Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product! - Page 42
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product!

Comments

• @JamesF said:
    Totally agree with the mail SSL, we had a client leave us because of that.

It is an easy fix as @Francisco said. https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=92. You can also add in a redirect from /roundcube to webmail.|DOMAIN| using the custom virtual_host2 files and then add letsencrypt_list=www:mail:ftp:pop:smtp:webmail and letsencrypt_list_selected=www:webmail (or which ever you choose for the list and list selected) to the directadmin.conf file.

• @JamesF said: SSL admin page to manage all domains for renewals.

It should be available there very shortly (maybe next release). We have it half-finished at this time. "Nginx for Shared Hosting" (with WordPress+FastCGI cache support) has been almost finished, as well as "Nginx Unit' for Python/Ruby/Perl/Java (and even PHP). Finishing Admin SSL is next on the list.

@Francisco said: To add to the ideas pile, I'd like to see webmail.* be automatically included in the SSL defaults as well as added to point to roundcube.

Admin SSL will try generating wild-card cert firstly (and re-use it where possible), so, if it succeeds, webmail.* cert would be covered. Pointing to RoundCube - this would add additional vhosts to configs, maybe we should have some kind of option for this? (default - disabled). I'd like to note /webmail alas is there by default for the webmail.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@smtalk mail. domain needs SSL to work well with MAC etc...

yep, auto ssl is a real must! :D

Thank You @smtalk

• OT but I wonder if anyone can do ispconfig at lowend prices? Maybe buyshared @Francisco ?

• @vampireJ said:
    OT but I wonder if anyone can do ispconfig at lowend prices? Maybe buyshared @Francisco ?

Totally Offtopic and why? DA is far more feature-packed and user friendly for your everyday end users.............

• ispconfig is open source, also feature packed just not yet as popular

• I am using a Direct Admin Reseller package for some of my clients from BuyShared @Francisco and I am satisfied with it.

However, I do not see many languages available in panel. Who is handling translations for this software? Can I volunteer for Turkish translation? This is the least I can do to fight back against corporate cPanel predators. @DA_Mark

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2020

@DreamCaster said: I am using a Direct Admin Reseller package for some of my clients from BuyShared @Francisco and I am satisfied with it.

However, I do not see many languages available in panel. Who is handling translations for this software? Can I volunteer for Turkish translation? This is the least I can do to fight back against corporate cPanel predators. @DA_Mark

Yeah this is a weak point for sure. You have to pull in your own translations from the forums. I've added a few but I think DA should reach out to some of the forum members that have done translations and get permission to include them into the installer.

I've got a client working on translating things to Arabic, we'll see if they get through the file.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Yeah this is a weak point for sure. You have to pull in your own translations from the forums. I've added a few but I think DA should reach out to some of the forum members that have done translations and get permission to include them into the installer.

I've got a client working on translating things to Arabic, we'll see if they get through the file.

Francisco

I was wondering if there is a main translation database or sth so that I can work on it and present it to DA management so they can inspect and push it as their official version. I believe Blesta has a community driven translation project. I thought may be DA had one too and I could step in. Some fellas tried to translate Blesta with Google Translate and it is absolutely ridiculous. I personally use English interface for almost anything but it would be nice for some of our users to see a Turkish panel, despite I do the most of their work for them. Not really a biggie. I just want to give back to community.

@DreamCaster said: I was wondering if there is a main translation database or sth so that I can work on it and present it to DA management so they can inspect and push it as their official version. I believe Blesta has a community driven translation project. I thought may be DA had one too and I could step in. Some fellas tried to translate Blesta with Google Translate and it is absolutely ridiculous. I personally use English interface for almost anything but it would be nice for some of our users to see a Turkish panel, despite I do the most of their work for them. Not really a biggie. I just want to give back to community.

>

https://forum.directadmin.com/forums/evolution-skin.96/

Yeah using google translate is a bad idea. Thankfully the client that's looking to do my Arabic one speaks both English and Arabic fluently.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: >

https://forum.directadmin.com/forums/evolution-skin.96/

Yeah using google translate is a bad idea. Thankfully the client that's looking to do my Arabic one speaks both English and Arabic fluently.

Francisco

Thanks Francis. I am checking that forum now. Looks like some guy already did Turkish. I need to test it and see how good it is. If it is not okay, I may start from the scratch

I’d love to see custom build, built in to DA under the server admin section.

Rather than clicking build next to each option. I feel tick boxes may be better with a build option at the end.

So you go through and select your options:
    PHP, Spam options, any other settings and click build.

It would also be good to have an initial setup wizard.

Exim options in GUI and the DA config file in the GUI.

• Hello,

Can we install nodejs under DA? Maybe with some GUI?

• @JamesF said:
    I’d love to see custom build, built in to DA under the server admin section.

Rather than clicking build next to each option. I feel tick boxes may be better with a build option at the end.

So you go through and select your options:
    PHP, Spam options, any other settings and click build.

It would also be good to have an initial setup wizard.

Exim options in GUI and the DA config file in the GUI.

I concur. I like cPAnel because the flow of building the apps is easy. The custombuild script is just harsh.

I also miss have a webmail interface like cpanel where the end-user can pick which webmail interface they like, Instead on DA they need to know the url to their favorite panel .. just yuck

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited January 2021

@LinuxDet said: The custombuild script is just harsh.

I do agree that this part really takes the fine polish off of DA. I can understand that you might not want to build the complete software suite, hence being able to select individual components. It does overcomplicate the GUI though, in addition to it not being consistent in what is actually installed/built already.

Example: Build mcrypt Install/update mcrypt. Version 2.5.8.
    Is it installed already? There is no indication on the Build Software screen.
    Example2: Build opcache Install/update opcache.
    Just hit Build, got a popup that vanished quickly, then no indication on whether installed.

MariaDB is EOL
    MariaDB version on the system is end of life, please upgrade

This is unhelpful, as there's no indication of current version and no mechanism to upgrade.

(I can't stomach not knowing whether a command has executed, or is still in a task queue. Too used to "realtime" changes.)

Really need more in the GUI -

It would also be useful to give a summary on the custom build area of everything that’s currently enabled (working) with current versions.

• Custom Build moved to ‘server admin’ section built into DA with icons e.g. mail settings / PHP settings/ DA config settings / mail delivery / MYSQL options / everything in sections and tabs with tick boxes .
    • Email Trace system that breaks down to incoming / outgoing / failed by package / domain.
    • exim configuration.
    • terminal option
    • Rspamd needs to install redis etc when selected. The same for other options that it auto installs required extras.
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

Hey Fran, please let me know if I can be of any help.

• @DA_Mark @JetApps Any ETA for Remote Backup Plugin for GDrive with JetBackup5 with DirectAdmin? @MikePT was looking to enable it as per my request since I saw it at HostMantis' cPanel server but the GDrive plugin seems to not be available for JetBackup 5 yet :/

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @refik said:
    Hello,

+1

I'm searching for this too,
    because now I'm working on nodejs so I need a way to deploy my nodejs project to DA without a hassle.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @DianTama said:

@refik said:
    Hello,

+1

I'm searching for this too,
    because now I'm working on nodejs so I need a way to deploy my nodejs project to DA without a hassle.

Also interested to play a bit around with NodeJS for the backend instead of PHP. Would be cool if it was added :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ympker said:
    @DA_Mark @JetApps Any ETA for Remote Backup Plugin for GDrive with JetBackup5 with DirectAdmin? @MikePT was looking to enable it as per my request since I saw it at HostMantis' cPanel server but the GDrive plugin seems to not be available for JetBackup 5 yet :/

Yep that'd be great.

• Being honest DirectAdmin has improved a lot within a year, they can't have all cPanel features in just one year, I mean, when cPanel increased prices they didn't even have a responsive theme avaliable.

• is it possible to disabled or uninstall local mail server (SMTP) and any related services on directadmin ? is it enough if I go to custombuild2.0 options and disable all mail settings ( dovecot, exim,spamd) and also clam av ?

• DirectAdmin is a great product, honestly I don't understand why more shared hosting providers don't use it instead of cPanel.

• would like to see default gzip mod_deflate module on frantech enabled

• Guys,
    I think it is time to think DA as its own panels instead of a CPanel replacement.

That is the only way you will be able to enjoy the UI. At least that is what worked for me :)

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Why this thread is so silent? What happened?

@MechanicWeb said:
    Why this thread is so silent? What happened?

For sure :) @raindog308 csn we get this pinned by chance?

Francisco

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Being able to change PHP version per domain rather than per account would be handy. Although I'm aware of a workaround for this.

• @Mr_Tom said:
    Being able to change PHP version per domain rather than per account would be handy. Although I'm aware of a workaround for this.

Its already per domain as far as I am aware, can you clarify this?