Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product! - Page 47
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product!

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

I don't mean to sound impatient, but when is the demo back up? @smtalk

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • smtalksmtalk Member

@Lee said:
    I don't mean to sound impatient, but when is the demo back up? @smtalk

Does your IP end with 100? :smile:

Failed DirectAdmin login from XXX.100 (GB/United Kingdom/....): 5 in the last 3600 secs - Sat May 29 16:50:59 2021

Unblocked, so it should be back up now.

@JamesF may you screenshot and mark the "broken" part? At the same time you may "paint" the fix. I personally use MacBook 13.3", but I'm not yet sure what's wrong with the login screen. A screenshot would be awesome to have.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

@smtalk said: Does your IP end with 100?

Wow, you try to catch me out with the hard questions...

And yes it might..

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • smtalksmtalk Member

@AlwaysSkint said: @smtalk It's a scam!

/proc/cpuinfo is the scam we trust :smiley:

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @smtalk There are few things I would like to suggest for DirectAdmin

1. They are now asking at least $200/mo billing for their resellers which is not possible if a small company starting up with DA. I have seen companies providing $5/mo license but we do not have any other option to buy Licenses directly from DA.

2. We have noticed people starting to face their websites hacked or compromised and the same websites working just fine on cPanel servers.

I really wish to start with DA Reseller account but it is not possible $200 per month from the beginning instead of this you should provide 1 year without commitment and ask them after a year. If they fail charge them a Standard price or provide a discount based on the active license in their accounts.

• smtalksmtalk Member

@JamesF said: Rspamd needs to install redis etc when selected.

Done, it also includes per-user Redis management in Pro Pack.

Email Trace system that breaks down to incoming / outgoing / failed by package / domain
    It's been finished, but not yet public :smile: In testing phase now.

Thank you for the feedback!

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@smtalk = That is great! Really looking forward to the Track & Trace! :)

• smtalksmtalk Member

@JamesF said:
    @smtalk = That is great! Really looking forward to the Track & Trace! :)

It's available in 1.62.2 now (Pro Pack).

Thanked by 2Shamli JamesF

@smtalk

After running the 'Refreshed theme for a little while.... I am starting to really like it...

A couple of things I was wondering if we could change please?

1. Could we remove the frame around each icon please? maybe get a slight raise when you hover over it instead please?
    2. Could you tighten up the icons with the text (bring them closer together)
    3. Is there a way to impove the DPI at all please? so to get more icons per line and also to hide the bars either side? = I just feel for me I am forever scrolling... But I am using a MAC Book 13.3" screen...
  • Finally they delivered the new version 1.62x
    With nginx templates and throttling for shared hosting

File Manager still needs some improvements.

• @sandoz said:
    Finally they delivered the new version 1.62x

It has improved a lot tho, but I agree, File Mananger still needs some touches but it is miles better than last version cause it was too buggy.

• @desfire said:

@sandoz said:
    Finally they delivered the new version 1.62x

It has improved a lot tho, but I agree, File Mananger still needs some touches but it is miles better than last version cause it was too buggy.

Hopefully they take a look in that... That is One on main reasons why some hostings providers don't want to switch right now.

First clients need to have Simple and easy taks in Panel, if doesn't have won't be migrated.

No need to have all, but the essential is a must.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Anthony year, another cPanel hike.

What are people wanting to see DA improve on? Whats the public feedback on the new theme they rolled out?

Francisco

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • @Francisco said:
    Anthony year, another cPanel hike.

What are people wanting to see DA improve on? Whats the public feedback on the new theme they rolled out?

Francisco

OFF: How about open some stocks on BuyShared so we can check on how DA is faring now? :wink:

okay, I'll show my way out...

• @user123 said: Is there any way to seamlessly import a CPanel backup into DA?

there is a script for this. But it works at account-level.
    It should be made available at DA reseller-level too, so resellers can migrate accounts for their clients on their own!

edited September 2021

@JasonM said: there is a script for this. But it works at account-level.

It should be made available at DA reseller-level too, so resellers can migrate accounts for their clients on their own!

Would for sure be nice :) The script works very well, I've got no complaints about it and we've moved thousands of accounts with it.

I've had more people ask about a Calendar plugin for webmail. This might require DA have a CALDAV server though and that may start to bloat the product.

Francisco

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • I'm using OLS and I have a couple of questions:

• It seems my Let's Encrypt certificates are not being renewed. Is there a notification for failures?
    • When I renew the certificate manually, OLS throws "Openlitespeed is functioning normally" (clearly it doesn't). I have to rebuild OLS to in order to fix it.

Any of you have this problem?

• File Manager really needs to be improved.
    Cpanel file manager is much better.

• File manager for admin should open at /, in my opinion. Otherwise it's pretty useless as is.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Would be great if you could, out of the box, offload DNS to a PowerDNS cluster and manage it from DA. That way all DA installs can use the same nameservers without any extra hassle.

That's one thing I liked about cPanel back in the day, their DNS Only servers that made it pretty easy to do just this.

Other than that, it's kind of annoying that when you change levels within the panel that sometimes your custom design changes disppear and then reappear. I'll notice things like seeing the default DirectAdmin logo sometimes, go and check my settings, and it shows my logo instead. Wonky.

• friendhostingfriendhosting Member, Patron Provider

It would be nice if CloudLinux settings could be configured from the control panel. This feature is available in Cpanel and ISPmanager. But I haven't heard anything about DirectAdmin.

• @Francisco said:

@JasonM said: there is a script for this. But it works at account-level.

Would for sure be nice :) The script works very well, I've got no complaints about it and we've moved thousands of accounts with it.

I've had more people ask about a Calendar plugin for webmail. This might require DA have a CALDAV server though and that may start to bloat the product.

Francisco

tell them to install or install for them http://www.baikal-server.com/
    I have only a few request for that but that do the job

I like the new theme, but I do feel it could do with some tweaking….

Better DPI and smaller icons with less wasted space….

I agree file manager is a bit of a pain…. Especially with a dodgy mouse…

• FileManager needs improvement definitely... The process needs to be more easier for user side..

• LeeLee Veteran

Curious, do the free licences being offered by providers also include the 'pro pack'?

@Lee said:
    Curious, do the free licences being offered by providers also include the 'pro pack'?

No. There may be a couple features that bleed over, but from my talk this morning with Mark it doesn't look like VAR licenses will have PRO options.

@jbiloh @raindog308 cool on the announcement marking, pin? :) This is by far the biggest 'Directadmin feedback' forum post around, cash in on it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Francisco said: No. There may be a couple features that bleed over, but from my talk this morning with Mark it doesn't look like VAR licenses will have PRO options.

Makes sense, someone suggested to me today that they did have it and that really didn't make sense.

• @Lee said:

No, you need to lease the monthly license from them.

• I'm on 1.62.8 and love the resource limit feature but to be honest, the Resource Controller (Cgroups) feature from Plesk feels better in managing the limits.

Maybe you could improve a bit more.

• Is there any alternative to : https://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/directadmin-extended

I just want a few icons, and when client click on them it auto login and go to that link, like File Manager, PHPMyAdmin...

Thanks.