore-1  134.70.128.1
    ap-sydney-1     134.70.92.3
    ap-tokyo-1      134.70.80.3

mx-queretaro-1  134.70.184.1

😎

• From what I can see Japan location has awesome connection to China.
    For example China Unicom, Jiangsu only 58ms!
    Taiwan, Taichung only 37ms.

Awesome! I saw @yoursunny already suggesting Japan location for Chinese users and now I see why. A lot better than 99% HK hosting providers!

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @AXYZE said:

@jmaxwell said:

@add_iT said:

@add_iT said:

I want to trying

Up

Maybe any suggestion ?

Yes. Other people had great success with Zurich location too.

Another good thing about Zurich location is that public torrents work fine.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@AXYZE said:
    From what I can see Japan location has awesome connection to China.
    For example China Unicom, Jiangsu only 58ms!
    Taiwan, Taichung only 37ms.

Awesome! I saw @yoursunny already suggesting Japan location for Chinese users and now I see why. A lot better than 99% HK hosting providers!

Tokyo has good latency to China.
    However, packet loss is very high in Japan/China's evening.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • @AXYZE said:

I made test IP list || Oracle Cloud Test IP

All of these IP's are pingable and they are assigned to Oracle object storage so you aren't affecting somebody VPS and these IP's shouldnt change for loooong time.
    30 minutes of work, thanks to @Dwayne idea!

us-ashburn-1  134.70.24.1
    us-phoenix-1  134.70.8.1
    us-sanjose-1  134.70.124.2

ca-montreal-1 134.70.116.1
    ca-toronto-1  134.70.72.3

eu-amsterdam-1    134.70.104.1
    eu-frankfurt-1    134.70.48.1
    eu-marseille-1    134.70.164.1
    eu-milan-1        134.70.168.1
    eu-paris-1        134.70.180.1
    eu-stockholm-1    134.70.156.1
    eu-zurich-1       134.70.88.3

uk-cardiff-1  134.70.136.1
    uk-london-1       134.70.56.1

il-jerusalem-1    134.70.172.1

sa-santiago-1 134.70.152.1
    sa-saopaulo-1 134.70.84.3
    sa-vinhedo-1  134.70.140.1

me-abudhabi-1 134.70.144.1
    me-dubai-1        134.70.148.1
    me-jeddah-1       134.70.100.3

ap-chuncheon-1    134.70.132.2
    ap-hyderabad-1    134.70.120.2
    ap-melbourne-1    134.70.108.3
    ap-mumbai-1       134.70.76.3
    ap-osaka-1        134.70.112.3
    ap-seoul-1        134.70.96.3
    ap-singapore-1    134.70.128.1
    ap-sydney-1       134.70.92.3
    ap-tokyo-1        134.70.80.3

mx-queretaro-1    134.70.184.1

😎

af-johannesburg-1 134.70.160.1

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
    edited October 2022

Is it better to create 1 vps with 4 core and 24 gb of ram or 2 vps each with 2 core and 12gb of ram
    I am running 2 wordpress site currently.

• @mustafamw3 said:
    Is it better to create 1 vps with 4 core and 24 gb of ram or 2 vps each with 2 core and 16gb of ram

With 2 VPS you can only use 12 GB RAM each.

Doesn't really matter, putting them as containers inside one 4 core 24 GB means each can utilize as much CPU & RAM when needed while the other is idling, but to put it on the free tier I'm guessing you don't have that large traffic in the first place. Putting on separated VPS means one can still run if the other is down for whatever reason, but again, I don't think you need that kind of reliability currently.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • @mustafamw3 said:
    Is it better to create 1 vps with 4 core and 24 gb of ram or 2 vps each with 2 core and 16gb of ram

You can put like 10x medium-sized Wordpress sites on 1core 6gb ram.
    If you do caching, not bloated plugins then even like 20-30 sites easy and then all going to be fast! No slowdowns.

2OCPU + 12GB of RAM is enough for like 1M+ visitors per month, you shouldn't use free Oracle at that point.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3

@martheen said:

@mustafamw3 said:

Doesn't really matter, putting them as containers inside one 4 core 24 GB means each can utilize as much CPU & RAM when needed while the other is idling, but to put it on the free tier I'm guessing you don't have that large traffic in the first place. Putting on separated VPS means one can still run if the other is down for whatever reason, but again, I don't think you need that kind of reliability currently.

The 4 core 24gb is overkill for my 2 wordpress site, the sites are small wordpress sites with low traffic

@AXYZE said:

@mustafamw3 said:

2OCPU + 12GB of RAM is enough for like 1M+ visitors per month, you shouldn't use free Oracle at that point.

I agree

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited October 2022

@mustafamw3 said:

@martheen said:

@mustafamw3 said:

The 4 core 24gb is overkill for my 2 wordpress site, the sites are small wordpress sites with low traffic

2core & 12gb ram is my recommendation. That way you have capacity for another server if you want to have two stacks at once (for example if youre experimenting with new PHP, Wordpress 7 when it comes out etc.)

2c+12gb ram is already overkill for two wordpresses with low traffic. With 4c+24gb youre just wasting resources.

I have my wordpress (50k monthly visitors) on 1core + 1gb ram and its just around 5-10% CPU usage and around 600MB ram usage (including MariaDB, nginx, Debian etc.).

Thanked by 1mustafamw3

Also > @AXYZE said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@martheen said:

@mustafamw3 said:

2core & 12gb ram is my recommendation. That way you have capacity for another server if you want to have two stacks at once (for example if youre experimenting with new PHP, Wordpress 7 when it comes out etc.)

2c+12gb ram is already overkill for two wordpresses with low traffic. With 4c+24gb youre just wasting resources.

I have my wordpress (50k monthly visitors) on 1core + 1gb ram and its just around 5-10% CPU usage and around 600MB ram usage (including MariaDB, nginx, Debian etc.).

Thanks
    I am currently using plesk control panel, it costs me 7.7$ now but in 2023 it will cost me 8.5$. Is there any other reliable control panel that supports arm processor?

• @mustafamw3 said:
    Also > @AXYZE said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@martheen said:

@mustafamw3 said:

Thanks
    I am currently using plesk control panel, it costs me 7.7$ now but in 2023 it will cost me 8.5$. Is there any other reliable control panel that supports arm processor?

DirectAdmin with Propack supports ARM64.
    Other than than HestiaCP or CLI based WordOps, Webinoly.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3

Is cloudpanel secured?

• aaand my account got disabled

• @labrax said:
    aaand my account got disabled

Country?

When I create 4core 24 gb ram, the max disk read /write is 360 mb /s
    But when I create 2 core 12gb 100gb, the max read/write is 180mb
    Is 180 mb enugh?